One

The Sound of Winter


 Junhee lowered her head as she walked cautiously on the slippery road, clutching her bag, she cursed herself for wearing high heels. She looked forward and tried to regain composure, the village looked elegant, but for common people, it looked plain expensive. There were no house with less than three floors; every tile looked flourished and shiny. If you compare it with her house, it would look like a maid's quarter. She grumbled as she walked, as if she had a choice. 

"Miss watch out!" a voice shouted. She looked to her right but before she could react, a 183cm guy crashed into her. Her back ached but she did nothing but grunt a little before standing up on her own. 

"What the hell?" she snarled, cleaning her snow induced dress before it gets too wet. Her hair got wet and her make-up got smudged, though she doesn't know it, but it was enough to eclit a huge burst of laughter from the later. "And you're laughing."

The guy placed his hands up in surrender and tilted his head 'you apologize, you broke my skateboard.' he demanded. He scoffed and glared at the girl. "I just got it repaired!"

"So it's my fault?" she exclaimed, crossing her arms. The guy rolled his eyes, rode his cracked skate board and took off. Junhee stood there, flabbergasted but nevertheless continued to walk.

 

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5F_6eTHPIKpRNrEVdz7D

 

 Neowa gadeon keopisyop
Uri dulmanui keopisyop
 Ni hyanggiga naneun igoseseo
Meonghani anjaisseo

 

 Ajik itji motaeseo
Uri gieogi namaseo
 Nado moreuge tto beoreutcheoreom
Yeogi wanneunji molla

 

Youngjae sighed and ran his fingers on his hair, removing it from the piano keys. His voice tuned down at the footsteps he heard, no one should've hear him sing. He shivered when his skin got in contact with the cold snow. It was a little cold, but it was comfortable. He likes being cold, for some reason. Being cold makes him feel alive; it assures him that his body is still functioning. How long was it? 3 years? 4 years? He lost count, like everyday, he'd swear to trade everything just to see a beam of light. 

"You have a great voice, but why place your piano outside? It's snowing." a voice behind him announced. Tutor? More like baby sitter, his mind roared. Darn, where were the moments when he was normal? When everything around him was warm and fuzzy, when he saw the color of the sky, when he saw the beauty and the ugliness of earth?

"Are you Youngjae?" the melodic voice chimed in behind him. Youngjae's heart dropped at the sound of it. It was light and soothing, he almost wondered what she looked like. But the thought of it made him bitter once more. To be honest, he'd rather be born blind. At least he won't regret not seeing everything.

He nodded sharply and spreaded his arms to guide himself. She ran to him and held his hand but he snatched it back. "I don't need help." 

"My name is Junhee." she muttered, reluctantly withdrawing from Youngjae. She looked at him with sad eyes, in an awfully peculiar way, they were alike. She never knew how to live, her parents controlled her, even with this job, and she laughed silently at the thought. Even her job must be handed out to her.

Youngjae pursed his lips in annoyance. "I could hear you laughing." he noted bitterly.  "For future reference, laughing is so rude. Don't they pay you enough to at least be civil?"

"I'm not..." Junhee insisted. 

Youngjae lashed out his hand and toppled a flower vase. "Do you think it's funny?" he muttered silently. He never shouted. He convinced it was a waste of his voice, even so, he's scarier when talking in his low bitter voice. "Please leave, I'll tell my mother to start tomorrow."

 

Junhee sighed in defeat, so much for her first job. 

 

 

Author's Note:

So first chapter...yeah. Youngjae should've been

Daehyun but I'm so biased so I changed it.

Chyeah, so, my first B.A.P fic ...yeah.

Comments and Upvotes are well loved.