Year 1998

Forever Young

"Minwoo-ah. Please hand me the comb beside you." Mr. No ordered the 4-year old.
"Ne appa~" Minwoo replied. He stood up and grabbed the comb. He walked towards his father but to his dismay, he tripped on his shoe lace. The comb on his hand fell and his head landed on it.
"Waaaaaah!" Minwoo cried. His father turned to the direction where Minwoo was. He quickly ran up to him to examine his bruise.
"Minwoo-ah. Kwenchana?"
"Aniyo. I have red liquid going out of my forehead. WAAAAAH." Minwoo cried louder.

"Appa. What happened?" The 6-year old went out to the backyard as soon as she heard her dongsaeng's cries. She sat beside the crying child and patted his back.
"Minwoo-ah. let me see." Nana pushed Minwoo's hand that was covering the bruise on his forehead gently.
"Appa. You were suppose to look after him while me and mom were preparing our lunch!" Nana scolded her own father.
"I-I was-"
"Aish~ Nevermind. It can't be help. I'll get the first aid kit. You try to calm Minwoo down." Nana instructed.
"M-Mianhae." The father scrathed the back of his head and tried to cheer up Minwoo.

Ever since Nana turned 4, she was the one who acts like a mother around Minwoo (who was 2) whenever their parents aren't home. She acts really mature for her age. Nana went back to the backyard but this time she was carrying a white case with a red cross in the middle.
"Araso, Minwoo-ah. Let's play doctor." Nana said.
"*sniff* play? *sniff*" Minwoo asked. Nana nodded and Minwoo took his hand off his bloody forehead. Nana wiped the dried blood off with a warm towel and cleaned up the wound. Nana applied alcohol on an another towel.
"Minwoo-ah. Are you superman?" Nana asked.
"Ne! *sniff* Minwoo is superman. I will fly up up up up~ *sniff*" Minwoo sang. 
"Araso. Be brave. I'm gonna apply this to superman now." Nana warned Minwoo. Minwoo knew that it'll hurt so he grabbed Nana's arm before Nana could apply the alocohol on his wound. Nana gently applied the towel on Minwoo's forehead. Minwoo tightened his grip on Nana's arm and closed his eyes because of the pain. After a few more taps, Nana finished cleaning the wound and placed the bandage gently.

"Aja! We have a super brave superman in the family." Nana cheered as she lifted up Minwoo and spun him around. She stopped and looked at his father who's currently dumbfounded. "My daughter is better than me." He thought to himself and scratched the back of his head.
"Yah! Appa~" Nana called her father.
"huh? Ne!" Mr. No shot his head up and looked at his smirking 6-year old daughter.
"Yeobo, Nana-ah, Minwoo-ah! Lunch is ready!" Mrs. No called from the kitchen window.
Nana looked at his father again and smirked. She left her father standing there, dumbfounded.
"Yah! How dare you treat your father like that! Are you sure you're six?!" The father yelled in a sarcastic voice as he followed behind his children.

In the dining room, you could hear a lot of chatting and laughing. Minwoo is sitting between Nana. Nana is seating beside their father and their mother across the father. Minwoo keeps the family alive with his childish sentences like "Noona! Please pass me the bottle of blood." Minwoo said referring to the bottle of ketchup. "Noona, umma, appa. Elephants are inside my stomach *burp*" Minwoo exclaimed. The three of them laughed and Minwoo pouted.

"Nana-ah. Tomorrow's your first day of school. Are you excited?" The mother asked.
"Ne!" nana cheered as she swallowed her food.
"Noona, you're going away?" Minwoo pouted.
"Ne. But just for a few hours. I'll be back." Nana smiled at her dongsaeng.
"But, I'll be alone in the house." Minwoo crossed his arms and sank himself unto his seat.
"Ani. Maid noona is with you tomorrow." The father said.
"I want Nana Noona!" Minwoo protested.
"Aigooo~ You love me that much?" Nana teased.
"Ne!" Minwoo nodded.
"You can come with me tomorrow and go back home with maid noona." Nana said.
"Chincha? Umma, Is it true? Can I really come with Noona?" Minwoo shot his head up and looked at his mother.
"Well...." The mother started.
"Aww. Chaebal umma! Chaebal! uh? uh? uh?" Minwoo tried his aegyo. Their mother gave in and nodded.

The next day, Mrs. No woke up Nana early so she can prepare for her first day of school.
"Nana, ireona. It's a big day today!" Her mother shook her trying to wake her up.
"Umma, 100 more minutes." Nana groaned and covered herself with her blanket.
"If you don't wake up, I'll never give you your Boyfriend bag." The mother threatened. Hearing her mother's threat, she quickly sat up.
"Ne! I'll take a bath now!" She ran to the bathroom and the shower. Nana is a big fan of Boyfriend ever since she saw them in Music Bank. (A/N Pretend Boyfriend is famous around that time. LOL)

After Nana took a bath, she dried her hair, wore her uniform and combed her long brown hair. She placed one clip on the right side of her hair and grabbed her Boyfriend bag that was sitting on her desk. She ran down the stairs and found Minwoo rubbing his sleepy eyes between their parents.
"Aigoo~ Our daughter is so cute!" Mrs. No ran to Nana and hugged her.
"Noona! Nemou kyeopta! I wish you could be my girlfriend!" Minwoo cheered and tried to not be sleepy. Nana blushed at her own dongsaeng's compliment and didn't say anything.
"Aigoo. Our minwoo is a grown up now!" The father lifted the sleepy Minwoo and headed through the front door.
"Kaja! Nana will be late. Ajhumma! Let's go!" The father called the maid that will take care of Minwoo and boarded the black BMW car that wa sparked in their  garage. Nana sat at the back with Minwoo and the maid while their father was driving and their mother seated at the front seat beside her husband. After half an hour, they finally arrived in front of Nana's new school. They went out the car and headed to the announcement board to check what class Nana's in. Once they figured it out, they quickly walked to the classroom stated at the board.

"Nana, you nervous?" The father kneeled at Nana's level and patted her head.
"Ani-yo." Nana sang and grinned to her father.
"Good girl. Here. Don't lose this. The teacher might get mad." The father winked.
"Appa! What's that?!" Minwoo ran to them and snatched the blue card away from Nana's hand.
"Yah. No Minwoo! Give that back!" Nana shouted. Minwoo ran behind the maid and tried to read what was written on the card.
"K-K-Kaaaa-ng Na-na. Kang..Nana?" Minwoo tilted his head and asked if he read it right.
"Ne~ Aigoo. Minwoo is so smart." Mrs. No ruffled her son's hair.
"Umma. Why is my name No Minwoo while Noona's name is Kang Nana?" Minwoo asked. Mr. and Mrs. No looked at each other with a worried look.
"Ne umma. How come?" Nana started to be curious.
"Ah! he-he. uhm...No Nana wouldn't sound...correct..so..we....we.. decided to change it. yeah. change it. hehehe." Mr. No laughed nervously and lied to his own children. Minwoo and Nana nodded and smiled at their parents who smiled back at them.
"That was close." Mrs. No whispered to her husband.

Nana took back the card and placed it inside the pocket of her skirt.
"Nana, is that you?" A voice from behind was heard. The family turned around and saw a woman holding a child's hand.
"Ajhumma, dugusaeyo?" Nana asked.
"you don't know me?" The ajhumma asked. Nana shook her head and the woman looked at her parents. Mr. & Mrs. No widened their eyes at the sudden realization.
"Na-nana, you go in first. The teacher will get mad at you." The father said pulling Nana away from the woman.
"Ne appa. Cheogiyo, you're my classmate right? Let's go!" Nana grabbed the child's hand and pulled her away from the ajhumma's hand.
"Ajhumma, please bring Minwoo to the playground." The maid nodded and grabbed Minwoo's hand and left.

"Annyeong haseyo." The couple bowed. "Long time no see." The greeted.
"Ah ne~ Isn't that Nana?" The woman asked. The couple looked at each other and nodded.
"Why doesn't she know me?" The woman asked again. "You didn't tell her did you?"
"Aniyo." Mr. No hung his head low.
"Araso. I know you have a good reason." the woman smiled. They smiled back.
"How's the orphanage doing?" Mrs. No asked.
"It's fine. A lot of children were abandoned lately so yeah."
"Ah ne~ Who was that child you were holding a while ago?"
"Ah that's Gong Mika. Actually, she was the only friend of Nana back then."
"Mwo?!" The couple shouted.
"Don't worry. She doesn't remember Nana. They were too young after all." The orphanage keeper smiled at them. The couple sighed in relief and bid goodbye to the keeper. They went to the back of the school to tell the maid that they'll be going to work as soon as they checked on Nana for the last time.

They walked back in front of the classroom and peeked in the window door. They saw Nana talking to Mika while the teacher were talking to other student. (A/N It's their free time since it's the first day of school so yeah XD)

"Will she be okay?" Mrs. No asked, worried.
"I hope. Mika-sshi, doesn't remember anything right? And so does Nana. She'll be fine." Mr. No tried to think positive but he was still worried that nana would find out the truth.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crappy Chappie? LOL. Can't imagine Minwoo being like that when he was four XD
kekekekekke.

How'd you guys like the banner I made? Kinda fail right? But yeah. XDD Can't find a photo of korean kids, so I just used what I saw :))

Comment and subscribe :)
Comments are loved like Minwoo is loved <3