Chapter 1

Always Keep The Faith

I know other author wrote about Khun's dating right away. But I'm gonna go a different way. Since this ain't gonna be a fic in just 3-4 chap, longer of course. So i like to take it slow first, their past ^^ And the dating rumor in later chaps ~ 

Part 1

A LOOK AT THE PAST

Seoul, October 2006

He stepped out of the airport, took a look at Incheon airport. Here he was. Korea. Dream land of every singer’s dream. NichKhun dragged his bag to a sideroad. He waved up his hand to catch a taxi.

“Where to?”-the taxi driver asked in English, he must have realized Khun isn’t Korean.

“This address please.”-Khun gave him a businesscard with blue letters printed on it.

“JYP company?”-the taxi driver said with a laugh. “Some naïve guy got fooled again. Haiz, maybe I’ll take you to the airport back to America soon boy.”- He said the later sentence in Korean with a deep sigh.

The foreigner boy glanced at the old man weirdly but he didn’t care much really. Khun remembered the agent of the company kept persuading him to come to Korea for training. He did make it clear that he had no talent, dance nor sing. Maybe his look is the thing that made him stand out. They said it’s a goose dream if you want to be a singer. It’s hard and that’s why it’s challenging. After many sleepless night together with his grandma’s support, Khun booked a airplane ticket, packed his back and ready to go.

“It’s here.”-the taxi driver stopped at a building with a big JYP sign on it. On the side of it is a huge picture of Bi Rain, worldwide famous singer. Someday Khun, someday you’ll be like him. You can do it. He encouraged himself and walked inside.

2 months later,

“Five six seven eight and one, two…”- the dance teacher clapped his hand in rhythm, walking around the room to check every trainee. A room with around ten people, grumpy faces as they tried to perform an identical dance with the dance they has seen not long before and not to make ANY mistakes.

“NichKhun, you missed a step.”-the teacher yelled. Other trainees turned their look at him. They bursted out laughing, and pointing their fingers teasing him. Some are just so mean that they kept talking in Korean out loud while laughing, clearly mocking Khun but they knew he wouldn’t understand. Khun just kept his head low and walked out of the practice room.

Streets in Seoul are different from California. Small and sloping. You had to be careful when turning around the corner because it is always crowded with cars and people. Tonight is the same, Khun sat at the table of a grocery’s store, drowning himself in the cold breeze. Khun let out a sigh. He’s been in Korea 2 months already. 2 months is a long time but he hadn’t got used to how people live here. Khun tried his best to learn the language. But he still had to catch up with dance lesson, vocal lesson, rap lesson, modeling lesson and a lot more. It was hard to compete with a bunch of talented people with their damn hot desire to become famous. Not to mention all the hates he got cause he’s not Korean. Some even spread rumor that he slept with some managers to get into the company cause basically he had no talent . Khun let out another sigh. He missed his family, he missed his old life when he didn’t have to care about so many things like this. But Khun isn’t a guy who gives up easily. He took this chance cause he wants to challenge himself and this was definitely not the end of his journey.

Khun stood up, walked back to the shop to pay for some water. He opened the door when a girl rushed out and bumped herself into him.

“I’m sorry.”-he said in English, he still had that habit, not using Korea when he wasn’t asked to.

The girl looked up, her eyes popped wide open: “You’re not Korean?”-she also said in English.

Unknowingly, a smiled was drawn on Khun’s face. They spent the rest of the afternoon talking together. It was a long time since he got to talk in English freely like this. And how coincidence, she was a trainee in other entertainment company too, and she had lived in the US just like Khun.

“Keep in touch ok?”-Tiffany gave him an eyesmile and walked away.

He waved his hand till she was out of sigh. Khun looked at his phone which Tiffany had left her phone number. You’ll get his feeling when you’re in a completely strange place and you find someone who talk in the same language with you, share with you a lot of common.

When Khun was back, all the light in the dorm was turned out. Eveyone had gone to sleep. He silently walked in his room, ready to throw himself on one of the shared bed in the room when a hand coverd  his mouth. Khun nearly screamed but he realized the one behind was someone familiar. The other boy walked him out of the room and into the kitchen. Khun the light. Now that everything has come into light, he took a good look at the other boy. He knew this guy, it was one of the guys from the dance lesson this afternoon who laughed at Khun. Khun threw him a glance . He was about to ignore the boy and walked away but he heard some mumbling.

“I’m…I’m sorry.”

He turned back. The puffy cheeks boy still lowered his head, not looking straight at Khun.

“I’m sorry por lauping at u. I dun mean it. I’m sorry.”-beside the “I’m sorry” word, he pronounced the sentence all wrong. But it was so hilarious that Khun couldn’t hold his smile.

“Gwenchana.”-Khun said . In Korean it’s mean “It’s okay.”

“You know Korean?”

“Yes. A little. But I just don’t like to talk in Korean much.”-Khun walked closer to the young boy and ruffled his hair. “Thank you for apologizing to me.”

“I got Taec-hyung to teach me this.”-the boy shyly said.

He was so cute that Khun couldn’t be mad at him for what he had done really. Khun raised his hand out and said: “Don’t worry about it! I’m NichKhun. What’s your name boy?”

“I’m..WooYoung.”-he uttered some words in English. The accent didn’t fail to make Khun smile again.

“Nice to meet you Udong!”-Khun caught the younger’s hand and collapsed their hands together.

Until now he saw the other’s smile. “It’s Uyeong, not Udong!”

“Oh really? Udong sounds much cuter!”-Khun smiled. Again.

Woo just shook his head and accept the nickname Khun gave him. “Want to practice more about dancing? I can help you out!”-Woo offered.

“Really?”-never before had Khun been asked to be helped like this.

“Yup! I’m not the best but I can still help you out with some move.”-WooYoung said happily.

“Okay, so when can we practice?”

“How about now?”-Woo suggested.

“NOW?”-Khun blurted out a little too loud. “But I thought the practice room is locked during the night?”

“Not if you know how to get in”-Woo smiled and led Khun out of the dorm. The night hadn’t ended till 5am. Well, it couldn’t be night anymore. Two boys walked in the dorm, sweaty, tired, arms and arms wrapped around each other. Things had finally gone the way Khun wanted to be. Everything would be okay.

Sorry for some typo, and grammar mistakes. And I know this chap is kinda short, I'm in my exam week so i'll try to update longer after this week , it will be added another part soon! Comment and subscribe, thank you so much ^^ <3