six

Unexpected Marriage [~]

 

 

Only a few days left before the wedding day. You were nervous and too busy since you had to help Kris and at the same time did whatever he told to you in order to make sure everything would become smooth without problems during the wedding. Your mother finally get to be discharged even though she still had to attend a few appointments with the doctor for her health treatment.

 

You even  quit from working with Woobin and Chorong since Kris told you that you would be working as his new secretary once both of you get married and you were going to replace his current secretary, Jiyeon.

 

"Are you sure you're going to work with that brat?" Woobin questioned when you took a sip of your coffee that he made. Chorong sat across with you and her eyes were glued on you and Woobin. You nodded slowly while placing the cup carefully on the table, "Yeah."

 

"What if he has another plan?" Woobin shot another question but Chorong shook her head, gaining his attention, "I don't think so. Oh, come on, oppa. We just found out that her future husband is actually the well-known businessman! He's young and good looking andㅡ"

 

"Are you on that brat's side now, Park Chorong?" Woobin glared. She pouted, "…I'm not."

 

You chortled, "Unnie, he might be the most handsome and well-known young businessman in South Korea, but trust me, nobody knows how that guy can act totally like a jerk."

 

Chorong gasped, "Hyejoo-ah, he's doing that for fun. Besides, you should be lucky to get married with him, working with him. How come I didn't know it's actually Kris Wu that you're going to marry." Chorong clasped her hands together and her eyes sparkled while batting her eyelashes to think about it.

 

Woobin 'tsk'ed, "Don't get blind with his good-looking face. Remember, he's the jerk that told Hyejoo to pay for his damn car." Chorong sighed while rolling her eyes, "You ruined my moment to adore him."

 

"No need to. It's going to be like in hell once we're staying together." You spoke, palming your face and letting out your heavy sigh. Chorong moved to sit beside you and your head, "It's okay. You can rely on me and Woobin."

 

"Yeah, if that brat ever lay his fingers on you, tell me. I know what to do with that guy."

 

"Oppa!" Chorong glared at Woobin. "Whatever. He's still a jerk for what he had done."

 

You chuckled to think how Chorong easily fell for Kris' good looking face and forgot everything that happened between you and him. But you knew, Chorong was a bit mad with Kris for his attitude in treating you badly. You bit your lower lip when his face crossed in your mind.

 

Why do I even agree to marry him? Jerk.

 

 

 

"Kris-ssi, can you tell us about what happened with your engagement?" A reporter asked during a press conference. Reporters and medias started to get curious with the sudden news that Kris would be marrying someone else after ending his engagement with his fiancee, Yejin.

 

His mother and Yejin couldn't accept with it. Mrs. Wu warned him earlier that she wouldn't be involving with anything with the wedding preparations after what Kris had done to his family. Even Yejin's parents get disappointed with his decision; except Suho. Even though Yejin is his step-sister, he knew how Kris refused to marry her. He knew the real reason. Kris just disliked with her attitude and he doesn’t love her like she did.

 

"I'm sorry. I can't tell." Kris answered, politely. Another reporter raised her hand and stood up, "Can you tell us your future wife's name? And maybe tell us a few details about her."

 

Kris cleared his throat, "I'm very sorry. As for now, I won't reveal anything about my future wife. You will see her during our wedding day. She needs some privacy at the moment."

 

Kris explained and answered all of the questions patiently and he knew it was going to be a hot topic after they knew that he would not going to marry Yejin and decided to marry his own choice. He didn't introduce you to his friends since he wasn't ready to tell them the truth about the contract marriage. That was the only way for him to get rid from getting married with someone that he doesn't love.

 

Why do I even choose Hyejoo to marry me when the fact I don't love her too

 

 

---

 

"Full name?"

 

"Wu Yi Fan."

 

"Nicknames?"

 

"Kris, Kevin, BenBen, Duizhang."

 

"Date of birth?"

 

"6th November 1990."

 

"Habit?"

 

"Sleep talks in four different languages, Korean, English, Mandarin, Cantonese."

 

"Favorite sport?"

 

"Basketball."

 

"How long both of you have been in a relationship?"

 

"More than two years."

 

Jia closed her notebook and smiled widely after you answered her questions, "Good. You answered everything correctly." She spoke and handed to you her notebook, "Take it. You need to memorize everything about Kris and his family so that his family will believe that both of you have been knowing each other for a long time."

 

You gasped while flipping through the pages. Kris crossed his arms on a couch as his eyes were glued on you. "Are you kidding me? All of these?" You asked. Jia nodded her head, "Yes, sweetie. Or else, people will get curious between you and Kris. You need to make them believe that both of you are together for real."

 

You saw Kris smirked and you rolled your eyes, "I don't think I can."

 

"You have to." Kris spoke. You stared at him, "Excuse me? You're telling me to memorize everything about you when the fact you don't know anything about me?" You spat.

 

Kris clicked his tongue and stood up from his seat while walking toward you. He signaled his secretary, Jiyeon to start. She nodded and flipped the first page of her notebook.

 

"Full name?"

 

"Han Hye Joo."

 

"Date and place of birth?"

 

"15th October 1992. Born in Incheon."

 

"Favorite colors?"

 

"Blue and pink."

 

"Facts about her?"

 

"Has been staying with her mother ever since she was still a kid. Has two best friends, Kim Woobin and Park Chorong."

 

And he kept answering all of the questions about you correctly and you gawked to hear it. He knew almost everything about you and you didn’t have any ideas when he managed to memorize about it. You sighed when he finished answering the questions. He smirked, "I know everything and memorized it very well. So, you can't say no."

 

You scrunched your nose, "Whatever." Kris crossed his arms and glared at you deadly. Jia eyed you when you forgot how to sit properly on a chair. You saw it and quickly sat properly like she taught you before.

 

"Listen. We're going to get married soon and you need to be serious with this. The reporters might be asking you everything about me and you have to answer it without any mistakes."

 

You sighed.

 

"And we need to prove to everyone that we've been together for real. Don’t worry. Jia and Jiyeon won't reveal anything about you. Even your status. Nobody will know that you're not from a wealthy family."

 

You looked up at the tall guy and held the notebook that contained his information; firmly. You raised a brow and smirked, "Alright then. Since you said so." You spoke. Kris chortled before you left to the other side to be alone and memorize it. Jia smiled, "Seems like she's a bit stubborn, uh?"

 

Kris clicked his tongue, "Obviously, jiejie."

 

 

 

---

 

 

Finally, it was the day that you were going to change your status from being single to a married woman. You took a deep breathe as you stood in front of the mirror once you had done with everything. You looked at yourself in the mirror. The white wedding dress suited with you very well.

 

Your face doesn’t show that you loved with what you saw. Looking at yourself with a beautiful wedding dress with some make ups on your face. Your hands were sweating a lot, thinking for such a ridiculous decision that you've ever made in your life.

 

You closed your eyes and your mother's face appeared.

 

Remember, Hye Joo. You're doing this for the sake of your mother. She wants to see you getting married, looking her daughter wearing this white wedding dress. She's the only family that you have in this world. After all, it's just a contract marriage for three months. Once you get enough money for your mother, then you'll be ending this contract marriage.

 

You opened your eyes when Jia's voice was heard in the room. "Hyejoo, someone is here to see you." She said before you saw your mother entered the room with Woobin and Chorong. They looked perfect with their outfits for your wedding day. You couldn’t hold your tears anymore and hugged your mother tightly.

 

"Umma…" You spoke. She chuckled and rubbed your back, "I'm happy for you, my dear. I can't believe that you're going to get married." She pulled away and your cheeks. You bit your cheeks inside, not wanting to cry even more.

 

"Don't ruin the make ups, sweetie." Jia interrupted, handing tissues for you and your mother. You chortled before looking at your mother again. "Umma, I'm sorry." That was the only words you could say when you pulled her again into a hug. Tears rolled down on your cheeks to think that you had to lie your mother about the contract marriage.

 

Woobin and Chorong watched the scene and knew exactly what you meant with your words. Your mother laughed, "Aish, why are you saying sorry on your wedding day? You're not doing anything wrong. You're going to get married and it's something you should be happy." She patted your cheeks and kissed your forehead.

 

"Remember, you're going to start your new life as a wife. Seeing you getting married is enough for me. Even if I have to die tomorrowㅡ"

 

"Umma, don't say something like that." You cut off her words. She held your hands and nodded, "I'm too happy for you. This is the thing that I've been waiting for."

 

Finally, her tears rolled down on her cheeks as she hugged you again. You didn’t want to let her go. You just wanted to hug her forever and told her that everything was just a lie. But you couldn’t.

 

I'm sorry, umma. I just want you to be happy. I'd rather sacrifice myself marrying him if that's the only way for me to make you stay by my side forever. I'm promise, we'll be happy like before and you're going to get healthy like you used to be.

 

Chorong sniffed and wiped her tears at the corner of her eyes after watched both of you. Woobin remained like a statue beside her and carved a smile when you looked at him.

 

"Hyejoo, you better go now." Woobin spoke. You knew exactly what he meant and you nodded your head. He reached out his hand before you held his hand. Both of you walked out from the room and by that time, you knew that it was the time for you to get married. You bit your lip as you walked with Woobin and he tried to smile though it looked fake.

 

"…Oppa." You called.

 

"Hm?"

 

"I'm sorry."

 

"Keep that sorry, Hyejoo-ah."

 

"I know I'm wrong for doing this."

 

Woobin stopped and turned his head to look at you. His lips curled upwards and he caressed your hand softly, "It's okay. Don't think about it. Today is your day. Put on a smile on your face."

 

"Butㅡ"

 

"Don't worry. Whatever is your decision, I'll support it. I know you very well, Hyejoo. And you're doing this for your mom." He said. You carved a small smile for him and held his hand firmly, "Thanks, oppa."

 

Woobin glanced at you and smiled slightly. You're like my own sister. And I'm here to protect you from anything. It's okay, Hyejoo. I know  you can handle this. I believe in you.

 

Just when you and Woobin reached at the door, you saw all eyes were darted on you and they gawked to see you were looking like an angel with the wedding dress. You saw Kris was waiting for you and a smile appeared on his face. You bit your lip as you walked carefully with Woobin, not wanting to step on your wedding dress with your high heels.

 

"Oh my God, she's pretty."

 

"Kris chose the right woman to be his life partner."

 

"She's looking beautiful with that wedding dress."

 

"I think they look good together."

 

You heard those words from the people who came on your wedding day. A smile was carved on your face and you tried your best to smile, though deep in your heart, you wanted to stop the marriage.

 

You remembered everything that you learned Jia before the wedding day. The way how to walk, the way how to talk with people around you and how to act like a lady from a wealthy family. Kris did bought a lot of new branded clothes for your mother so that she wouldn’t have to wear the old ones. You just hated it when he spent his money for it. But you couldn’t say anything since you had to follow his orders. Your mom needed to act like a rich lady though, especially on your wedding day.

 

 

Time has passed and you realized that finally you were announced as Kris' official wife. It was the moment for both of you to exchange the wedding rings and the most important thing, it was the time when Kris had to kiss you.

 

On the lips. Damn it.

 

You slipped the wedding ring to his finger before he did the same to you. Just when both of you had done exchanging the rings, you heard the guests cheered for him to kiss. You bit your cheeks inside. Pftt, can they stop cheering for something like this?

 

You glanced at your mother. She was pointing at her lips, signaling you to kiss your husband. You bit your lip. Aish, umma is asking for the same thing. I can't let this jerk steal my first kiss just like that. No way! We made an agreement.

 

You saw Woobin wasn't plastering a smile and Chorong just smiled slightly. You knew that both of them understood with your current situation. Then, your eyes darted to Kris' parents. His father seemed couldn't wait for the moment meanwhile his mother stared at you and his son, more like a death stare. You didn't see Yejin in your sight and you guessed that she refused to attend the wedding.

 

You shifted your attention back to Kris. You took a deep breathe, "I swear, this is not the best thing in my life." You whispered.

 

"Shut up. They're waiting for us. Don't make them feel disappointed." He smirked. You glared at him, "Don't you ever dare do that on me. I warn you. I'm not going to let youㅡ"

 

Just before you could finish your words, you felt something soft landed on your forehead. It was Kris' lips. He kissed on your forehead instead your lips. You bit your cheeks inside and closed your eyes. You heard the guests cheered and clapped their hands with the scene. Can they stop cheering? Psh.

 

Kris pulled away and smiled slightly, more like a smirk, "Next time, don't make bad thoughts on me."

 

You pursed your lips, "Jerk." He chortled, "Well, you have to admit from now on that this jerk is your official husband."

 

Your rolled your eyes, "I won't. Keep that in your mind."

 

"Aw, baby. You're so sweet. I can't wait for tonight." He winked as his arm found it's way to wrap around your waist and pulled you closer to him. You gasped, "Yah, stop saying such of things like that, idiot. Remember our agreement and the rules."

 

"Yeah, whatever." Kris' words annoyed you and you bit your lip hardly, grasping your hand. I'm going to make you regret for marrying me, Wu Yi Fan.

 

 

You entertained the guests that came  and thanked them for coming. You tried to find Kris but he was nowhere to be found. You saw your mother was talking to a few guests and she seemed so happy to chat with them. You decided not to disturb her and turned your head to find Kris.

 

"Mrs. Wu, it's nice to meet you. Finally, we're familyㅡ" Kris' mother looked at your mother up and down and smirked, "Family?"

 

Your mother knew that she doesn't like with his son's decision to marry you. She smiled for her, again, "I'm sorry. Anyways, I'm glad that you're willing to accept my daughter in your family."

 

Mrs. Wu chuckled at her words and crossed her arms, "Who says? Your daughter made my sonㅡ" She couldn’t continue her words when Mr. Wu came and held her hand, "Honey, why you're saying something like that? Hyejoo is married to our son. She's our daughter-in-law."

 

She rolled her eyes, "Your daughter-in-law. Not mine." She spat before leaving her husband and your mother.

 

Mr. Wu saw that your mother tried to keep calm and put on a smile. He bowed, "I'm sorry on her behalf. She's still shocked with what happened between Kris and his ex-fiancee."

 

Your mother shook her head, "It's okay. I understood. She needs time to accept it." Your  mother spoke and excused herself to go to the other side.

 

 

You saw Kris at the corner of the hall as he was talking to a few guys. You held your dress and walked carefully toward him. One of his friends saw you were heading to them and by that time, the others shifted their attentions to you, making you to stop. Uh-oh, why are they staring at me like this?

 

"Baby, come here." He called you and you pursed your lips. His friends chuckled, "Kris, do you need to act like that in front all of us?" A guy with puffy cheeks spoke.

 

Kris' arm was wrapped around your waist and pulled you closer to him, "Who cares? He's my official wife."

 

"Wow, I never thought that Kris is married to someone else. I thought Yejin was going to be his wife." Another tall guy with deep voice interrupted. You had to admit that they were so good-looking. Why are they so good looking? Like…wow!

 

"Guys, this is my wife, Han Hye Joo. Be nice to her." Kris introduced you to his friends. They grinned as their eyes landed on you.

 

"Hello, my name is Kim Minseok. I'm Korean but people call me Xiumin." The guy with puffy cheeks introduced himself first.

 

"You must be older than me! I'm gonna call you 'noona'. I'm Oh Sehun. Call me Sehun. I'm a bubble tea lover. Let's go out next time and have bubble tea together." Another one said, grinning.

 

"I'm Kim Jongdae. Call me Chen. The Chensing Machine."

 

"Hi! Nice to meet you, Hyejoo-ssi. We have the same age. I'm Park Chanyeol. Just call me Chanyeol." A guy with cute face and deep voice said.

 

Then, a guy that has flower boy look bowed, "I'm Lu Han."

 

You smiled. Then another one with big eyes smiled at you while bowing, "I'm Do Kyungsoo. Just D.O for short."

 

"I'm Kim Jongin but you can call me Kai, noona." He plastered a smile for you. You loved to see his face and you admitted that he looked handsome. You nodded your head, "Arraseo."

 

"I'm Zhang Yixing. Call me Lay. I'm a year older than you. Nice to meet you, Hyejoo-ssi." He bowed and flashed his dimple smile. You adored his dimple and it looked adorable. Cute.

 

"Hi, Hyejoo! We can be good friends! I'm Byun Baekhyun. Just call me Baekhyun." Another one said as he smiled widely at you, looking excited. You laughed and nodded your head, "Yes, Baekhyun."

 

And your eyes stopped at the last one with his sharp eyes. He was staring at you up and down. You felt a bit weird and frowned. What's wrong with this him? Do I look weird?

 

"Tao! Introduce yourself to her!" Luhan said. Tao sighed and looked at you sharply, "I'm Huang Zitao. Tao for short. By the way, don't mess with my duizhang or hurt him. If I know about it, I'm going to smack you with my precious Gucci bag." You were a bit shocked with his words. Tao earned a smack on his head from D.O, "Yah! She's older than you. Call her noona."

 

"What? She took my duizhang away!" Tao whined. You frowned. Okay, is he Kris' gay partner before this?

 

Kris sighed, "Don't mind him. And if you ever think we're gay, let me tell you that WE'RE NOT." Kris said to you before you started to make any bad thoughts. You just shrugged, "I already thought in that way."

 

"Yah!" Tao looked at you and Baekhyun twisted his ear, "Do you want me to tell to your beloved 'umma' for your behavior?"

 

"Ow! Ow! Hyung, it's hurt!" Tao winced in pain and rubbed his ear when Baekhyun stopped twisting his ear. You couldn’t help but laugh with his friends. "I'm going to tell Suho hyung that you twisted my ear."

 

His words made you to stop laughing. Suho?

 

"Talking about Suho, where is he?" Lay asked. Xiumin took a sip of his drink, "He said he left to the restroom. He will be back later."

 

By then, Chanyeol's eyes caught someone in his sight and he pointed at the person. "Oh, Suho hyung! Come here and meet with Hyejoo!" He called. His voice made you and the others turned to look at him.

 

By that time, you gasped upon seeing him in your sight. As he walked closer to you, you gawked. Completely shocked with what you saw.

 

"S..Sunbae?" The word escaped from your lips.

 

Suho looked at you and a smile was carved on his face, "It's nice to see you again, Hyejoo-ah."

 

Everyone was dumbfounded with the situation between you and Suho, including Kris.

 

Oh man, don't tell me they know each other earlier than me?

 

 

 


 

Long chapter! Hahaha. Finally, marriage life has started! <3