Memories (Star's P.O.V)

Look At Me!

I woke up the next morning to an alarm going off.  I didn’t set an alarm…  I thought searching for my phone.  My hand found it laying on my night stand.  I unlocked it, but didn’t see an alarm going off.  “That’s strange.”  I said sitting up.  I still hear it going off so I started looking around my room.  I was about to get angry when I saw a light coming from the pocket of my Hello Kitty robe.  “What’s that?”  I asked as I slide the covers off and slipped into my slippers.  I shuffled my way over to my robe on the back of my door and reached into my pocket.  I pulled out a blue cell phone and stared at the screen that was showed the alarm I was hearing.

I was very confused as I hit the snooze button.  “Whose phone is this?”  I asked myself as I turned it over and over in my hand.  I went back and sat on my bed still looking at it.  It buzzed, causing me to drop it.  I looked at the phone on the ground and finally realized whose it was.  “Why…  Why do I have his phone?”  I asked myself picking it up, now that it was done buzzing.

The memories from last night suddenly came rushing back causing my breath to catch in my throat.  I dropped the phone again and crawled under my covers.  “Why did he come here drunk last night?!  Why did he kiss me?!  Why?!”  I asked, practically wailing into my pillow.  “I know what I’ll do.  I’ll call Krystal and my sister.  They’ll know what to do.  They’ll help me.”  I said finding my way out of my covers and finding my phone.  I called my unnie first knowing that she would come right away.

“Hello?”  She said in a groggy voice.  “Unnie, I’m sorry to wake you so early, but I need you.  Something happened last night and I need to talk to you.”  I said in a rush.  “Alright, you need to slow down.  I’ll be there in an hour.”  She said, sounding a little more away.  “Just hurry!  I’m going to go call Krystal too and have her come over.”  I said hanging up the phone.

I dialed Krystal’s number and waited while it rang.  “Come on!  Pick up!”  I said while pacing my room.  “What do you want so early on a Saturday morning?”  She yelled finally picking up the phone.  “You need to get over here as soon as you can!  Something happened last night and I need advice..”  I said mumbling the last part.  She was suddenly more awake.  “What did you do?”  She asked.  “I didn’t do anything.  But it was someone else.”  I said.  “Just hurry and get over here!”  I yelled and hung up the phone.

I hid under my covers clutching the phones to my chest till I heard the doorbell.  I ran to the door and found both Krystal and Hyuna standing there.  I pulled them inside and shut the door.

“What is your problem!?  Why are you acting so crazy?”  Krystal asked brushing off her arm.  I looked around and then down to my hands that still held Sungmin’s cell phone.  They followed my gaze and Krystal gasped.  “No way!  Is that…?”  She started.

“What’s going on?  Whose phone is that?  This better not be why you called me over here so early in the morning.”  Hyuna said grabbing the phone.  I slid against the door to the floor and put my head in my hands.  “Why do you have Sungmin’s phone!?”  Krystal asked kneeling next to me.

I shrugged my shoulders, not wanting to show my face.  “He came over last night, drunk.  He must have left it here.”  I muffled into my hands.

“What did you two do?!”  My sister, Hyuna, asked in a shocked voice.

NOTHING!!!”  I shouted suddenly jumping to my feet.  “We did nothing!  He came in, drunk and reeking of alcohol, and then…”  I trailed off not ready to tell them what he had said.  I felt like they wouldn’t believe me.  “I need to get this back to him and see if he remembers anything.”  I sighed and took the phone.  “I just need to figure out the password…”  I started at the phone for a minute and then walked to the couch.

I was trying to think of what they password could be when I heard Krystal and Hyuna whispering behind me.  “You guys know that I can hear you whispering right?”  I said still staring at the phone.  Next thing I knew Hyuna was sitting next to me and took the phone out of my hands.  She punched in some numbers and, to my surprise, the phone unlocked.  “What was the password?!”  I shrieked.  “How did you figure it out?”  I grabbed the phone back and went to the messages.

Thankfully there were none from me so I was safe from that as a reminder.  “It’s not that hard if you think about it.”  She said and walked to the kitchen.  “All you had to do was think as Minnie.”  She said as she poured herself a glass of tea.  I mimicked her and then went to the recent calls.  I saw Mark’s number there and freaked out for a second.

Does Mark know what Sungmin said to me?  I thought, panicking a little.  He can’t know; there is no way for him to know.  I calmed myself.  “I need to get this back to him.  But I don’t know how.”  I said out loud.

“Why don’t you just text one of the members from his phone, idiot.”  Krystal said coming and sitting next to me.  “If you don’t I will.”  She smiled and reached for the phone.  I suddenly moved it out of her reach and smacked her hand.  “YAH!  Don’t hit me!”  She yelled in my face.

“Then don’t try to grab his phone!”  I yelled back.  We huffed and looked away from each other.  I looked at the phone and went to the recent messages.  The first one was from Taeha so I decided to just text him.

Taeha, I have Sungmin’s phone.  I was wondering when I would be able to meet with you and give it back.”  I sent, forgetting to put my name at the end.  “!” I yelled.  “What?”  Hyuna asked cleaning up the water she spilled when she jumped.  “I forgot to put my name at the end of the message.  He is going to think it’s a stalker.”  I sighed and put my head in my hands again.  “I’m an idiot.”

Just then the phone buzzed, making my head vibrate, and causing me to jump.  I looked at the phone and read “If this is a fan then you can meet us at the fan sign today.  If not then you should know where you can find us.”  I stood up and stared at the phone.  I sighed, “Looks like I’m going to a fan sign today.”

“What?”  Hyuna asked looking at me questioningly.  “Don’t you know where their dorm is?”  I shook my head no and sighed again.  “Alright, I have to go get ready.  I’ll see you guys later.”  I said as I walked to my bedroom and shut the door.

I slowly walked to my closet to find something to wear.  How am I supposed to show up at a fan sign and expect to talk to Sungmin in private?  I’m going to have to wait till it’s over.  I thought as I found my favorite pink shirt and colorful shorts.  Might as well look cute today.  I thought with a smile and I laid them on the bed.  I glanced in the mirror and decided that I should shower and fix my hair.

After I had my hair up and makeup on I threw my clothes on and decided that this would have to do.  I grabbed my purse, put mine and Sungmin’s phone in it, grabbed my keys and left.  Driving in Seoul was always bad for me so, even though I had my own car, I usually took a taxi when Max was busy.  It was only a 30 minute drive to the fan sign event and by the time I got there, there were already thousands of fans lined up to meet them.

I made my way around them to the front of the line and found their bodyguards there holding fans back.  I recognized Andrew, their main bodyguard, and hollered at him.  “Andrew!!”  I yelled.  Once he turned around he smiled and came over to talk to me.  “What are you doing here Star?”  He asked, taking down the rope for me to go back with him.

“I have Sungmin’s phone and you know me, I forgot where their dorm was.  So I text Taeha this morning and he said that they were having a fan sign today, so I brought it.”  I said beginning to dig into my purse for it.  “Oh alright.  Follow me and I’ll take you to them.”  He said starting to walk to the building.  I didn’t want to see him face to face!!  I screamed in my head, but followed him.  “You’re lucky you got here now.  They are about to go out and then after they have to leave right away.”  He smiled holding the door open for me.

“Oh really?  Where are they going after this?”  I asked, genuinely curious.  “I think they are going to Japan for a photo shoot but I can’t remember for sure.”  He chuckled.  JAPAN?!?!  I thought.  “Wow!  All the way there for a photo shoot?”  I asked smiling, trying to hide my sadness.  “Well I think they might have something else.  But that’s all they told me so far; maybe a concert or two.”  He said knocking on the door to their dressing room.

WHAT?!”  I heard someone yell from behind the door.  “Someone is here to see you guys.”  Andrew yelled through the door.  “What?  I can’t hear you.  Open the damn door.”  The guy yelled again, this time it sounded like Sejoon.  Andrew sighed and cracked the door enough to stick his head in.  “Star is here, she wants to see you guys.  Are you decent?”  He said sounding annoyed.  I heard a bunch of mumbling and heard a bang or two.  Then suddenly Yuhwan was standing at the now open door.

“Well hey there Star.”  He said as he winked and smiled.  I chuckled at his sudden silliness.  “Hi Yuhwan Oppa.  How are you?”  I asked as he opened the door further to let me in.  “Oh you know, just living the life.”  He laughed and gave me a tight squeeze.  After I hugged him I looked around the room, my eyes landing on everyone one by one till I found Sungmin.

“Sungmin-ah, I have your phone.”  I said grabbing it out of my purse.  Everyone started looking back and forth between us with curious eyes.  “What?”  I asked.  Sungmin got up and ran over to me, grabbing my hand and dragging me out of the room.  “What is your problem?”  I asked when we were away from the room and everyone curious eyes.  “Why would you say that in front of everyone?”  He almost yelled.  I yanked my hand out of his and glared at him.  “Why SHOULDN’T I say it?”  I asked, raising my voice.

He looked around and then back to me, leaning in close.  “Don’t cause a scene; you can just give me my phone and leave.”  He said reaching for the phone.  I jerked it out of his reach and glared at him.  “Excuse me!  You don’t think that you’re going to just get this and then it’ll all be over, do you?”  I asked.  He stared at me then shook his head yes, leaning back.  “Well you’re wrong.”  I said sliding the phone back into my purse and started to walk away.

He caught my wrist and spun me back around to face him.  I tried to shake his hand off again but he just tightened his grip.  “You’re not leaving till we talk about this.”  He said pulling me to a bench and forcing me to sit.  “There is nothing for us to talk about.”  I said as I tried to get up, but he pushed me back down.  “Don’t make me sit on you.”  He said with a serious face.  I sighed and fixed myself on the bench.  “What?”  I asked.

“Star, I mean nuna…”  “Don’t call me nuna.”  I said, interrupting him.  “Fine.  Star, what happened last night?  Because the last thing I remember was standing at your door, the rest is fuzzy till I woke up in my bed this morning.  What happened?”  He said trying to focus on something, some type of distant memory.  “Wait, you don’t remember anything after being at my door?”  I asked.  He shook his head no and then looked at me.

“How do you have my phone?  What happened last night, Star?”  He asked again, this time focusing on me.

I could totally lie to him and not even bring up his confession.  I thought looking away from his gaze.  He would never know that I know how he feels and nothing will get awkward since I kissed him.  I smiled and said “Nothing.  You came over drunk as hell and then passed out.  So I used your phone to call someone to take you home.  I guess I just forgot to give it back to you.”  I said.  “Which reminds me,”  I said reaching into my purse and pulling out his phone.  “This is yours.”  I handed it to him and stood up.  “Can I go now?”  I asked.  He shook his head yes without looking up at me.  “I’ll see you later.”  I said and started to walk away.

“Hey Star!”  He said, causing me to stop in my tracks.  Please don’t ask about last night again.  I don’t think I can lie to you again.  I thought and waiting for him to say something else.  As I was about to turn around to see why he wasn’t talking I suddenly felt someone grab my shoulders, making me freeze.  The hands slowly came around my shoulders and across my collarbone and held me against them.  I realized that it was Sungmin who was holding me like this.  I tried to turn my head to see him but changed my mind, not knowing how close his face was to mine.

“If I said anything stupid or any non-sense you’d tell me right?”  He asked in a whisper.  No, why would I remind you of something like that?  I thought.  “Of course, why wouldn’t I tell you?”  I asked.  “Just asking.”  He said, squeezed me and then let me go.  I turned to face him but he already started walking back to his dressing room.  “Thanks for my phone back!”  He hollered waving the phone in the air.  I scoffed and started walking away again only to stop a few feet away from where I was.  I put my hand on my collarbone and just held it there, where he had just had his arms.

Does he remember?  Was he just testing me?  I thought sighing.  He can’t remember there’s no way.  He was too drunk.  I thought shaking the thought from my head and leaving.