Chapter 10

Always Keep The Faith

WooYoung dashed out of the cars and ran into the company, he jumped over the staircases and went straight to their practice room. But when he arrived, no one was there. He was surprised, tried to get back some breathe.

“Khunnie probably went to find some night snacks, let’s wait a little and he will show up. I need to talk to him.”-Woo spoke to himself.

The practice room suddenly became so quiet. WooYoung just sat there waiting, he felt nervous, his heart was beating fast. He knew he still loves NichKhun so much, Tiffany eventually just a tool for him to get revenge. But isn’t that harsh for the girl? But think again, Woo didn’t know if she accepts to be his girlfriend or not? He has gone after Tiffany for a while, what was the reason that she still hadn’t said yes? Those questions just wandered in his mind, then there were doubts but WooYoung quickly shook them away.

“It can’t be. Don’t doubt anymore WooYoung. You need to learn to believe. You just heard the PD said already. Everything will be okay. Yes. I just need to meet Khun hyung and everything will become clear.”

His phone started buzzing.

“Hello, WooYoung’s listening.”

“WooYoung, I’m in front of the company to pick you up. You have composing lessons today.”-the manager hyung whined through phone.

“Right now? Can I just skip today?”-Woo begged, pouted as if the other line could see him.

“What’s the urgency? If not, you can’t skip. Come down so I will drive you there.”-then he hung up.

WooYoung stared at his black screen with a sad face. He guessed he just have to talk to Khun later. What was there to rush right? He stood up and left the place.

Khun went back to the practice room as soon as he left JYP’s office. His shoulder felt heavy from all the pressure he was taking on. He crashed down on the floor, hugging both his knees. Then he bursted out crying. There went the tears. Maybe it was the end of his relationship with WooYoung. This would end like this, only him alone in this practice room. Every hope was now meaningless. Because Khun knew tomorrow when the dating news of him and Tiffany came out, he himself has made WooYoung hate him, this time maybe forever. He didn’t know if telling Woo the truth worked or not. The blind hatred has separated both of them for too long. Maybe the younger would be so mad at him. He had left WooYoung and now he was stealing the girl Woo loved.

“Jang WooYoung, I’m sorry. I’m sorry for not denying this rumor. I’m hurting you again right? But I’m doing this for 2pm. And this dating scandal doesn’t mean I don’t love you. My love has never changed.”-he texted and hit the send button.

Khun wiped out his tears and searched his contacts for a number to call.

“Hello”-a familiar female voice answered.

“Tiffany, I need to talk with you.”

That night, everything has been perfectly set up. JYPE sent people to take pictures and sent back to Sports Seoul. Khun walked alone back to the dorm, not forget to thank Tiffany.

“Khun ah, are you okay?”-she called him back after seeing Khun’s depressed face.

“I’m okay…”-he answered quietly.

“Ah, did you tell WooYoung that all of this was set up? I don’t want him to misunderstand.”-she shyly said. This was not easy to tell, especially to a guy who was your ex-boyfriend.

“Of course. Don’t worry”-Khun put on a smile. “And Tiff,...”

“Huh?”

“Please accept WooYoung’s love...so that I won’t feel guilty with him…”- he said the last few words only to himself.

“I will. You go first.”

Khun’s room was dark without any lights . He locked the door and threw himself on bed. Dark. He was long used to it. Every 5 seconds, he would open his phone to check if WooYoung has replied his message. But what was NichKhun thinking? Provided that Woo knew it’s fake, the shorter still had Tiffany waiting for him. Khun faced the pillow, he wished he could die, sufficiated from WooYoung’s familiar scent still lingering on those sheets. Those nights with Woo around, every details, every words they said, every smiles, Khun still remembered clearly.

NichKhun sighed and stared at the ceiling. It seemed falling bit after bit, wanted to squeezed his body in this confined space. So did his life. He had no freedom, he didn’t have rights to decide on anything. Why did he have to keep this angel image? He is a human too, he has the rights to live and love the one he loves. Why does he have to take responsibilty for what other people had done and then eventually he is the one who is hurt and misunderstood? Khun hated this life. Since the day WooYoung left him, he only sings for money, not for passion anymore. He wanted to end this immediately. But once again, the choice was not his.

Khun kept thinking and rolling around. He couldn’t get any sleep. 4h 55, 4h56. 4h59. 50 seconds left….30 seconds left. His phone still showed no messages, especially from the one he expected the most, Jang WooYoung. 5am. Sport Seoul will release his dating scandal with Tiffany. The countdown clock is over and this must be the hottest news in weeks, maybe the hottest news of Sports Seoul this year. Two most popular members of the top idol groups date each other.

15 minutes later, Khun took all his courages to open the SNS. Thousands of hate comments. Millions of fans turned their back against him. Hundreds of people doubting if this is real or just a PR statergy. Again with all those words that made Khun’s heart broken.

“NichKhun again? Other members have worked so hard just for him to break them down right?”

“Liar! You said you love Hottest? Look, you’re dating with her all night and you said you love us??!”

“Bastard! You don’t deserve to love our Tiffany.”

NichKhun angrily threw the phone to the ground. A “bang” sounded and it turned off.

*~*~*

“Ah, hyung ah! Finally it’s done! I’m so tired!”-WooYoung yawned. He had stayed in the studio to 3am, exhausted and of course, sleepy. When the car arrived at his house, he walked out and went straight to his bed room. With his back lying down at the soft cushions, the smaller boy slept right away, didn’t even change his clothes. His phone died out out battery on the next counter. That’s why he was ignorant of NichKhun’s message, also didn’t aware that in 2 hours later, a disastrous scandal would break out.

“WooYoung! Wake up WooYoung!”-someone was knocking at his door, waking WooYoung up from his sleep.

Grumpy face from sleepiness, Woo glanced at the clock and found out that it was only 6 am. He didn’t have schedule today, who woke up him this early? WooYoung staggered to open the door and surprisedly found that JunHo was there.

“JunHo, what are you doing here at this houre?”-Woo grumpily said.

“Why didn’t you pick up your phone? I called you like a hundred times already.”-the other twin sounded more pissed. JunHo walked straight in, didn’t even wait for Woo to allow.

“What’s wrong?”-the other boy closed the door and followed behind.

“Of course there is something wrong! Big stuff! Watch this!”-JunHo angrily threw himself on the sofa in the middle of the guest room and turn on the TV.

Morning news: “BREAKING NEWS: 2pm’s NichKhun and Snsd’s Tiffany has been confirmed dating.”

Those were thunders to WooYoung’s ears. He startled and freaked out. He couldn’t believe his own ears.

“5am this morning, Sports Seoul has revealed dating proofs between Tiffany and NichKhun. Both SM and JYP Entertainment have confirmed this news. Both of them have been dating for 4 months. The companies hope that you will still keep supporting them.”

Pushhhh. Do not want to listen anymore, WooYoung turned off the television. He stood there frozen in front of JunHo.

“What does this all mean WooYoung? Why is everything coming so suddenly? We didn’t know NichKhun is dating. Moreover, it’s Tiffany, the one you’re after...He couldn’t have…”-JunHo was worried when seeing WooYoung’s shock face. He knew Woo would be hard to accept this news more than anyone else. Even JunHo himself was surprised, he wished the company had told them anything about this rumor, or at least tell them beforehand. Everything just flooded in like that.

“SHUT UP! I DON’T WANT TO LISTEN ANYMORE”-all of sudden, WooYoung screamed, making JunHo startled.

“Calm down, WooYoung. I think...I think there must be something more behind this scandal. Think again, the company should at least tell us first. And Khun-hyung also…”

“SHUT UP!”-Woo cut in. His face went red from anger, his fist clenched. But Junho wasn’t easy to be bullied.

“Calm down! What is wrong with you? Don’t you think I’m angry too? Has our reputation been ruined enough already?! But Khun hyung was suffering more than us. Just think about how many fans have left him.”-JunHo also stood up, holding Woo’s arms to sooth the other boy.

“Bull! He’s a bastard! Why should I care for him! Don’t ever mention his name in front of me. NEVER!”-feelings inside WooYoung was tangled and exploded. Only few hours ago, he was happy thinking about their future, hoping that NichKhun and him would start again. Now look, how ridiculous, so after all these times, NichKhun and Tiffany was dating behind his back. WooYoung hates being made fun of. He felt like a loser.

“WooYoung, is this because you love Tiffany?”-JunHo suddenly asked.- “I’m your best friend. And honestly I never thought you are serious with her like you were with Khun. What’s this all about WooYoung?”

“I DON’T WANT TO LISTEN ANYMORE!”-Woo pushed JunHo away. - “Whether I love her or not, he couldn’t! Tiffany is mine. He definitely knows that! So why does he have to date her? Clearly making fun of me! Clearly wanna make me piss off! Bastard!”

“I think there are reasons that make him do so. You know how much Khun -hyung loves you Woo.”-the eyesmile boy still tried to complain. When walking into this apartment, JunHo was no less angry than WooYoung, but now seeing the other boy raged, he felt the need to talk good for NichKhun.

“Get out!”-Woo clenched his teeth.

“What did you just say?”

“I SAID GET OUT OF HERE. I DON’T WANNA SEE YOUR FACE. I DON’T WANNA SEE ANYONE RIGHT NOW! LEAVE ME A LONE!”

“WooYoung, how dare you…”

Woo used all his force to push JunHo out of the door. “Go. Go back to the company and find your so-called reason. I don’t believe that that will accept his fault!”-then he shut the door and ran into the bathroom.

Standing under the cold water, Woo still couldn’t sooth his anger. Damn it. That the only words he could think right now. NichKhun dared to play with his feelings. And WooYoung almost fell for his trap. His decision 2 years ago was completely right. NichKhun would never love him. The older just used him like a toy , a puppy to control . WooYoung didn’t realize he was crying. He just suddenly felt a warm flood of water streaming down his cheeks, quickly washed away. He needs to be a strong man. He doesn’t love Tiffany but he wouldn’t allow his hear to fall for NichKhun once again.

Alcohol.

When a man feels lost and stuck, the first thing he comes to is alcohol. And Jang WooYoung isn’t an exception. He sat in the empty street eating place, make sure that no one recognize him. Shots after shots of alcohol. After breaking up with NichKhun, his alcohol tolerance has increased a lot. Because he always looks for alcohol to release his sadness and this seems like an efficient method. But not today. Today he has drunken a lot, a lot but still could not get rid of NichKhun’s image in his mind.

NichKhun smiles with him, NichKhun hugs him, the older holds his hands, and ruffles his hair. All those sweet gestures, are they all fake? Is Khun such a talented actor? And also the time the older called Woo’s name in his sleep. Or maybe Khun now he was there so he faked it. Everything collapsed in front of WooYoung’s eyes. The important thing is that he never once thinks about Tiffany.

“Right. I have never had feelings for her. Just to revenge Khun. And even that I could not do. How ridiculous.”-Woo smirked bitterly and took in another shot.

He reached his pocket and pulled out the cellphone. He had recharged it this morning but he still didn’t want to open it. WooYoung didn’t want to be disturbed. But he was a little confused. He had to call NichKhun. So let just power the phone first.

50 missed calls. 30 messages. Oh dear.

WooYoung guess they belonged to JunHo. But why so many? He still had not open the lists when his phone rang. It’s Tiffany…

“Hello?”-he said carefully, wonder why that girl still had the courage to call him. To say goodbye?

“WooYoung? I have something to say…”-she spoke shyly.

“What is it?”-Woo still answered plankly but Tiffany seemed unnoticed.

“Let’s date each other. I agree to your request. I think I can trust you now. Besides, it’s NichKhun’s wish. He wants me not to let you wait forever…”-Tiffany said quietly, finding excuses for her boldness.

WooYoung hung up immediately. What did he just hear? Why does Tiffany want to date with him? Isn’t she dating NichKhun? What’s this joke again… Or is he too drunk to hear clearly? Woo picked up the phone and tended to call NichKhun again. But one more time, it viberated before he could touch it.

“TaecYeon hyung is calling.”

“Hello”-Woo quickly answered. He was afraid something went wrong with 2pm.

What WooYoung heard in that phone call made he want to kill himself. He really misunderstood everything. Woo put the phone back in his pocket, put the money on the table and ran away as fast as he could . His eyes were teary and the blowing wind made them sore.

“NichKhun ah, please forgive me.”

A/N: Next chapter will be the last one! :)) I think you guys can all see where this story going to end right? =)) I will try to make an epilogue if I can (no promise) hehe! Comments and subscribe :)) Thank you!

Nga