Chapter 8

Always Keep The Faith

Everything became blurry since that day. NichKhun no longer wanted to know about things between WooYoung and Tiffany. He distanced himself from the younger, finding the way out himself. They became separated, too separated. Even outsiders have to question NichKhun and WooYoung’s relationship. The duo who were always together now rarely had even a hand touch. The fans wouldn’t stop whining, they eventually became tired and this of course affected this idol group.

Once again, NichKhun and WooYoung was called in JYP’s office. But everything wasn’t the same. No more supporting smiles or hands holding tight. The only thing left is dead silence.

“How are you two these days?”-Park JinYoung started the convo with usual greetings. But the two boys didn’t seem like answering.

“Thanks! I’m fine.”-they both said.

“Not from what I see.”-the big hyung said and lean his back on the chair- “I know after that not-that-little-issue in your relationship, you two have completely stopped talking right?”

Only silence answered. Khun and Woo kept their head low, staring at their palms, didn’t know how to answer such question.

“Have you forgot what I told u, you two are being too selfish”- JinYoung voice darkened, his eyes were sad.

“If you want the group to succeed, you have to unite, even if there is just a small hole, it will bring the whole group down. And now you see. Moreover, 2pm is an idol group, that means fanservice, I’ve told you right from the beginning. Now you two avoid each other, fan had almost given up you know?”

Hearing those words, they couldn’t help feeling their stomach growl. For such a long time, NichKhun and WooYoung finally agreed on something.

“Fanservice? Selfish? And now you’re saying it’s our faults?”-unlike the silent and shy WooYoung before, JYP was shock when seeing his gold boy changed dramatically-“Who demanded us not to show skinships in public or on show? Who forced us to attend many shows with girls to avoid public attention? Don’t you already get what you want now?”-he nearly screamed, Woo lost control. He really couldn’t hold back his anger. Thinking about all those things they’ve been through, all those days they had to separate and then all those fights and finally breaking up. The younger’s heart sting and filled with hatred for this stupid company. And now they are blaming him???

What WooYoung didn’t notice was Khun staring at him. For such a long time that the older heard Woo mentioned about their story. He thought it was just a past mistake to WooYoung. So the younger still got angry of what the company had did to them. Maybe Khun. still had chance, maybe WooYoung still had some feelings for him.

“Calm down Woo. I know the company did wrong things with you guys. But I call you here not to blame but to give you a new mission. Bring KhunYoung back.”-JYP was sure.

“What? Are you kidding?”-Khun was the one to speak up this time.

“Not at all, Khun.”-JinYoung turned to look at him with sympathized eyes. The CEO knew how hard Khun had been through that time because JinYoung hyung was the one beside him and helped him a lot. –“I know you two aren’t on good terms now but it’s time to push your personal stories aside. I need you to bring back the skinship. Or at least try to talk, interact in front of the camera, don’t act like strangers while you’re in the same group. And NichKhun, WooYoung”-the big hyung stopped and glanced at two boys- “When there is no longer love, you two can still be friend, don’t lose such beautiful feelings for each other.”

They bowed and left the room in silence. When the door closed behind, Khun took all his courage and wrapped his arms around WooYoung’s shoulder: “Let’s fighting together!” then he held his breathe, waiting for the younger’s answer. Still facing the ground, Woo said quietly “Yeah, fighting.” Then he walked ahead. Khun suddenly smiled , a real smile only WooYoung can bring him. Everything will be alright. Although he was no longer Woo’s lover, at least he would try to be a good brother. A brother who always take care and protect WooYoung. A brother and a friend who always had this love for WooYoung.

And about the shorter boy, he walked faster downstair and leaned his back on the wall to catch his breathe. His heart beated loud like drums. It’s been a long time since Khun touched him like this. The big and warm hands, one slight touch full with sweetness and love. That is exactly NichKhun. They one he loved and maybe still does. He is the only one who can make WooYoung heart flustered just from one touch or even a smile. He knew for sure he still had some feelings for the older, actually a lot, but they were hiddened deep in this heart, taken over by hatred and anger. Times like this, when Khun was near, that strong love Woo had for him rose fiercely, it made him choke while trying to keep it inside, it made him run away so fast cause Woo knew he would be hugging Khun so tight right at that moment. And the younger knew, when the time came, there will be times when he ran away from himself like this. “WooYoung ah, you need to hurt him, you cannot let him be please easily after hurting you like that. You are no longer the weak and vulnerable WooYoung. Yes. I’ve changed.”-he clenched his fist tight, closed his eyes and tried to sue away his thoughts of Khun. Although, just temporarily. The matter is just time before they got back to each other.

*~*~*

The moments are back. KhunYoung skinship is back. Fans get to see those back hugs, those loving eyes and smiles for each other. Those sweet supporting words along with hinted messages. Closeness is unavoidable. If before they turned from friends to lovers then right now, the past just kept coming back. Without notice, NichKhun still poured his heart out in what he did with WooYoung. He loved to hug the younger again in his arms, to hold Woo’s hand tight when they bowed to the audience. His eyes couldn’t get rid of those love and sweetnees, they were not fake, not forced but pure. Those look cannot give to anyone, only WooYoung, Khun’s love is only for Woo.

“WooYoung!”-Khun tried to called the shorter after their interview.

“What’s up?”-Woo pretended to be cold like usual. But inside, his heart was pounding heard when Khun stood so close like this. They were only inches apart when the older said into his ears.

“Are you free tomorrow? I found a place to learn drawing , just a few hours. I see you had interest in art these days, want to join me? Just two of us? Skip work for once?”

He widened his eyes to look at the old boys. All the walls WooYoung had put up slowly got over by Khun. He was back as the old him, a confident and active one. WooYoung wondered why Khun knew he had interest in art? He just posted those on Instagram and the older had never noticed? Or had he?

“Uhm…Yeah…”-Woo hestitated. Well, there is no loss, just a drawing lesson. But he still couldn’t hold back his excitement.

“Great! Deal! See you later okay?”-the older walked away, not forget to send him a signature angelic smile. WooYoung trembled, Khun’s warm breath was still here on his ears. Tomorrow, he would have a date with Khun. A healing date.

*~*~*

“Hey! Khunnie, stop it!! Haha!”

People will not believe what was happening. Our two boys were in their drawing class together with their teacher and surprisingly, Khun and Woo are playing naturally, like nothing had happened, just like old times.

“Haha! It really looks good on your face!”-the older teased and put another color on those puffy cheeks when Woo unnoticed.

“You too Khunnie!”-Woo’s payback. The milky white skin of Khun was full of different colors also. It was more a playtime than learning time. But true that it brought them closer.

Tired, they stopped to rest. They used water to clean away the paint on their face. The teacher said that this little game will help they get inspire for painting. That’s what he suggested when seeing those awkward faces of NichKhun and WooYoung from the beginning.

“You still have some paints here.”-Khun wiped away the paint at the corner of Woo’s mouth. He held the younger’s face between his hands and moved closer. Right, Khun was trying so hard, in every ways to win WooYoung’s heart back. He wanted to show that he still loves the younger a lot.

“Uhm. Thank you”-Woo replied shyly. His face reddened. He actually forgot that he was angry with Khun. The word “Khunnie” just naturally blurted out from his mouth and right that moment, he wanted to press his lips on those y ones. He still remembered that feelings, he wanted Khun to be with him again. But no, WooYoung’s ego is still too big. Those hatred and pain that Khun caused still not yet faded away. He could open the door for Khun to be his friend, but not his lover. WooYoung wasn’t ready to be hurt again.

*~*~

They held another concert in Japan today. Everytime going abroad, they got in the same room. Same old tradition. NichKhun was exhausted and he fell asleep. Few moments ago, when Woo seemed annoyed, the older said he would come to TaecYeon and ChanSung’s room instead. But they had to film some clips in their room and the moment the camera turned off, Khun was soundly sleeping. WooYoung shook his head and let the older stay. He must be really tired.

That angelic face kept snuggle in his thighs. Woo felt tickles but touched at the same time. He caressed those black orbs and put Khun’s head on the pillow. On a closer look like this, he watched Khun carefully. His NichKhun has became so skinny, not that past baby face. He must have been through much hardship. And the thing WooYoung regretted the most till now that he hadn’t been with Khun throughout those times. But that just a flash of thought when he remembered that night the accident happened was the night he knew the truth about NichKhun and Tiffany.

He turned away and stared at the laptop. Suddenly he heard whispers:

“WooYoung….WooYoung ah…”-Khun dreamt his names, Woo looked back and see the older’s painful face. His mouth kept calling Woo’s name. The shorter’s heart clenched.

So Khun still thinks about him all those times? So he truly loves him? Looking at Khun in such pain like this, WooYoung felt bad.

“I’m here..I’m here Khunnie.”-he let the older hold his hand tightly. Although sleeping , Khun still hung on to that hand very tight. Like he wanted to say that he needs WooYoung, he really misses WooYoung. Woo took a deep breath and leaned in to chaste a kiss on Khun’s lips. A slight kiss was more than enough to put the Thai prince into soundness again. Woo wanted to cry. Had he been so curel? For how long had Khunnie suffered like this…

“Tit…tit…”-his phone rang. WooYoung quickly opened the message as not to wake Khun up.

“What are you doing? Finish performing?”-it’s Tiffany.

“Yeah. I’m really tired! And you?”-his hands replied mechanically. But Tiffany’s message brought him back to reality. Yes. That past of NichKhun and Tiffany. What he hid from WooYoung, those undeniable jealousy. Yes. Khun loved Tiffany, not him. And Woo had to steal Tiffany away. He couldn’t forget that mission. Tiffany still didn’t accept to be his girlfriend. Woo didn’t know why she hesitated because he was being so obvious.

“I’m tired too. Tell me about your day! We haven’t talked for a while”-Tiffany.

WooYoung glanced at the tall boy next to him. Khun has sleep so peacefully, not aware that Woo’s mind is messing up. “I’m sorry Khun. What you did, I still cannot forget.” Then he tried not to look back again. The typing sounds remained all nights. Everything was back to beginning. Just a new start…

_____________________

A/N: Sorry for late update, I just got back from travelling. Hope you enjoy this chap. And for those comments about Woofany instead of Khunfany, you will see Khunfany soon and you will know why :)) Exicting right? This story will end in a few chaps. And for those who read my Legend of the Rain, please wait patiently, I'm pouring my heart out for the last chap. Comments and Subsribe! Thank you so much!