7. Let go

Rival=Cupid

 

Chapter 7: Let go

 

Aki entered her house. Luckily Haruko isn’t around or she’ll surely interrogate her if she sees her daughter in that condition. Puffy eyes, tear stricken face. Even though Haruko easily become angry, she cared so much about her daughter.

Aki threw herself on the bed. Face sunken to her pillow, not moving until she felt the need of oxygen in her lung. Turn around, and took a deep breath. Somehow she calmed down. She was wondering how on earth did Yuto found out about her bluff. Mariya already told her father, she texted her the night before, and was ready to meet Yuto’s father to apologize, and after that she would confess about what she did. The guilt, it will surely be with her for a long time. Aki didn’t have the courage to face Yuto anytime soon. She’s glad that  at least, she said sorry before leaving. If Yuto didn’t wish to see her, then she’ll comply with his wish, the least she can do after such mean things she commit is comply with what Yuto want.

“Jejeje!!!” Aki suddenly cried out loud, as if witnessing a shinigami ushering a soul to the heaven.

Somehow, her father Masamune abruptly opened the door of her room asking if anything bad happened to her. She never realized his father was home. Shock, she shook her head and said nothing. Her father nodded and left.

“No~ I unconsciously run all the way home and left my bicycle at the hospital..” Aki can just face palm to her silliness.

***

Kaoru regain her confidence to see Yuto again. Ever since she broke the news to him, Yuto didn’t reject her as much as he did before. Still cold, but she believe it is just a matter of time before she got him back. Yuto was always very soft to her. Even though she never take him for real since they know each other. Kaoru knew that Yuto had a crush on her when they first entering junior high school. But being a popular girl, she don’t really want to be tied up with only one person. She enjoyed having many boyfriends, going out with one after another without properly declare any special relationship.

Only when they were in their third year Yuto actually confessed to her. Somehow she accepted him. She is interested with him, but it was only at the beginning. She felt bored. Yuto is not the lovey dovey type. Even though she accepted him as her boyfriend, he never even hold her hand, let alone hug or kiss. Never. Once Yuto told her that he would not do that carelessly since it is a serious matter for him. He want to reserve that until much later, if possible, he want to hold it until they get married. Kaoru just give a sarcastic chuckle when she heard that. To her, it was too ideal. Such relationship is not fun. She flirt with other guy to make Yuto jealous many times, she succeed at making him jealous, but his stand did not waver, Yuto was willing to give her chance everytime she was flirting with those guys. Kaoru cannot stnad the relatonship with Yuto anymore because he does not seems like care about her. She was angry to the point that she kissed a guy purposely in front of him and break off their relationship. That was when Kaoru determined, and thought she did the right thing. That was when Yuto gave up on her.

She never thought that she would regret letting go a good guy like Yuto. Perhaps, she didn’t know what is good guy back then. She laugh it off her silliness. While the past memories swirling her mind, she walked toward the hospital entrance. She took the train from her place to go to the hospital. From the station, it is only 3 minutes walk to reach there. As she passed the side of the building. Kaoru saw a familiar face. Someone she dislike. Even though that person has done nothing bad to her, at least not directly, and not intentionally. She was Aki was struggling to unlock her bicycle. Kaoru quickened her pace and approached Aki in no time.

“You still dare to come here, Mariya imposter..” she throw the insulting line to Aki.

Aki was shocked by the sudden voice. She don’t know who Kaoru is. But hearing the name, Mariya, her brain tells her it must be related to Yuto.

“ Excuse me, do i know you?” she tried not to burst out as she always tend to do.

“ Someone close to Yuto, the one you lied to. I’m his girlfriend for your information.” Kaoru self proclaimed her status.

“I assume it’s you who told him about me, no? How did you know about me?” Aki probing.

“You don’t have to know. Never show your face to Yuto again you liar..” She insulted.

Being unlike her usual self who easily fight back when someone shouted such mean words to her, she just take her bicycle and went away, leaving Kaoru dissatisfied with her reaction. Kaoru thought it will be heated up a bit more.

Shrug it off, Kaoru went to where she intially headed to. Yuto’s room.

***

“Who is the girl just now?” Kaoru asked him.He was surprised by Kaoru’s sudden visit, just when Aki went home.

“A friend, Mariya.” Yuto merely answered uninterestedly to continue the topic.But the respond he got was a chuckled, purposely let out by Kaoru even though he did not say anything funny. This, perks his interest.

“Why are you laughing?” Yuto initially didnn’t intend to prolong the talk did the opposite.

“I wonder what kind of friend fake their name.” Kaoru give a vague answer.

“Huh?!” Yuto didn’t get it.

“ I know her name, it is Aki, Amano Aki, and you called her Mariya. This is interesting.” Kaoru said.

“Don’t tell lies Kaoru, I really appreciate it if you stop what ever you plan to do.”

“Ask her yourself, then you will know who lied.” Kaoru’s voice sounded very confident. His heart started to consider her statement just now. Aki..

What Yuto heard from Kaoru lead him to disclose Aki’s indentity. He called Aki when she was off-guard and she confirmed his questions by answering the name. Kaoru is right. She didn’t lie.

Yuto’s train of thought was interrupt when he heard someone knocked on the door and greeted him. Kaoru is here.

“Ohayou Yuu-kun.”

“Ohayou Kaoru.”. Yuto is not in the mood to entertain anyone. He was just betrayed by someone he thought as a friend, and it’s not the time to entertain an old crush.

“I saw her outside.” Kaoru initiated. “She’s not coming in, I assume you already knew the truth?”

“Really? What ever. I don’t care.” Yuto lazily replied and lay back on his bed.

“That’s right! Stop thinking about that, you want some strawberries Yuu-kun? I bought you some..”

“I dislike strawberries..” Yuto frowned while answering that, ‘Mariya..no, Aki never bought me strawberries when she come.’ He keep the thought to himself.

“Naa Kaoru, you don’t have to come anymore.”

“Eh, it’s okay Yuu-kun, i want to help you.” Kaoru said.

“No, i’m can take care of myself. I want to be alone until my surgery. Don’t come.”. Yuto mean what he said.

“You still hate me don’t you Yuu-kun.” Kaoru guessing.

“Like i said, i want to be alone. I hope you understand and respect my wish.”.Yuto avoided arguing on the reason. Did he hate her? It’s not easy to not feel anything toward someone who dumped you in such a mean way. But he was sure he did not hold any grudge, yet her presence still feels unpleasant to him. Eventually Kaoru gave up. She left soon after.

Kaoru never thought that Yuto still going to shooed her away. She thought without Aki around, he’s going to welcome her back. But she’s wrong. Yuto is not the same Yuto who in love with her years ago. He already moved on. Kaoru is not part of him anymore. She was only his past.

 

-to be continue-

 

I wish i can show you the face when Aki screaming 'jejeje' . Poor interenet connection make me have to forget it. Not much progress yet. Pls be patient. Thank you.

 

=) kuroneko