Chapter 1 part 2

Always Keep The Faith

2007

SNSD- also known as Girls’ Generation. Debuted under one of the biggest company in Korean music industry, the girl group has risen to fame quickly. Reality show, music charts, all of Republic of Korea are having their heart taken in by SNSD.

Tiffany looked at her phone. Incoming call from Khun. She still remembered like it was yesterday. The day they met each other. A handsome foreigner boy with beautiful but sad , lonely eyes. They kept in touch ever since. All the loving messages and all the story she knew Khun just shared with her. All the story of people struggling from living in this stranger’s country. Tiffany still remember that night when Khun stood in front of her dorm, with a bunch of flower in his hands: “Be my girlfriend will you?”

“Come on Fany, it’s show time.”-Jessica, her friend, was calling.

“Ok. Coming!”-She pushed the deny button, put the phone on the table and got on stage. Once you have become famous, the time you spend for your beloved is nearly zero. They were just floating apart like that. Tiffany is now famous, the person of public. If their relationship got out, it would affect Tiffany’s fame and career, and she wouldn’t let it slip out of her hand that easily

------------------------

“Tit..Tit…Tit….”-a familiar sound that Khun received when calling his girlfriend. He knew she is busy with her work. But if things kept going on like this, how long will they relationship last? Khun sighed, shaking his head.

“Khun hyung!”-somebody was calling him from afar.

“Udong, you also came here to practice?”-Khun smiled and say, unknowingly threw his arms around the younger’s shoulder. Right, since that night, WooYoung has become his bestest friend. All the dance lessons are no longer hard when Woo is around. Khun slowly opened up with other trainees through Woo’s Korean lessons. The younger became Khun’s companion everytime he eats out, or hanging out, or simply just in those nights they crept out of the dorm to sneak in the practice room like tonight.

“Nae, did you come without telling me hyung?”-Woo pouted cutely. Khun can’t help but raise his hands to squeeze those puffy cheeks. WooYoung is so cute. Everytime he’s around, Khun felt himself at peace, like he doesn’t have to worry about anything in the world.

NichKhun suddenly caught WooYoung’s hand, holding it tight: “Come on! The lesson this morning was so hard. You have to teach me again! Hehe!”. Then they both smile and sneaked in the practice room through the back door.

“Five, six, seven, eight,…”- WooYoung was counting along with dancing but his eyes couldn’t kept his eyes of Khun. Everytime focusing on something, the older’s eyes sparks fire. Woo knew the taller got in YP because of his look but with his determination, Khun was getting above all other trainees.

“You got it wrong here.”-Woo came and got behind Khun, touched his bare arms to show him how to dance. All the practice session with all the skinships like this become so often but some how, the atmosphere became so hot just like both the boys’ faces.

After two hours practicing non-stop, Khun and Woo both were drained out. They lay down on the floor, busying catching their breath. Khun turned his head to look at the other boys. Looking at the younger, with his puffy cheeks, the lips that keep pouting, Khun swiped out Woo’s sweaty hair lingering on his face.

“Thank you WooYoung.”-Khun said, shyly looked at the ceiling and smiled.

“It’s nothing hyung! Just some moves.”

“Not just that. Thank you for staying next to me, for making friends with me. Without you, I would probably not in Korea now but back to America a long time ago. …”-his voice got stuck at the end of the sentence.

WooYoung’s hand shyly found it way coming near Khun’s hand but he was still to shy to touch it. He just smiled and whispering: “You’re welcome..”

Khun sat up, pulling the younger hands to sit up with him. They sat facing each other, Woo still didn’t know what was going on.

“WooYoung ah”-their palms touched, Woo’s hand is a little smaller, it stayed small in the older’s one – “if we get to debut, I want to be in the same group with you. Or if not, you can’t forget me ok?”-Khun’s voice became teary.

WooYoung was surprised but then he bursted out laughing: “ Of course hyung!” They looked at each other and smiled, the small practice room is where it all started.

-------------------------------------

“Sorry, I had to get on stage so I can’t pick up.”-a message from Tiffany.

“It’s okay, I understand.”- though tired, Khun still replied immediately. He wanted to let her know that she is not the only busy one. But he still found time for her but she’s not.

Then it went silent. They both looked at the phone’s screan, waiting the other to text first but no hope. It’s simple that they didn’t know what to say to each other anymore. People says in love relationship, if you can’t find interest in the other one, when meeting each other you don’t know what to say, it’s time to stop.

Khun threw himself on the bed. He thought about his relationship with Tiffany. They started as friends, sharing the same suffering in life. Then he met WooYoung, sharing with the younger all the hardship in the singer’s path. A lot of time being next to WooYoung, Khun almost forgot all the thing he was worried about, homesick, worries about being rejected in the company. He still annoyedly had to keep his dating a secret during their trainee days cause JYP has banned any dating. Now, it got even harder when his girlfriend is a celebrity. NichKhun sighed.

Lately, except the time when he’s alone with his phone, Khun didn’t remember about Tiffany. His feelings weren’t the same as it had been. Even Khun himself realized it. Maybe it’s time to break up. He knew that Tiffany felt the same way.

Khun reached the phone, typing his message when he received on.

“Let’s break up Khunnie.”-short and meaningful. Khun knew Tiffany had a hard time being like this too.

“Uhm. Thank you for everything.”-Khun replied and got up to take a shower. It was morning already. Last night, a lot of things happened. But he knew, tomorrow is a new day, a new day full of hope.

His phone began to flash. “Khun hyung, did you wake up yet? JYP want to have some words with us. I’ll wait at the company ok?” Udong.