12 . Unexpected Visitor

Rival=Cupid

Chapter 12 : Unexpected Visitor


Osanai-san was helping Aki to blow her hair. She really can’t comprehend what Aki just did. Well, Aki is always up to something weird and she is always take things weirdly. Despite having that in her head, she still surprised by how Aki never fail to amazed her by her actions.  Earlier Isson came to Ama Cafe and with him, was the drenched Aki. She keep questioning her what had happened but Aki chose to remain silence. As told by Isson, Aki jumped into the sea. 


“This baka kid jumped into the cold water. What was she thinking..” Isson scolded Aki but immediately stop once he recalled how he already scolded her and in return, not a word come out of .


The other Ama was not around when Aki was there. All are busy preparing Uni-don at Natsu Bappa’s house. While Aki was having day-off and going out early that day because she had meeting with Yuto. After changing to fresh attire, Aki left the cafe for a walk. She decide to go to the station, maybe she can see Yui there, was what she thought.
Apparently, Yui is not in for that day. Aki gave up and wanted to go home as her thought was in a complete mess. She looked at her watch, it’s 12 p.m. Still half and hour for the next train. While waiting for the train, she recalled what happened earlier that morning after she went out to see Yuto. 


Yuto said he’s going to take shots near the old light house. The light house where Aki’s mother used to spend time during her teens. Yuto asked her if she can meet up with him. She just agreed and went. It was all nice and easy until Yuto said something which make Aki doubt of what she heard. 
“Aki, about what you said last night, you don’t need to worry. Well, it’s true that i like someone, but she’s not Yui-chan.” Yuto started.


“Ah, then that’s good to hear, because i will not approve it if you come between Taneichi-sempai and Yui-chan ne..” She genuinely relieved by what Yuto said. 


“ Of course i will not, because, the person i like is.. it is .. you.. Aki..” Yuto carefully put it into word as  he was never good at it, and he never confessed in his entire life. 


He thought that telling the truth as soon as possible is better. He shifted his gaze right away, looking down hiding his face since Yuto can feel his face are hot, must be blushing madly. The silence stretching between them, and it’s killing him. As he returned his eye on Aki, and about to look for a clue from her face, Aki turned around and sprint toward the light house with full speed. Yuto was dumbfounded and quickly regain his senses and run after her. Along the way he could hear someone shouting calling  “Amano! Amano! Doue Amano?!”, and turned out it was Isson who happened to be nearby. Of course Aki ignored that. Yuto realize that now it wasn't only him, but Isson accompanied him to tun after Aki. For some reason they failed to overtake her and before they realize it, Aki had jumped into the sea.


Isson was freaking surprised by her action and shouting like mad. He then jumped into the sea to save her. Isson thought Aki could die in the cold water. He managed to bring her out and she was freezing. Yuto was truly dumbfounded as he cannot comprehend of the incident. He just watched Aki being scolded by the teacher. He lend his jacket to Aki. He wanted to tag along with them when Isson said he will walk Aki to the cafe. But Isson just reminded him of his appointment with Taneichi and the Nambu diver students. Yuto could sense that Isson know there’s something between him and Aki so he indirectly suggest Yuto to let her be for a while.


***

Aki come back from her reminisce when she heard Taneichi’s voice calling her. With him, there was Yuto. She can’t look at her face. So she was just smiled to Taneichi, and she grew uncomfortable when Taneichi bid her good bye for he’s going home already. The sempai left the waiting lounge only to her and Yuto.
“Anoo..about what i said this morning, i was hoping for an answer, but..” just when Yuto tried to say about earlier incidence, someone -in  and calling Yuto’s name in surprise. 


“Yuto-san!!” the girl called. 


Both Aki and Yuto diverted their gaze to the caller. That day is surely full of surprise when they was visited by unexpected old friend.


“Mariya-san!!” both exclaimed. 


Mariya hasn’t notice Aki before that, and when she did, she quickly run and hugged her. 


“Can i stay with you for couple of days?” Mariya smiled sweetly as she said that. 
“Err..ss..sure, but why are you here?” Aki still cannot believe she met Mariya here.
“It’s a long boring story, so don’t waste your time on that, let’s go to your place!” Mariya avoided to answer. 


She just can’t say no and they take the train and ride home. Despite them being a rival not long ago, now she and Mariya was talking to each other as if they were the long-lost best friend. Mariya seems to be enjoying the hospitality at Aki’s house. Even though Aki was curious of the sudden visit, she choose not to mention it. But the answer slowly approaching her when she received a text message from Yuto informing there’s another unexpected arrival of an old-acquaintance the day after.

-To be continue-
A/N : Happy new year! Nichan here’s another late update. I’m sorry again for the long time taken.