8. Unexpected on Honki Dori

Rival=Cupid

Chapter 8: Unexpected on Honki Dori

That day, it was the first summer since Aki had stepped on her beloved hometown after more than one year living in Tokyo. It was a year after the summer she spent with Yuto. Aki was born in Tokyo, she is always in Tokyo until she was 16 when her mother decide to pay a visit to her grandmother in Iwate, Aki decide to live there since she love the place so much and she hates Tokyo. Then after some encouragement from her new bestfriend, Yui who dreams to be an idol, she tried her luck in Tokyo again and went to have a training as idol under a certain producer. But later everything went not so much to her favor, she decide to quit, finish her school quietly, and return back to Iwate.

That day, was the awaited day. It’s Honki Dori. As an Ama, or woman diver, this day is very special. Because they can go to the open sea and caught as much sea urchin as they want. The target capture for woman diver is mainly sea urchin. Divers usually have a certain quota to catch even though tourists often come to the place to see Ama and eat the sea urchin they freshly caught. The quota rule was made to practice conserving the nature. They don’t want sea urchin to be exploited excessively and become extinct, so the local authorities come out with such rule.

 Since it is Honki Dori, Aki was very pumped up with lots of energy and she woke as early as 4.30 am. Not long after that, an announcement calling for all woman diver in the place was heard. Aki recognize the voice, it’s Osanai-san’s. She smiled, this is her second Honki Dori in her life. The first one, was during her early involvement doing Ama job. But back then, she’s only managed to get one sea urchin. So this time, she’ll make sure to catch a lot of them, to compensate her bad performance years ago.

After changing into her diver suit. She prepared to go to Ama Club which is also the Ama Cafe. Ama Cafe was rebuild with the fund from Mariya’s father. They still have a section for the amas to keep their belonging and amas equipments, now the place also equiped with simple shower room for ama to wash after they done diving. Once Aki reached the place, she can see everyone is getting ready. Natsu bappa also there to help with preparation.  When everything is set up, they went out in a group with Osanai-san, Yayoi-san, Misuzu-san, Natsu bappa, and Aki sing Itsudemo Yume Wo from Hashi Yukio.

Aruite aruite
kanashī yofuke mo
Ano ko no koe wa nagare kuru
Susurinai teru kono-kao agete
Kī teru uta no natsukashisa
Itte iru iru o mochi nasai na
Itsudemoyumewo itsudemoyumewo
Aruite aruite
kanashī yofuke mo
Ano ko no koe wa nagare kuru

 

[Walked and walked
Even in the dead of the sad night
Her voice comes flowing
I'm still sobbing but I raise my face
Listening to her song with longing
She keeps telling me to keep in my heart
Dream always, Dream always
Walked and walked
Even in the dead of the sad night
Her voice comes flowing]

As the group finally reached the beach, they can see those people who are in charged with the boats to bring them. Stove-san also there. He was smiling widely and holding a camera. As always, Stove-san is the one responsible for documentation of the event. He’ll tag along with them with other boat. He greeted everyone, and welcome Aki for her come back. He then said that he wanted to introduce someone to them and turned around looking for the person. Aki also looked at the same direction as Stove-san. She can see someone, he was thin, wearing a white t-shirt with black casual jacket and dark brown cargo pants. But Aki couldn’t see his face since he was bending down, maybe looking for something.

“Oi! Cameramen-san! Kochi kite!”

“Hai, chotto Adachi-san.” He was strugling pulling out something.

“Yatta!” he said, finally he can pull out his camera strap out of from the fishing net. It’s so mysterious how it can tangled with such thing.

Once he look up to where Stove-san or Adachi Hiroshi-san is, Aki who is also there was startled.

“This is Nakajima-san this is Aki-chan, Aki-chan meet Nakajima-san.” Stove-san introduce the two.

Aki was lost at words, her eyes were wide opened, also . Yuto managed to keep his surprised expression hidden.

Yuto bowed to her, she did the same. Followed by few steps back and run to one of the boat which Osanai-san already boarded.

“Yuto.. why are you here?” She muttered to herself.

 

Imagine Aki's shock face like this. 

 

 

-to be continue-

20 mei 2014

Update! yesshu! Sorry, it was indeed a long pause. Sorry for very short one. I was busy, still busy, no proper connection. Typo, weird english, wrong sentences, gomenasai!