Our Hero (TaeNySic)

Bag of Candies

She awoke with a slight stir when she heard the loud screams. Her eyes stared at the ceiling of the bedroom she was inside, her eye lids got heavier and they slowly closed again

 

“Oh my God!” The loud scream was there again and it made her open her eyes again. There were more screams which made her furrow her eyebrows and sit up on her bed. A yawn escaped her lips and she rubbed her tired eyes. Her ears tuned in to the conversation she thought were coming from the kitchen.

 

“Kill it! Kill it! Oh my God, kill it!”

 

“I don’t wanna touch it.”

 

“Jessi, just kill it!”

 

“You kill it.”

 

“No, I don’t wanna – oh my God it’s coming closer!”

 

“Don’t use me as a shield! Oh my God Tiffany let me go. Let me go!”

 

“It’s coming closer Jessi! Kill it!”

 

“I don’t wanna kill it!”

 

More shrieks were heard followed by the screeching sound of chairs being dragged against tiled floors. The woman on the bed got up from her position and slowly made her way to the kitchen while she listened to the two women that were currently there.

 

“Where is it?”

 

“There. On the floor.”

 

“Throw something on it.”

 

“You throw something on it.”

 

“Does it look like I have something to throw on it?”

 

“Throw your phone.”

 

“Are you serious?”

 

“Yes, gimme it.”

 

“No, not my phone!”

 

“Tiff, we have to kill it.”

 

“No, you have to kill it. I’m not touching it.”

 

“I don’t wanna touch it either. It’s disgusting.”

 

“Oh my God, Jessica, where did it go?”

 

“It’s there on the – oh my God. It’s not there!”

 

“Oh my God it’s probably crawling its way towards us!”

 

“Don’t say that you’re freaking me out!”

 

“It’s going to crawl up on our legs.”

 

“Shut up!”

 

She stopped by the kitchen entrance and let her eyes fall on the two other women that were currently on top of the kitchen table, clinging to each other like their life depended on it. She smiled by the sight and slowly entered the kitchen.

 

“What are you two doing?” She asked and looked up at the two women on top of the table.

 

“Oh thank God! Taeyeon-ah!” Tiffany said and let go of Jessica and reached her arms down towards the woman standing on the floor.

 

“Taeyeon there’s a spider somewhere in the kitchen.” Jessica said and looked around her like the spider would suddenly jump at her.

 

“You have to kill it.” Tiffany said and looked seriously at Taeyeon. The latter smiled at them and took in their appearance. Tiffany looked pale and ready to faint any minute, and Jessica looked like she would start crying. And none of them seemed to want to get down from the table until the spider was completely gone.

 

“A spider you say.” Taeyeon said and looked around the kitchen floor.

 

“Yes! A huge one!” Tiffany exclaimed.

 

“You sure it’s not one of Yuri’s toys?”

 

“Yuri’s toys don’t move!” Jessica fired.

 

Taeyeon smiled and stopped searching for the spider when she saw it under the table. She grabbed the nearest magazine she could get and rolled it up before she crouched down to get under the table. The women on top of it remained silent and still as they watched Taeyeon bent down and didn’t come back up until they heard a loud smack from the magazine being hit against the floor.

 

“Sica, your face has a crushed spider on it.” Taeyeon appeared from under the table and held up the magazine that had Jessica’s picture at the front. Jessica scrunched up her nose by the sight and shook her head.

 

“Just throw the magazine away.” She said.

 

“Wow, Jessi. Who would have known your face would be good to kill spiders with.” Tiffany laughed as she got down from the table and helped Jessica down that didn’t wait another second to slap Tiffany on top of her head after the younger woman’s remark.

 

“My face is not only good for moneymaking.” Jessica said and stuck out her tongue at the other woman.

 

“Whatever.” Tiffany copied Jessica’s childish antic and stuck her tongue out as well. 

 

Taeyeon shook her head at the other two women’s actions and made her way to the refrigerator instead. She felt she was being followed and when she turned around she got her feelings proved as she caught Tiffany and Jessica standing behind her, both sporting their own innocent smile on their lips.

 

“Hungry?” Tiffany asked.

 

“Want us to make you something?” Jessica asked after.

 

Taeyeon chuckled amused by the two women and lightly shook her head.

 

“I am hungry, and no, I don’t need you to make something for me.” Taeyeon said and found some ham and cheese she could make sandwiches of. She took what she needed from the refrigerator and moved over to the counter and began looking for the bread.

 

“Do you want bread?” She heard Tiffany ask.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“I got it!” Jessica suddenly appeared on her side, making her blink in surprise when the woman held out what she had been looking for. “Let me make you a sandwich.” Jessica added and beamed a smile her way.

 

“Jessi, you always need to call your mom when you make a sandwich.” Tiffany said and Taeyeon noticed the woman had appeared on her other side.

 

“Not always. It was just that one time.” Jessica corrected with a frown.

 

“That one time it got filmed and shown to the whole nation.” Tiffany continued to tease.

 

“Even to the whole world.” Taeyeon added on and took the bread from Jessica now when the woman was gaping and too focused on defending herself to notice that Taeyeon would make her own sandwich.

 

“It was just an unfortunate moment. I got embarrassed when the cameras were around so I out. I know how to make a sandwich.” Jessica said a pout forming on her lips.

 

“Yeah, sure.” Tiffany continued to mock the other woman.

 

“I believe you.” Taeyeon said and took her now finished sandwich with her.

 

“Thank you, Taengoo!” She heard Jessica say after her.

 

“She just said it so you wouldn’t get sad. Don’t boost your ego now.”

 

“Like you don’t get an ego boost whenever she defends you.”

 

“I do not.”

 

“You so do. You always get more confident whenever Taeyeon has stepped up for you.”

 

“Like you don’t feel good when Taeyeon step up for you!”

 

“I don’t act all cocky because of it!”

 

“But you smile like an idiot!”

 

Taeyeon shook her head and continued to eat her sandwich while shifting through the channels on the TV. She had to raise the volume a bit because of the two women who was still bickering in the kitchen.

 

She found it slightly amusing how Tiffany and Jessica had clung to each other for dear life just a few minutes ago, and now they were at each other’s throats. She pretty sure if the fight got enough heated the women would start to rip each other’s hairs out.

 

The voices in the kitchen abruptly died down, it made a Taeyeon slightly wonder if Tiffany and Jessica had killed each other. She waited a few more minutes for any sound but still not hearing any she finally turned around in her seat to check what they were doing.

 

Her eyes landed on two figures coming from the kitchen, one carrying a bowl of popcorn while the other was carrying blankets. Her eyes blinked confused as she soon found herself sandwiched between the two, a blanket covering the three of them and a popcorn bowl placed on her lap.

 

“Um…what’s this all about?” Taeyeon asked and glanced at Tiffany who was to her right, and then at Jessica who was to her left.

 

“Rewarding our hero.” Tiffany said and took a hand full of popcorn and put it in .

 

“And who is your hero?” Taeyeon asked and furrowed her eyebrows.

 

“You, of course.” Jessica said and leaned her head against Taeyeon’s shoulder.

 

Taeyeon smiled and looked down at the bowl of popcorn the two women were eating from. A small chuckle escaped her lips and she shifted to a more comfortable position and let her eyes go back to the TV.

 

“Your hero, huh?” She said, chuckling amused by herself. But neither Tiffany nor Jessica seemed to notice, or care about it, as the two were too engrossed in whatever was being shown on the TV.