Chapter 5

Always Keep The Faith

WooYoung sat down opposite with her. He had asked to leave first in the company’s party to meet her. Today, Tiffany was beautiful, cute, but actually Woo felt nothing. All he did now just because he was forced. But he gradually realized that she is a funny cute girl, very suitable for Woo to …make friends.

“Hello”-WooYoung smiled and greeted her but his mind still wandered to what happened last week. He was still angry when Khun didn’t believe him. They had dated for years, he was pretty sure he understands the older quite well but why Khun didn’t understand him? He should have known that Woo would love no one beside him. It’s really unexplicable. Never before had the older show his jealousy when Woo went out with other girls. How come he only be annoyed with Tiffany? Something was fishy here and WooYoung ain’t gonna make up until Khun told him the true reason behind this.

Tiffany sat in front of him, she laughed and talked, flipped her hair, blinked, did all stuff to draw his attention. WooYoung just smiled in return, sometimes let out some random jokes to play along with hers. His phone rang. Woo opened the new message, his heart almost stopped beating.

“Khun hyung is in trouble. Traffic accident. Come to the company. ASAP. – Lee Nuneo”

Woo was so shocked that he dropped his phone. He trembled seriously. Acc…accident? No, it couldn’t be. This couldn’t be true, his NichKhun would be alright, maybe it was just a small scratch. Tiffany bowed to pick up his phone. Looking at his pale face, she seemed worried.

“What’s wrong?”

“I…I gotta get back to the company now..Sorry..”-Woo quickly stood up, was about to walk away when his wrist got hold back.

“What’s this rush? You just came…”-Tiffany looked very confused.

“Khun hyung was caught in an accident. I have to go now.”-his voice shivered but full of certainty.

“NichKhun?? Is he okay? Lemme go with you?”-Tiffany’s face turned gray. WooYoung opened his eyes wide. Did those two know each other?

“You…you know him..? I thought you two just talked a few times..”

“Few times??”-it was her turn to be surprised. – “I thought you guys were close. He didn’t tell you? NichKhun and I used to date each other. It was a long time ago. Even before we  debuted. But now he got into trouble, I’m also worried…”-her voice got smaller.

Once again, WooYoung froze. Date….dating….? His arms fell, his eyes turned from haze to anger, he clenched his fist tight, storming out the coffee shop, ignored Tiffany who was calling him behind.

*~*~*~*~

NichKhun just can’t sit still. He got up , walked around the room and sat down again. The usual angelic face suddenly became tired and depressed. He just got back from the police station. The company had called him here immediately.

“It’s okay khun..It’s just a small mistake. .. Everything will be okay..”-TaecYeon patted on his shoulder. He knew the big friend just wanted to sooth him. This isn’t a small mistake. He had hit a person, injured them. He was driving under alcohol influence. He was an idol, his band was about to comeback, what had he done…?

All 2pm members were here. TaecYeon and JunSu sat next to him, their hands on his shoulder to comfort him. Maknae ChanSung had gone to buy some water for them cause it looked like they had to stay here all ight. JYP hyung and the council was discussing about Khun’s issue. He was worried as hell. Would his career end like this? He would return to be the group’s burden, the burdern of the ones he loved most. His eyes dropped on JunHo, who was sitting at the opposite seat. The boy was a competitive , ambitious person. What Khun did had major affected him, 2pm so Khun didn’t blame the younger for being angry with him. Just the fact that JunHo held himself back from raging and yelling at him was already a miracle.

WooYoung hasn’t arrived. Khun’s heart dropped when he thought about the younger boy. His feelings were mixed. He wanted to see the younger, want to be hugged by Woo, cry in his arms, had him comfort and tell Khun that everything was gonna be alright. At the same time, he didn’t want to meet WooYoung right now. When he was failing miserably, being stupid and pathetic. He didn’t dare to face his love when he has let WooYoung down.

He heard footsteps on the stairs. A black t-shirt dressed on a small body, WooYoung appeared in front of him. He came closer, his face showed no emotion. When seeing Khun, the younger’s face was even harder to read. It mixed with some worry, his arms and legs couldn’t stay still, like they were eager to hug Khun. But then Woo’s eyes were angry, full of hatred and anger.

“What had he done this time?”-WooYoung’s voice was freaking cold. He turned away to aske JunHo without looking at Khun.

Even JunHo was surprised when Woo asked him but not the one who was standing right there. “Uhmmm”-JunHo hestitated- “He hit a person and caused injury when he was driving. The level of alcohol in his body passed the legally allowed level…”

Khun watched WooYoung froze for a few minutes. He was too stunned, too shocked. Yes, beside JunHo, Khun knew the younger was one of those who put his work on top. Singing was WooYoung’s life dream and if this time Khun destroyed it, he wouldn’t forgive the older though he was his lover.

Before Woo opened his mouth to say anything, JYP walked out from the other room. All 6 of 2pm were here. Everyone was holding their breath to wait for the CEO’s words.

“It will be alright. Khun will stay. 2pm will continue.”

All of them sighed in relief. TaecYeon and JunSu hugged Khun tightly , through their shoulders, he saw the two maknaes smiling with him. WooYoung seemed more relaxed but his eyes still looked at Khun annoyed, very different from usual. Even though when he was mad at Khun, Woo had never looked at him with that sharp stare. It was like cutting through Khun’s heart.

“But you guys have to comeback without Khun. Or you can choose to delay the comeback.”-JYP continued.

“Of course we will delay it, right guys? 2pm can’t work without anyone.”-JunSu powerfully said. Taec nodded, ChanSung agreed, even JunHo, after hestitating , gave Khun an eyesmile and nodded.

“How about you WooYoung?”-Taec asked.

“Everyone has agreed. My words aren’t a matter now right?”-Woo replied blankly. But only Khun noticed his indifferent tone.

“Deal. Now get back to your dorm and rest. You boys must have had a bad day. And Khun”-the big hyung called him – “It has happened already. So don’t blame yourself too much. Everything will be alright. People will forget about this scandal quickly.”

NichKhun turned away and walked in the car which was waiting. WooYoung sat in the fron row, didn’t even throw a glare at him. Was the younger that angry at him? All the way home, Khun kept staring at Woo, trying to guess what his lover was thinking.

They got out of the car, all other members ran to their rooms. All of them were tired after a long day. Khun was too. Now he didn’t have the mood to soothing WooYoung. He felt so embarrassed, so disappointed with himself…

“NichKhun hyung”-Woo’s voice called him loud and clear. Khun turned back, walked closer to the other. His heart was beating fast, he didn’t know what to do, what to say, In the lim light, where the only light was from the refrigerator, he couldn’t tell what WooYoung was thinking.

“What is going on in your mind huh?”-after all the silence, Woo spoke. “Did you know you have badly affected us all? DELAY COMEBACK? SCANDAL?? Do you think it is that simple? This will haunt you till you die! What are you thinking? Driving under alcohol influence??!!”-WooYoung nearly screamed, sometimes his voice stuck like he was crying.

Khun felt his face wet. Since when was he crying. WooYoung was right. He deserved to be yelled at like that. He wouldn’t complain. He knew he was wrong. He came closer, opened his arms to hug the younger tightly. He heard Woo sobbed.

“Times like this, you don’t need me right? You must have been busy thinking about Tiffany right?”-WooYoung used both of his hands to push Khun away. He stepped back, look at the older with disgust.

“What..what are you saying Woo?”-Khun blabbered, he was confused. What was going on? Tiffanny??? What made he think like that?

“Hillarious! You try to pretend until now?”-the younger smirked. “Do you know that I was totally freaked out when I heard you’re in trouble? And when I ran there, you were still fine and you were the one who caused trouble for the group.”-WooYoung yelled but than his voice toned down..”She said you two used to date. So that is the reason you won’t let me meet Tiffany right? Because you have broken up with her but still love her right? So many years you were with me was all a lie right…?”-tears streamed down on the puffy cheeks. Woo turned away, refused to show his weak side. “Let’s break up NichKhun.”

Khun felt like he had died from that moment. The words were like thoundsands of swords stabbed in his heart. Why…why could Woo leave Khun when he needed  the younger the most…

“Hold on, WooYoung, you misunderstood…What between Tiffany and I was the past. The one I love is you..”-he ran to catch Woo’s wrist . But the younger pushed him away, snatched his hands back. He looked at Khun coldly one last time.

“But I don’t love you anymore NichKhun. You didn’t tell me the truth after all those times. I don’t believe you have no feelings left for her. But too late, cause she is mine now. I love Tiffany, not you.”

Then WooYoung left. He walked away without looking back. NichKhun let himself fall on the chair, his hands held his head. In one night, he had lost it all. Lost the image that he tried to build for a long time, lost the person he loved the most. He didn’t have the courage to beg WooYoung to come back. The younger was right. Khun was wrong when hiding his past relationship with Tiffany. But he didn’t want Woo to go with her because he was afraid to lose Woo, not because he still had feelings with her. Right. It was too late now. Khun had lost WooYoung for real. Why did the younger have to love him, a fool who caused a lot of troubles, when he could love Tiffany, such a perfect girl?

NichKhun didn’t know how long he had cried to sleep, but when woke up, he found himself alone in the dorm. Everyone has gone to run their schedules without Khun. It had been years since he felt alone and empty like this. And Khun knew this will be his only feelings throughout the upcoming years without WooYoung beside him. 

A/N: As you can see, i didn't mention much abt Khun's accident...It is just too hurtful to think back those times...I will try to add some more details in the upcoming chapters..Thoughts? Thanks for ur comments!