Ten

The Sound of Winter

 

Yah Jung Daehyun!" an angry Himchan shouted as he emerged from the school gates holding a toilet plunger. "Come 'ere you. Hyung just wants to talk to you." 

Zelo stiffled a laugh at his hyung's frozen figure. "Sure. Talk while he's holding a toilet plunger." he noted, making Daehyun turn to him with wide eyes. "I suggest you...run."

And so he did. 

Youngjae was still gaping at the frantically running Daehyun who was chased by his old friend Himchan so Zelo took the chance and grabbed Junhee's wrist making her yelp in suprise. "Let's go."

"Go where?" Junhee asked in between pants since Zelo is too immersed in running as they left the now gaping at them Youngjae who stood there innocently as he saw them running. But to Zelo, he wasn't cute. Nor innocent or anything in that comparison.

Zelo stopped once the school was no longer in sight. He looked at Junhee and grabbed her shoulders, almost forcing her to look at him. "Yah. Do you remember anything I said?"

"About what?" Junhee replied.

Zelo bit his lower lip in frustration. "Before you saw Youngjae hyung." 

"Is it something important? I don't..." she trailed off when Junhong sighed in relief before engulfing the latter in to a very tight hug. Zelo smiled at the warmth he was feeling, it was very pleasant and he never felt it since his mother died. He closed his eyes and ignored Junhee's confused questions. Soon, Junhee stopped moving as she let him cling to him, making his heart flutter. "C-can you pretend you don't remember anything before this?"

Junhee shivered a little when Zelo's breath touched the side of her neck since his head was nuzzled in to the crook of her shoulders. She pulled away gently before looking at the blushing guy in front of her. "Why?" she asked since nothing makes sense at the moment, Zelo's been acting weird since he met Youngjae and she doesn't think that's anything fruitful for both sides.

"Nothing, I was just having a bad day." he lied, giving her a fake smile that seemed genuine, heck everything seemed genuine to Junhee and he wasn't sure if that's good. "Let's go to class, eh?"

Junhee agreed and walked beside him. "Then why did you hug me?" she challeneged when the mood seemed brighted.

"What? Do you want me to hug Youngjae hyung?" Zelo asked, pushing Junhee to the side and she landed on the floor with a thud.

Zelo laughed, at least, everything was normal.

 

 


 

Super short chapter...forgive me.