Chase away the nervousness (JeTi)

Bag of Candies

Her lips curved upwards into a wide smile as she turned towards all the flashing cameras that were almost blinding her. Her teeth showed and her eyes disappeared behind her eyelids that almost closed and formed crescent moons.

 

One hand placed on her hip, the other was raised and waved towards the reporters. She turned, catching a glimpse of the woman beside her. Her smile faltered a bit upon seeing the other woman’s expression.

 

A smile was on the other woman’s smile, but compared to her her lips was tightly shut, and Tiffany could see it. Something that the reporters wouldn’t be able to see. But she could, and it wasn’t because she was standing closer than the reporters, it was because she had been able to learn the difference between the woman's real smile and forced smile.

 

It would look like the woman beside her was smiling, all normally. But Tiffany could see her lips were shut a bit tighter than normal, her jaw was slightly tensed. And there was that small trembling that probably the people only standing close to this woman would be able to notice.

 

Her eyes left the woman, giving her sincere smile towards the reporters and they finally could move on. Away from them and all their flashing camera lights.

 

Tiffany had no problem about it, but she knew the woman beside her had. No matter how many times they did it, she knew about the other woman’s nervousness that never seemed to disappear even after years of doing this.

 

Tiffany was relieved when they left all the reporters. She glanced behind her before she picked up her pace, catching up to the woman that had stood beside her. Her hand slipped into hers, she noticed it was a bit wet. The nervousness the woman had felt must have caused for it to happen, but Tiffany wasn’t disgusted, she just squeezed the hand a bit harder.

 

“Jessi, you okay?” Tiffany asked and glanced at the woman who had her gaze focused on the floor, carefully minding her steps as she was already unstable on the high heels she was wearing.

 

“Now I am.” She replied and glanced at Tiffany in the corner of her eye. It made a smile break out on Tiffany’s lips and she felt the woman squeeze her hand back.

 

“I’ll always be there to chase your nervousness away.” Tiffany said leaning closer to Jessica’s ear to whisper the words.

 

“I think my nervousness is scared of your smile.” Jessica said and looked at Tiffany that continued to smile at her. “It always disappears when I see it.”

 

The words only made Tiffany smile wider and she turned her head forward, and that small action gave Jessica the time she needed to properly thank Tiffany, and so she leaned closer, her lips pressing against Tiffany’s cheek before she pulled away and acted like nothing had happened even though she knew both she and Tiffany probably had blushes on their cheeks now.

 

“Thank you.” Jessica mumbled when she felt Tiffany looking at her. She felt her ears burn and her cheeks were hot, and her heart beat fast, but for a complete different reason than being nervous. She looked at Tiffany, noticing the flushed cheeks and the foolish smile on the woman’s lips. It calmed her and she managed to smile as well before the two of them let go of each other’s hand to sit down by the table with their other members.