The Past and the Present

The Jerk Teacher and the Jerk Student
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

~The Past and the Present~

"Mom!" I waved my hands happily at the woman from across the street. 

"Luhan ah!" She waved back, smiling. The bright work uniform caught my eye.

She jogged over happily. "Luhan ah, I got the offer!"

"Really?! Congrats mom!" I hugged her with excitement. 

"Thanks honey, now we don't have to worry if your dad's restaurant closes!" She squealed.

We smiled. It was all good. It was the best.

But...

Several months has passed. My mom grew more tired everyday, she would always come home with a frown on her face. 

"Mom... What's going on?" I massaged her shoulders.

She grinned at me bitterly. "You're still young, you don't understand. There are always things you don't have to know." 

I was confused, scared, and angry. 

One night, I overheard my mom crying in her room with my dad. 

"They're still all over my debt... What should I do?" My mom's voice muffled the noises.

"We can figure this out. Together. Please believe in me. Believe in us." My dad's voice was husky and coarse. 

I guess my mom didn't believe in my dad. Nor did she believe in herself. 

When I rushed to the gigantic building of "Oh So Diamond", my mom was on top of the building, looking down upon earth, the people yelling out to her, and her sea of misery. I was too shocked and confused to even move. 

Emotions were overwhelming me and I just stood there, looking up at my mom. 

And then she jumped. 

I screamed. But screaming did nothing. I was just a poor child who witnessed his mother's death.

It was the worst image in my life. My once beauitul mother, on the ground, body collapsed, blood oozing out. 

Later, I heard a lot about her and her true relationship with "Oh So Diamond". 

My mom was in debt with this company for a long time, and she agreed to work in that company until she retires to pay that debt. But after she started working in there, apparently, the C.E.O of that company was still all over her debt, forcing her to sell her belongings, even her house and family. 

That was why my mom commited suicide, right? It's all because of the pressure from this company, right? It's all because of that person, the C.E.O of "Oh So Diamond".

It's all because of him. I thought. Whoever he is, I hate that person. 

But after my mom commited suicide, nothing went on. No one asked for money, no one tried to find my dad and I. 

As if nothing happened.

But I didn't care about anything. I just knew that my mom commited suicide. Because of this company, because of the C.E.O.

This will never go away in my mind. 

Sehun leaned on the door, looking at me while I packed my backpack. 

"What's going on?" He asked.

"Nothing." 

Sehun leaned in and lifted up my chin by force. "Tell me why you're leaving."

Please log in to read the full chapter