four

Unexpected Marriage [~]

 

"A-Are you kidding?" Kris shot the question when he was looking at you, still trying to make sure you were really being serious. You sighed, "I hate to say it but no. I'm not kidding. I'm serious."

 

Kris tried his best not to laugh so he covered his mouth from bursting into laughter. But you could read it from his face and you glared, "What's wrong?"

 

"Nothing. I just can't believe that you agree with it."

 

You rolled your eyes, "To be very honest, I don't want to marry with you. This is the most ridiculous decision that I've ever made in my life."

 

"No. You won't. It's for the sake of your mother."

 

"Yeah. Because I have no choice. I love my mom and I'd rather sacrifice myself for her."

 

Kris raised a brow and smiled, "Good. Your mother must be lucky to have such a good daughter like you." "Well, yeah. I bet your mom doesn't have such a good son because his son is a jerk." You said those words purposely, obviously saying about himself. Kris chuckled over your words, "Too bad, you're judging me; without getting to know more with me first."

 

"Tch."

 

Kris took a piece of paper and a pen before he handed it to you. You were frowning, "What is this?"

 

He motioned you to sit on a leather couch beside him and you obeyed. He even brought his laptop and put it on a coffee table across the couch and turned his face to look at you.

 

"We're going to decide the rules when we're married."

 

"Huh? What rules? Why? Is it important?"

 

Kris moved a bit closer to you as he stared into your eyes, "Do you want to let this jerk trying to do anything on you when we're married?"

 

You tried to move away from him and gulped, "W..What do you mean? Anything?"

 

"Anything is possible when we're married. What if I kiss you? What if I make youㅡ" "Stop!" You looked at him, stopping him from continuing with his words. You knew exactly what does it mean. "I'll write down the rules!" You said. Kris sat back on his seat and fixed his necktie before giving you a smirk.

 

You hated to see that smirk again. It felt like Kris was making a drama in his headㅡprobably having dirty thoughts on you. Damn, I hate this! Can he stop showing me that smirk?! I might slap him right now!

 

"Good if you gonna do it." He said; plastering that smirk again. "Can you stop showing me that smirk? I hate that."

 

"Why? Scared that you're going to fall for me?"

 

"No. Not at all. If you love your so called 'precious' face, please take care of it very well because I might smack it with a brick."

 

"Harsh. You should start to treat me nicely. I'm your future husband." Kris replied.

 

"Whatever. Now, let's just make this done! I need to get back to work!" You said, sternly. Kris shrugged and started to type the rules in his laptop. Meanwhile, you wrote your rulesㅡeverything that crossed in your mind, in the paper that he gave.  

 

It took about fifteen minutes for both of you to complete the rules. Just when you had done, you handed him the paper. He looked at you while raising a brow.

 

"I wrote anything that crossed in my mind." You crossed your arms across your chest. Kris shook his head and read the rules.

 

  1. No touching, no kissing, no sleeping together; on the bed.
  2. The husband needs to keep the distance; about 1 meter from his wife.
  3. The husband is not allowed to touch/use any of her stuffs.
  4. The wife is allowed to go anywhere and anyone that she wants.
  5. Making your wife pregnant is a big NO.
  6. Smirking is not allowed.
  7. File a divorcement  after three months.

 

 

Kris laughed after reading the rules, leaving you dumbfounded. "Why are you laughing? What's so funny with the rules?"

 

"Nothing. I just feel like to laugh. You're really something, girl." Kris still couldn't stop himself from laughing before he helped to type your rules in his laptop so that he could print it together with the rules that he made. You tried to peek, "Can I read yourㅡ"

 

Kris stared at you, "No." "But you read mine!"

 

"But this is my laptop."

 

"And that paper contains my rules!"

 

"It's in my hand now!" Kris didn't want to give in and you hissed, "Fine. Do whatever you want. Still, I want to read your rules!"

 

"Once I'm done printing it, Han Hye Joo." Kris replied, annoyed with you. He took a few minutes to make it done and soon, he handed to you the rules that he made. You snatched it from his hand, glaring deadly at him. Kris just looked at you and waited for your reaction.

 

  1. The husband is allowed to do anything that he wants.
  2. The wife needs to do everything for the husband. (Cooking, cleaning the house, wash the clothes, doing the house chores and etc.)
  3. The wife needs to work as the husband's new secretary.
  4. Going anywhere without asking for the husband's permission is not allowed.
  5. Follow the husband whenever he has special events.

 

You gasped, "Dude, are you nuts? I'm not even your maid!" Kris shrugged, "You didn't state in your rules so I can put it as part of my rules now."

 

"How could youㅡ" "Ah, I guess, there's nothing to fight for. We need agree with the rules." He said. You rolled your eyes and said, "Then, I'm not going to obey any of the rules."

 

"Well, I can do the same like you. I can touch you, I can kiss you and I can even make youㅡ"

 

"Don't say it." You cut off his words. You didn't want to hear it. You sighed heavily before snatching his pen, "Fine! I'm going to agree with this rules."

 

"Good." Kris smiled. We will see how you're going to handle with it once we're married.

 

Both of you finally agreed with the rules and you knew, you made the biggest decision in your life.

 

Just before you were going to leave his office, Kris called youㅡmaking you to turn and look at him. "Yes?"

 

"Don't let anyone know about our contract marriage. And don't ignore my calls from now on. Because there's a lot of things we need to do. Especially on you." He said, landing his eyes on you. You didn't get with words and pointed at yourself, "M..Me? What's wrong with me?"

 

"Stop questioning. You will know about it soon." He replied, flashing his smile.

 

---

 

"You're getting married?! Who's that guy?! Where is he?!" Your mom started to get excited when you told her that you were going to get married. Her face brightened to know that soon she would be having son-in-law. You held her hand, "Umma, he's not at here. He's working. But I will bring him over to see you."

 

She smiled, "Are you dating with that handsome doctor?" You shook your head, "No. Someone else."

 

She gasped, "Woobin?!" You almost choked, "Of course not! He's just like my own brother. Not more than that." Your mother seemed frustrated when she kept guessing the wrong person. "Then, who's that lucky guy? Wait, do I know him?"

 

"No, umma. He's someone that you never meet yet." "How come you never introduce any of the guys that you know to me?" She said, almost pouting. You gave a small smile, "I just wanted to make a surprise." You lied. I'm sorry, umma. I have to lie. I can't tell you the truth.

 

"Is he a good-looking guy? Smart? Tall? Rich?" You could only flashed a smile for her. You nodded your head, "Yeah. He is. A good-looking guy, tall, smart and rich enough."

 

Except his bad attitude. He's a jerk, umma.

 

She pulled you into a hug. Too happy to know that soon, her only daughter would be getting married with someone, "I'm happy for you, my dear. At least, I can see you with your wedding dress soon."

 

You bit your cheeks inside, trying hard not to cry, "As long as you're happy, then I'll be feeling the same." You hugged her even moreㅡnot wanting to let her go.

 

"I love you, umma." "I love you too." She said; caressing your back with her tears rolling down on her cheeks.

 

---

 

"WHAT?!" Chorong and Woobin shouted at the same time. You had to tell them to keep calm. "Listen to me first."

 

"Who's that guy?!"  Woobin asked. "Yeah. And we didn’t know that you have a boyfriend."

 

You sighed, "I haven't introduce you to him."

 

Woobin rested his hands on his waist, "Wait, that bastard?! Are you marrying that bastard, Han Hye Joo?!" He almost yelled and you palmed his mouth. Seemed like Woobin and Chorong could detect the truth. They gawked when you nodded.

 

"Are you crazy?! What did he do to you?!" Woobin started to get mad. He hated to know the truth. You pulled both of them to sit, "It's a long story."

 

"Spill it." Chorong said, sternly. You took a deep breathe and told them everything from how Kris told you about the marriage and you agreed with it. You didn't want to tell them that it was going to be a contract marriage but seeing Woobin was going to lose his temper anytime, you decided to tell them.

 

"Why are you doing something like this, Hyejoo? Do you know that you decided something stupid? Getting married with a bastard?!" Woobin glared at you. He was mad and Chorong tried to calm him down. You looked down to the floor, "I'm sorry."

 

"You should tell us about your problem. We can help you to pay for the operation." Chorong interrupted. You shook your head, "No. I don't want to burden both of you again. You guys helped me a lot when I had to struggle paying the house."

 

"We will do anything for you!" Woobin added. You held both of their hands and smiled bitterly, "I know, you want to help me so badly but I think it's the time for me to do something, by myself. I believe that this is the only way to make my mom become healthy like before. I want her health back."

 

"Hyejoo…" Chorong was about to say something but you held her hand; tightly, looking into her eyes, "Please. Don't force me. I know what I'm doing. It's just going to be a contract marriage. Just don't tell my mom about this. She might be sad. I just want her to be happy to see meㅡgetting married."

 

"But what if she knows the truth? She's going to be disappointed, Hyejoo-ah." Woobin stared at you. You shook your head, flashing them a small smile, "She won't know if we keep this matter from her. Please, unnie, oppa. I'm begging to you. Both of you are the only person that could help me."

 

Woobin caressed your head and Chorong held your shoulder, "We will."

 

"And if that guy ever dare do anything bad on you, you better tell me. I'll punch him in the face."

 

You laughed over Woobin's words and he glared at you, "And you, don't you ever think I'm approving this marriage. Because I'm freaking hate that bastard."

 

You sighed, "He's with that 'protective' attitude again."

 

---

 

Yejin was waiting for Kris in the living room with Mrs. Wu. Her face brightened when she saw him as he came back home. "Oppa!" She shouted and went to him. Kris looked at her, raising a brow when she held his arm tightly.

 

"What are youㅡ" "I miss you." She said, cutting his words. "Sorry for being a terrible fiancee before this. I..I can't live without you. Let's get back together." Yejin stared at him, hoping he would say something nice to her. Kris pulled his hand away and chuckled. His mom walked in to see both of them.

 

"I thought you heard me clearly on that time." "Kris.."

 

Kris titled his head, "Listen, there's no way that we're getting back together."

 

"Wu Yifan." His mother called his name, sternly and she crossed her arms across her chest, "What are you saying? She's your fiancee."

 

"EX-fiancee, mom. I told you before that I'm not going to marry Yejin." He shifted his gaze to the young lady, "And you, stop forcing me to marry you. Because I don't love you. I'm sorry."

 

"You're not going anywhere, Yifan. You can't treat her like this." His mother spoke and her eyes were glaring deadly at her son. Kris seemed not to give in meanwhile Yejin stood there, not believing with what Kris said. She wanted to cry. But she held the tears from rolling down.

 

"That's it, mom. Stop forcing me. I'm going to get married with someone else. And I decided it. No matter what you're going to say, I'll bring my future wife soon."

 

"Wu Yifan!" His mother called for him but Kris was being stubborn and didn't care to talk more. He has started to get tired to fight with his mom. She went to Yejin before pulling her into a hug to comfort her. "Shh, don't cry, honey."

 

"What should I do so that he will realize that I love him?" Yejin sobbed. Mrs. Wu caressed her hair, "He will realize it soon, dear. And I won't like that girl, whoever she is."

 

Kris entered his room and loosened his necktie. He slammed himself on the comfy bed before pinching his forehead to think about the problem that he had with Yejin and his mother.

 

I don't care. I need to get married soon so that mom won't be forcing me to marry Yejin. This is my life.

 

Kris thought about you as he realized that both of you needed to prepare with everything; for the marriage, soon. By then, someone crossed in his mind and he knew, that person could help him with the situation.

 

He took his phone and searched for the number in his contacts. He smiled upon hearing the voice, "Hello. Jiejie, I need your help."

 

 

 


 

ANYONE CURIOUS ABOUT THAT 'JIEJIE'? HAHAHA. Anyway, do view my new fic Boy In Luv: DETECTED!