10. Healed

Rival=Cupid

 

Chapter 10: Healed

 

Aki was having cup ramen as dinner in the house. She’s having dinner alone that night since Natsu-bappa is on duty at Rias. Yui-chan also at Rias but need to leave early for a family occassion. Nothing interesting on TV. She could have replay Shiosai no Memories for the n-th time if it is not yet returned to Yoshida-san.

Eliminating all the possible activities to do, Aki left with nothing but her thought. She trailed back to her coversation with Yuto earlier.

“ How have you been?” Yuto broke the stretching silence.

“So so..” Short answer.

“Why are you so stiff?” Yuto asked again.

“Are you not mad at me?” Aki questioned him.

Yuto let out chuckle before answering, “Apparently, I can’t stand mad at people that long. It’s been a year, no way i would be angry that long.”

“Really?! You’re not angry now?”

Yuto only replied with a warm smiled.

 

Unconsciously, Aki smiled remembering that. She’s glad that time healed her bitter friendship with Yuto. Although she left with the truth revealed, but still feeling uneasy with how things ended with Yuto back then. She’s glad that she met him today.

***

Aki skipping to Ama Cafe in the morning. She’s not scheduled to dive today, she only have duty to serve people in Cafe only. After that, she’s going to meet Taneichi and Isson at Nambu Diver Department at school. Isson asked her to help training the girls students who just enrolled to the class.

As Aki step into the cafe, the old ladies whispering and signalling her to the kitchen. They were curious about one customer. The customer asked to see her. Aki peeked to the seats and saw none other than Yuto.

“That guy been waiting for you since we opened. Your boyfriend back in Tokyo?” Yayoi-san playfully teased Aki.

“No, he’s a friend..” Aki was quick denying Yayoi-san’s words.

“ Eee.. he’s not? What a waste, he is very fine young man.” Yayoi-san sounds disappointed.

“Well, he might not suit Aki ne, because he is very handsome..”, Misuzu-san added.

“Yeah, right..” Osanai-san agreed and all of them approved Misuzu-san’s statemment by breaking into laughter.

“Mou! You guys are cruel! I’m going now!”..Aki pouted while stomped off to where Yuto was sitting.

Yuto greeted as he saw her approaching. Aki did the same. Yuto told her he is going back to Tokyo. Apparently his assignment on capturing photos of Ama’s activities in summer almost done. In 2 days, he’ll be off to Tokyo.

Yuto intially wanted to focus his project on Ama activities in summer only. But after he followed their activities, and meeting Aki, he changed his plan. He’s going to cover Ama’s activities in fall and winter too.

But Yuto did not tell Aki his whole plan yet. He’ll show up again without prior notice to Aki. For the remaining days he in Kitasanriku, he finished the final shots for the diving.

 

***

Aki feels very excited to be involved with Nambu Diver training. She’s been in love with diving since she step into Kitasanriku, becoming Ama, and event joined Nambu Diver department. The real excitement is actually comes from the person next to her that moment. None other than Taneichi-sempai. Her crush since the day she know about Nambu diver. She can’t help but to feel ‘doki-doki’ everytime he flashed his bright smile.

Even though Aki well aware of Taneichi’s feeling for her bestfriend, Yui-chan, she still harbour the admiration toward him. Taneichi and Yui was once a couple for few years, a long distance couple like Yui want. Unfortunately broke off halfway. It started one sided. Taneichi loves Yui, but not the other way round. Yui just wanted to have a boyfriend in Tokyo as she is obsessed about Tokyo. Aki knew about the break-up only when she returned to Kitasanriku.

With the news, she started to become conscious about Taneichi again. She was wondering if she still harbour the same feeling during their high school days. The feeling when she first saw him. She fell for Taneichi way before he shows interest to Yui. She even sulked when Taneichi expressed his true feeling that he has always interested to Yui. He admit it directly to Aki since he knows Aki like him.

After the end of practice session that day, Isson invited Aki and Taneichi to Rias, he want to buy them dinner. Reaching the place they just greeted everyone there casually, but two of them appeared awkward. It’s Yui and Taneichi. Even when Yui taking orders, they avoid each others’ eyes, and continue with the works and Taneichi continue chit-chatting with the others.

Isson depart home soon after finished his dinner leaving Taneichi and Aki.

“Senpai, it’s time to go home, let’s go!” Aki suggested.

“Can you go first, i forgot to lock my bike. No need to wait for me, i’ll catch the next train.” Taneichi said.

“Sure, see you in next practice class senpai. Yui-chan, i’ll leave first okay.” Aki excused from Rias. Taneichi is also get ready to leave.

“Hai, see you Aki-chan..” Yui said.

Aki reached the platform when she suddenly realize her paper bag she hold since from the school is not with her. The last place she put is on the counter at Rias. Quickly, she turn around and walk in a fast pace back to Rias. Upon entering the cafe, she heard Taneichi’s voice.

 “It’s been a while since i talked to you. The last, probably during the break up.” Taneichi said.

“No, that was only a text message.” Yui said indifferently.

Aki can hear a sigh from the guy. Then Daikichi-san popped out of nowhere wanting to get into Rias.

“What are you doing? Get in.” Daikichi-san said in loud voice,and pushed the door opened thus interrupting the conversation Aki overhead between the two inside. Ben-san followed after Daikichi-san. Aki just passed the message to Ben-san for her grandmother to pick up the paper bag for her before she go home. She knew that Natsu bappa will drop by Rias before the closing hour and probably she’ll be riding Daikichi-san’s car as always after the last train operation. Aki quicken her pace to the platform again to catch the train and to avoid Tanechi-senpai noticing her overheard their conversation earlier.

She managed to hop into the train before it depart. Aki was busy thinking about what she heard. Seems like Taneichi still harbour feelings toward Yui, and Yui too..even though she sounds indifferent, but Aki can tell there’s something wavering inside her voice. She knew Yui too well to not recognize it. Perhaps, both of them still have a chance.

“I want to do something for them.” She muttered under her breath.

 

-to be continue-

(6 August 2014)

 

A/N: Douzo. If anyone still want to read. Thank you guys.

 

=) kurochan