Seven

The Sound of Winter

 

Youngjae sighed as he grasped his way to his grand piano, tripping a little on the way. He grunted and sat as he pressed each key to get a hold of their tones. Each note lingered on his ears, making him smile a little because besides from the cold feeling of snow touching his skin, music feeling his ears lets him know that's he's still functional. Soon, a wide smile broke through his face and he felt the keys touching his fingers. It's all well.

 

Save me oh save me
And be careful i’m like fire
Neo ttaeme buseojin sigan sogeseo
Save me oh save me
And i won’t forget you liar
Deo gyeondil su eobseo nal tteonaga jwo (save me)

 

He wanted to laugh at himself though. Singing those songs even though he didn't really get the meaning of broken hearts, nor feel it to some extent but for some reason, he wanted to feel that. That stinging pain that makes breathing hard, that tear jerking pain when people hear their name or in short, he just wants to feel something from the inside. 

"Youngjae-ah! Youngjae-ah!" his mother shouted estatically, literally jumping up and down (though Youngjae couldn't really see it). "Youngjae-ah.." he heard her mother whimper in front of her as she nuzzled the boy into a tight hug.  He ran his hand through her hair gently, asking the reason for her mother's sudden breakdown.

"I...I found you an eye donor."

And with those six words, Youngjae himself broke down in tears. The simple thought of seeing again took his breath away and the simple thought of seeing Junhee made everything okay.

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5F_6eTHPIKpRNrEVdz7D

 

Hello?" Junhee called, pressing the doorbell for the nth time but no one answered the door. When she was about to knock, the door opened, revealing the snarky little maid that did nothing but huff while cleaning.

"Can you not ring the bell only once?" the maid snarled, making Junhee step back. "Your services are not required today since Youngjae-sshi is not here."

Junhee froze a little, totally ignoring the fact that there's a whole bundle of height behind her. "What do you mean?"

"He went to the hospital this morning you little dim wit." 

"Wow that's just plain mean." Zelo exclaimed, stepping forward beside Junhee, frowning rather cutely at the old lady in front of him. "You don't have to say it like that ahjumma." 

The old lady bowed slightly. "Sorry." she said, making Junhee's eyes widen before turning to Zelo who only gave a her a bright smile. "Youngjae-sshi and the Madame rushed to the hospital this morning and they said they won't be back in a few days. We'll just call you when they're back."

"Thank you ahjumma." Zelo smiled, making the old lady smile, before she reached up and patted his blonde hair lightly. The door closed lightly and Zelo turned to the seemingly petrified Junhee who didn't even blink after the old lady's shocking announcement.

"Cheer up, maybe he's going there for a check up." Zelo poked around, wriggling his eye brows but Junhee gave no reply, instead she simply nodded. Honestly, Junhong is getting a little (or maybe a lot) jealous at all the attention Junhee gives to Youngjae even though he hates himself a little for think as such. Hell he doesn't even have the right to be, and he haven't really met the Youngjae guy. 

"Junhee-ah!" Zelo called, snapping his fingers in front of her. "Would it make you feel better if I treat you ice cream?"

"Your treat?" Junhee asked, giving him a weak smile.

 

"Of course."