Chapter 12-2

Mirror
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook’s POV

“Kyu..how can you come here? What do you have to do to come here?” I asked, suspiciously.

Kyu just shut up and avoid looking directly into me.

“Kyu...”

“It’s not important Wookie, the important thing is I was finally able to meet with you, I can speak with you, I could hug you, and we can be together.” Kyu said firmly, interrupting my words.

“No. It was very important for me, Kyu. If you don’t want to tell me, you would make me worried and sad. If you want me to be happy, tell me what you should do so that you can come here?” I stubbornly asked Kyu.

“Wookie..”

“Kyu, please..” I begged him.

Kyu breathe deeply and sighed before he finally gave up and told me how he could come here. “Every time I wanted to come here I need to put my blood in my mirror. So I had to hurt myself but it’s really not as bad as it sounds. And..that’s all.” Kyu said hurriedly.

“And that’s all?? Kyu..Please tell me the truth.” I said with a worried tone.

To tell the truth about the blood that Kyu said, I’ve been able to guess the answer before Kyu tell me because I remember blood stains Hyuk hyung ask me in the morning after Kyu came here last week and also because I saw the blood stain on his bandage that shows his wound still new. That’s why I was able to connect the wound and blood is related to the way Kyu could come to here. And I also remember I ever saw blood on Kyu’s mirror before, his blood which also makes Kyu can come here for the first time when he helped me from the bad intentions of Hyungsik. But although I can guess about the blood, I still feel the pain when Kyu said it and imagine Kyu should hurt himself to come here. And also I still feel Kyu hiding something from me. Something worse. And I have to know the whole truth how Kyu can come here.

“Wookie.. You don’t need to worry.. Everything will be fine, I will protect you and we will be together, so don’t worry.” Kyu said softly.

“Kyu, please.. I know you want to protect me, but hide the truth from me would not protect me. It would hurt me when I was finally able to find the truth. So please tell me whatever it is you hide from me as well as all things that you know about our condition now.” I beg to Kyu again while I held his face between my hands and looked directly into his eyes.

“Besides I have to put my blood in my mirror, every time I come here I would lose little by little my memory of my childhood.” Kyu said in a low voice after a few seconds.

I was too shocked to say anything and silently tears running down my cheeks because my heart feels pain when I heard everything Kyu had to sacrifice for the sake of meeting with me.

“Wookie....”

“Do..do you find anything else?” I asked softly.

“I..I find another way so we can be together, but I don’t like it.” Kyu said while he wiping my tears.

“What other way is it?” I asked, holding Kyu’s hands that cupped my face now.

“Let us do it Kyu. Let us do the way you find.” I said firmly after Kyu finished tell me everything Kyu knew and before he could protest about my decision, I captured his lips in a soft kiss. Devote all of my feelings for him. Kyu initially hesitant to kiss me back, but then when he finally kissed me back, he took control and our kiss turned into a passionate kiss.

 

The next day...

I woke up alone in my bedroom but this did not bring great pain like before because I know I can be together with Kyu soon. Next to me, I saw my pajamas folded by Kyu and it brings a smile to me. Slowly I get up while covered my body with a blanket and slightly winced because sore when I sit on the edge of my bed.

When I would stand, I saw a note on my bedside table.

I take that notes with my right hand while the other hand hold the blanket that covered my body.

‘Good morning my Wookie ..

Sorry I can’t be on your side, but I will soon come back when I can..

Don’t forget take a warm bath and eat well..

Take care my love..

I love you.’

I could not stop smiling after reading a short note from Kyu, even until I finished preparing to go to school and get down to the downstairs to eat breakfast my smile still on my lips.

“Good morning Eomma..” I greet Eomma and hugged her from behind while she was busy in the kitchen. “What do you cook Eomma?? I really really really hungry!! And where is Appa?” I added while Eomma turn around and just looked at me without either answering my greeting nor answer my questions.

“Is there something wrong, Eomma??” I asked, worried when I saw Eomma’s eyes glistening with tears.

“Eomma just really happy to see you smile again. Eomma miss seeing your smile, not fake smiles like before but sincere smile like now.” Eomma explain and I could only dumbfound when I heard her explanation.

“Eomma..”

“I’m sorry Wookie. Because of Eomma, you have to force yourself to pretend like everything is fine, it must be very difficult for you while you are still hurt because of what happened with Kyu.”

“Eo..Eomma.. All this time, you know?”

“Eomma is your Eomma, how can Eomma not know? Now you can finally smile again, Eomma very happy Wookie..” said Eomma with a gentle look.

“Sorry Eomma, I just make you more worried.” I said, feeling guilty.

“You don’t have to feel sorry, Wookie.. It’s really okay. Are you can tell Eomma what happened until Eomma can see you smile again while we eat our breakfast?” Eomma asked, smiling happily at me.

“I’ll tell you what happened Eomma and thank you.” I said as I hugged my Eomma.

“No need to thanks Eomma honey, as long as you have a happy life, it is enough for Eomma. Your happiness is the only one that Appa and Eomma most think. Now let’s have breakfast, just the two of us because Appa had gone to check out our business.” Eomma said while smile.

 

In the Afternoon...

“Wookie, let’s go to the hospital.” Hyuk hyung called me from my classroom door. Yesterday evening Hyungsik’s parents call Hyuk hyung and they say they need Hyuk hyung and me to come to the hospital. So today we will go there to meet with them.

Along the way to the hospital we talk about the reasons why Hyungsik’s parents want us to come. Hyuk hyung told me that Ajumoni voice sounded sad and it makes us confused because she supposed to be happy when finally Hyungsik really conscious now.

When we arrived in Hyungsik’s room at the hospital we finally know why Ajumoni still sad.

“I’m sorry I made you two should come here quickly, but we need to know if Hyungsik will remember you two.” Ajumoni said in a sad tone. “But even though he saw the two of you, he did not have any reaction.” Ajumoni said again, smiling sadly.

“Ajumoni, what doctors actually say about Hyungsik’s condition? What do you mean you want to know if he could remember us or not?” Hyuk hyung asked for an explanation from Ajumoni because we still don’t understand the situation.

“Last night when Hyungsik finally conscious, we are very happy and think everything will be fine. Even though he did not say much but he recognized us, everything looks fine until suddenly he was talking about you two as kids. Firstly we think he only remembers about his childhood memories but then we realized something was wrong. After the doctor came and checked on him, the result is Hyungsik trapped in his memory when he was a child. That’s why I wanted to know if he saw you two now, will he recognize both of you or not. And if seeing both of you will help him remember that three of you are no longer kids or not.”

“How can it be like that?” Hyuk hyung asked with a tone of shock as I slowly walked to the near of Hyungsik who sat in a wheelchair near a large window.

I kneel down so that I have the same height with Hyungsik and I can look directly at him. Although my focus now to Hyungsik who only look to the scenery outside from the window, but I could still hear the conversation between Hyuk hyung and Ajumoni about the reasons why Hyungsik conditions like this. From the doctor’s opinion is because Hyungsik in a coma for too long so that affect Hyungsik’s brain function and make Hyungsik can only remember until he was 8 years old.

Slowly I held Hyungsik’s hand and make his attention was diverted to me, when I and Hyuk hyung came here he just looked at us for a while and then he just looked back at the scenery outside like we are nothing.

“Hyungsik.. You don’t recognize me?” I asked gently.

Hyungsik just tilted his head innocently and then slightly shook his head.

“Hyungsik, you really don’t know me? I.....” I stop my words when I felt a gentle squeeze on my left shoulder. When I looked up, I saw Hyuk hyung who shook his head, a sign for forbade me to force Hyungsik remember me.

“It would be useless, Wookie. For Hyungsik, he has the happiest life when he was 8 years old so it would be pointless to force him to recognize you now, Wookie.” Hyuk hyung said in a sad tone.

“Wookie hyung?” Suddenly Hyungsik talk.

I immediately looked back toward Hyungsik while my hope he finally recognized me growing.

“Hyungsik, you..”

“Where’s Wookie hyung? I promise I will play with him. Wookie hyung is sad because now Eunhyuk hyung would rather play with his new scooter, I promise I will accompany Wookie hyung so that he will not be alone and sad.” Hyungsik talk innocently like an 8 years old.

My hope vanished and my heart aches because Hyungsik conditions as well as I heard his words. I feel a gentle squeeze again in my shoulder and when I look into Hyuk hyung, he nodded his head slightly to encourage me. I look back to Hyungsik who is now looking at me with a puzzled look as he is still waiting for my answer to the question about where I am when in fact I was right in front of him.

“Hyungsik... I can’t say where Wookie hyung now, I’m so sorry.” I said when I took a deep breath while I held Hyungsik’s hand. Hyungsik looks sad when he heard what I said but then he nodded. He’s really like an 8 years old.

“Don’t be sad, and please remember this okay? Whatever happened earlier or later, you are the best dongsaeng for Wookie hyung. Someday if you recall all your memories, you will understand this and Wookie hyung just want you to live a happy life.” I said, Hyungsik’s hair.

“Hope the best for you Hyungsik and goodbye.” I whispered, hugging Hyungsik for a moment. And then after that I and Hyuk hyung left the hospital.

 

1 Month Later...

I opened my eyes slowly and I saw the figure of Kyu who is sleeping right in front of me that immediat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter