five

Unexpected Marriage [~]

 

Your mother was excited to wait until the day that you would get married. Even, she started to have appetite to eat more and that made you to feel elated upon seeing your mother being in that way. You knew that agreeing for the contract marriage might be the only way to make your mother feel better.

 

"Hyejoo-ah, you should bring your future husband! I haven't see him!" She complained when she was sitting on the white bed, with her eyes staring at you. You smiled slightly, "I..I will. He's busy at the moment and I'll try to bring him soon." You said. You promised your mother that you would bring Kris to meet her in the hospital and you texted him in the morning about it. You sighed to think that you had to lie and pretend like it wasn't a contract marriage.

 

You helped to massage your mother's hand before someone opened the door, making you gawked.

 

"K-Kris.." You saw him entering the ward with a smile plastered on his face. His hands were holding a few paper bags and he bowed, "Annyeonghaseyo, Ms. Choi. I'm Wu Yifan, your future son-in-law." He bowed and introduced himself to your mother.

 

She was completely shocked to see a good-looking guy standing in the ward. She gasped and turned to look at you, "Oh my God, t-this boy is going to be your husband?!" You furrowed your eyebrows and nodded your head slowly, "Y..Yeah."

 

Kris smiled, "It's good to see you, ma'am. Sorry for not being able to visit you. And the sudden news that we're going to get married." Kris spoke. You bit your cheeks inside and glared at him. His smile wasn't fading from his face when he looked at your mother who seemed so excited to see him in her sight.

 

She pulled Kris to sit on the bed and held Kris' cheek, causing your eyes were wide-opened with her action.

 

Okay, what the heck is my mom doing on this jerk? Did Kris cast a spell on my mom now?

 

"..I-I can't believe it. I..I never thought my daughter is going to marry you, Kris." She looked so happy and Kris grinned, not knowing what to say. You frowned, "And how can she knows his nickname?"

 

"Umma, i..is there anything wrong?" You asked, raising a brow. Your mother turned her head to look at you before smacking right on your arm. You groaned in pain, "Umma, that's hurt!"

 

"How could you keep this matter from me?! You've been dating with the well-known guy secretly without telling to your mom." She spoke.

 

You gasped, "What?"

 

"Kris is the well-known guy since he's one of the successful business man. He appeared in magazines and news all the time. You don't even know that?"

 

You couldn't say no over her words or she would be feeling weird with your answer. Your eyes landed on Kris, signaling him to help you but he just gave you a slight smile. More like a smirk.

 

So this jerk is actually a well-known businessman and I don't even know about it? Wow, you're so weird, Hyejoo.

 

"O-Of course not. I knew him from the first time we met." You lied. Kris flashed a smile for your mother and held her hand, "I'm sorry for not telling you about this matter, ma'am. I just want to make her feel safe from the reporters. At least, both of you can have some privacy until we get married." Kris explained. You were rolling your eyes when your mother focused on him.  He's such a liar! Tch.

 

"It's okay, son. I still can't believe that you're going to marry Hyejoo though we're poor." Kris shook his head over you mother's words and caressed her hand, "Don't mention it. I'm promise that I'll treat her very well when we get married, ma'am."

 

You felt like to puke right on that time when you heard his words but you faked a smile for your mom. She grinned widely and said, "You better call me 'ommonim' from now on, son." She patted Kris' head like a puppy and you stood there, letting out a small sigh. Kris nodded, "Yes, ommonim." He picked the paper bags on put it on a table, "I brought you some gifts and I hope you'll like it."

 

Your mother smiled of joy as she walked to the table and draw out the gifts from the paper bags. There were a few clothes for your mother and he did buy some fruits. You pressed your lips together as you watched the scene between both of them.

 

Seriously, he bought those things for her? He's really something. He keep forcing me to pay that damn car but in the end, he brought her gifts. Jerk will always be a jerk.

 

"You're lucky to have him, my dear." Your mother giggled and she continued talking with Kris. You had to carve a smile for her. It seemed like your mother liked him a lot and you couldn't say anything about him.

 

Kris cleared his throat, "Em, ommonim, do you mind if I bring Hyejoo out for awhile?"

 

You almost choked with it and you felt two pairs of eyes were glued on you. You bit your lip and wondered about the sudden plan that he said.

 

"I-I.." You stammered. Your mother's lips curled upwards, "Sure. You can bring her and both of you better enjoy the time together." She replied, giving the permission. You mentally palmed yourself because of the reply. You wanted to get rid from spending your time with Kris. Too bad, you couldn't.

 

"Thanks, ommonim. I'll take care of her," Kris said and gazed at you, "Let's go, honey. We have a lot of things to do for our wedding preparations." He called. You wanted to shove a carrot at his throat for calling you 'honey' in front of you mother but she seemed to like it. But you had no choice instead to pretend that you were okay with it, "Y-Yeah."

 

Kris gripped your wrist and both of you bid your goodbyes to your mother. She breathed sigh of relief when you left the ward with Kris. "I'm glad she's going to marry that guy."

 

You yanked your hand when you were away from the ward, glaring deadly at Kris. He raised a brow, "What?"

 

"I'm not going with you." You spat. He chortled, "Girl, you have to; no matter how much you refuse to."

 

"Dude, why should I?" "Because we need to prepare for our wedding, dimwit."

 

You gasped, "So? Just do it by yourself." Kris looked at you, "I'm serious. There's a lot of things we need to do. And you need to change your style."

 

"What?" Kris crossed his arms across his chest, "I can't bring you to meet my parents like this. You have to learn and change everything from head to toe. You're going to marry a well-known businessman, Han Hye Joo."

 

You chuckled, "Whatever." Kris heard some of the people in the hospital gasped and whispered when they saw him.

 

"Oh dear, is that Wu Yifan? The good-looking and well-known businessman?"

 

"It's him!" "What is he doing with that girl? Who is she?"

 

You heard the words from them very well and rolled your eyes. Kris sighed before gripping your wrist and brought you to his car. It was his another car when the other one was damaged; because of you.

 

"Wait, whatㅡ" You didn't get to finish your words when Kris opened the car door for you and pushed your head to hop in the car. "You bastardㅡ" "Shut up or I'll kiss you." His words managed to make you shut your mouth and he quickly closed the door. He headed to the driver side and hopped in; hurriedly starting the engine and drove the car.

 

You were being quiet in the car, not uttering a word. Kris' left hand was gripping the steering as his right hand kept tapping on his thigh. You turned your head, "I thought you have one damn car."

 

"I have two cars." He replied. You 'tsk'-ed, "Yeah, I forgot that you're rich enough to buy CARS." You highlighted the words purposely, only to earn soft chuckle from him, "I know. But, I'm not that greedy for cars."

 

"Whatever." You crossed your arms and looked out through the window. By then, you heard Kris was talking to someone on the phone and you were sure that he was speaking in other language that you couldn't understand. It was in Chinese.

 

"Jiejie, I'm on my way to bring her."

 

"Yes, we'll meet you later."

 

"No, please don't tell about this to my mom. I need to make a surprise once I'm done with this girl."

 

You titled your head, "Did you speak in Chinese just now?" Kris nodded when he turned the steering to the right, "Why?"

 

"Why you're not talking in Korean?" Suddenly, your mind thought about something and you gasped, "Oh no! Are you trying to bring me somewhere and plan to me?!" You shrieked. Kris agaped, "W-What?! Of course not!"

 

"Yah! I knew it! You must be planning something! A guy like you shouldn't exist in this world! I'm going to punch you in the face and call the police so they will lock you in the jail!" You smacked his arm many times, making him to protect himself from being hit even more. He had no choice unless stepped on the brake, caused the car to stop all of sudden. You were almost hit the dashboard.

 

You hissed, "You wanted to kill me now?!" You yelled and Kris poked your head, "Dimwit, I wasn't trying to kill nor you! I was talking to someone just now about our wedding preparations!"

 

"And who the hell is that 'someone'?!" You glared at him.

 

"She's my cousin! I can call her now so you can talk with her to know the truth!" Kris spat. You gulped, "I.."

 

"Lost of words? Next time, stop accusing bad things on me." Kris glared at you before driving the car back on the road. You shut your mouth and took a glance at his face. You played with your fingers like a child and bit your lip, not knowing what to do. If he was telling the truth, you were going to be embarrassed. Damn it, Hyejoo.

 

 

---

 

Yejin threw her phone on a couch as she called Kris many times but he rejected it. She sighed, "So, you're ignoring me now, Kris? And you're being serious about marrying another woman?"

 

"Ahjumma! Bring me a glass of orange juice!" She ordered one of the maids that passed by the living room. The maid nodded and hurriedly went to the kitchen. She leaned against the couch before her eyes were glued on someone.

 

"Wait!" She called as she dragged her legs; walking closely to him. He smiled, "Yejin-ah, I thought you're sleeping."

 

She chortled, "Oppa, what's happening with your best friend?" He frowned, "Which best friend you're talking about? I have many friends, Yejin." She rolled her eyes, "No one else, Kris."

 

He grinned, "Spending his time in his office to complete his job. Why?"

 

"Kim Joon Myeon, I know that you must be talking to him these past few days. And you can still give me that grin when the fact he broke up with me because of another woman which I don't have any idea who is she!" She almost yelled with her arms were crossed across her chest. Suho chuckled as his eyes were glued on his step-sister, "We did talk last few days, for your information. But let me say something. You don’t have any rights to hold the engagement when he's not loving you."

 

"Who cares? We've been knowing each other ever since I was a kid."

 

Suho sighed, "It's different. Do you think that you'll be happy if you force him to marry you?" "I'm pretty sure about that."

 

"Well, I don't think you will since he won't be able love you like you did. Give up, Yejin. You can't force him. Let him decide for his own happiness." Suho was about to go upstairs but Yejin gritted her teeth and stopped him, "So, you're willing to see your step-sister being treated in this way? By your own best friend?!"

 

He chortled, "I'm sorry, Yejin. I don't have any rights to force Kris to marry you. I'm tired. And I'm not in the mood to fight with you. You will never listen to me. Besides, I'm just your step-brother." He said before leaving Yejin who was holding her anger as she grasped both of her hands.

 

What a useless step-brother! Not even care to help me at all.

 

---

 

Kris parked his car and stopped the engine. You saw him alighted from the car and you quickly did the same. You frowned as you wondered where were you on that time. You had no ideas except waiting for Kris to explain.

 

"We're going to meet my cousin since she knows what's the best for you." He said but you felt scared to get into the building. He held your shoulder firmly, "Don't worry, she's nice." He assured you with his words and both of you entered the building.

 

Your eyes were wandering around; viewing the interior designs of the building. Kris' lips formed a smile when he saw his cousin coming.

 

"Jiejie!" He called, making you to shift your attention on the pretty lady with a sweet smile was carved on her face. She looked beautiful.

 

"Kris!" She said and both of them hugged. You were standing there like a statue, feeling awkward since you didn’t know what to do. Only to watch them.

 

"Sorry for being late," Kris apologized and turning his head to you, "And this is Han Hye Joo, the one that I told yesterday."

 

You frowned after hearing his words. Was he talking about me yesterday?!

 

"Hi, I'm Jia, Kris' cousin. Nice to meet you." She introduced herself as she smiled sweetly at you. Your lips curled upwards and shook your hand with hers, "I'm Han Hye Joo. Nice to meet you too, Jia-ssi."

 

Does their fathers' made from gold? How can they be so good-looking like this? Wait, Kris isn't that good-looking with that attitude.

 

She clasped her hands, "So, should we proceed with your plans, Kris?" You furrowed your eyebrows; still not understanding with what they were talking about. Kris smirked and slung his arm over your shoulders, "Of course, jiejie. Just make sure you can turn change her to a beautiful lady." He clicked his tongue before winking at you. You rolled your eyes. Tch.

 

"Come on, Hyejoo-ssi. You'll be with me for a few hours," Jia held your hand and gazed at her cousin, "And Kris, don't worry because you can count on me." Kris gave her thumbs up and nodding his head, "Take your time, jiejie."

 

You were dragged to somewhere and you stopped in a room with a few workers waited in the room. Jia smiled widely, "Don't worry, sweetie. They will be doing everything for you."

 

You couldn't say anything or protest when one of them held your hand, "So, miss, let's start with the dress~" She chimed as she led you to another room that was filled with many elegant and beautiful dresses. You agaped when you saw it and the staff dragged you to try the dresses that she picked for you.

 

"So, you have to try all of these and let's see which one suits you the best!" She patted your shoulder softly with a smile carved on her face. You weren't able to say anything and realized that she pushed you into one of the changing rooms. You rolled your eyes and sighed heavily, "And I need to spend my time over these things." You looked at the dresses in your hand, shrugging and decided to try it.

 

It took almost an hour to pick the best dress for you and you started to get annoyed with the staff when she kept telling you to change until she satisfied. I guess I'm going to repeat this until midnight!

 

You wore the last dress; a light green dress with laces decorated on it. It wasn't revealing your skin that much on your upper body. It looked perfect on you. The staff clasped her hands and grinned widely, nodding her head, "This is the best dress that suits you!" She said. You breathed sigh of relief, "Finally."

 

Then, another staff brought you into another room. She let you to sit on a chair; facing a big mirror and you saw Jia came in as you saw her in the mirror. She smiled, "Nice dress." "Thanks."

 

"Now, they're going to put on some make ups and change your hairstyle." Jia held your shoulders with her smile; assuring you that everything would be alright. You nodded your head before she left the room and soon, two staffs stood behind you. "Don't worry, sweetie. We won't cut your hair. We're going to change your hairstyle and proceed with the make ups later." She winked and held her tools. You bit your bottom lip and didn't utter a word, letting them to do everything.

 

It took about one hour and half before everything settled. One of the staffs held your shoulders firmly and your hair for the last touch. She smiled, "Hyejoo-ssi, you can open your eyes."

 

You opened your eyes slowly, only to see yourself in the mirror. You looked different than before; with some make ups, new hair style that suited your look perfectly. You gawked, "…W-Wow. Amazing.." That was what you could say on that time. She smiled, "Of course. And from now on, you should remain with this tyle because you're looking great and gorgeous." She complimented, gaining nods from her friends. You smiled, "Thanks."

 

And by that time, Jia entered the room, showing a bright smile for you, "You're looking great!"

 

"Thanks." She nodded, "No problem. This is just the beginning to change your style. You know, Kris told me to help you with this. Soon, on your wedding day, I'll be handling this again. And you're going to look way more gorgeous than this!" Jia said. You chuckled at her words. I wonder why did Kris ask her to do this on me. Do I look really bad with my old style? Psh. That brat is weird.

 

"Come on. Let's go and meet your future husband." Jia chimed as she pulled your hand, bringing you out from the room to meet Kris at the outside. You walked carefully with the high heels and headed out with Jia. You saw Kris was sitting on the couch, gawking to see you in his sight.

 

"Woah! Amazing! Beautiful!" Kris said, only to make you hung your head low and blushed. Jia slung her arm around your shoulder and flashed her smile to her cousin, "Be thankful that I'm willing to help you, Kris."

 

"Yeah, thanks jiejie. I'll treat you lunch next time." She chortled, "I'm so lucky to have a cousin like you, Kris." She turned her head to look at you, "And you better stick with this style from now on. No more ripped jeans and or shirt that will hide your beauty. You're going to marry a successful businessman, sweetie."

 

"I..I-" Kris pulled you to stand beside him and he plastered a smile for you, "Don't worry, jiejie. I'll make sure that she'll be learning how to dress up from you. I'm counting on you." He winked. Jia gave him thumbs up, "Sure. And I hope my beloved aunt will approve your marriage." She replied. Kris ruffled your hair, "She will once she's seeing this pretty lady." You brushed his hand off from touching your hair and glared at him.

 

Kris mouthed something to Jia; telling her that he was going to leave. He quickly dragged you out from there. "Good luck!" She grinned while shaking her head.

 

---

 

"Where are we going? Why did you send me there?" You shot him with questions when he was driving. Kris took a glance at you and smiled, "Because you're going to meet someone and that's the reason why I sent you to meet my cousin. That boutique belongs to Jia's mother so I'm asking for her help to change your style."

 

"But why? Who's that someone? Oh, Kris, can you stop making me curious and keep dragging me everywhere like a pet?"

 

Kris patted your head and you brushed his hand harshly, only to hear him chuckled, "I'm bringing you to meet my mom. Now stop questioning me."

 

You gasped, "Y-Your mom?! Kris, are you nuts?! What ifㅡ" "Just follow my plans." Kris said, sternly. You leaned against the seat and scrunched your nose, "Fine!"

 

Both of you arrived at Kris' mansion and your jaw dropped when your eyes wandered around the place. You gulped. Damn, they're totally rich to have this mansion and it's twenty times larger than my house.

 

"Are you going to view everything until midnight, miss?" Kris snapped you back to the reality. You blinked your eyes and shook your head. Kris landed his eyes on you, "Remember what did I say earlier. Relax and just answer her questions based on what I told you in the car. Arraso?" You nodded your head like a little kid obeying his father's word. Kris smiled, "Good." Before continued to hold your hand tightly, "And feel awkward and act like we're a loving couple for real."

 

You gulped and nodded again. He opened the door and both of you entered the mansion. Your eyes tried to take a glance; looking the interior designs of his mansion. You couldn't say anything as you were too amazed with the view. Kris brought you to the living room and you could hear laughter filling in that living room. Your heart was shaking, scared to meet his mother. You took a deep breathe and your hands were sweating. Kris held it tightly and looked at you, giving a smile to assure you that everything would be alright.

 

As both of you entered the living room, your eyes caught two women sitting on a couch while laughing over something funny. They stopped when they saw both of you, standing there.

 

Kris smiled, "Hello, mom, Yejin." He said, looking calm. You saw a woman looked at you and Kris; and you could tell that she wasn't liking to see you in that mansionㅡholding Kris' hand. You could guess that she's Kris' mother so you just plastered a smile for them. Meanwhile, Yejin glared at you, sharply. She felt like her heart broke when she saw Kris' held your hand tightly. She grasped her hands.

 

"Who's that, Kris?" His mother asked. Kris brought you to stand closer to his mom when she stood up. "This is Han Hye Joo, my future wife."

 

You bowed, "Annyeonghaseyo, Mrs. Wu. I'm Han Hye Joo. Nice to meet you." She chortled and looked at you up and down, "Future wife? Wow."

 

"Yes, mom. Like I said, I'll be marrying her. We've been together for two years." Kris spoke. His mother raised a brow and stared at both of you, "Sit down."

 

You and Kris obeyed her words and sat on the couch. You felt someone glared at you and you knew, it was a glare from the lady who sat across with you. You thought that she might be Kris' sister. You tried your best to smile for his mother and the lady.

 

"Seems like you're doing it for real." Mrs. Wu said, crossing her arms across her chest. Kris' hand was still holding your hand; tightly. "Yes. And I'm bringing her here to tell you that we're going to marry you no matter what happens."

 

"You're not going to listen to your mom now, Yifan?" She glared. Kris sighed, "Momㅡ"

 

"And you can still talk about marrying someone that I don't know when the fact your fiancee is here, sitting beside me?!" She added. You were completely shocked to hear her words. F-Fiancee? So, he's engaged?!

 

"Mom, she's just my ex-fiancee and we're no longer together." "Whatever, Yifan." She replied. Yejin could only watch the scene, not bothering to interrupt. But her eyes were glaring at you, as if she could kill you with her glare.

 

"How old are you? Do you know my son more than Yejin? Are you from a wealthy family?" His mother shot you with many questions. You gulped and tried your best to look calm. You looked at the elegant lady and flashed a smile, "I'll be turning to twenty-two. Yes, I am. We've been together for a long time, ma'am. And…yeah, I'm from a wealthy family." You lied after the first question.

 

She smirked, "I guess, not as rich as Yejin. Or maybe more than her family." Yejin's lips formed a slight smile, "Kris, you should find a woman better than me."

 

Kris glared, "Shut up, Yejin. This is none of your business." "Yifan!" His mother stared at him. Kris let out a heavy sigh, "That's it, mom. I should realize that you will never agree with my decision. Why? Because you only want to see me marrying Yejin. This is my choice. Besides, dad will surely agree with me."

 

"Wu Yifan, how could you say something like this?!" She yelled. Kris stood up and pulled you, "We'll be getting married. I'm sorry, mom. But I have to do this." Kris left them in the living room, dragging you. His mother bit her lip and sighed, "That kid!"

 

"Gwenchana, ommonim. I bet, he won't be happy with her. I'm way much better than that woman." Mrs. Wu smiled when she heard Yejin said those words. She her hair, "This is why I love you, dear."

 

You followed Kris before meeting someone at the main door. Kris smiled, "Dad.."

 

"Oh, Kris, you're home?" Kris nodded, "Yeah, I'm here to introduce my future wife to mom. And you." Kris said as his eyes landed on you. You quickly bowed when your eyes looked at his father, "Annyeoghaseyo, Mr. Wu. I'm Han Hye Joo. Nice to meet you."

 

He chuckled, "How can you have such a great taste, my son? She's so pretty!" He spoke. "Nice to meet you too, young lady." You smiled. At least, his father doesn't look scary like his mother.

 

"Unfortunately, it seems like mom dislikes her." Mr. Wu frowned, "Why would she dislike someone pretty like her?" He patted your shoulder and then, Kris's shoulderㅡgiving a smile, "Don't worry. Though your mom disagree with your decision, I'll still agree with you, son. You can ask for my help."

 

Kris grinned, "Thanks, dad." "No problem. And oh, maybe you should bring her to have dinner together. And for the wedding preparations, I'll discuss with your mom and persuade her."

 

Kris nodded, "Thanks again, dad!" He carved a smile, "Sure. I'll get in now. See you later."

 

You bowed at him before he left. Kris' smile was wide upon hearing his father's words. You glared at him deadly as you crossed your arms across your chest. Kris raised a brow, "What?"

 

"Send me home. NOW!"

 

He groaned, "Whatever."

 

 

 


 

So, i'm trying my best to update my fics and most of it has Kris as the main character. With the shocking issue, i wasn't in the mood to update in the past few days. but then, i think that i should just continue updating. and i'll wait for kris' to speak and clear everything. at this moment, i'm hoping that exo stans will keep supporting him and the other members. stop bashing kris since we don't know the real thing that is happening. let's hope everything will be alright. TT_TT #WeBelieveInYouKris