6. Hurt

Rival=Cupid

Chapter 6: Hurt

 

The air seems tense. Mariya could not chin up to face his father. She can feel the heat radiated from her father. It’s very rare to have her father angry, more toward her, his only daughter. She’s really regret. She never done anything that would disappoint her father before. This is the first time.

“Mariya, explain why you did it..” her father suddenly break the silent.

She didn’t dare to speak up. She remained silent until her father speak again.

“Mariya, I’m asking you.. look at me.” His commanding tone makes her shivered a bit. But at last do as her father said. She look up.

“ I don’t want to marry Yuto-kun father.” She finally said. Earn a big sigh from her father.

“What makes you think so?”  this time his tone is relaxed a bit.

“Eh? I thought you want to match make me with Yuto-kun, i overheard you talking to Uncle Hoshi about that.” Mariya said, confused.

“..and you end up lying to us? Mariya..Mariya.. can you at least believe in me? I’m your father, it’s not possible for me to force you doing something you don’t want. Even thought i am your father, i will never force you on such thing.” Somehow Mariya can detect a tint of sadness in her father’s voice.

“ I..i’m sorry dad, i’m worried that i’ll disappoint you if i say no to what you want.” Mariya feels guilty.

“You just did my dear.” Mariya couldn’t hold back her tears when seh heard the words.

“I’m so sorry.. i’m sorry dad..I’ve been very selfish, and i end up disappointing you..” she said in between her muffled cries.

Mariya’s father walk toward her seat, sat down besides her and gently her silky hair.

“Mariya, you always been a good kid. I am proud of you. It’s just that, i am sad with your action this time. Crying alone is not enough to fix things. You must be responsible for this. Let’s meet Hoshi tomorrow. You must apologize to him.”

Mariya nodded. “Dad, will you forgive me?”  She asking for assurance from her father.

“As long as you regret and learn from your mistake. Make sure you’ll never do the same thing again, yes i’m willing to forgive you.” Her father said calmly.

Mariya can’t help but throw her arm around her father, hug him and repeatedly say sorry.

***

That day, Aki was paying her regular visit to Yuto. Yuto’s broken leg is recovering. He’s started on his physiotherapy session. Upon arrived at the rehabilitation room, Aki saw Yuto was holding tight onto rails on both of his left and right.  It seems pretty hard for him to balance himself when he started to put weight on his recovering left foot. He reluctantly raise up his right foot but immediately put it back as he can’t balance his body.

He’s wincing. There’s a few drops of sweat dropped from his forehead. The therapist in charge telling him to take it easy, but he gritted teeth, insist to keep doing it. Eventually he made it to the end of the railing. Then Aki decide to announce her presence.

“Konnichiwa Yuto, how was your legs?”

“Ok..” he replied.

“I’m sure you’re going to get well soon.” Aki encourage him and give an encouraging pat on his back.”

“Yeah.”,  was only his respond.

Nurse Aoi was preparing the wheechair for Yuto, and Aki asked if it’s ok if she let her bring Yuto to his room. Nurse Aoi let her. So she went to Yuto who was sitting on a bench and help him get into the wheechair.

Aki somehow can feel that Yuto is acting differently that day. He wasn’t as cheerful as he used to. It’s weird enough to see someone who cannot see and cannot walk being so energetic as Yuto, but it is more weird when that Yuto turn to the opposite.

Aki was distracted with her thought when they finally reached Yuto’s room. As they were inside, Aki went to the sliding door and push it open to let the fresh air in. Then she helped him up to his bed. Since Yuto didn’t say anything, Aki went to the balcony.

“Are you going to water the plant?” Yuto finally initiated a conversation.

“Yeah..” she said.

“You must really love the plants ne Aki..” Yuto slightly emphasize the last word.

“Unn,not really, just because it’s there, i did, but i don even keep plants at home..” she leisurely said, before she realized what she heard.

“Eh..wh..what did you just called me?” She started to stutter on her words.

“Aki.. Amano Aki. It’s you right. There’s no Mariya, it’s always Aki..” Yuto voice sounds cold. His expression is also...cold.

Aki was speechless. She didn’t know what to say, should she defend herself? Should she apologize? Should she just deny everything?

“I assume that i am right. I never thought someone like you will lie to me. Of all things i hate, i hate liar most!” Yuto exclaimed.

Aki was still, speechless. As if her voice were hold back behind . Eventually she said,

“I’m sorry..” her voice is low.

“From now, and after i am healed, i never want to see you..” Yuto blurted out, very firm.

Aki didn’t see it coming so soon, or..she never see it coming, she thought she will make it to the confession of her doings and apologize to Yuto before he find it out. She never thought that Yuto going to know about it this soon.

Her heart aching, she clutches on the chest of her shirt. Holding back all the guilt and mixed feelings she felt, finally she managed to say,

“I understand, I’m so sorry..” She’s trying her best to hide the cry, and walked out of the room. As soon as she closed the door, she dashed out to where she finally feel tired, which was only a street away from her house. With tears still streaming down her face, with guilt that never faded away, she drag herself to the house.

 

***

4 mei 2014.

I am discourage. I start writing for myself, don't care if people read it or not. But apparently knowing that there are readers gives a good feeling. Thank you reichan and nichan for your support. I hope i didn't make you feel like wasting a time reading my fic. I can't predict when will i finish this, but i will. 

 

=) kuroneko