Chapter 5

Mirror
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook’s POV

“Ryeowook....”

I instinctively turn to the mirror again when I heard him calling my name for a second time, even though deep down I know he did not mean to call me and all of this is just going to make me feel sad and disappointed.

Kyuhyun is now sitting on the edge of his bed and he smiled slightly as he looked at me. Makes me wonder if he could actually see me like I can see him. But that is impossible; he never touched the mirror that I touch in my storage room.

“Ryeowook, you can see me? Can you hear me?”

I froze. My eyes are wide open and my face showed my shock. This is absolutely impossible.

“Wookie Hyung? Are you okay?” Hyungsik asked me with a worried tone and gently shook my shoulder, makes me aware of my surroundings again and I quickly nodded my head.

“I..I..Now I’m going to get ready to go to the dance competition, you could be waiting for me in living room. I..I will come down as soon as I’m finished.” I said quickly.

Hyungsik seen hesitate to leave me, while Hyuk hyung looks confused, because usually they will wait for me in my room. I can only plead to Hyuk hyung through my eyes, hoping he will help me to bring Hyungsik go out of my bedroom. Fortunately Hyuk hyung understand I need time alone. He pulled Hyungsik forced out of my room without saying anything.

After they both went out of my bedroom, I immediately walked to the front my mirror. I looked at Kyuhyun figure and Kyuhyun also looked at me.

“You can see me?” I ask, still not believing.

“Ryeowook. What do you say? I can’t hear you.. Can you see and hear me?” Kyuhyun asked in return to me.

I nodded and made the sign wait a minute. I walked quickly to my desk and look for marker also papers and then walked back to the front of my mirror. I writing ‘I can see and hear you. But it’s true you can see me?’ on blank paper and showed him the paper after I finished writing.

Kyuhyun was not wearing his glasses so he got up and walked closer to me. “Yes, I can see you. But I could not hear anything.” Kyuhyun replied with amuse face when he stand near his mirror.

‘You’re not surprised by this weirdness?’

“Of course I was shocked. When I woke up and accidentally looked into my mirror, the reflection in my mirror is not the reflection of my room. But after what happened last night I think I quickly adapt to strange things like this.”

‘Oh okay. By the way how your wounded feet? Is it better?’

“Yes. And once again thank you for your help.”

‘You’re welcome.’

“Ryeowook, last night you said you wanted to be my friend, even though I know we have a strange situation, let’s be friends.” Said Kyuhyun.

I don’t know how to describe my feelings when I heard his words. Happy of course, but I also felt a little sad and something is not right. But this is what I want right? So finally I just nodded and smile at him, trying to ignore the feeling of unsatisfied and sad.

‘Kyuhyun, I have to prepare myself and go with my hyung and dongsaeng. See you later.’

“Okay.. Have fun. And call me Kyu.” Kyuhyun said, smiling at me.

‘Thank you Kyu. And you can call me Wookie. Bye.’ I showed him the paper and I wave to him.

“Bye Wookie. I also need to rest.” Kyuhyun said with a smile then he walked slowly to his bed after waving back to me, and then he lay down on his bed. I looked at his figure for a second while unconsciously smile to myself. I was preparing to go with Hyuk hyung and Hyungsik while humming cheerfully.

 

From that day I became Kyuhyun friend. Kyuhyun would talk and I would write down the answers and the questions I want to ask him. It’s a little bit uncomfortable but this is better than nothing.

I became more known about him, he had a noona but his noona lived in another country for work, the date of our birthday is not too far away, he loves study, he can sing very well, and he does not have too many friends.

“Why don’t you try to come here again?” Suddenly Kyuhyun asked when we were both sitting near the mirror in our own rooms.

I just looked at him, surprised by his random question.

“Wookie??” Kyuhyun called me when I do not respond his question.

I am conscious of my state of shock and write on paper to show it to Kyuhyun. ‘How?’

“I also don’t know. Is there anything to help us to better understand what we should do?” Kyuhyun asked.

Ah, old book and the symbols! I forgot about it because suddenly I could talk to Kyuhyun. I immediately stood up and ran to my nightstand cabinet. I quickly opened the top drawer and pulled out the old book.

“Wookie? What are you doing?”

I walked back to the mirror and began to writing explanation of the book also what happens during this time. Then I showed it to Kyuhyun and also show the old book.

“So you already know me before we meet that time? You can see me from a long time ago?”

I just nodded, blushing.

“Ooh.. Maybe that’s why I feel like I’ve known you and I feel...” Kyuhyun suddenly stopped talking and avoided looking at me.

What did he want to say? Why did he suddenly stop talking?

‘What? Why?’ I showed him the paper contains my question, waiting for him to look at me again. But when he turned towards me again and sees my questions he just shook his head and smiled at me. Make me unconsciously pouting.

“Don’t pouting.” Kyuhyun say while chuckled.

‘But you did not answer my question.’ I write on paper and showed it to him while still with the pouting.

“Eey.. It was not something important. Wookie, are you really 1 year older than me? Because I feel you like 1 year younger than me.”

‘Don’t tease me!’

“But this is really what I feel; you are more childish than me. Other people will also not believe you’re older than me.” Said Kyuhyun. “Okay, I’m not going to discuss about it anymore. Let’s focus on what the meaning of these symbols.” Kyuhyun quickly added, trying to change the subject after he saw me more pouting and began to sulk.

I stuck out my tongue to Kyuhyun as a sign that I’m still angry at him. But my actions instead just made him laugh that eventually makes me pout again.

“Okay okay.. I’ll stop laughing, but you should know it’s your fault that I laugh, not my fault. So where were we before? Ah! Symbols. What are you doing right before you come to my place?”

‘I don’t know what I did until I could come to your place. I just panic when you’re injured and call you when leaning into my mirror and suddenly I fell from your mirror.’ I showed him my answer, still pouting.

Kyuhyun just stared at my answer with a serious face; making me confused and want to know what he thinks.

“Do you calling my name more than once?” He asked.

‘I think I called you mor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter