Lies and Confessions (Sungmin's P.O.V)

Look At Me!

I didn’t want to do anything but lay in bed and cry. “How could she laugh with him?” I asked to no one. “She doesn’t think he bought those, does she?!” I asked feeling my eyes start to water again. “What if she… No, she wouldn’t. He doesn’t even know her favorite flower. Only I know that kind of stuff.” I said shaking the thoughts out of my head.

“What is he mumbling about?” I heard Taewoon Hyung ask from the front seat, snapping me back to reality. We were all sitting in the car on our way home and everyone was staring at me. “What?” I asked acting confused. “Are you still going on about Star?” Taeha asked annoyed.

“Yah, Hyung!” I yelled louder than I meant to, causing me to get a look from Jungwoo. “Sorry.. No, I’m not. Just leave me alone.” I huffed and grabbed my headphones to turn on music. I had it turned up so loud that when they heard it they went back to what they were doing. I turned it down a little, so I didn’t hurt my ears, and just closed my eyes. I was done with everything today.

After we got to the dorms I went straight to my room and laid on my bed and fell asleep. Thankfully, the guys didn’t bother me. I woke up to someone shaking my bed like a crazy person. “YAH!!” I yelled as I woke up swinging my arms. As soon as I made contact with something I opened my eyes and saw my hand resting against Taewoon Hyung’s face. If looks could kill, I would be dead and buried six feet under. “Oh, Hyung, sorry.” I said taking my hand away.

“Why do you wake up swinging your arms like a mad man?” He asked rubbing his cheek. “You’ve been asleep for three hours. It’s time to get up and practice and eat.” He said getting off my bed but turning back. “Oh yeah, and you missed a call from someone. I don’t remember who because Taeha answered it.” I sighed. Why is he always touching my stuff? I thought annoyed. I started looking for my phone but when I couldn’t find it anywhere on my bed I yelled, “TAEHA!!!!” I got out of bed faster than ever before and found him sitting in the living room playing on my phone. I walked over to him and ripped it out of his hands.

“What are you doing with my stuff?! How many times have I told you that you’re not allowed to touch it! I don’t care if you’re older than me or not. You’re really starting…” I stopped after I saw who the call was from. Why is he calling me? I have nothing to say to him. “I’m really starting to what?” Taeha asked bringing me back to our conversation. “Just stop touching my stuff, got it?” I said walking away.

“What is that kid’s problem? He didn’t care that I touched his stuff till he started talking to Star again. That girl is really no good for him.” Taeha said sitting back down. “She is actually better than you think.” Jongkook said looking up from his book. “Do you not know their past? I thought you and Minnie were best friends.” He said laughing. Taeha fake laughed and raised his hand like he was going to smack him. “Shut up.”

I went and sat back down on my bed and looked at my phone calls. Why did he call me? I don’t want to talk to him. “Hey!” Yuhwan yelled as he came into our room, making me jump. “Let’s go out drinking tonight!” He sounded so excited and when I started to shake my head no his face started to droop. “Alright, fine. Let’s go out.” I smiled as he bounced out the door to tell the other members. I got up to find my pants since I still didn’t have any on after sleeping. I slipped into them as soon as Taeha walked through the door. I sighed and went to find a nice shirt, even though I knew I would more than likely throw up before the night was over.

“We need to talk Sungmin.” He said walking over to sit on his bed. “I don’t want to talk to you.” I mumbled from inside the closet. He kicked the door making me jump. When I glared at him I saw that he had an apologetic look on his face so I decided to be a little nicer. “Fine, but we have to hurry so we can go out since Yuhwan Hyung wants to.” I said pulling off my old shirt and putting on the fresh one. He sighed and said “I think that you need to get Star back.” I froze buttoning my shirt and looked at him, eyes wide.

“What did you just say?!” I couldn’t tell what my emotions were and I went and grabbed him by his collar. “WHAT DID YOU SAY?!” I yelled right in his face. I raised my hand in a fist getting ready to hit him for even mentioning her name when I felt a strong hand grab my wrist.  I looked back to see Jungwoo standing there looking at what was going on and seeming worried. “Taeha.” He said looking at him and motioning his head for him to leave. Taeha stood up and I grabbed onto his shirt tighter, causing Jungwoo to grab my wrist tighter. “I’ll just deal with you later.” I said dropping his shirt and watching him practically run out of the room.

“What has gotten into you, Minnie?” Jungwoo asked as he shut the door. I started buttoning my shirt again and avoided his eyes. “Nothing, I’m just sick of him messing with me and my stuff so I wanted to scare him. Do you think it worked?” I chuckled fastening the last button and looking up. He had a serious look on his face, and I knew he wasn’t in the mood for jokes. “Look, I’m sorry okay. He said Star’s name and I got moody. Is that not allowed when I have a crush?” I asked, not meaning to let that last part slip. “Let’s just go. Yuhwan is waiting.” Jungwoo said walking out the bedroom door.

*Fifteen minutes later*

As we were walking to the bar, I heard Sejoon say “Hey, guys. Isn’t that Star right there?” My head snapped up at the sound of her name. I looked at Sejoon and then to where he was pointing but I didn’t see anyone. “Where?” I asked and ran to where he pointed. I looked everywhere but couldn’t see her. “Star!!” I yelled down an alley but got no response. I turned around and walked back to the guys who had just gotten us a table and 3 bottles of Soju. “Did you find her?” Jongkook asked. I shook my head and grabbed one of the bottles. They all just stared at me.

“Isn’t this what we came here for? For me to get wasted and tell you guys all of my dirty little secrets?” I asked staring back at them. They looked to each other, not knowing what to do since I found out their plan. I just sighed in annoyance, opened the bottle, and took a shot. “AHHH” I sighed as it burned my throat on the way down. I instantly grabbed the bottle and poured another one. “Aren’t you guys going to drink too?” I asked taking the shot.

After a while I couldn’t really think, or see, straight and as I went to pour another shot Jongkook grabbed the bottle out of my hands. “Yah!” I yelled, but it didn’t sound like my voice. “Dude. Why are you being so loud?” Taewoon asked me. “Oppa,” I started looking to Taewoon, “You shouldn’t tell me what to do.” I slurred. “I don’t like bossy guys.” I stood up to leave and tripped over my stool. I started laughing and I pulled myself up and started walking down the street. I didn’t know where I was, but I knew where I was headed. I heard the guys yelling behind me to turn around and to go back to the dorms with them. I just kept walking and after a while I turned around to find that they were gone. I smiled, I think, and kept walking.

I found my way up the steep hill and standing outside the door of the house I was looking for. I started banging on the door, but no one answered. I slid to the ground with my back against the door and started crying. “WHY AREN’T YOU ANSWERING?!” I started wailing to the closed door. “I know you’re in there.” I said in a creepy tone. “I will find you.” I said starting to laugh, and cry, hysterically. Suddenly I no longer felt the door against my back and I went flailing to the ground like a fish out of water. When I looked up I saw her standing there, Star looking as beautiful as ever in her Hello Kitty robe. I smiled and stumbled to my feet.

“I knew you were here.” I said hugging her. She shoved me away. “You reek of alcohol. Why are you drunk?” She asked glaring at me. “Because I bought you those flowers. But you thought that he,” I said throwing my arm off in a random direction, “bought them for you.” I stumbled over the words as I tried to keep my eyes open. I was having a hard time seeing her so I grabbed onto her shoulders and looked right into her eyes. “Star.” I said, trying to be as serious as I could. “I, you know, I uh.” I stumbled and fell to the ground.

“Are you okay?” She squealed and she bent down to help me. I shook my head yes and looked at her. “Star, I’ve never stopped loving you. I should never have left you because of my dad. It wasn’t my fault, I had no choice. I’ve always loved you, I swear. But I know that you could never love me back because now you have Mark. I’m sorry for hurting you; I wish I could take it back, I wish I could take it all back. Trust me, if I could go back to that day that my dad slept with your mom I would and I would have stopped him. I didn’t know he would do that but I would have stopped him if it meant that we would get to be together. I hope that you can forgive me, if not now then sometime in the future. I just want us to go back to the past, to the way we were when we were kids.” I said taking a deep breath to continue but she stopped me.

“Minnie, where are your Hyungs? Give me your phone. I’ll call them for you.” She said. I looked at her confused. “Why?” I asked. “Do you really hate me that much that you don’t even want to hear the rest of my confession? I’m too much of a chicken to do this sober so I had to get drunk. Please Star, you have to listen to the rest of it.” She was shaking her head no before I could even finish my sentence. I sighed and pulled my phone out of my pocket and set it in her hand. Before I let her take it I made her look at me. I looked into her eyes and could see that there was a little glimmer of happiness as she looked at me. So, with that little glimmer of happiness, I kissed her.

I don’t remember what happened after I kissed her except that I passed out on the ground. And when I woke up, I was laying in my bed at the dorm.