3. Aki

Rival=Cupid

Chapter 3: Aki

“Summer is on 'his' way~ I can smell it! Summer scent! So fresh!” Aki said while opening the curtain and sliding door to the small veranda in Yuto’s room. It’s already 2 weeks since she met him.

“No fair, you’re copying me.” Yuto pouted and folded both of his arms close to his chest.

“Copy what?”

“That was my line. ‘I can smell’, I said it before..”

“Ahha, must be your influence” Aki just laugh it away and later joined with Yuto.

“When i regain my sight, I’m going to spend days just to take photos. I miss my cameras.”

“You must like doing photography ne?” Aki said.

“Not like, I LOVE photography. My grandfather is a great photographer, he is my inspiration.” Yuto sounds very excited.

“ Sokka, then one day, you must show me the photos you took. I like to take photos too, but not as much as you.”

“You like photography too? That’s great!” Yuto replied.

“But i only use compact camera. I can’t stand those heavy camera. My wrist hurt after using them. I’ll have you judge my photos ‘sensei’~” Aki purposely highlighted the word ‘sensei’

“Leave it to this sensei then.” Yuto acted proudly while patting his chest, which earn a light laughter from Aki.

“Ehh, ‘sensei’! You really should come to my hometown! It’s really beautiful there in Iwate. There are sea and railway, divers and uni!” Aki excitedly said.

“Your hometown is in Iwate? I thought Uncle Keizo’s hometown is just in Tokyo..” his father once mentioned about that.

Aki stuttered, she was caught off guard. Eventually said,

“It’s my mom’s side. My grandmother lives there.”

Yuto just nodded since he never know about Mariya’s mother. Aki continued,

“Ah, before i forgot, tomorrow and the day after, i cannot come, something up and i need to entertain it.”  

“Sure, no problem. I’m glad you have time for yourself since you’re being so stubborn to come here even on Sunday.”

Yuto kinda scolded her for being stubborn. Aki just pouted signalling her protest, which Yuto cannot even see.

Aki need to replace Mizuguchi as Suzuka Hiromi’s assistant. Suzuka got a shooting for her new drama, and Mizuguchi asked her to replace him for two days as Suzuka’s assistant since he is still recovering from high fever. Suzuka Hiromi is a well known actress at her 40’s and was managed by Amano Haruko’s talent agency, which is also Aki’s mother.

“I’m not stubborn..” was the only reply she could give.Yuto just chuckled, amused.

***

Last 2 days was indeed tiring. Aki works with Suzuka from early morning until late evening. After that she accompanied her for a dinner at the usual sushi restaurant, after that only she can go home.

Suzuka is a really demanding lady. She want’s everything to be perfect. At the same time, she’s very kind. She is the one who always support Aki when she was involved with showbiz world not too long ago. But eventually Aki decide to quick after done with a few small projects.

Yes, Aki was in showbiz, she did a kids program on tv, and she went to auditions for idol group. Aki decide to stop since she found that was not what she really want. She want to go back to her grandparent’s house in Iwate, become a sea urchin diver just like her grandmother and run their bussiness, but her mother forbid her, saying she should at least finish her school in Tokyo first. 

So there she is, striving to finish her school. Apparently she went to the same school  Mariya attend. At first encounter, Mariya recognize Aki despite her short involvement in the show bussiness, and showing a not-so friendly attitude. Mariya met Aki once before Aki went to the same school as her. Both of them went to one audition for a role in a drama. Of course it is not a lead role. When the production shortlisted names for 5 runner up, she was not in, but Aki was. Aki didn’t make it to the final though. It’s just that Mariya can’t accept that a newbie like Aki would reach up to 5 runner up but not herself, a professional teenage model, and she’s famous.

That’s why Mariya always consider her as rival. She don’t get it why, even after she decide to leave showbiz world, Mariya still see her as rival. That didn’t make sense to her. But since Mariya never cause her trouble, she just let it be. It’s not important anyway.

That day, Aki woke up late. She noticed that it’s almost 10 when she woke up. Nobody home. After tidy up her room, make herself a simple breakfast, she decide to visit Yuto at 2. Wearing a simple white shirt with thin lace on the neck area, with knee length brown trousers, and her pink backpack, she went out of her house and ride her bicycle all the way to the hospital. The location of the hospital and her house is not that close, she could have ride to nearby station and take train, it’s faster that way. But Aki insist to ride bicycle since that’s the only excercise she’s willing to do. Her mother always scolded her for being lazy to work out and exercise.

Along the way to the hospital, she stopped by a sweets shop and bought some taiyaki. Aki was not sure whether Yuto loves sweets, but he did say he loves Japanese food, and her common sense said sick people should eat sweets sometimes cause it’ll make them happier, and energizing.

In hospital, Aki happily opened the door and greeted Yuto with her most cheerful emotion but shocked with what she encountered. 

"Jeje!" was her reaction.

 

-to be continue-

20 april 2014

 

About the camera and photography, Yuto fan must know he's crazy about camera. But about his grandfather a great photographer, i made it up, few days ago i watched meringue no kimochi program, Yuto mentioned about his grandpa, maybe he got a lens for camera frm his granpa or what, i'm not sure. So the idea came from that tv show.

I realized that i mistakenly put the notes above on previous chapter. I deleted it already bcs it meant to be here. I appreaciate comments. I didn't review this well before posting. Sorry for typo and weird english. 

 

:) kuroneko