Memories (Sungmin's P.O.V Pt.1)

Look At Me!

“Star!  Come on.  Would you just talk to me?”  I begged, grabbing her wrist.  She didn’t turn around; she just sighed and said “Let me go Sungmin.  I don’t want to talk to you right now.  Please…”  “We need to talk about this!  I’m not letting you leave this time!”  I grabbed her wrist tighter and started pulling her away from the door.  I sat on the couch, pulling her down with me.

“We are going to talk about this whether you like it or not.”  I said in a stern voice.  “Sungmin, I don’t want to hurt you.  You’re not going to like what I have to say.  So, please, just let me go home.”  She said, still not looking at me.

I sighed, I didn’t want to force her but I knew what she did and we needed to talk about it.  “I know you were with Mark the other night.  If you think I’m stupid, you’re wrong.  Taeha and Yuhwan hyung saw you two.”  I finally said.

She finally turned and looked at me.  “So you have your Hyungs watching me now?”  She said, slowly starting to raise her voice.  She shook my hand off and stood up.  “That’s right!  I was with him!  Do you know why?  Because I love him!  NOT YOU!  So,” She took a breath after yelling, “just leave me alone.”  She said and started walking back to the door.

I ran and caught her shoulders.  “You don’t mean that.”  I said in a broken voice.  She faced me with a straight face.  “I mean every word.”  “But I love you!  You can’t do this to me.”  I begged.  “Sungmin…  Wake up.”  She said in a deep voice and slapped me.

Next thing I knew I was laying in my bed.  I looked around to find Taewoon standing next to the bed.  “Why did you slap me?”  I yelled propping myself up on my elbow.  “You seemed like you were having a bad dream.  And it was pay back for the other day, remember?”  He smirked and left the room.

I didn’t want to move, my head was pounding and my eyes were on fire.  What happened the other night?  I thought.  I took a deep breath and pushed myself the rest of the way out of bed and slowly swung my legs over the edge.  “I need a shower…”  As I made my way to the bathroom I kept thinking about my dream.  “There is no way she means that.  It was just a dream.  Yeah, just a dream.”  I reassured myself.  I kept repeating that to myself and without paying attention I ran into Sejoon who had just come out of the bathroom.

I shook my head and stared at him.  “Sorry hyung.  My mind was somewhere else so I wasn’t watching where I was going.”  I went to step around him but he blocked my path.  “What are you doing?”  I asked with a confused look.

“You’ve been ‘out of it’ for a few days now.  What is wrong with you?”  He asked looking me up and down.  “What are you talking about?  I’m fine, I’ve just been thinking a lot.  Am I not allowed to think anymore?”  I asked starting to get annoyed.  Sejoon held up his hands in defense.  “Sungmin, put your fist down!  I’m not trying to fight you.”  He said cause me to get confused again.  I looked next to me and sure enough my hand was in a fist ready to fight.  I unclenched it and ran into the bathroom, locking the door behind me.

“What is wrong with me?”  I asked aloud dropping my towel and grabbing my head.  I started hitting my head, “Get it together!”  I shook my head and the shower.  I stood under the running water for 5 minutes before I washed up.  As I turned off the water, and got out, I heard Yuhwan Hyung yelling, “Let’s go out again!  Drunk Sungmin is fun!”  I opened the door and stared them down.

“You guys let me get drunk last night?”  They jumped and faced me.  I didn’t care anymore, I was mad.  “What do you mean I was fun?  What did I do?”  I asked Yuhwan.  “Well, while you were around us you were just being funny.  I’m not sure afterwards because you left.”  He said, earning a punch in the arm from Taeha.  “OUCH!!”

“You guys let me out of your sight?”  I yelled.  I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose.  “That’s okay, I ended up home so nothing must’ve happened.”  I let out a sigh of relief and started walking to my room.

“I’m just glad he doesn’t remember how he got home.”  Yuhwan said a little too loud.  “OW!!  Taeha, stop punching me!  Damn!”  I sighed and just went to get dressed.

*Later that night*

We all decided that Yuhwan was an alcoholic and just chose to stay in.  We ordered pizza and chicken and watched some movies.  It was all fun and games till I remembered what Yuhwan said earlier.  “I’m just glad he doesn’t remember how he got home.”  What did he mean by that?  I thought.

“Hey guys…”  I started but trailed off.  They gave each other weird looks and then looked back at me.  “What’s wrong Sungmin?”  Jongkook asked resting his hand on my shoulder.  I jumped at his touch and shook my head.  “Nothing.  I was just going to see who wanted to go get drinks with me.  I’m tired of water.”  I lied, standing up.

Yuhwan Hyung jumped up and said, “I’ll go.  Come on!”  He practically ran to put his shoes on.  As I put mine on I started laughing and looked at him.  “We’re not getting alcohol, just so know.”  He groaned and slumped his shoulder.  “Fine!  Whatever.  I’ll still go since I’m a good hyung like that.”  He said as he opened the door.  Good, then I can ask you what you meant earlier.  I thought, smiling.

The convenience store was a couple blocks away was always the funniest one out of all of us.  He would sing, badly, at the top of his lungs; Walk around acting drunk, and sometimes he really was.  And, of course, hit on any hot girl he laid his eyes on.

After we got drinks and a couple snacks, also alcohol since I wasn’t about to fight with him over it because he would win, we walked back in silence.  As our dorm came into view I decided that it was time to ask what I was dying to know.  “Hyung,” I started. “Can I ask you a question?”  He stopped humming and looked at me.  “Well you just did but you can ask me another one if you want to.”  He laughed.  I rolled my eyes, “Oh, you’re so funny.  Anyways, how did I get back home the other night?”  I asked, glancing at him out the corner of my eyes.

He stopped and stared at the bag in his hands.  “Well, uh, we all agreed to not talk about it.”  He said and started walking again.  I stared after him for a second and then ran after him.  “What do you mean?!”  I yelled spinning him around.  “I can’t talk about it!”  He yelled back.  “I swore to the guys.  I can’t break that promise because not only will you get hurt, but the guys will kill me!  I LIKE LIVING!”  He finished and started walking away again.

“Hyung!!”  I yelled running to catch up to him again.  “Please, I need to know.”  I begged.  I dropped the bag and kneeled down.  “Please Hyung, I’m dying here.  I need to know, I won’t tell them you told me.  I won’t tell a single soul.”  I begged as I wiped away the tears that had begun to fall.

“Sungmin, get up.  People are staring.”  He whispered, pulling on my shoulder and looking around.  “Fine, I’ll tell you if you just stand up already!”  He said and helped me up.  I grabbed the bag, wiped my face, and started walking to the building.

Once we were inside he started walking up the stairs, remembering he agreed to tell me, I followed him.  “So I’m not sure about the whole story, but all I know is that someone brought you home that night and you’re not going to like who it was.”  He started as we got to the second floor.  He took a deep breath and glanced at me, “It was Mark.  He said that Star called him to come get you because you were passed out drunk on her lawn.  So he brought you home.”  He explained quickly.  “Jungwoo Hyung and I decided to keep it from you.  Taeha wanted to tell you though.”  He sighed.

My mouth dropped open.  “Wh…What?  Mark…  You mean, like as in…  Mark?”  I asked wide-eyed.  He shook his head ‘yes’.  “And you and Jungwoo agreed to not tell me?  What about Taewoon Hyung?  Did he also want to keep it from me?”  I asked, still in shock.

He shook his head, “No!  He wanted to tell you, everyone wanted to tell you, but Jungwoo somehow convinced them not to.”  He said.  “You can’t tell them I told you, please!  They will get so mad at me.”  He held up his hands, hugging the bag, begging me.

“I won’t tell them, but can I see your phone?”  I asked.  “Why?”  He asked, looking confused reaching into his pocket.  “I can’t find mine and I need to ask Manager Hyung something.”  He pulled out his phone and handed it to me.  “Are you going to ask him where your phone is?”  He asked taking the other bag from me.  I shook my head ‘yes’.  No, I’m going to ask him to switch rooms since I can’t trust you anymore.  I thought.

“Alright, well just hurry up before we eat all these snacks without you.”  He laughed as he went inside.  I rolled my eyes and dialed our Manager’s number.

***