The witch's cry

Stuck in a twisted Fairytale story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-sorry for the late update guys, I can only update when it is my off so enjoy!

Do not forget to comment my lovelies!

 

****

 

 

“Are we going to stay here forever?” Sumi asks boredly, it has been hours since they have hidden in the dark cottage and Luhan only sits across her, lost in his own thoughts.

Luhan looks at the window and saw that the evening moon is coming and the surroundings are starting to be enveloped by the darkness.

“We can go out in a few minutes.” Luhan answers her firmly.

Sumi groans, her is starting to hurt from sitting and she might die of boredom any second now, she wonders how Luhan could manage just sitting there and do nothing.

 

“The mermaids are attacking again!” someone suddenly shouts outside and screams of panic filled the air, Luhan and Sumi looked at each other with alarmed faces. They immediately stood up and went outside the cottage, people where running everywhere; the fact that their kingdom is surrounded by the salty waters is one disadvantage when the creatures of the sea attack.

“We should get to the highlands, it is not safe to dwell here” Luhan says as he stares at the night sky, dark clouds were starting to form and he knew something is not right. “The ruler of the sea seems angry” he simply says and he drags Sumi.

The villagers were all gathering their belongings and retreated to high land, they all ran as fast as they can before the dark clouds form into a storm and into something more dreadful. Sumi forced herself to run fast, Luhan was no joke of a runner, despite her slow pace, he had never let go of her hand.

 

Lightning strikes and children began to cry, they were nearing the highlands when the lightning bolt had strike the village, causing fire to one wooden house and infecting the other. The roaring waves can be heard even they were far from the sea, it was not a good sign, this is far more than mermaids attacking, the sea itself is angry towards the kingdom.

Another lightning strikes and Sumi flinches, Luhan felt her getting scared and he had pulled her securely.  “Do not worry, we are safe here” he whispers reassuringly to her, trapped in his embrace, her heart calms, they have reached the highlands and indeed the lightning did not reach them there.

The surviving villagers had built camps and Luhan had made one as well made from leaves and branches, he had made something big enough for him and Sumi. They have sought shelter under the humble tent, the cold night air blowing and making them shiver, once again, they found themselves staring at each other.

“What is happening?” Sumi asks him and Luhan sighs.

“The King of the sea is angry; this is not the first time it happened. The first time is when she had left her home and walked on land, and now that she once again returned home” Luhan remembers Tomo, his heart aching a little at the memory of her.

“I don’t understand, why would the King of the sea be angry if his daughter went home?” Sumi ponders and Luhan shook his head.

“I can’t answer that for I do not know the answer myself.” Was his reply. “Go to sleep” he tells her, snuggling himself comfortably on the bed of leaves. He looked peaceful for once and Sumi smiled, Luhan drifted to sleep but heavy footsteps outside bothered Sumi. She peeked from the tent and saw a group of men heading closely towards the other part of the highlands; it was dark so she could not recognize their faces. However, she could not take her eyes off what they were carrying, a large crate, enough for a person to fit in.

The group of men had made a bonfire and they have kept the crate secured, building their own tents to nest on and a few men stand guard to protect the crate.  Her curiosity was itching, her mind bothered on what was in that crate, but she could not just go there and ask, the men looked dangerous and by the looks of it, they were all carrying weapons.

She sighed; disappointed that she could not do anything. Maybe in the morning she could see what the strange men are hiding. She placed herself behind Luhan and tried to sleep, their backs facing each other. She found it weird how a bed of leaves could be so comfortable or maybe she is just with a person that she is comfortable with, it had been a tiring day for her and soon, her eyes became heavy and she fell asleep.

 

“Wake up...” a soft voice disturbed her slumber and she felt a gentle shake on her shoulder, Sumi’s eyes fluttered and the sight of Luhan ‘s sleepy face made her chuckle.

“Well good morning to you too!” Sumi groans, trying to sit up straight as possible. She rubbed her eyes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter