Chapter 7

Always Keep The Faith

Part 2: PRESENT

Everything seems to get back to normal. But the fans as well as those creepy antis who always check out 2pm’s faults out there can’t see through that cover. A perfect cover of a successful and famous group. Inside, there is a crack, a crack that can’t seem to be mended. NichKhun has no chance to talk with WooYoung since that night. After hiatus days, Khun was back with all the cricticism and judges but he endures all of them. Everyday he locks himself in the dorm when other members have no idea what he is doing behind those walls. They are worried when they heard loud thumps at the wall usually. There is only one that isn’t worried. WooYoung. Cause he is busy hanging out with Tiffany.

The days after, Khun has opened up more. He is back to drown himself in work to forget the past mistake. But coming back with 2pm means facing WooYoung, facing those cold eyes. Nothing but a plain “hi”, the younger even avoids sitting or standing next to him when filming. That is why every night, in the small room, pain and longing crucifies his soul. But bigger than them all is his love for WooYoung that has never ended. That love makes Khun look like a loser, always run after something that has no longer belonged to him. The image of WooYoung smiling still haunts him every night, when he brings all those past memories into sleeps, sobs and lights of the room remain for the rest of the night. Everyone know Khun is still awake and upset but they don’t know how to make the Thai prince happy again. Only one person can, but that one is still busy texting without paying attention to anything else.

That scandal has affected 2pm a lot. Pausing promotion in Korea for 2 years causes them even more troubles. Now they have to try their best to gain back their names like the first days, but at the same time doing solo activities. So Khun’s time with the younger lessens and lessens. His WooYoung is now still happy and hangs out with other members but not with Khun. Sometimes he just wishes Woo treats him like a “hyung”. He doesn’t have to love Khun, just please talks happily with him. That is also a big dream. Not even in twitter that WooYoung mentions the older. Lots of fans who call themselves KhunYoung shippers eventually left. But those who stay tweet him everyday with sadness. If only they know he is no less sad as they are.

Today, they have a photoshoot for 2pm calendar. They have to shoot in pairs. TaecYeon and ChanSung, JunSu- or MinJun now- and JunHo, and finally NichKhun and WooYoun. Khun notices the annoying eyes of Woo when he has to pair with him. But it’s for the job so they cannot complain. Sitting on the waiting chair, Khun glances to the younger. His boy is still the same, that same cuteness and y at the same time. Woo’s hair has grown longer, that face is skinnier but those chubby cheeks are still there. But WooYoung’s eyes are sad, not content and happy like before. His smile is no longer innocent and pure but seems forced. Everything has changed. Khun sighs and focuses on the script for the upcoming drama.

When he turns away, it is WooYoung’s turn to look at him. He looks at the older staring at the script in his hands. Khun’s face seems pale, those beautiful eyes are upset and full of regret. For a moment, that guilty feelings crepts up in WooYoung. Just for a moment, he finds himself so cruel for treating cold to the older. But just for a moment, that angry looks are back and he turns away. The pain Khun caused him is still here, still buries deep in his heart and can never be healed. Everytime seeing NichKhun’s face, Woo is torn between love and hate. That is why he tries to avoid the taller, treats him as a ghost in his life.

“NichKhun, WooYoung. It’s your turn.”-the photographer calls and they immediately get out.

Their eyes meet for one second and Woo turns away again. Both sit on the chairs, their face automatically put on a smile, shoulders are close to shoot.

“Good, good! WooYoung, put your arms over NichKhun’s shoulder. And sit closer you two.”-the photographer guides.

Woo hesitates but he still flings his arms over the older, that feeling comes back. Khun hears his heart beating like crazy. It has been a long time since the younger touches him like this. He looks over Woo but the later doesn’t seem to notice. The photoshoot goes on. Their sunshine smiles are all everyone see but not those twirling thoughts inside their minds.

“Okay, we’re done now! You guys did well”-shouts and claps come along , celebrating a successful long shoot.

WooYoung immediately snaps Khun’s hands on his thigh away. He stands right up. Khun follows Woo’s step with regret. Suddenly, too confused and panic, Woo trips on the chair in the middle of the studio. He closes his eyes, ready to hit the ground when a pair of arms wrap around his waist and catch him. Khun helps him stand up, standing very close to the taller, his hands still put around Woo’s waist. Time nearly stops at that moment. Khun holds his breathe. He is so scared that if he moves, he will wake up and this is just a dream, Woo is so close to him like this.

“Let me go”-the younger said coldly.

“I’m sorry”-Khun immediately lets go. They both step back. The wide distance between them is back- “Are you okay?”

“Don’t care about me. Who told you to catch me? You would like to let me hurt more right? Fron now on please stop pretending like you care about me. I don’t need your sympathy.”-the shorter shouts and walks straight to the car. Khun is left behind with lots of thoughts. The sweet voice in the past now sounds so cold. Every sentences, every words don’t sound like WooYoung that he used to love. All he wants right now is to hurt Khun. And Woo had succeeded.

The older walks in the car but only 4 members are there, WooYoung is nowhere to be found.

“Where’s WooYoung?”-Khun asked.

“Khun, come here, we need to talk”-MinJun said.

“Lately, I’ve been talking with WooYoung”-MinJun said and that makes Khun can’t help feeling jealous but he decides to ignore that.

“So..?”

“He’s falling for Tiffany, Khun, seems like WooYoung loves her so much. He keeps chasing after Tiffany but she still hasn’t agreed to be his girlfriend. But Woo is so close to win her heart.”-the oldest guy stops a little to watch Khun’ s reaction- “I know your story with Woo still has a lot of misunderstanding, but do you still hold on to Woo , Khun ah? Let him move on….”

“I…I can’t…”-Khun chokes. He doesn’t want to cry like this, in front of his friends. “ I won’t hold him back if he wants to move on with Tiffany, but I can never stop loving WooYoung, MinJun ah.”

And the car ran past JYP company. “Stop the car”-Khun shouted- “See you guys later at the dorm.I ..uhm…have something to work on.”. Off he runs, ignores the calls from 2pm after. NichKhun runs to the practice room, he locks the door and turns on all the lights. Looking at his reflection in the mirror, Khun feels pathetic. He is now a loser. His name has been flawed with such a big mistake that he can never erase. Even the boy he loves now hates him, leaves him behind and moves on with another girl, no one else than his ex-girlfriend. Everything is Khun’s fault. He had make lots of mistakes. He was the one who pushed WooYoung away. He turns on the music and moves himself with the flow.

The old groove of the past. Those carefree day when they were trainees. Carefree without knowing how challenging their career is, those risks which are waiting for them ahead, destroy them whenever they fall. Those fragile relationship. Khun blends himself in the music, he dances without thinking, dances till his body drowns out. How lonely is his image in the mirror! The happiness people see is all fake. Because Khun’s life will never be complete without WooYoung.

Khun lies down on the floor, his tears flows backward. Right at this place, in this small practice room, his love story with WooYoung started. Maybe right at this place, it will end. The younger’s promise still plays in his mind.

“WooYoung ah, you had promised to stay beside me always…..”-Khun sobs. Everything isn’t the same.

*~*~*~

“Come in! Have you booked first sir?”-the waitress smiles at Khun.

“My friend is here already.”-he replied.

“Yes, please come in.”

“Hi Tiffany”-Khun bowed.

“Oh, Khun, you have come”-she smiles.

“Why do want to meet me?”-Khun asked and ordered. Few days ago, Tiffany texted and said she wanted to meet him. He didn’t need to be a fortune teller to know what she was about to say. Must be about WooYoung. Khun doesn’t know what to do. To smile or to cry? Cause he knows Tiffany is a good girl , WooYoung will be happy next to her. But Khun’s happiness is with the younger…

“I want to know what is your relationship with WooYoung?”-she asked.

“What do you mean?”-Khun startled. She knows??

“WooYoung always finds it annoying whenever I mentions your name and our past relationship. He said that you and him had a big fight because of me…”-she babbled- “WooYoung has showed me his love. And I want to know if you will be okay if we are a pair…it won’t affect you guys friendship right?”

Khun scrolls his eyes. He knows right away that Tiffany has misunderstood. But he can’t tell her the truth. Too risky. She must have thought Khun still has feelings for her. How ironic. Of course he won’t be alright if Tiffany and WooYoung date. “But I am not sad for losing you Tiffany, I’m sad because I have lost WooYoung to you…”-Khun thought in his mind. His breathe is shallow. He gulps, takes all his courage and said: “I wish the best for you two….”

____________________________________

A/N: Kinda late but here's my update! We've have been to the 2nd half of this story from now! ^_^ Please leave a comment and let me know what you think :))