eight

Unexpected Marriage [~]

Suho went back to his home as he made his way to his room. But then, Yejin blocked his way, crossing her arms with the glare that she made for her step-brother. Suho stopped and let out a heavy sigh.

 

"What again?" He asked, not in the mood to talk with her.

 

"Is this how you're treating me? How could you attend the wedding ceremony when the fact I should be the one getting married with him?" Yejin spat. Suho wasn't showing any expressions at all; acting as if he was sad for her situation.

 

"Move on, Han Yejin. He's married with someone else. And he loves her."

 

"No! He's not! And they're married for no reason!"

 

"They're not. They're married because they love each other. I know Hyejoo very well. She's a good girl and I'm pretty sure they're married because they love each other." Suho explained, caused Yejin to gasp.

 

"What? You know her?! Oppa, I'm your sister! You should feel bad because of this! I'm the one who should be wearing that wedding dress! Not her!"

 

Yejin bit her bottom lip, holding her anger from exploding too much in the house. By then, Mrs. Han came, looking worried to see her children were fighting at the upstairs.

 

"Kim Joon Myeon. Han Yejin. What's happening between both of you?" She asked, sternly. Yejin looked at her mother before she glanced back at Suho, "Ask him, mom. He just never know how to feel bad over his own sister."

 

Mrs. Han looked at her son with a sigh, crossing her arms, "Joon Myeon-ah, did you attend their wedding ceremony?"

 

"Mom"

 

"You know exactly how Kris cancelled all of the preparations and get married with someone else. Do you even know how does Yejin feel right now? Being betrayed by someone"

 

"Mom, enough. She's not being betrayed. And Kris did tell her earlier and even many times before, that he never likes her." Suho said, being serious with his words. Yejin gasped over his words and her face changed upon hearing it.

 

Mrs. Han took a few steps closer and glared at her son, "But he knows how much Yejin loves him and he shouldn't do such of thing to her!"

 

Suho chuckled, "You can't force him to love her. He has his own life, his own choice to decide what's the best for himself. Think about it. I'm tired."

 

Suho turned and was about to walk before he stopped and took a glance at Yejin who was still grasping her hands, holding her anger. "And another thing, keep that in your mind that you're just my step-sister." Suho said and left Yejin with Mrs. Han, became speechless with the words that came out from his mouth.

 

Yejin bit her bottom lip, hardly.

 

---

 

You woke up that morning and felt cramps on your body for sleeping on the couch. You sat up on the couch, massaging your body before your eyes landed on Kris' figure who was sleeping peacefully on the bed while snoring. You rolled your eyes and threw your blankets on the floor.

 

"Idiot. Letting a woman to sleep on the couch? Tsk. He can dig a hole and bury himself in there." You mumbled.

 

You stood up and grabbed a towel; heading to the bathroom to take a bath and getting ready to leave the room since both of you needed to check out soon. You didn't want to stay any longer with him, thinking that he might do anything bad on you.

 

You brushed your teeth while looking at your reflection in the mirror.

 

"Hyejoo-ah, you should be a good wife towards your husband from now on."

 

"Umma…" You looked at your mother, not forming a smile.

 

"Don't you ever hurt my son-in-law." She joked.

 

"Umma, how can you talk like that to your own daughter?"

 

"Aigoo, I'm just kidding. Besides, I know you won't do such of things to him, right? He's the suitable guy for you. I know he can take a good care of you very well when I'm no longer"

 

"Stop saying about it. You'll always be here with me." You cut off her words before pulling her into a hug, "I love you, umma. Don't worry. I won't make you feel sad."

 

"You know, you should have your own kids as soon as possible. I can't wait to see my grandchildren."

 

"Umma!"

 

You tsk-ed to remember the conversation that you had with your mom after the wedding ceremony.

 

"Kids? Like seriously? Oh my God, why does she need to talk about that?" You sighed heavily, staring at yourself in the mirror. "You chose the wrong choice, Han Hyejoo. Marrying a jerk and now you have to bear with him for three months. This is crazy."

 

"Who's being crazy?" A voice interrupted as he leaned his body at the door frame, caused you to get shocked with his appearance. Your eyes were wide-opened, glaring at him.

 

"Yah! You shouldn't open the door when there's someone using the bathroom!" You yelled. Kris chuckled, scratching his head. "I don't think you put it in our rules. So, I can open the door whenever I want, even though you're using it."

 

You rolled your eyes, "I don’t care. You better stop doing it from now on or you'll be a dead meat."

 

Kris stepped inside the bathroom, picking his toothbrush and held it out to your face. "Do it."

 

"What?" You frowned.

 

"Stop talking much and put the toothpaste on it, dimwit."

 

"What?" You looked at him, not believing with his words and the way he acted on that moment. "You have your own hands, you can do it by yourself. I need to get ready" You were about to leave the bathroom before Kris grabbed your wrist, stopping your from leaving.

 

"This is one in our rules. Did you forget about it? The wife needs to do everything for her husband." Kris highlighted the words for you. You pulled your hand back and stared at his face, "So?"

 

"Are you trying to against me now, Han Hyejoo? Or should I tell your mom that we're"

 

"Give it to me." You snatched the toothbrush from his hand and put the toothpaste on it. Too much that it fell off from the toothbrush. You were too mad with him that made you to act in that way. Kris observed the way you acted, making him to smirk.

 

"You're not going to waste the toothpaste, right?" He asked when you're putting it again to replace the one that just fell off from it. You almost shoved the toothbrush to his face, looking dead serious.

 

"Calm down, woman. You're going to kill me with that"

 

"Well, it will be good if I can kill you by now. Too bad, I'm still being good enough for a jerk like you." You walked and pushed him away from blocking the way. Kris shook his head to see how you easily got mad over him.

 

"She's really something. Well, I like that." He chuckled and brushed his teeth.

 

 

---

 

You were in the car, sitting at the back with Kris since he told his driver to drive the car. Kris took a glance at you who were looking out through the window, not uttering a word. He smiled.

 

"Hyejoo…"

 

"What?!" You almost yelled before realizing that the driver was a bit shocked with it. You knew that you shouldn't be acting harsh towards Kris in front anyone else. You faked a smile for Kris.

 

"I mean, yes?" You said, trying hard to look calm enough. Kris tried not to laugh and he acted normal enough. "Should we go and meet my mother-in-law first? I bet, she misses me so much, baby."

 

You were about to slap him in the face upon hearing the last word. Baby? Baby your !

 

"Sure. I'm pretty sure she's going to be happy once she meets with her 'beloved' son-in-law." You replied, sarcastically. Kris knew you meant in the other way so he acted as if it was nothing.

 

The car stopped at the front of Woobin's house. You told your mom to stay at his house for awhile since there was no one staying with her. Besides, you could feel a bit confident to let the driver stop by at the house since most of the people thought you really came from a wealthy family. Woobin's house seemed much better than your house.

 

"Ahjussi, here, take this money and just leave the car for me. I'll drive it. You can use the money to pay for the cab." Kris said to the driver. He nodded his head, thanking Kris after taking the money, "Thanks, sir."

 

"And remember, don't tell my parents that we're here. Just say that we went somewhere first before heading back home. Get it?"

 

"Yes, sir." The driver replied. You sighed to hear it and quickly alighted from the car with Kris. "Should we get in, baby?" He seemed so excited to meet your mother. You closed the car door and held your handbag tightly, "Behave. Woobin oppa doesn't like you." You whispered and headed to the door bell.

 

Kris scrunched his nose, "Tsk. Woobin? That damn guy? Do I look like I care? Psh." He followed you.

 

The door was opened when you rang the bell for a few times. It was Woobin who opened it. He was so excited to see you before his expression changed immediately to see Kris appearing in front of him.

 

"Ah, so you're here with him?" Woobin said. Kris frowned, "Of course she's here with me. We're married, in case you forgot."

 

"Wu Yifan, shut up." You warned him. "Can I meet my mom?" You looked at Woobin and he carved a smile for you; nodding his head, "Sure. Come in." He made his way for you to get in before looking at Kris and ignored him who was standing at the outside.

 

"That guy. He ignored me?" Kris gritted his teeth and get into the house.

 

---

 

"Ahjumma, get me a glass of water!" Mrs. Wu shouted from the living room and pinched her forehead, thinking about everything that just happened.

 

"What's wrong, honey?" Mr. Wu came from nowhere and joined his wife to sit on a couch. She sighed, "How am I going to say about this matter to Han's family?"

 

"About what?"

 

Mrs. Wu turned her head to her husband and let out another heavy sigh, "Our son is married to someone else and cancelled all the wedding preparations that we made. Yejin must be feeling so bad right now."

 

"Well, I did warn you at first to not forcing him."

 

"What?"

 

"Kris is a guy. He has his own rights to choose what's the best for his life. Forcing him to get married with other woman is not the best decision. You're going to make him suffer in the end. Do you think he's going to get his own happiness when he get married with someone that he doesn't love?"

 

"But, we're married because of our parents. Because of the arranged marriage. Are you saying that we don't love each other?"

 

Mr. Wu leaned against the couch and stared at his wife who was getting confused. "I'm not. Besides, we can't treat the same way to him. Let him choose the best thing for his own life."

 

"It's hard to explain to someone like you." She crossed her arms and refused to look at her husband. Mr. Wu chuckled, "You're still shocked with this sudden news. And I think Hyejoo is a good woman for him. You should get to know with her from on."

 

Mrs. Wu rolled her eyes, "I'm not going to." She stood up from the couch and headed to the kitchen. "Ahjumma! What took you so long?!" She yelled. Mr. Wu sighed to think about his stubborn wife, refusing to listen to his words.

 

 

---

 

"Umma, you should stay with Woobin oppa and Chorong unnie at the moment. I'll try to get a new house for you once I've started working with my new job."

 

"Aigoo, I'll be alright staying alone at that house, though. Don't worry." Your mother caressed your face and glanced at Kris. "Thanks for letting my daughter to work with you. It will be easier for you to take a good care of her."

 

Kris smiled and nodded, "Small matter, ommonim. I will take a good care of her and we will try to get a new house which is way better than the previous one." Kris replied, making an eye-contact with you who were sitting across him. Woobin rolled his eyes to see how Kris could act in front him.

 

"Don't worry. You can stay here with me, umma. I don't mind though." Woobin interrupted. "Thanks, Woobin-ah." Your mom said, feeling happy enough to hear how Woobin cared about her.

 

Your lips curled upwards just to know that there was someone who could help taking a good care of your mother.

 

 

You were in the car with Kris as he drove to his house. You were quiet and not uttering a words. Kris played a music in the car and turned the volume up.

 

Come back home~ Can you come back home~ Chagaun sesang kkeute nal beoriji malgo nae gyeoteuro~

 

You heard Kris sang along with the song. You looked at him and started to get annoyed with his voice singing to the song. You switched off the music player and crossed your arms. Kris was dumbfounded with your sudden action.

 

"Yah! Why did you turn it off?" Kris asked while his hand trying to switch on the music player again.

 

"It's annoying to hear your voice!"

 

"But it's my voice!"

 

"I don't care!" You said, switching off the music player again. Kris gritted his teeth, "It's my car so I can do whatever I want, dimwit."

 

"It's my choice to listen to it or not!" You yelled back. Kris didn't want to argue even more so he decided to focus while driving, "Whatever."

 

Just when the situation became awkward with no one talking, Kris decided to say something. He cleared his throat.

 

"Be early for tomorrow morning. I need to introduce my new secretary to my workers." He uttered.

 

You glanced at him, "I thought I'll be starting this weekend."

 

"I'm the boss so I can decide whatever I want. No excuses. And once you're late, I won't hesitate to leave you." He said, coldly. You pursed your lips. "Remember, you still need to pay for my damaged car."

 

"I know! Just stop mentioning about that! Jerk."

 

"I heard that, young lady." Kris said, making you to roll your eyes.

 

You've arrived at Kris' house. You knew that it was going to be hard enough for you once you entered in the house since his mother doesn't like you in the first place. You knew that it was your fault for getting married with his son when he was supposed to get married with his ex-fiancee.

 

You alighted from the car and your eyes landed on the mansion, feeling nervous. Your hands were sweaty as you grasped it. Kris locked the car before he went to stand beside you.

 

"Don't worry. Everything is going to be alright." He said and you quickly held his arm, looking at him. "What's wrong?" He asked as his eyes gazed at his arm.

 

"I…I don't think I should be here. After what happened"

 

Kris held your hand and patted on it, "It's alright. I know how to handle this. Come on." He said, taking your hand so that he could hold it tightly. "Remember to act like we love each other for real so that she will believe us."

 

You didn’t say much and nodded your head. It was awkward to hold his hand in this kind of situation but you couldn’t say anything. You had to do it, for a reason. For the sake of your mother.

 

You walked in the mansion with Kris and being greeted with the maids. "Welcome home, sir. Ma'am."

 

"Ma'am, welcome. It's good to see you here." The head of the maids said as she bowed along with the others. Your lips curled upwards and bowed, "Thank you. It's good to see you too."

 

"Where's mom? Dad? We're here to see them." Kris asked one of the maids and his arm found its way to wrap around your waist and pulled your closer to him. You were startled with his action and he turned to look at your face. He winked, "Act normal, baby." He whispered.

 

"Mr. and Mrs. Wu are in the living room. They are waiting for you, sir, ma'am." The head of the maids said. Kris smiled, "Thanks. We'll go and see them first."

 

You walked with Kris to the living room and started to get nervous even more. You just didn’t want his mother to treat you badly and instead hoping that she would treat you nicely.

 

Just when both of you reached the living room, you saw your father-in-law stood up from his seat.

 

"My kids are back! Welcome home!" He greeted before went to both of you and gave a hug. You smiled for him, "Thanks, Mr. Wu."

 

He frowned, "You should be calling me 'dad' from now on. I'm your father-in-law, pretty." He pinched your cheek, making you to giggle. "Okay, dad." You replied and your eyes gazed at your mother-in-law who was sitting on the couch, not even making an eye contact with you and his son.

 

You knew she wasn’t happy to see your appearance in the house.

 

"Go and greet your mom." Mr. Wu spoke, signaling both of you to go and approach her. Kris carved a small smile and nodded, "Alright."

 

You followed Kris from behind and went to his mother who was still sitting on the couch and looked cold enough. She turned her head slowly and smiled to his beloved son.

 

"Kris…" She stood up and hugged him tightly. "Hi, mom."

 

"Kris, why you're doing this to me? Why do you have to" "Honey, don't." Mr. Wu glared at his wife, warning her not to say it in front of you.  You knew what she was going to say so you just remained silence. Kris changed his attention to you and pulled you closer to him.

 

"Mom, I'm bringing Hyejoo to stay with us. She's our new family from now on so I hope you can treat her like your daughter."

 

You smiled as her eyes landed on you. You bowed, "It's good to see you again, mom."

 

She tsk-ed at your words and rolled her eyes, "Mom?" You bit your bottom lip to see how she reacted. You knew she hated it but she couldn’t say anything since your father-in-law signaled her to behave.

 

"Forget it. I heard that you will be working with my son since he wants you to be with him all the time." She spoke arrogantly. You nodded your head, "Yes, mom."

 

"Well, you know, it's unbelievable to know that a lady from a wealthy family wants to work as a secretary, even though for her husband." She added. "Mom…" Kris interrupted.

 

"It's okay, Kris. I will treat her like my own daughter. Besides, I have to be nice to my daughter-in-law. Yeah, I was hoping Yejin that would be the one standing beside you. But, forget it. Maybe you're the best choice after all. Am I right, Hyejoo?" She said, sarcastically.

 

You faked a grin and nodded your head hesitantly, "Y…Yeah. You are, mom."

 

"Good. I hope you'll get comfortable with everyone in this house, Han Hyejoo. Welcome to the Wu's family." Mrs. Wu said as she grabbed her handbag. "I'm going to meet my friends. I'll be home later." With then, she left the living room. You tried not to cry and bit your bottom lip as if it was going to bleed.

 

Her words were sharp enough to stab your heart. It was hurt to hear everything from . You knew that she was acting and being sarcastic to you.

 

"Are you alright, Hyejoo?" Kris asked as he saw your face expression changed. You faked a smile, "I'm alright. Don't worry."

 

"I'm sorry on her behalf, Hyejoo. I didn't know that she would be saying such of things like that. She's still shocked with everything that happened." Mr. Wu felt bad with his wife's words earlier.

 

Your lips carved another smile for your father-in-law, "It's okay, dad. I know it's hard for mom to accept me in this family but I'll be alright."

 

Mr. Wu felt relief once he heard it from you. He knew that his son didn’t make the wrong choice for marrying you.

 

"Good then. You should be having your rest. Kris, bring her to your room. It seems that she didn’t get enough rest."

 

You shook your head, "It's okay. I'm not that tired. I just want to view around the mansion."

 

Mr. Wu nodded, "Sure. Make yourself at home." "Alright, dad." You replied.

 

"Kris, take her to view around the mansion. I need to get back to my office for awhile."

 

Kris just nodded his head and his father left both of you in the living room area. You sighed and played with your fingers. Kris knew what made you to sigh a lot.

 

He ruffled your head, "Let's go. I'll show you around the mansion."

 

"Huh?" You couldn’t get to say a word when Kris grabbed your wrist, pulling you to follow him.

 

"Y-Yah! Wu Yifan! Slow down! Yah!" You knew it was pointless to say those words when he kept pulling your hand. This jerk!

 


 

Hey guys! I'm back from hiatus since I'm having my semester break for a month and half! YEHET. hahaha. Sorry for making you guys to wait for my update. And I know, a lot of things happened to EXO these days. Kris left and now Luhan left the group. *sigh* Let's hope the best for them though. I'll be updating more often during my free time and i hope you enjoyed with the new update ^.^ <333