Ch. 9

Melted

 

“Can I talk to the family?” the doctor asks the three teenagers as he finally gets out of Kyungsoo’s room.

 

Luhan, Sehun and Kai look at each other because none of them is Kyungsoo’s family. Luhan drove them to the hospital as Kyungsoo fainted at the school’s restroom.

 

“His family is not in the country at this moment.” Luhan finally answers the doctor.

 

Kai abruptly stands, “M-Me! You can talk to me! I’m his b-boyfriend! Yeah, boyfriend! I have the rights to know about my boyfriend!” he absurdly and hastily explains.

 

Luhan and Sehun throw Kai a disbelief look. The doctor looks skeptical at first but he gives in after all.

 

“Follow me” he motions Kai to follow him into Kyungsoo’s room. Kyungsoo is still sleeping, resting.

 

“So, Mister… Uhm…”

 

“Kai, just call me Kai.” Kai immediately responds the doctor.

 

“So, Kai, Do Kyungsoo fainted because of fatigue. He’s tired physically, and mentally.”

 

Kai frowns at the doctor’s explanation.

 

“He’s underweight. And I’m sure he hasn’t been eating any proper meal for the last few days. His stomach acid is extremely high. That’s why he gagged and threw up, as you mentioned earlier. That tends to happen whenever patient’s stomach produces hydrochloric acid beyond normal.”

 

Kai nods. But then the doctor sighs, “I also need you to know something.”

 

He walks closer to Kyungsoo’s bed and takes out one of Kyungsoo’s arm.

 

“Kyungsoo… is under depression”

 

The tan boy looks at the doctor in horror. Disbelief drawn on his face clearly. His mouth open and closes but no words come out.

 

“He’s been cutting himself” Doctor says as he pulls up Kyungsoo’s long sleeve sweater. Kai cringes when he realizes there are lines on Kyungsoo’s forearm.

 

“It looks like he’s been cutting himself for a long time. Some lines already healed perfectly. Some are still in the process of healing.”

 

Kai nearly cries as he keeps looking at Kyungsoo’s forearm.

 

“When he wakes up later, please talk to him. Patients under depression tend to keep things to themselves alone. Press the button above the bed if you need me.”

 

 

Kai drops himself on the chair beside Kyungsoo’s bed as the doctor excuses himself.

 

Sehun and Luhan are about to barge into the room when they see the doctor gets out of the room. But they halt when they see Kai from the glass window on the door.

 

 

Kai holds Kyungsoo’s hand tightly, crying.

 

---

 

 

“Do you think we should go in now?” Luhan asks Sehun. They’ve been sitting on the hospital chairs for almost an hour already.

 

“I don’t know. I kinda feel like we’d interrupt something really personal if we did” Sehun answers.

 

“Yeah…”

 

“Is Kai really Kyungsoo’s boyfriend? Why I never heard any of this?” Luhan asks again.

 

“I don’t know. I never heard anything about that either.” Sehun sighs.

 

“Is there anything you know, Sehun?” Luhan snaps at his boyfriend.

 

“I know Kyungsoo is Kai’s first love” Sehun shrugs.

 

“WHAT?!” Luhan shrieks, he draws some people looking weirdly at him.

 

“Are you for real?! That Kai?! And Kyungsoo?!!” Luhan harshly whispers, trying to tone down his voice.

 

“Yes, my deer. That Kai, and Kyungsoo. They attended the same elementary school and middle school if I’m not mistaken. You can ask Kai later.”

 

Luhan tries to absorb this information into his brain.

 

He sighs, “Can we go in now? I want to see Kyungsoo.” Luhan pouts.

 

Sehun holds his boyfriend’s hand, “Alright, let’s go in”

 

---

 

 

“Hey, Kai?” Luhan softly calls the boy with slightly puffy eyes. Kai turns his head to see Sehun and Luhan.

 

“Is Kyungsoo okay? Why did you cry?” Luhan asks again. Sehun nudges his boyfriend gently, sometimes his cute deer doesn’t know when to stop asking questions.

 

“He’ll be fine. He’s just exhausted, he doesn’t eat properly.” Kai mumbles.

 

Suddenly Kai feels Kyungsoo’s hand moves in his grip. He snaps to look at the boy on the bed. Kyungsoo’s eyes fluttering in attempt to open it.

 

“Kyungsoo? Are you awake? Kyungsoo?” Kai calls the latter as he presses the button above Kyungsoo’s bed.

 

In matters of seconds, the doctor earlier and a nurse come into the room. The nurse kindly asks Kai, Luhan and Sehun to leave the room for awhile as the doctor doing check-up on the patient.

 

 

“Do Kyungsoo? Can you hear me?” the doctor asks after the nurse gave a glass of water for Kyungsoo.

 

“Hng..? Am I in the hospital?” Kyungsoo groggily asks.

 

“Yes. You fainted in school so your friends brought you here. You passed out of exhaustion. And your gastric acid was extremely high. I already prescribed your medicine and I’ll have your meal schedule ready along with the list of foods you should and should not eat. I’ll have your boyfriend to take care of it for you if you don’t mind.”

 

“Boyfriend…?” Kyungsoo frowns.

 

 

“Yes, the one named Kai”

 

 

“Kai?”

 

“…”

 

 

“…”

 

 

“I think you need to talk with him.” The doctor finally decides.

 

 

 


 

A/N : hello, cherryblossomqueen's here. I'd like to thank all the readers and all angels who subscribe and upvote this story. I also perfecly acknowledge the issue that happened in EXO. But I want to make clear here that I will still use Kris in this story for the time being. This story will slowly focus on Kaisoo couple but for now, Kris will appear here and there. If you hold a grunge towards Kris because of the lawsuit, then be it. I can't change the story line because some people bashing Kris for what he did. 

Lastly, please keep support EXO. I hope we could find the conclusion of this issue soon because honestly I don't know what would happen, there are too many rumors T_T

EXO, Saranghaja!