ten

Unexpected Marriage [~]

 

You looked at your reflection in the mirror while fixing your clothes. It was going to be your first day to work as Kris' secretary. You saw Kris stood behind you, by looking at the mirror. He was trying to fix his necktie with his eyes were glued on you.

 

"You're looking great with that." He said. You cleared your throat and tied your hair. "T…Thanks." Was what you replied before you spun around and were blocked with his tall figure.

 

Kris smirked, "Don't you think that I'm struggling with this thing?" He spoke, holding his necktie. Your eyes landed on his black necktie and you admitted to yourself that he was looking good with his white shirt.

 

It looked perfect on him.

 

"So?" You tried to act cold. Kris stared at you and sighed, "Do it for me."

 

"W-What?" You looked at him, disbelief. "It's one of the rules. Remember?" He mentioned about it and you rolled your eyes. Kris won again this time and you didn’t even get to say no with what he wanted.

 

You held the necktie and helped him. His eyes were glued on your flawless face. Kris seemed to like seeing it just before he went to his office. So, it looks exactly like we're the real married couple. Your wife helps to fix your necktie and the husband stares at her face.

 

"Done." You spoke, snapped him back to the reality. Kris quickly looked away and smiled slightly, "Thanks."

 

"Let's go downstairs and have our breakfast together. Mom and dad are waiting." Kris left the room, leaving you dumbfounded.

 

"Breakfast? Together with his…..parents?" You sighed when you thought about his mom who might hate to see your appearance in her sight.

 

You took a seat beside Kris and smiled to your parents-in-law. "Good morning, mom, dad." Too bad, only your father-in-law responded to your greet with a wide smile plastered on his face.

 

Mrs. Wu didn’t even care to look at your face and she decided to drink a glass of milk and ignored you.

 

You bit your tongue when you noticed with her action. Keep calm, Hyejoo. She's still not in the mood.

 

"Ah, Hyejoo, you're going to start your day as Kris' secretary by today. Am I right?" Mr. Wu broke the silence in the dining room. You nodded your head, "Yes. It's going to be my first day."

 

"Good. If you need any helps, let him know. You can't keep it by yourself. Got it?" Mr. Wu eyed Kris and you. You smiled, "Sure."

 

"She won't make it. No one can easily be his secretary. Because Hyejoo must be the type who doesn’t like to work too hard. Am I right, dear?" Mrs. Wu replied, sarcastically when her eyes landed on you.

 

You almost get choked with your meal and faked a smile, "I'm scared I can't make it but I'll try my best." You spoke. "Besides, Kris is there to help me." You continued.

 

She 'tsk'-ed over your words and wiped with her napkin, "Whatever." She said. "Jiyeon shouldn’t resign." She whispered but still, you could hear those words.

 

"Honey…" Kris' dad glared at his wife who seemed to hate seeing you sitting across the table. "I'm done. I have a meeting with my friends." Mrs. Wu excused herself and left the dining table.

 

You stared at your meal, biting your bottom lip. It was hard for you to go through the marriage life when you had to face with your mother-in-law every single day.

 

"Dad, we'll just get going first. We might be late." Kris spoke and he held your hand. "Let's go."

 

"Huh?" You were dumbfounded and didn’t say a word and followed him. You didn’t forget to bow to your father-in-law before you left the house with Kris.

 

Kris knew that you were hurt with his mother's words so he decided to leave earlier. You sat in the car and remained silence.

 

While driving the car, Kris took a glance at you and his lips curled upwards before stopping his car somewhere.

 

"Why did you stop the car?" You asked when he unbuckled his seatbelt. "I need to buy something. I didn’t get to eat too much earlier." He answered. You saw he parked his car the near the Subway so you knew he was going to get something to eat.

 

"Sure. Go ahead." You replied and leaned against the seat. Not bothering to look at him. Kris shrugged and alighted from the car and entered the Subway.

 

You waited for about ten minutes before Kris get in the car with a cup of hot chocolate and a sandwich in his hand.

 

By then, he handed to you. You frowned, "Why you're giving this to me?"

 

"Take it. I bought it for you."

 

"But you said that you were going to buy it for yourself."

 

"I lied. You're the one who didn’t get to eat. After all, I need to buy something for you because you might lose your appetite with my mom's words. Sorry on her behalf."

 

Kris' words touched your heart. You could see how he was being sorry over his mom with his hand holding the foods. "You know, I'm going to eat it if you're not taking it." He joked.

 

You smiled slightly and took it from his hands, "Thanks."

 

"My pleasure. Eat a lot so you'll have a lot of energy. You'll be working hard when you're with me." He winked before starting the car engine.

 

 

 

When you have arrived, you alighted from the car with him. You followed Kris from behind as you started to get nervous since it was going to be your first day.

 

Some of the workers who saw him quickly bowed and you felt awkward to see it. They were bowing to you and Kris and it made you to feel uncomfortable since you were just going to be his secretary.

 

Or maybe they're bowing to me because I'm his wife?

 

Kris went to visit his workers and you stood beside him. They smiled to see him standing in their offices. He took a glance at you before looked back to his workers with a wide smile.

 

"This is Han Hyejoo. As you know, she's my wife. And now, she'll be replacing Jiyeon's place and be my new secretary. Please be nice with her."

 

Kris introduced you to them and you bowed, "Hello. I'm Han Hyejoo. I hope you can help me when I need your help."

 

"Sure. We will try to help you." One of the workers, Youngji, said with a grin. "Good. Hyejoo-ssi, I'll let Youngji and Mir bring you to look around the building." Kris patted on your shoulder softly and turned to look at Mir.

 

"Mir." Kris called for his name and he quickly stood properly, looking at Kris. "Yes, sir!"

 

"Do show her new office. I'm letting you and Youngji to handle this." He ordered. "Alright, sir." Mir and Youngji said at the same time and bowed.

 

Just when Kris left, Mir and Youngji went to you, smiling. You were a bit startled with their actions.

 

"Mrsㅡ" You stopped Youngji from continuing her words, "Just call by my name. I don't like you guys treat me so nicely just because I'm Kris' wife."

 

Mir grinned, "Geez, you deserve to be his wife better than that witch!"

 

Youngji nudged Mir at his ribs, eyeing him to stop saying those words. You knew exactly what he meant and you smiled. "Let's not waste our time. I'd like to take a look everything in this building. Mind to bring me?"

 

You changed the topic and Youngji nodded, looking cute with her face, "Sure! We will bring you, Hyejoo-ssi."

 

With then, your carved a smile for them.

 

 

---

 

 

"Thank you." Chorong thanked her customer after handing the customer a cup of coffee. Woobin upgraded everything from a bakery shop and it turned out to be a café since their income has increased. He thought that it would be good idea for him to do that. Chorong went back to the counter when she saw another customer was coming to order

 

"Hello, sir. Welcome to our café. What would you like to have?" Chorong greeted the customer who wore his shades. He was looking pretty cool with his outfit, looking like an idol.

 

She plastered a smile for him when he looked over the menu.

 

"Two ice coffee for me." He ordered. "Alright. Is there anything else? Would you like to try our cake?" She asked and he shook his head.

 

"I would like to have your number, Chorong-ssi." He spoke, with a smirk was formed on his face. Chorong lifted up her head and looked at him, dumbfounded.

 

"Huh?" She couldn’t understand what he was trying to say and by then, he took off his shades, winking. "Hi, sweetie. We meet again." He said.

 

Chorong chortled over his words and rolled her eyes, "It's you again?"

 

Luhan smiled, hoping she would fall for it, "It's like a fate, uh? So, Chorong is your name? Pretty cool."

 

"Whatever." Chorong replied and made the ice coffee for him before she placed it on the counter. "Take this with you and pay for the coffees, dude."

 

"Including your number?" He asked.

 

"Look, I don't like talking badly to my customer so please, stop bothering me and just take the coffees." She glared at him deadly. Luhan chuckled over her words and he was about to lean to the counter before a figure came and stood behind Chorong.

 

"What's wrong, Chorong?" Woobin asked and he glared at Luhan. He gulped to see Woobin in his sight.

 

"This guy! He's bothering me, oppa." Chorong complained, pointing at Luhan. Luhan frowned with her words. Oppa? Wait, what? Don't tell me that this guy is her boyfriend! No! No! He must be her brother. No one else!

 

"Sir, do you have anything else?" Woobin asked when Luhan stood there like a statue. Luhan was about to say something before someone held his arm.

 

"Sorry, but he's a bit insane for today. Sorry for bothering you." Sehun came out of nowhere and paid the ice coffees. He took the drinks and looked at Luhan.

 

"Hyung, stop it already!" Sehun whispered before faked a grin and quickly brought Luhan to leave the café. Chorong let out a big sigh when both of them disappeared.

 

"Who's that guy?" Woobin asked. "He's one of Kris' friends." Chorong answered.

 

"Well, he looks exactly the same like his friend. Annoying." Woobin replied and he was about to go back to the kitchen before someone entered the café, wearing her shades.

 

She seemed to have a lot of money with her nice outfit and the way she walked. She viewed everything in the café, making Woobin and Chorong noticed that.

 

"So, this is the place that she's working, uh?" She took off her shades and her eyes were glued on Woobin and Chorong.

 

"Both of you must be her friends, right?" She spoke as she took a seat on a chair. Chorong switched with another worker to handle the counter and headed to meet the young lady with Woobin.

 

"I'm sorry but are you looking for someone, miss?" Chorong asked before Woobin did it. She crossed her arm and smirked, "You're Han Hyejoo's friend, am I right?"

 

Chorong nodded weakly, "Y…Yeah. How did youㅡ"

 

"She get married with Kris who was supposed to be my husband. I guess, she lied to us that she comes from a wealthy family." She cut off Chorong's words. Woobin started to get annoyed and stared at her face. "Who are you?"

 

"You don't know?" She chortled. "I'm Han Yejin. Kris' fiancee." She introduced herself. Woobin gasped. "Fiancee?"

 

"Kris is married to Hyejoo. You should know that." Chorong added. Yejin titled her head, "Yah! Your friend lied to everyone that she comes from a wealthy family. But the fact is she's a poor girl who tried to steal everything from Wu's family."

 

"Watch your words, Yejin-ssi!" Woobin raised his voice, caused Yejin to stand up and look at him, disbelief. "Did you just yell at me?"

 

"Why? Is it a big fault?" Woobin looked at her. "Stop defending your friend. You should know that sheㅡ"

 

"She doesn’t deserve to be Kris' wife? I wonder why Kris decided to marry Hyejoo instead of marrying his own fiancee? That's….weird."

 

"Oppa…" Chorong tried to stop him from being too mean with her. Yejin grasped her hands, holding her anger.

 

"Or….he doesn’t even love you like you did? Geez, this is just like a drama." Woobin said, sarcastically. Yejin gritted her teeth and grabbed her bag.

 

"You can say those words but trust me, Hyejoo is going to suffer with her life for stealing him from me. Keep that in your mind." Yejin spoke and left the café. Woobin smiled to see how she was being mad over his words.

 

Chorong sighed, "You shouldn’t be that mean."

 

"Why? She was talking bad about Hyejoo!" Woobin replied. Chorong 'tsk'ed over his words, "Protective brother."

 

"Y-Yah! I'm being protective to both of you!" Woobin half-shouted and he realized some of the workers were looking at him. Woobin cleared his throat and pretended like nothing happened.

 

"Just continue with your works!" The workers quickly continued with their own works when Woobin gave them a glare.

 

---

 

Yejin threw her handbag on her bed and gritted her teeth. Woobin's words made her to feel annoyed and she hated how he mentioned about Kris doesn’t even love her like how she did to him.

 

"That guy! He's just too much!" She said and threw the pillows to the floor. She tried to catch her breathe before she heard someone knocked the door. She saw her father was entering the room with a smile was plastered on his face.

 

"Aigoo, what's wrong?" He asked when he took a seat beside her. Yejin brushed her hair away from covering her face.

 

"Nothing." She said, not looking at her father.

 

"Tell me. I came back home last night and you were sleeping. I thought it would be good to see my daughter today." He said while caressing her head. Yejin brushed his hand away.

 

"Dad, don’t you see how hurt I am?" She looked at her father with tears were pooled in her eyes. He sighed, "I know you're hurt with everything but you can't force him to love you."

 

"You're just like Suho, telling me the same thing! Is it wrong for me to love him? Why does he need to treat me in this way?!" Yejin let out her anger.

 

"I'm sorry for not being able to be by your side. I just don’t want to see you're going to get hurt even more when you're married with him. He doesn’t love you. You won't get your own happiness. Same goes to him." He spoke, comforting her.

 

"No. I can get my own happiness. I just want him. No one else!"

 

Mr. Han looked at him and held her hand, "Yejin-ah…"

 

"Leave me alone, dad. I need to be alone. Please." She wasn’t looking at her father and laid on her bed, hugging her pillow. Mr. Han looked at his daughter and he felt bad to see how she seemed to sad over what happened.

 

He left the room, leaving his daughter. Yejin's tears fell on her cheeks, thinking how hurt it felt to be betrayed by someone that she loved.

 

 

Can't I have him? Is it wrong for me to love him? 

 

 


 

If you like with the story, do upvote ;) And I'd be appreciated if you view, read, subscribe and upvote my new story. We Got Married! {Starring: You & Jackson Got7}  Thanks for reading. Hope you enjoyed ;)