Ch. 10

Melted

 

Kai walks awkwardly into Kyungsoo’s room as soon as the doctor told him that both Kyungsoo and he need to talk. Kyungsoo is already awake and now is on sitting position on his bed.

 

Kai clears his throat, “Hey”

 

Kyungsoo stares at him with his wide innocent eyes. Big question mark on his face.

 

“Do you… Uhm, do you remember me?” Kai fidgets beside Kyungsoo’s bed.

 

“Kai?” the smaller boy responds.

 

“We went to the same elementary school. Well, you used to call me Jongin…” Kai trails off.

 

The other boy looks down to the blanket over his small body, “Kim Jongin. Yes, I remember you” he whispers.

 

 

Silence engulfs them room. Both of them don’t know what to say.

 

“How are you feeling?” Kai breaks the silence.

 

“So much better, thank you.” Kyungsoo smiles. Oh how that smile do things to Jongin’s heart.

 

 

Silence.

 

 

“Uhm, the doctor said Kai is my boyfriend…” Kyungsoo looks at Kai confusedly.

 

“Ah. That. Ha. Ha. Well… Your family is not here, the doctor said he needed to talk to your family. So I just told him that I am your boyfriend and I had to know if there’s anything wrong with you because… I care about you…” Kai explains as he trails off his last words.

 

 

Silence, again.

 

 

Kai ruffles his already messy hair, “This is so damn awkward. Okay Kyungsoo, listen to me, okay?”

 

Kyungsoo nods blankly. Kai holds Kyungsoo’s hand tightly and the latter is just too dazed to take his hand off.

 

“You scared me to death when you fainted back then in the restroom. Damn, you have no idea how much I care for you. You have no idea how I felt when you just suddenly disappeared back then when we were in the middle school. I felt like I lost something so precious. But then you suddenly appeared right in front of my eyes in the cafeteria. I thought I was dreaming.”

 

Kai takes a deep breath as he holds Kyungsoo’s hand even tighter.

 

“What I want to say is… I will take care of you properly this time. Please talk to me, Kyungsoo. Anything, tell me how you feel, I’ll protect you…”

 

Kyungsoo raises his free hand and puts it on Kai’s cheek, “Jongin…”

 

 

“I’m sorry, Kyungsoo… I’m sorry…”

 

 

“Jongin, why are you crying?”

 

 

Kai doesn’t even realize that he’s been crying.

 

 

“I’m sorry I let you through all of that by yourself… I’m sorry…”

 

 

Kyungsoo feels something warm melting inside him. He pulls Kai into hug, rubs his back soothingly

 

“It’s okay, Jongin. It’s okay. Please don’t cry…”

 

---

 

 

“They’re hugging…” Luhan whispers.

 

“I got it, babe, I got it. Please don’t peek on them. Let them have their moment” Sehun tugs his boyfriend away from the door’s glass window.

 

Luhan pouts.

 

“C’mon, let’s get something to eat.” Sehun kisses that pout then pulls Luhan away from the door.

 

 

---

 

 

“This is not the route to go to my house…” Kyungsoo looks over the window car in confusion. Sehun sighs loudly.

 

“You didn’t tell him, did you, Kai?” Sehun rolls his eyes.

 

Kai smiles sheepishly, “Well, I decided that you should stay with me.” he tells Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes widen that they already are, he opens his mouth but no words come out.

 

“We will go back to your house later to get your clothes and your school stuff. But for now, we’re all going to my house. You need to eat and take a rest. Oh, and your bag is in the trunk, no worries”

 

The small boy just nods blankly. He really doesn’t know what to do in this situation.

 

 

---

 

 

After Kai took care all of Kyungsoo’s medical documents and medicines, he decided that Kyungsoo should stay with him, in his house. He promised himself that he will protect Kyungsoo this time. He already called his mom, saying that ‘a friend’ will stay over at their house and his mom kindly welcomed it.

 

 

---

 

 

Luhan and Sehun drop Kai and Kyungsoo in front of Kai’s house. Luhan makes sure he hugs Kyungsoo before saying bye and telling Kyungsoo to take care of himself and not getting sick.

 

Kyungsoo grabs Kai’s shirt, “Jo-Jongin, I-I don’t think I can do this.. C-can we please g-go back to my house?”  Kyungsoo nearly cries, his voice wavers. He’s never been in anybody’s house except his.

 

“What? No! You’re home alone and you’re sick. I’ll take care of you, okay?” Kai holds Kyungsoo’s hand.

 

The front door immediately opens, a middle aged woman welcomes them both, “Ah, you guys are here. Come on in.”

 

 

 

Kyungsoo soon learns that Kai’s family consisted of his mother and his older sister. His dad had passed away long before he was born while his sister is working abroad now. It’s only him and his mom in the house.

 

Kai’s mom is caring. She’s not throwing any question at Kyungsoo during the dinner and the latter is more than glad to that fact. Although Kyungsoo is really quiet and awkward, somehow he feels comfortable in Kai’s house. It’s warm, it’s homey.

 

 

It’s getting late and Kai decides that Kyungsoo has to bear using his clothes for now. They will get Kyungsoo’s stuff from his house tomorrow. Kai rummages through his closet to find a shirt for Kyungsoo to use.

 

“Here, you can use this for now. I’m sorry, this is the smallest I can get.” Kai gives his shirt and track pants to Kyungsoo.

 

The smaller boy realizes that it’s a short-sleeve shirt, he stares at Kai helplessly.

 

“C’mon, you’re not gonna sleep with your sweater on, right?”

 

But Kyungsoo feels slump in his throat. He grabs his forearm tightly. The lines. His scars

 

Kai seems to realize this, he pulls Kyungsoo to sit on the edge of his bed with him.

 

“Hey, no one’s gonna judge you, Soo. It’s okay…” Kai reassures the smaller boy then motions him to change his clothes in the bathroom.

 

 

When Kyungsoo comes out of the bathroom with his small-but-still-big-on-Kyungsoo shirt and long track pants, Kai nearly squeals like a high school girl. It’s a good thing he has a great self-control. Kyungsoo looks so adorable in his shirt.

 

“Uhm, am I going to sleep over in your house?” Kyungsoo innocently asks.

 

“Well, you’re going to stay in my house” Kai emphasizes. He waits for Kyungsoo’s respond.

 

“I-is it.. really o-okay? W-where am I going to s-sleep?” Kyungsoo mutters quietly, hands still behind his back.

 

“You sleep with me here” Kai points at the bed.

 

“B-b-bu-but!” Kyungsoo stutters almost immediately.

 

Kai chuckles, “It’s okay, really. I’m pretty sure it fits both of us. Have you taken your medicine?”

 

Kyungsoo nods.

 

“Great, you can take a rest now. I’m gonna finish my essay a little bit” Kai turns his swivel chair to face his laptop on his desk.

 

Kyungsoo hesitantly climbs the comfy bed. He sneaks under the comforter and realizes it smells like Kai. Kyungsoo blushes to the thought. He turns around to see Kai types furiously on his laptop, face full of concentration.

 

 

Whenever you feel like you need someone to talk to, talk to Kai.

 

 

The doctor’s words in the hospital earlier ringing in his head.

 

“Jongin…” Kyungsoo softly calls Jongin, he’s half-wishing that Kai wouldn’t hear him.

 

“Hmm?” Kai hums, eyes still on his laptop.

 

 

Kyungsoo’s debating inside, should I ask him? Should I not?

 

 

But his mouth acts faster than his brain, “Why do I live?” he whispers.

 

 

Kai snaps his head to see Kyungsoo. He gets up from his chair to sit on the edge of his bed. He pulls Kyungsoo into sitting position but Kyungsoo quickly snaps his arms away from Kai, as if afraid that Kai will see his scars.

 

Kai sighs, he cups Kyungsoo’s face in his hands, “Soo, what did you think?” he quietly asks. Kyungsoo stares at him for a second then drops his eyes to the blanket.

 

“Sometimes, I just wonder. I have so many questions but I can’t seem to find any answer.” Kyungsoo mumbles, still not looking Kai in the eyes.

 

“What questions? You can ask me, tell me what’s in your mind.” Kai says, hands on Kyungsoo’s shoulder.

 

“Why do I live? Wouldn’t it be better if I just die? Wouldn’t it be better if I just disappear? If people hate me that much, why do they torture me? Why don’t they leave me alone? I always feel like an outcast, nobody wants me, nobody loves me. Wouldn’t it be better if they just kill--“

 

 

Kyungsoo feels a drip of water in his fidgeting hands. He looks up to see Kai, “Jongin, why are you crying?”

 

Kyungsoo erases the tears from Kai’s silent cries. Kai just doesn’t understand it. Kyungsoo is so beautiful yet he’s suffering. He feels so lonely and betrayed. He feels unwanted.

 

 

Kai just doesn’t understand, how can people not see that Kyungsoo is beautiful? He’s pure.

 

 

“Jongin, don’t cry please…” Kyungsoo keeps sweeping away his tears.

 

 

Kai calms his self down. He takes a deep breath then draws Kyungsoo’s hand to his chest, to where his heart is.

 

“Kyungsoo, as long as I breathe, so do you. Do you feel it ? My heart beats for you.”

 

Kai looks into Kyungsoo’s eyes. There are so many emotions in it. Pain, hurt, betrayal, hope.

 

 

“I will be the reason for you to live and you will be the reason for me to keep on my life. I’ll protect you. I’ll make you feel loved and wanted. Kyungsoo, please… Give your all to me and I give you all of me. Please, tell me whatever you think, whatever you feel. Tell me your anxiety, your fear, your sadness. I’ll take them all. Heck, I know I can’t always be the rainbow after your rain but I promise you that I will dance with you under the rain. I won’t let you go through everything by yourself anymore. I’m here, Soo…  I’m here”

 

 

Kai draws Kyungsoo into his arms and he can feel his shoulder wet. Kyungsoo cries. His shoulders are shaking, he muffles his sobs into Kai’s shirt.

 

Kai pulls off slightly, he cleans Kyungsoo’s tears with his thumb. The said boy still sniffing lightly and his lips quivering.

 

They stare at each other in the eyes for a few seconds before Kai slowly leans down to kiss Kyungsoo gently on the lips.

 

 

 

“I love you”

 

 

 


 

A/N : Surprise? Teehee~ So I finally updated, this chapter is kinda angsty and hopefully kinda fluffy too, you decide ^^ and if you guys don't mind, please read my new story, it's an oneshot story of Kaisoo. Let's escape from this angsty story and enjoy the new short fluffy story! 

 

Click this link --> The Yellow School Bus 

 

Tell me what you guys think about it!