5. Uninvited

Rival=Cupid

Chapter 5: Uninvited

 

Aki went to school with unsettled feelings. She need to find Mariya. She need to talk to her, but had to endure it until break time. The news about Yuto having a surgery on his eyes made her happy, but also worried. Because...she’s not Mariya.

Walking toward Mariya’s class, she saw Mariya walking toward her. She called her, and noticed that Mariya is increasing her pace. Eventually they were just an arm away, when Aki just about to speak up, Mariya acted more quickly and grab onto Aki’s arm and drag her to an empty music class.

“Mariya, Yuto’s going to heal soon. He’ll definitely can tell that i’m not you!” Aki speak first.

“More important than that, i heard that his brother was here. Did you met him?” Mariya asked. Aki nodded.

“This is bad, this is bad..Uncle Hoshi is coming back, he knows me..” Mariya replied.

Aki was speechless for a while.

 “Just be honest with him..and.. after that, i’ll be honest too” Aki said in a firm voice.

Mariya looked at Aki, she knows Aki is. What they did is wrong, and they don’t even have a proper plan to continue the lying. She sighed, and nodded.

***

Yuto was alone in his room when someone knocked on his door.

“Come on in~” he heard the door was opened and someone stepped closer.

“Hello Yuu-kun, it’s me Kaoru.” Yuto’s guest introduce herself.

“Eh? Kaoru? How do you know about me?” Yuto was surprised by her visit.

“Raiya, I asked him what happened to you when I accidentally met him in last week.” Kaoru answered.

“I see. I never thought you would come.” Yuto replied a bit coldly.

“That’s because Yuu-kun never tell me. Of course I would come. You are a special someone to me.” Kaoru said with sweet voice.

“Huh, really? Am i?” Yuto smirked and let out a sarcastic chuckle.

“Yuu-kun why are you saying that, of course you are. I wouldn’t be here if you’re not. I still love you very much.”

“Sorry Kaoru, i won’t be able to return your feeling.”

“But I am sincerely love you. We could be together again..”

“Please, from the beginning, there are no ‘we’. It’s never there in the first place.”

“Do you hate me that much now?”

“I don’t hate you, I just had enough of your fake feelings and decide to live on without you in my life.”

With Yuto’s rejection, Kaoru was really taken aback. She felt humiliated. She felt ashamed. All these negative feelings were jumbled up inside her. Kaoru left the room and went to cool herself just at the benches near a public phone where Yuto’s room is still visible.

After few minutes, she saw a girl was heading happily toward Yuto’s room. Her curiosity tells her to go and investigate who she is. She walked closer and peeped inside, decide to eavesdrop on them from outside. She heard Yuto called her Mariya.

“So your name is Mariya huh?” She muttered.

***

Kaoru was dragging her legs lazily out of the audition room. Once again, her audition went not in her favor. It was her n-th attempt. Kaoru used to be praised ever since she was little. She always get what she want. But now, why can’t she make it to the entertaintment industry? Everyone was praised her for her looks, girls are jealous of her, and guys always swooning over her. She received countless confession. She only accepted cool and popular guys, but cut it off when she lose interest. Not cool guy, will always end up cruelly rejected. Even so, people still praised her. She was at her best in school with fame. But why can’t she make it out there? The place where beauty is the point of talking.

While making her way out of the building, her eyes caught someone.

“Ohh, it’s Suzuka Hiromi-san! Woah, I never thought i can see her live in front of my eyes.” She muttered excitedly.

Then her excitement results to curiosity as she heard Suzuka-san calling someone,

“Amano-san..Amano-san!.. Come, i want you to meet Mister director here.” She called this Amano person.

“Hai hai..” The one she’s been calling answered. To her surprise, it was her! The girl Kaoru saw visiting Yuto the other day, and seems rather close to him.

Then she heard Suzuka introduce Amano, which apparently her assistant to the director.

“Mr. director, this is my assistant, Amano Aki, she’s replacing my assistant Mizuguchi for today.”

“My name is Amano Aki. Glad to see you Mr. director.” Aki bowed while introducing herself.

Kaoru was witnessing the whole thing happening in one of meeting room where she can see and hear everything clearly. She was trying to comprehend what is happening. Why Yuto called her Mariya, and why is she Amano here?

Somehow her brain started to pick up. She have a valuable information. She shall dig it a bit more and then fate might be on her side. At least her fate with Yuto seems to be a bit brighter.

With the thought, Kaoru can’t help but to smirk evilly.

 

this is haruna as kaoru

*credit to rightful owner

-to be continue-

26 april 2014

 

Sorry, i'm just not able to write longer. Just imagine Kaoru is Haruna's character in Share House no Koibito. I feel a bit irritated with her role there but their scenes are cute except for the cheating part. Thank you for your time. I expect long pause until next chapter.