two

Unexpected Marriage [~]

 

Read this author's note first! 

 

A/N: Okay, let me tell you before you guys get confused if you read this chapter without knowing anything! I just changed the image of Han Yejin. Besides, i changed another character; Lee Jongsuk to Kim Woobin. Idk why because i'm having many ideas for upcoming chapters and it seems like Kim Woobin suits very well. You guys can checked at my foreword to see the list of characters, again. 

 


 

Kris laid on a couch in his room after getting back from his office. He took a deep breathe, enjoying the time to feel relax in his room. He loosened the necktie around his neck and laid his arm on his head.

 

By then, he heard someone entered the room. He could guess the person who stood beside him just by smelling the fragrance.

 

"Kris, you're not supposed to be at home right now." She saidㅡcrossing her arms across her chest. Kris sighed, "I'm too tired, mom."

 

"But you should go and bring Yejin to buy wedding rings ." His mom spoke but Kris doesn't move an inch from his couch.

 

"You can just go and buy it with her. I'm not in the mood." Kris refused to do so. Thinking about his favorite car that was damaged by a girl that he never knew and she even acted rude with him.

 

"No. You should go. And let me ask you one thing." His mom stared at her son sharply before pulling his arm away from covering his face. "Where is your favorite car?"

 

"At the workshop."

 

"What happened?!"

 

"Easy to say, someone hit my car at the back. Okay, I'm done answering to your question, mom. Now, let me get someㅡ" Kris couldn't get to finish his words as his mother pinched on his arm. He shouted with the sudden pain on the arm, "Mom~"

 

"No rest because you need to meet your fiancee. Right now!" She saidㅡsternly. Kris let out a big sigh and he sat up on the couch, looking at his mom, "Yeah. I'll go with her." With then, Kris stood up and went straight to the bathroom to get a shower. His mom smiled upon seeing his response.

 

"I can't wait to see them getting married! I'm so excited!" She grinned and left the room.

 

 

---

 

You worked hard at the bakery shopㅡsince Woobin told you that they needed a worker at the moment. Chorong helped you how to bake some cookies and cakes. It was fun to work with them, with their helps. Woobin was preparing some coffee for the customers and smiled when he saw you were enjoying with the works.

 

Chorong went to Woobin and smiled when he realized she was there to see him making a coffee for himself. The shop wasn't having too many customers during weekdays. So, it made them to feel a bit relax

 

"Coffee?" Chorong shook her head when Woobin asked her. She leaned against the counter, "Seems like Hyejoo enjoys doing her works."

 

Woobin chuckled, "She is. I feel bad for her."

 

"Me too. I wonder if she can handle it."

 

"I told her to use some of my money, but, she's stubborn."

 

"As usual, oppa." Chorong said in her small laugh. Woobin took a sip of his coffee and thought about something. "If only Hyejoo can tell me that bastard's name." He gritted his teeth thinking about what happened on his own friend.

 

"So that you can punch him in the face?" "Yeah."

 

"It won't solve the problem. It's going to be even worse. We don't even know him. He can pay anyone to beat you up. Usually, those who has a lot of money will always find a way to hurt anyone that look down on them." Chorong added. Woobin laughed with her words, "If he dares to pay a few guys to punch me, he's wrong. I'm Kim Woobin."

 

Chorong 'tsk'-ed at his words, "Stop praising yourself."

 

"I'm being serious, Chorong. I'll protect you and Hyejoo from anything. Both of you are like my own sisters."

 

Chorong mocked him, "Aww, look who's trying to be cheesy here?"

 

"Who is being what?" You interrupted them with some flour on your cheek. Woobin held his laughter from bursting in front of you and Chorong nudged him in the ribs.

 

You frowned, "What's wrong?"

 

Chorong smiled and just before she could help to wipe it for you, Woobin poked your forehead, "Yah! I wonder if you're baking the cakes using your hands or your face."

 

Your eyes were wide opened and quickly wiped your cheeks, "Huh? Don't tell me that I'm looking bad with flour on my face."

 

"You're already looking bad. Both of you are not that pretty. I wonder why I'm having these girls as my friends." Woobin joked while sipping his coffee. Chorong and you glared at himㅡrolling your eyes to hear his words.

 

Chorong poked his head when he put the cup on the counter, "You think you're handsome enough?"

 

"You're the most ugliest guy on earth that I've ever seen." You added. Woobin gasped, "Excuse me? I got a lot of love letters when I was in high school."

 

"Most probably love letters from the gays!" Chorong laughed at your joke. Woobin stared, "I'm not a gay."

 

"You know, I was just joking. Don't take it too serious." You spoke and headed to get a glass of water.

 

"I know, kiddo." Woobin chuckled, "Alright, enough with that topic. Now, tell me, how are you going to handle with that bastard?"

 

You shrugged, "Pay him."

 

Woobin sighed and Chorong looked at you with a frown. "Can you go and see him so he can give you any discounts?"

 

"Oppa, it's a damn expensive car. Maserati. I don't have any ideas how much did he pay to buy for his favorite car. Tsk." You mumbled. "Wow, someone is mad." Woobin teased.

 

"Should we see that guy and try to deal with him?" Chorong asked and you faked a laugh, "Better not. Or you're going to smack his face with a brick when you have to handle his annoying attitude. Whoever gets to marry that guy, she's definitely going to regret for the rest of her life."

 

Woobin stared at your eyes, "And what's your plan?"

 

"I'm going to pay him, no matter what. I'll be starting to work at the other places to gain more money." You answered.

 

"And we'll help you." Chorong added. Woobin nodded his head, "Yeah."

 

You smiled, "Thanks, guys."

 

 

---

 

"How about this? Is it suits me very well?" Yejin asked when she slipped the ring onto her finger. Kris shrugged before crossing his arms across his chest and his face showed that he wasn't interested to be there with her.

 

Yejin didn't say much and decided to try another diamond ring. She smiled widely to see the ring and slipped it to her finger. She showed it to him, "Look, is this looks better? Choose one."

 

Kris sighed, "Anything will do."

 

Yejin pouted, "Help me to choose one. This or that."

 

Kris turned his face to look at her. He was showing his y face at her. "I'm not good in choosing rings. Pick one or we'll leave." Kris said as he left her alone at the jewelry shop. Yejin gasped to see how Kris could leave her alone in the shopㅡmaking her to feel embarrassed with the workers in there.

 

Yejin quickly followed Kris who stopped by to buy an ice cream. He didn’t even turn around when she called for his name. Just when she stood closer to him, she held onto his armㅡcausing the tall guy to turn around while eating the ice cream.

 

"Why did you left me in there?" Yejin asked; completely disappointed with his attitude. He smirked, "I'm here just to accompany you."

 

"But your mom told you to bring me here and buy our wedding rings."

 

"Well, you're the one who is going to get married. Not me." Kris left her again. Yejin rolled her eyes and followed him.

 

"Look, we're going to get married and I'll be your wife soon. Is this how you're going to treat me?" She asked when she stopped him from walking away. Everyone who passed by just stared at them when Yejin almost raised her voice.

 

Kris looked into her eyes, "You're the one who wants to get married with me."

 

"Kris!" She called his name again but he didn't care and left just like that. Yejin grasped her hand while biting her bottom lip. It was hard for her to force him to get married with her.

 

Both of them finally on their way to a restaurant since Kris was starving a lot and didn't have his lunch. Yejin tried to create a conversation with him since it was too awkward when they were in his car.

 

They arrived at a restaurant and Kris took a seatㅡwithout helping to pull a chair for Yejin. She bit her lower lip, glaring at him. Kris made a poker face, "Why you're not taking your seat?"

 

She rolled her eyes and pulled the chair, "Nothing." She decided not to start a fight with him; again. She took a seat and a waiter came while handing them the menus. Kris' lips curled upwards to see his favorite meals and he started to order.

 

Yejin did the same and the waiter wrote their orders in his note before taking back the menus. Kris played with his phone and ignored Yejin who was hoping that he would at least talk with her. The silence remained for fifteen minutes and she became awkward.

 

"Where's your favorite car?" She started a conversation to break the silence.

 

"At the workshop." Kris' eyes were still locked on the phone screen.

 

"Why?" "Someone hit it from the back."

 

"Did you ask for their money to repair the damages."

 

"I did." That was what he repliedㅡshowing much how he wasn't interested to have a conversation with her. He would text with his friends rather than talked to his own fiancee.

 

Just when Yejin wanted to say something, a waiter cameㅡbringing their foods and drinks to be served on the table. Kris looked delighted and thanked the waiter before starting to eat.

 

Yejin bit her cheeks inside. So, he cares to eat more than looking at me? Is this how he's treating his own fiancee? His future wife?

 

"Stop thinking much and eat the food." Kris said when he noticed that Yejin didn't start eating. She sighed when he continued eating. She chuckled, "Listen, I'm worried about our wedding preparations more; rather than eating these foods."

 

"Let's not talk about wedding at this moment. Just enjoy the meal." Kris stabbed a piece of steak with a fork and fed into his mouth.

 

Yejin tilted her head, "Excuse me? We have another two weeks and we haven't buy our wedding rings."

 

"So?" Kris lifted his face to look at her. She rolled her eyes at his reply, "Do you think that we're going to have a small wedding ceremony? You're a well-known guy. It's going to be a memorable day for us, Kris. Can you please be serious?"

 

Kris wiped his mouth with the napkin and stared at her eyes, "I'm being serious. What else do you want? I brought you to see the wedding rings but you took almost two hours just to pick one. And now, you're nagging, telling me to be serious?"

 

"Do you even know how important it is to prepare for the wedding? Why you're treating me like I'm totally a stranger in your life? You're not treating me like your fiancee ever since we get engaged. What am I to you?"

 

Kris chuckled, "Then, what's the point if we still hold this engagement when you already know the truth?"

 

She gasped, "Are you saying that we're going to end this?"

 

"As you said."

 

"Are you kidding? We'll be getting married soon and you're making such a stupid decision like this?"

 

Kris took a sip of his drink, "Well, I'm sorry because I don't think we're good for each other." Kris slipped the engagement ring from his finger and put it on the table. She saw it and grasped her hands while gritting her teethㅡthinking about all of the preparations that she made, all of the efforts that she did; just to be with him.

 

"Besides, I have a girlfriend."

 

"You cheated on me?!" She almost raised her voice. "Actually, I have a girlfriend before we get engaged, sweetie. And I'm going to marry her soon."

 

She smirked, "I'm not going to believe any of your words. Unless I see her with my own eyes."

 

Kris stood up and went to Yejin before he bent down and whispered, "I'll bring her to see you. Soon. Enjoy your meal, Han Yejin." He smirked and left Yejin at the table.

 

Her eyes were pooled with tearsㅡfeeling thousand of swords stabbing her heart.

 

"A girlfriend, huh? I wonder if she's way better than me." She wiped her tears from falling down on her cheeks.

 

---

 

"Umma! I'm home!" Hyejoo took off her shoes and closed the main door. She smiled when she saw her mother was coming out from the kitchen.

 

"Aww, my sweetheart is back! How's your work? Did Woobin bully you?" You laughed when you hugged her. "Of course not. He was just being noisy as always. But I love to work with them."

 

Her mother pinched on her cheek, "Aigoo, I wonder why you get fired because of the damaged scooter. He totally lost a precious worker like you."

 

Well, he fired me for another reason too. I hit someone's car and I have to pay for the damages. Damn that guy!

 

You blushed, "Umma~ I'm not that precious."

 

"You are. You're the only precious treasure that I have. I don't have to be rich." You chuckled at her words and hugged her tightly, "Thanks mom. You're my precious treasure too. No one can replace you in my life."

 

She pulled away, "Okay, enough. Let's go and eat. I cooked your favorite food."

 

Your jaw dropped, "Really?! Aw, I love you, umma!" You walked to the dining table with her before hearing a beep from your phone. It was a new message. You stopped.

 

"Umma,wait a minute." You opened the message and read it from the unknown sender.

 

"We need to meet. Important! [Wu Yifan]"

 

You sighed. Your mother looked at your face, "What's wrong?"

 

You quickly locked your phone and decided not to reply it. You kept it in your pocket, "Nothing. Just a message from Chorong unnie." You lied. She just nodded her head and walked to the dining tableㅡtrying not to think much about him. Or it was going to make your mother found out about it.

 

 

As you had finished having your dinner, you went back to your bedroom to rest and lay on your bed. You took your favorite novel and read it. But then, your phone rang as there was incoming call from an unknown. You frowned.

 

"Who would be calling me at this time?" You wondered. You decided not to pick it up but thinking it might be an important call, you answered it.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Hyejoo?"

 

"Who is this?"

 

"The owner of the car that you hit on the previous day."

 

You rolled your eyes to know the caller.

 

"What do you want?"

 

"Wow, is that how you're talking to someone that youㅡ"

 

"Stop talking much and just straight to the point."

 

"Alright, girl. Why you didn't reply to my text?"

 

"Because I'm busy."

 

"Collecting the money to pay for the damages?"

 

You heard him laughing on the other line. You faked your laugh.

 

"HA-HA, funny. Now, straight to the point or I'm going to end up this call."

 

"I want you to see me, tomorrow, at my office"

 

"What for?"

 

"There's something I need to tell you about this payment. Important."

 

"What else? I thought we already make a deal."

 

"Stop questioning. Just meet me at there. I'll text you the time. Be on time."

 

"Dude, I'm working."

 

"I don't care. My car is way important than your job."

 

"What theㅡ"

 

"No cursing, sweetie. Be there on time or I'll see you in court. Bye."

 

He ended up the call and you gritted your teethㅡthrowing the phone on bed. You messed your hair and bit your lip, "Is he crazy? His car is way important than my job? Well, yeah. I forgot that he's the richest guy who only cares for his own goods; not mine. What a stupid-selfish-annoying jerk that I've ever seen!"

 

---

 

"Kris, explain to me about what happened between you and Yejin!" His mother stopped him from walking out from his room. He sighed, "Mom, I need to go to my office. I'll be late."

 

"Not until you tell me!" She said, sternly. His father came to his room and looked at them. "What's wrong?"

 

"You better ask him for what he had done! Yejin said they're no longer engaged because of him making such a stupid decision."

 

"Mom, I can't marry someone that I don't love." Kris saidㅡlooking at his father and hoping that he would help him. Only he knew how much he refused to get married with Yejin. And his father knew very well; how does his son feels.

 

"Let him be. He deserves to be with someone else." He interrupted. His wife gasped, "Darl, Yejin is the only person that suits to be with our son! Not anyone else."

 

"But I don't love her." Kris spoke and he got a death glare from his mother. "And are you going to explain how we're going to cancel all of the preparations? The invitations?"

 

"..Just tell them that we're no longer engaged. Is that hard?" Kris answeredㅡshowing that poker face. His mother pinched her forehead meanwhile his father just shrugged when Kris looked at him for help.

 

"Do you realize what you're doing?"

 

"I am, mom. Stop worrying because I have a girlfriend and I'll marry her."

 

His mother dropped her jaw and only laughter could be heard from his father.

 

"A girlfriend?! How could youㅡ"

 

"I'll bring her over." "Don't you ever dare to do so, Kris. I warn you."

 

"But momㅡ"

 

"No 'buts'. I'm disappointed with you." With then, she left without talking much. His father looked at his wife before turning to look at his son with his proud face. He smiled, teasingly, "So, a girlfriend? I thought you don't have one."

 

"I'll bring her to see you, dad."

 

"Is she pretty?"

 

"You will see." Kris chuckled and patted his father's shoulder, "Gotta go, dad. Help me to persuade, mom. Tell her that I really can't marry Yejin. Okay, bye." He said and left the room. His father laughed and shook his head to see his attitude, "Aigoo, this kid."

 

 

---

 

"You're going there?" Chorong asked when you took off your apron.

 

"I have to. There's something he's going to say." You replied. Woobin rolled his eyes and stared at you, "What if he's trying to trap you and then kidnap youㅡ"

 

"Yah! Stop thinking bad things." Chorong glared deadly at Woobin and he raised his hands like a surrender, "Just saying."

 

"He won't. I'll kick his precious 'treasure' and he won't get to have kids in the future." You joked. Woobin almost get choked and Chorong laughed. "That's…hurt." Woobin tried to imagine the pain.

 

"Who cares? He better not to do anything bad on me. Alright, I'm leaving now. Will be back later, bye!" You waved your goodbye and left the bakery shop. Chorong looked at Woobin with a heavy sigh, "Let's hope that guy won't increase the payment."

 

"Or I'll burn his head." Woobin added.

 

You went to the company to meet him and saw his secretary staring at you. You went to her. "I'm coming to see your boss."

 

She was still staring at you. You rolled your eyes, "I made an appointment."

 

"Wait a second, miss." She said and called Kris to tell him. Just in a minute, she ended up the call. "He tells you to meet him in his room."

 

"Alright, thanks." You thanked and she followed you.

 

His secretary helped to knock the door before getting a permission from him. Just when she opened the door, Kris smiled widely to see you standing at the door frame.

 

"Come in, Hyejoo-ssi." He said; acting polite. Kris signaled Jiyeon to leave both of you in the room. He motioned you take a seat on the chair.

 

"How are you?" He asked but you knew he was acting nice. "Stop wasting my time and tell me about it."

 

He smiled, "Well, I'm thinking to consider this but I really can't. I need to pay the mechanic more so he will repair my favorite car as soon as possible."

 

"…What do you mean?" You frowned. He leaned against his chair, "You need to pay it within two weeks."

 

You gawked, "What are you talking about?! We already made a deal! And I'll pay it within a month."

 

"But that's too long for me to wait until I can get my car back."

 

"Are you kidding? You think it's easy for me to collect $5000 in two weeks?! I'm not working as a CEO or whatever that gain lots of money!"

 

He smirked, "Well, I can't say anything about it."

 

"You're crazy. Really crazy! You only care for your own goods when the fact you're being cruel on someone poor like me! Why?! You think a rich guy like you can do whatever you want?!" You yelled.

 

"Wooo~ Calm down, girl. We can deal this nicely." Kris spoke but you held his collar, "I can deal this nicely if you know how to treat me very well! Don't simply being cruel on a poor girl like me, bastard!" You pushed him hard to the chair and he loosened his necktieㅡpretending to wipe his sweat.

 

"So harsh. But, it's okay. I'm still trying to be kind with you. Because you can choose the other one."

 

You breathed heavily, "What do you mean? See you in court? Hah, that's the only words you know."

 

He shook his head, "Nope. If you choose this, I'll give you the time to pay for it, even much longer than a month."

 

You started to get curious. What is he talking about? Another choice?

 

"What is it?" You asked.

 

He smiled before smirking at you, "Marry me."

 

 

 


 

Hope you guys enjoyed with it! Do leave your comments! I just love to read your reactions on my latest update and i know you're wondering for the next chapter lol. i love making my readers to get curious kekeke sorry ! 

 

 just don't hit/throw bricks on me, readers. haha. thanks for reading.