Four

The Sound of Winter

 

Another month passed quickly. Many things happened but nothing really changed after that, except for the fact that Youngjae started talking cheerfully again, surprising even his mother. 

Youngjae ran his fingers on the piano keys, pressing them one by one, refreshing each tone before playing it. He continued to play and eventually, he found himself singing again. His throat seemed to breath for the first time, bliss run through his body. Sure he missed some key but he didn't care, he kept playing until he head footsteps.

"Ah Junhee!" Youngjae exclaimed the moment he heard the door open. Ever since Junhee's little rant, he admittedly felt better. Maybe it was because of the fact that he's not the only one suffering, or the only one who's going through something. Though he wouldn't say it in front of her, because it would be extremely awkward for him, he felt better around her.

"Aish, you know I can't really scold you when you're starting the day smiling." Junhee scolded jokingly. Youngjae presumed her position and turned his head to her. He've always wondered how she looked like, he could imagine her having long wavy hair, bright eyes, a pointy nose and something like that. He felt his breath hitch when he felt the couch slightly sink beside him before he felt her so close to him.

"Yah. School resumes tomorrow." Junhee semi-whispered as if they were sharing a secret. "I'll be a bit busy so you have to work extra hard to catch up okay?"

Youngjae felt his heart sink a little. School means he won't be spending the whole day with her, school means he only gets an hour and he's going to have to use it to study, school sends a slap to his face as if it's mocking him that he will never be able to see what it looked like. Though he felt like this, he forced up a smile on his face. "I'll do better than you, you know."

"Really? Then shall we go take the day off?" Junhee offered, nudging his shoulder a little.

Youngjae turned to her. "You know I can't go outside right?"

"I talked to your mom earlier. Let's go." Junhee exclaimed, reaching for his hand. Youngjae nodded and smiled. It wasn't really exciting to go out and let everyone see him when he can't see anything but he knew he'd be safe with her.

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5F_6eTHPIKpRNrEVdz7D

 

Zelo! Zelo-ah~" Daehyun purred, dragging himself to the younger one. Zelo looked at him strangely before grabbing the nearest thing beside him, which was a broom., before pointing it at his weird hyung who started doing some very weird aegyo that made him look very foolish.

"What do you want?" Zelo shouted, poking his broom in Daehyun's perimeter "You cannot do anything to me ever again!"

Daehyun laughed at Junhong's reaction, he always caught Daehyun off guard but this time, Daehyun had more important things to say. So without hesitation, he grabbed the broom, threw it aside and gripped Zelo's shoulder.

"You.Need.To Help.Me." Daehyun hissed, ignoring the fact that Zelo haven't recovered from his fail aegyo.

Zelo's eye twitched at his hyung's behavior but nevertheless played along with it. "What do you want?"

"Hyung. Add hyung you little brat."  Daehyun muttered. "You need to help me transfer to your school."  

Zelo scoffed. "It's in the middle of the school year, you have nothing to do in our school, your school is fine as it is, I don't to be your school mate, I think you're really creepy, why would you even go there, hyung?" 

"Because." Daehyun stated, feeling blood rush up to his neck. "T-th-there's..."

Zelo nodded, comprehending everything his hyung cannot say because Daehyun is a fool and he fails in aegyo, according to Junhong. He patted Daehyun shoulder, giving the older one a fake understanding expression before running out, riding his skateboard to go to the giant house again.

 

Maybe this time he'd see her.