11. You like her

Rival=Cupid

Chapter 11: You like Her

 

The weather is getting cold, Aki was lying in bed. She was so stubborn to keep diving days before because she can’t stand thinking about the approaching fall. She want to dive as much as she can before that. Her stubborness get back at her when she had a flue and fever. Natsu bappa spend the morning till afternoon at home because she was worried about her only grand daughter. But left for chores in the afternoon after making sure Aki had drink her medicine. She come back earlier than usual at night. This had been going on  for 3 days already.

 

In a week, the season will change. Fall in on its way. Aki mourning hard because she can’t have the last day of the summer to dive. Natsu bappa had warned her. After 3 day, the fever subsided, and she’s looking fine, but Natsu bappa will not be happy if she went to the diving spot. Natsu bappa can be as scary as her mother when she’s serious. Once, Natsu bappa were so mad at her and she refused to talk to Aki for days until she reflected on her mistake.

To avoid such cold war, Aki settled with helping Natsu-bappa preparing Uni-don(rice topped with sea urchin) in the morning, and selling them in the train. After Uni-don sold out for the day, Aki sat down at one of the seat waiting to get off at the station. She noticed an advertisement about Aki-Matsuri, the yearly event of Kitasanriku. Aki slap her forehead. She had forgotten it. The chief of tourism bureau had mentioned about it and asked her to participate in the event. She couldn’t make it because of the fever. But Yui is going to run for Miss Kitatetsu. Aki was sure Yui will win without much effort.

Aki decided to drop by at Rias since she has nothing to do after selling Uni-don. She was a little too early than the usual time. She was not allowed to go to cafe because she had just recovered from the fever. The Ama-club’s obasans, or her sempai is a worry-warts. They always over-reacted when someone fall ill. Thanks to that, Natsu-bappa was taken care of very, really, well when she was admitted to the hospital a year before. Aki was distracted from her thinking when the announcement made that they are reaching the main station, where she want to drop at, where Rias is located. She jumped off the train and went straight to Rias.

As Aki entered Rias, no one was there except for Ben-san, Yui, and to her surprise, another person, he was indulging the Uni-don as he never taste it.

“Yuto! What are you doing here?!”

The boy almost choked himself, and was gasping for air, while his hand reaching a glass of water in front of him.

“Haaahh.. you make me startled, don’t do that..Aki..” He was still having irregular breathing.

“Sorry sorry..but i am shocked too.. what are you doing here all of sudden?” Aki asked him the same question.

With a wide grin, he answered, “ I came for Aki Matsuri..i heard it was interesting and one of the most anticipated even here..”. He shoved his bulky camera to the air.

“Ah really..” was Aki reply.

Aki take her place at the counter bar and helping Yui with the chores while Yuto back to finishing his meal. Then someone greeted them from the door. It was Taneichi-sempai. He was smiling widely at Aki, but sudden change of expression happened when his meet eyes with Yui. He picked a seat near Ben-san, a little further from Yui. Yuto keep looking at the two, then he quickly make friend with Taneichi. Before leaving, Taneichi reminded Aki for the extra class they’ll going to conduct on the day after. Yuto noticed that and asked if he can tag along. The same day with Aki Matsuri. He wants to see what Nambu diver do. They had arranged that after the class, they are going straight to where Aki Matsuri will take place.

***

Taneichi and Yuto was already waiting for her when Aki arrived at school. She was not late, just that the other two were earlier. Apparently Yuto stayed in Taneichi’s house the night before. She couldn’t believe how fast they become friend, and now looks like some kind of long lost friend who fated to meet again. They talked a lot to each other. Aki never see Taneichi talk that much. Yuto was indeed a bit talkative compared to Taneichi, but still, this is a bit new to Aki. Aki and Taneichi was assigned to different group. Taneichi’s group is all male, but Aki’s group, there’s girls diver.They were engrossed in facilitating the training session, while Yuto was busy capturing the moment.

The lesson lasts for 3 hours, the three of them were a bit tired but excited for Aki Matsuri. Aki especially is so excited because she got to see her idol, which is
Yui as Miss Kitatetsu again. The haven’t announced the result, but she’s sure Yui going to win. Taneichi also anticipate to see Yui. He thought no one know.

They reach the place just in time for Miss Kitatetsu announcement were made. Everyone was so happy. Indeed the winner is as predicted by Aki, in fact almost everyone who know who is Yui. She was walking proudly with a warm smile toward the starge to receive her crown. She then sit on a fancy chair made for her. Some tough guys were in charged to carry her on her seat around the place, celebrating her.

Aki noticed how Taneichi looks. The she noticed that Yuto was looking at Yui without blinking, similar to Taneichi. A worry grew in her. She then pulled Yuto by his arm somewhere else after excusing themselves from Taneichi. Yuto asked where they are going.

 “ Yuto, have you tried Mamebu?” she asked in return.

“Nope, not yet. What is Mamebu?” He asked back.

“You have to try, Anbe-chan’s Mamebu is the best in town yo..” she’s grinning.

They were heading to where Anbe-chan and the rest of the Ama-club members are. Ama-club have a food booth for the festival, serving the famous Uni-don and Mamebu. Anbe-chan hand 2 bowls of Mamebu. Yuto take a bite while Aki dig in. A sudden frown appeared on Yuto’s forehead.

“Dou?” Anbe chan asked. Aki also focusing on him,

Before answering, he take a second spoon to his mouth. Another frown occured.

“ Anbe-san, i didn’t know how to say, it’s not that good, but i can’t stop taking it, the taste is undescribable.” Yuto honestly commented. Anbe-chan smiled, while Aki laughing saying that’s what she thought too.

A moment later, they were looking at the fireworks. Aki purposely pick a place further from the firecrackers because the sound is too loud for her. She loves firework, but cannot handle the sound from close range. So here she is, with Yuto and there are few people around watching the show as well.

“ You like her do you?” She suddenly brought up an unknown topic to Yuto.

“Ha?” Yuto a bit confused by her remark.

“Yui-chan, you like her right?” Aki now was looking straight to him.

“Eh, what? Why did you say that?” Yuto tried to trace the point.

“ I knew it, you like her. But Don’t dare to make a move, she’s taken. By Taneichi sempai.” Aki slightly pouted when she said that.

Hearing that, Yuto dind;t know if he wants to frown or laugh away. What he’s going to reveal a little later is going to earn a big reaction from Aki, something he never think of.

 

-to be continue-

9 October 2014

A/N: I'm not abandoning this fic even tho it seems so.