one

Unexpected Marriage [~]

 

 

It was a bright day and it seemed like there were a lot of customers came to the fast food restaurant where you were working, to eat. You knew, it was weekend and you  were used with it though you knew that weekends made you to be so busy, taking your customers' orders.

 

But you never say anything about it and enjoyed with your work. As long as you were able enough to help your mother to gain some money.

 

"Hye Joo-ssi, please deliver these foods to them! Make it quick!" The manager of the restaurant said to you when you were busy wiping the plates and glasses in the kitchen.

 

"Ah, yes, sir. I'll do that." You obeyed before placing the plates and glasses back on the right place. You took off your apron and grabbed a cap and a jacket to do the delivery. It was a quick change. Just in a few seconds, you completed in a red jacket with a black cap.

 

You took the foods that needed to be delivered and hurriedly went to a scooter. Without thinking much, you rode a scooter and left the restaurant to deliver the orders.

 

They might think it's a tough job for a girl like you but you never think about it. As long as you could gain some money for your mother, then it would be okay. You knew, your mother couldn't gain any money for both of you due to her conditionㅡgetting old, day by day.

 

Your father has left you and your mother for another womanㅡever since you were still a kid.

 

You didn't know how does it feel to get the love from someone called 'father'.

 

You've never see him until you grew up. But it doesn't matter for you because you knew, he could forget you and your mother after he left for another woman. You just didn't want to remember about him. Though you really wished to have him again in your life. Still, it might be hard for you to accept him again as your father.

 

As you were riding the scooter, you realized that the brake wasn't functioning.

 

"Oh no! W-What's happening with the brake?!" You started to get panic before losing your balance and fall from your scooterㅡleaving it to hit a car that was parked on the side of the road.

 

And it was not a car like what you thought.

 

It was an expensive car. A black Maserati.

 

"Damn! I'm dead." You said to yourself, not realizing that your knee and elbow were bleeding after falling off from the scooter. You quickly stood up before seeing the owner of the car alighted from his car.

 

And you could read his character just by seeing his cold-looking face. You went to him when he was checking his car. It was damagedㅡquite a lot.

 

"Erm, sorry, sir. I didn't mean to hit it." You apologized while holding your injured elbow. He glared at you, "Sorry? Are you blind? Did you even know how to ride your scooter?!"

 

You bit your lip, "Again, I'm really sorry. I didn't mean it. The brake wasn't functioning and I was out of control."

 

He chuckled and looked at you, "Does your sorry can change everything? No, right? Let me ask you something, why do we need the police and jails if sorry can solve all of the problems?" He asked you. You didn't know how to reply. You knew you were in a big trouble. First, you had to deal with the cold-guy for hitting his car. And second, you needed to deal with your boss for the damaged scooter.

 

Well, nice one, Hyejoo. Two things that you're going to deal.

 

"Okay, I know it was my fault but you should at least consider my mistake. I didn't mean to hit your 'expensive' car." You replied.

 

He stared at you, "Do you know how much did I pay for this?"

 

You shook your head, "No. And I don't wanna know the price."

 

"Well, good. Because even though I'm telling you the price, you won't be able to pay for the damages." He looked at you up and down before rolling his eyesㅡshowing his arrogant side.

 

You sighed, "Sir, I know I don't have enough money to pay for it but I'll do that if you give me a chance to pay it."

 

He laughed, mocking at your words, "Pay it? Excuse me, you won't get to pay it even if you have a thousand years."

 

You gritted your teeth, "When I said, I'll pay it, then I'll do that! Look, I don't have much time to deal with an arrogant-cold-guy like you because I need to deal with my boss for the damaged scooter."

 

You were about to take your scooter before he kicked on it, making it to look even worse. You gawked.

 

"Who do you think you are? It's useless to think and care about this scooter. You can just throw it away, girl. You better think how to pay for the damages on my expensive car." He said, tapping on his black Maserati. You started to get mad with his attitude and punched him at the tummy. He groaned in pain while holding his tummy.

 

"So you think you're good enough? You think that a rich guy like you can easily treat me in this way? Well, guess what? Your money won't change anything, dude!" You said before taking his wallet from his pocket. He was groaning in painㅡlaying on the ground.

 

"Y-Yah! Are you going to steal my money?!" He asked while looking at you who were smirking at him. You took his personal card and read it.

 

"Wu Yi Fan. CEO of Wu's Corporation." You landed your eyes on him when you finally knew his name, "So, a CEO uh? I don't care with that. Take this back." You threw the wallet to his face before keeping the card in your pocket. You were about to leave him alone before hearing him calling you.

 

"I can sue you for what you had done." He said, but it seemed not to scare you with his words. You smirked, "Sue me? Whatever, dude."

 

"Yah! You need to pay for all of the damages that you've made!"

 

"I'm not like what you think. I'll pay once I've got the money!" You said as you took your scooter and glared at him. "If you dare to sue me, then you won't get the money to repair that 'expensive' car of yours. Jerk!"

 

You left him while holding your scooter back to your restaurant. You had to bear with the pain at your knee and elbow. The important thing for you on that timeㅡyou needed to face with your boss.

 

---

 

"What happened with my scooter?!" Your boss yelled at you. His body size is much bigger than a normal guy. Most probably, he took too much fast foods as his daily meals.

 

You looked down to the ground, "It was an accident. The brake wasn't functioning, sir."

 

"Who cares with that?! I've lost a customer for your mistake!"

 

"But I didn't mean it."

 

"A guy just called me and said you hit his car. He is going to sue for what you had done!"

 

"Listen to me first, sir."

 

"I don't care what you're going to say. You better go and see him now. Don't let him sue my restaurant for your own mistake. I don't want to lose my business." He rested his hands on his waist, "For now, you're fired!"

 

"No, sir. Please. I..I can't lose this job. I-I'll see him. And I'll pay everything for my mistakes." You begged. He gave you a death glare, "I'm not going to give you any chances. You're no longer working with me and I want you to see him by today!" He said before leaving you at the outside of the restaurant. You let out a big sigh and took off your capㅡpinching your forehead.

 

"What should I do? I need to gain some money for myself and mom." You whispered to yourself. By then, the arrogant-cold-guy's face crossed in your mind. You quickly took out his card from your pocket.

 

You gritted your teeth before leaving the restaurant.

 

 

---

 

"I need to see that cold guy!" You yelled in front of a lady that was trying to prevent you from going to the CEO's room.

 

"I'm sorry, miss. He doesn't want to see anyone." She said. You brushed her hand away from holding onto your arm. You glared at her, "Why?! Scared that he's going to blame you for this?!" She seemed to get shocked with your voice.

 

"You know, you shouldn't work with a guy like that. He's using you for his own goods. Alright? Now let me in!" You pushed her away and headed straight to find his room. All of the workers in the building were looking at you and started to wonder why would someone like you, entered the building so easily while making noises.

 

"Miss, I'm begging. You need to calm down. You can't meet him like this without making any appointments."

 

You turned and stared at her, "Shut your mouth. I know what I'm doing and it's none of your business." You replied and continued to walk until you found a door with his name.

 

Wu Yi Fan. CEO of Wu's Corporation. Ah-ha, you found it, Hyejoo..

 

You opened the door without knocking it, revealing the owner of the room who was doing his works. He was shocked to see you again on the same day.

 

You smirked, "We meet again, dude."

 

He leaned against his chair and stared at youㅡwith his cold-look, "What are you doing in my room?"

 

"I-I'm sorry, Mr. Kris. I tried to prevent her fromㅡ" He raised his hand, signaling his secretary to stop. "It's okay. I'll deal with her. You can continue with your works, Jiyeon." She nodded and bowed before leaving you and Kris in the room. She closed the door. Kris crossed his arms and just looked at your face.

 

"So, why you're here? Ah, maybe you want to apologize for what you had done to me?" He laughed and you rolled your eyes. You smacked the table and leaned closer to his face. Kris was shocked with your sudden action and he had no more space to lean against his chair.

 

"What did you say to my boss?"

 

"You hit my car."

 

"Is that all?"

 

"I told him that I'll sue him and the restaurant for what you had done."

 

You stood properly and gave him a death glare, "You know, it was my mistake so you should just deal with me, not my boss."

 

"But you refused to pay for it."

 

"When did I say that I refused to?!" You leaned again to his face. Both of you seemed not to give in. "I already said that I'll pay for it. You just need to give me the time for me to collect all of the money."

 

With then, Kris laughed over your words. He clapped his hands while laughing and let you to frown, confused.

 

"Collect all of the money? Are you kidding me? Even a thousand years won't be enough for you to collect all of it!"

 

You pushed him away and looked at him, again. "You better tell me the price."

 

He chuckled, "You really want to know?"

 

"Yeah. Just tell me and I'll pay it!"

 

"$5OOO. Is it a small matter for you?" He smirked. Your jaw dropped to hear the amount. You counted with your fingers. It wasn't a joke. Five thousand dollars.

 

"W-What?!!" You said, caused him to chuckle, "I told you, it's an expensive car and I'm pretty sure you won't be able to pay it."

 

You bit your cheeks inside. You just didn't know how you were going to gain that amount of money to pay the damages that you made on his car. You're not rich like him. You're just a poor girl.

 

"I..I'll pay it. Just give me some time to get the money."

 

He smiled, teasingly, "Sure. I'm giving you a month."

 

"A MONTH?!" You yelled. "Are you crazy? I just lost my job and need to find a new one and now you're telling me to get the money for a month?!"

 

He played with his pen, "Choose one, get the money in a month or I'll sue you."

 

You gulped. He can't sue me. Mom will get worried if she knows and she'll find a way to get the money for me. I can't. There must be a way to get $5000 in a month. Come on, Hyejoo. You can do it.

 

"Alright! I'll get the money for a month." He smiled for a joy, "Good. Well, don't you ever think to run away from me. You know, I can pay for someone to spy on you so you won't get to run anywhere."

 

"You don't trust me?" You asked. "I can't simply trust a person that I just met for a day."

 

"You're such anㅡ"

 

He sent you a glare, "I guess we're done. And oh, before you're leaving, please, write down your name, your contact number and your address."

 

"What for?" You looked at him. "Just in case I need to call you in the future to talk about this matter, sweetie." He said, smirking again. You wanted to rip that smirk from his face. You let out a big sigh before doing like what he told. With then, you showed him a fake smile, "See you again, Mr. Wu Yi Fan."

 

"Well, see you again too. Let's see if you can get $5000 in a month, Miss Hyejoo." He said and you left the door, slamming it hard. He grasped his hand and hit his table, "I hate that girl! We will see if she can get that money! I bet she can't!"

 

 

---

 

"Annyeong, Woobin oppa." You greeted him as you took a seat on a chair. He was shocked to see your elbow was bleeding and your pants was torn.

 

"Hyejoo, what happened? Are you alright?" You smiled with his question and shrugged. "I don't know. Today is the bad day for me."

 

"What's wrong? Tell me."

 

You looked down on the floor and tried to hold the tears from coming out. By that time, Chorong came, completely shocked with your condition.

 

"Oh My God, what happened with you, Hyejoo? Are you alright?" She asked. Woobin held your shoulder and stood up, "I'll go and get the first aid." He ran to the kitchen, leaving you and Chorong.

 

"Unnie."  Finally, you cried. You hugged her and you just didn't know why it hurt you so much to think about what happened on you. Got fired. Met with a arrogant-cold guy and he blamed you for what you had done to his car. You weren't doing it purposely. You were out of control while riding the scooter.

 

"Calm down, dear. You can tell me." You sobbed when she pulled away. Woobin came and helped to put on some medicines on your wounds. You told them everything that happened on you. At least, Woobin and Chorong had some time to listen to your problem. Both of them are like your own siblings.

 

Woobin worked with his mother ㅡhandling a bakery shop. Chorong is his childhood friend and she has been helping them for a few years. You have been knowing them ever since you were in middle school. All of your problems, you shared it with them.

 

"Who's that idiot?! Let me punch him in the face!" Woobin started to get mad and you held his shoulder. "No, oppa."

 

"But he hurt you. Nobody can hurt my sister!"

 

You nodded, "I know, but he's not like what you think."

 

"Because he's rich and the CEO of the company? Oh come on, I can make him stay in the hospital for a month for what he had done!"

 

You chuckled with his words. Chorong just rubbed your back, making you to feel better, "I..I'll solve my problem with him."

 

"$5000 isn't a small amount. That's a lot!" Chorong added.

 

"I know. But I can try to gain the money, right?"

 

"Like how? You got fired and he gave you just a month for that?! Is he crazy?" Woobin asked. He just couldn't control his anger. Chorong signaled him to calm down.

 

"I'll figure it out." You said.

 

"We will help you." Chorong replied. You shook your head, "No. You don't have to. It's my problem."

 

"Your problem is our problem." Woobin interrupted. "Butㅡ"

 

"Work with us. We need another worker at the moment. And I'll try to help you by giving you the job." Woobin said.  You smiled to hear his words. You looked at both of them and Chorong nodded, signaling you to take the offer.

 

"Oppa.."

 

"Stop saying much. Just work with us and we will help you to gain the money to pay that bastard. Alright, sweetie?" Woobin asked. You couldn't  say anything but smiled after knowing it. You gave them a hug, "Thanks, oppa, unnie. I don't know how I'm going to handle this without both of you."

 

"Well, you should be glad that we're here for you." Chorong said, carving a smile. "You know, you need to treat us a cup of coffee in the future." Woobin joked.

 

You laughed, "Small matter. I'll treat you guys in the future."

 

 


 

First chapter posted. Hope you guys enjoyed ^^