Lies and Confessions (Star's P.O.V)

Look At Me!

As I was walking out of the dressing room I was re-reading the note from my flowers and ran right into Mark. “Oh, sorry!” I said clutching the card so I didn’t drop it. He just smiled, then when he saw the card it faded. “What’s that?” He asked reaching for it. I handed it to him smiling and said, “Like you don’t already know.” I laughed and smacked him arm. He smiled sheepishly and handed the card back to me.

“Ah. You got the uh…” He said looking confused. “The flowers.” I smiled.

“Right! The flowers! Did you like them?” He asked making me smile. “How did you know that tulips were my favorite flower?” I asked blushing a little. “They are the only flower that could ever be possibly as beautiful as you are.” He smiled.

“Hey! Marker!” I heard Yugyeom yell from behind him. “STOP CALLING ME THAT!!!” Mark yelled as he turned around, making me jump. The other members just laughed at hollered again. “Marker! Let’s go! We have to go to an interview.” Jackson yelled this time. Mark sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. “I swear, I’m going to kill them.” He said just loud enough for me to hear. I started laughing and he looked at me smiling. “I’ll see you later.” He said patting my head.

“Yah! I’m not a dog! Stop patting my head!” I yelled after him fixing my hair. I saw him wave his hand in the air as he got in the van, after hitting Yugyeom of course. I just laughed and made my way to the front to wait for Max. When I got there, he was nowhere to be seen. I decided to go outside and see how many fans were out there. As soon as I started walking toward the front doors I felt my phone go off.

Don’t even think about going outside. I’ll be there in 2 minutes.

-Max.”

I sighed. “How does he always know when I’m about to do something I’m not supposed to?” I asked and went over to sit on the bench. I leaned my head against the wall and closed my eyes. I was still so tired that I just wanted to go back to the dorms and sleep since I didn’t have another schedule today. I felt my phone going off again but wanted to ignore it till I saw who it was.

UNNIE!!!” I yelled answering the phone. I got a weird look from the receptionist so I bowed in apologies and lowered my voice. “Unnie, why are you calling me?” I asked honestly surprised that my older sister, Hyuna, called me. “I just wanted to see how you were and if you had plans tonight.” She said. I could hear the smile on her face.

“Um,” I said pretending to think, “No, I don’t think I have anything tonight. What’s up?” I asked. We only talked once a month since we were both always so busy. But we had already had our get together for this month. “Well I don’t have anything either. So do you want to grab some Bibimbap with me tonight?” She said “I have some stuff I want to talk to you about.” She said sounding distracted.

“Sure, we can meet tonight. Want to meet at the normal place?” I asked as I saw Max walking through the door. “Yeah, that sounds fine.” She said. “I’ll see you tonight. Bye.” She said and hung up the phone in a hurry. I just looked at my phone then up to Max. “I’m going to meet with Hyuna tonight. Same place as always.” I said smiling.

Max shook his head, grabbed my stuff and led me outside. The fresh air was a nice wake up call. It was a little colder than I would have liked it to be, but that was okay since I got to see my sister tonight. Even though we agreed on seeing each other once a month, I still missed her.

 

*later that night*

 

Max dropped me off a few minutes early so I could get the food ordered and wait for my sister. “Has it been a month already?” The lady behind the counter asked. They all knew us two by face since we had been coming here since we were kids. “No,” I smiled, “We are both free tonight so we decided to meet up.” She smiled back and wrote down the order without me even telling her. “It’ll be ready soon. I’ll bring it out when she gets her.”

It wasn’t even 5 minutes later that Hyuna walked through the doors of the restaurant and spotted me. I smiled and waved; she waved but didn’t smile as big as she usually did when she saw me. “How long have you been here?” She asked. I looked at my phone and shook my head. “Not that long. Maybe like 10 minutes.” I smiled.

I loved meeting with my sister, we had always been so close until she got discovered. Then we ended up falling apart; that was until I got scouted by a company because I would post covers of the Kpop group dances on the internet. It was weird not being in the same company as my sister but that didn’t mean that we fought if the other won an award. We were very supportive of each other; I mean we were both living our dreams. Her dreams of singing professionally and mine of dancing on a stage.

I knew that something was wrong by the way she was acting and just picking at her food. “Unnie, are you okay?” I asked. She looked up like she forgot where she was. “What? Oh yeah.” She smiled. “I’m fine. I just had a big lunch before I called you.” She took a drink of her tea and then smiled again. It seemed like a forced smile but I accepted it.

“Are you done?” Hyuna asked about 15 minutes later. I drank the last little bit of soup I had and smiled. “Yep.” She laughed and wiped food off my face. “Let’s go to the park. Remember? The one from our childhood?” She smiled as she stood up. I jumped up, said goodbye to the lady at the counter, and ran after my sister.

“I didn’t think you liked this park, you always told mom and dad that you never wanted to go here because it was for ‘babies’.” I said as we walked with our arms linked. “I only said that because you ALWAYS wanted to go. So I had to say something to where I didn’t have to go every day.” She laughed and tousled my hair.

“You could have just said you didn’t want to go every day. I didn’t like going without you because when you weren’t there the kids picked on me.” I said watching the ground as we walked. She just sighed and kept walking.

We were to the old park in no time. Nothing had changed, in fact there still the big wall that kids could draw on. I ran up to it and looked for a drawing I did when I came to the park by myself for the last time. “UNNIE!!” I yelled as I found it. “What are you yelling for?” She asked as she came over to see what I was looking at. “What’s that?” She smiled as she saw the drawing I was pointing at.

The drawing was of a little family, not ours, but a family. A husband and his wife, 2 kids and a dog. Next to that family was another family; consisting of all the same things but this family had 2 dogs. “Do you know who drew this? And who they are?” I asked her smiling. She looked closely then shook her head no. “I drew it the last time I came to the park, after you got the news from your audition. It’s us and our families in the future.” I smiled at her.

She stared at me and then at the drawing. “You shouldn’t draw stuff like this. What if someone saw this?” She said, starting to sound annoyed. I just looked at the drawing. “No one can tell who they are. Only I can since I’m the one that drew it. What harm could it do? No one else was here the night that I drew this.” I rubbed my hand over the drawing. “Plus, don’t you want to know who these guys are?” I asked pointing to the husbands. She shook her head no again.

I sighed, knowing that she was done with reminiscing in the past and wanted to get straight to the point of why she wanted to meet with me tonight. “So why did you really want to meet with me?” I asked as I walked to the swings and sat down. She sighed, again, and walked over to push me.

“I might have to leave for a while.” She finally said. “I’m not sure how long yet or if I have to. But I might.” And there it was, the bad news I had been waiting for since she called. I looked down at my feet as they swung through the air and thought about what she just said. “Why?” I asked with a shaky voice, trying to hold back the tears.

“There is just some stuff that has come up with promoting and other stuff. But as of right now I don’t have to go, I just want you to be prepared for if I do leave.” She said stopping the swing and coming around to face me. I didn’t want to look up at her because I knew that I couldn’t hold back the tears any longer. I felt the cold tears sliding down my face and tried to wipe them away.

“I shouldn’t be gone that long.” She sighed as she kneeled in front of me. She grabbed my chin gently and made me look at her. Her eyes started to water as she saw the tears streaming down my face. She reached up to wipe away the tears but I stopped her hand and looked at her. I threw her hand down and got up to walk away but as I was walking away she caught my arm and said “Star, please. Just listen.”

I shook her hand off my arm. “You’re leaving me just like everyone else has. Why would I want to listen to anything you have to say?” I said as more tears rolled down my cheeks. “Everyone has left me now. So what’s the point of living? I should have just giving up on everything when he left me so long ago.” I said and ran away from my sister who was now crying.

I didn’t know where I was running to or who I was running to. I saw Max waiting for me at the front of the park but I just ran right past him; thankfully he didn’t try to stop me. As I was running past the shops I stopped when I saw them walking towards me and saw Sejoon point at me. When all the members looked at me I hide in the nearest shop hoping that Sungmin didn’t see me. I found an alley that went behind the shop so I took it and hoped that it came out somewhere else. I couldn’t face him, not after I’ve been crying.

After all, he was the one that first left me so long ago.