Ch. 2

Melted

It’s Kyungsoo’s first day of school. To say that he’s nervous is an understatement. But he knows for sure that his bestfriend; Park Chanyeol, will be there for him.

 

But one thing he doesn’t know is Baekhyun; Chanyeol’s boyfriend, is a possessive little boy. Never once he tries to take Chanyeol away from Baekhyun. He knows clearly how much his best friend treasures Baekhyun. Never once crossed in his mind to do anything to make Baekhyun jealous, but it happened anyway.

 

“HE TRIED TO KILL HIMSELF BEFORE!” He hears Chanyeol’s desperate voice. That’s a cue for him to gather his strength then run down the stairs. He keeps looking down while hastily making his way to the bathroom.

 

Kyungsoo looks at his appearance in the mirror and sarcastically chuckles at himself. It’s only his first day of school but look at him, he looks so miserable with his eyes red from crying earlier. He quickly washes his face with cold water, hopefully it helps to freshen him up.

 

He sighs and grabs his phone from his pants pocket with shaky hands. He speed dials number 1 and waits until another person on the other line picks his call.

 

“Kyungsoo?” the sleepy voice greets him.

 

Kyungsoo nearly sobs when he hears that voice.

 

“Soo?  What’s wrong?” the person on another line calls him again. The voice sounds more awake now.

 

Kyungsoo squads down and muffles his cries in his knees. It’s a good thing that the bathroom is empty as students having lunch in the cafeteria and commons area.

 

“It hurts…” Kyungsoo whispers to the phone.

 

“What happened, Soo? What hurts?” The voice sounds more panics now.

 

“S-Save me, Kris… Save me…”

 

 

 

---

 

Kyungsoo spends the rest of the day in school avoiding Baekhyun and Chanyeol like a plague. He doesn’t want to make any more troubles or misunderstanding so he decides that it’d be better if he keeps his distance from those two.

 

Other students keep greeting him and try to make friends with him. He appreciates that, really. But he’s just not used with people giving attention to him so it’s kind of awkward to him.

 

When the study hall comes, Kyungsoo chooses to hurriedly run to the school library to avoid Baekhyun. He shares most of his classes with Baekhyun, including study hall. But seeing the latter is not an option in Kyungsoo’s life for now. Baekhyun looks like he wants to say something to Kyungsoo but Kyungsoo keeps avoiding him. Pity is the last thing Kyungsoo needs from anybody.

 

Kyungsoo takes the seat in the corner of the library, hiding behind rows of bookshelves. He fishes his phone out and sees text messages from Kris. He totally made Kris worried and he feels bad because of that. He replies Kris’ texts, saying that he’s okay already.

 

Kris and Kyungsoo were dating when they were both in the States. They broken up because Kyungsoo decided to move away and Kris’ parents arranged a marriage for their only son. Everything just fell into its place and breaking up was the best thing to do. But they still care of each other. Kris knows everything about Kyungsoo and there’s no way he’d leave Kyungsoo by himself. Even though they are continents away, Kris keeps in contact with Kyungsoo to make sure he’s okay.

 

Kyungsoo stares at him phone again before typing a reply to Kris.

 

To : My Picasso

< I wish you were here >

 

Not too long after that, Kris replies.

From : My Picasso

< I will. >

 

To : My Picasso

< No, you are 12 hours away >

 

From : My Picasso

< I’ll be there next week. I promise >

 

Kyungsoo smiles when he reads the last reply from Kris. It’s true that Kris will be in his school next week. Kris’ fiancé transfers to his school soon so does Kris. He’s looking forward to see Kris again, but Kyungsoo also knows better to keep his distance once Kris’ fiancé comes in the picture. He doesn’t want the same misunderstanding with Baekhyun repeated.

 

He puts his headphones on and hears the sound of piano lulls him. He still has at least 30 minutes before the study hall ended. He closes his eyes, might as well as closes himself from the world around him.

 

He doesn’t see his phone lights up, the new message from Kris comes.

 

 

 

From : My Picasso

< Soo, whatever happens, please don’t cut yourself anymore >