Difficult Decisions (Mark's P.O.V Pt. 1)

Look At Me!

I hadn’t really done much of anything lately because my mind kept going back to the night before.  The night I saw Star kiss Sungmin’s forehead and decided to give up on her.  I shook the thought from my head for the millionth time.  Stop thinking about it, idiot!  I thought as I got up to put my shoes one.  “A run should clear my head.”  I said as I slid my feet into my shoes and opened the door.  It opened easier than it should have and I looked up to see my members.  “Oh!”  I gasped, taken aback.  “I thought you guys were still sleeping.”  I smiled.

“Dude, it’s like 1 in the afternoon.  Why would be still be asleep?”  Yugyeom asked.  “What?  It is not 1 in the …” I stopped after seeing the time on my phone.  “Well look at that, it is 1pm.  Where did the day get to?”  I chuckled.  “Well I’m going for a run, see you guys later.”  I saluted them and started to walk past Jackson, but he blocked my path.  “I don’t think so.”  JB said.  I looked at him and back to Jackson.  “Move Jackson.”  I said raising my voice.  He shook his head ‘no’.  “Not likely, I don’t care if you’re older than me.  I’m not moving.  Now, get inside.”  He said nodding towards the door.

“Wha…Are you kidding me?  I’m just going for a short run.  Jackson, seriously, move before I push you down the stairs.”  I threatened.  He gave JB a worried look then grinned wickedly.  Next thing I knew he had me thrown over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes.  “Would you put me down?!”  I yelled and punched him in the back.  But it seemed to have no effect on him so I just saved my energy to kill him later.  After he threw me onto the couch I went to stand up but he pointed a finger at me.  “I will sit there and hold your hand if I have to.  Stay down.”  He said in a stern voice.  I sighed, rolled my eyes, and sat back.

“We know what happened, why you left us the other night after drinking.”  JB started.  “What are you talking about?”  I asked looking at all of them, confused.  “We saw your phone, and your most recent calls.” BamBam said.  “We know that he called you again, no doubt drunk.  But you have to trust us when we say that it’ll do you no good to hurt him.  It won’t change the past or anything.”  JB said, actually sounding concerned.

How did they find out Sungmin called me?  And that he was drunk?  I thought.  “I’m not going to go hurt anyone.”  I said standing up.  “That would just make her hate me more.”  I sighed and slide my shoes off.  Jackson gave JB a questionable look.  “Your mom got back with your dad?”  Jackson asked, looking back at me.  “WHAT?!”  I yelled, mouth dropping open.  “What Jackson Hyung means is who would be mad if you hurt your dad?  We’re talking about him, aren’t we?”  BamBam asked.  I shook my head yes, “Of course!  Who else would I be talking about?”  I chuckled weakly.  They all gave me weird looks, exchanged looks themselves and then looked back to me.  “So who would be mad if you hurt him?”  JB asked this time.  I whispered and pointed up, “My grandma.”

They all rolled their eyes, Jackson punching my arm after, and walked away.  I sighed, wiped my forehead, and plopped back down onto the couch.  That was a close one.  I thought as I felt my phone vibrate.  I pulled it out of my pocket and look at the screen.  “My Darling<3” I quickly answered the phone.  “Hi sweetie!”  I cooed, “How have you been?” As she talked I couldn’t help but hear worry behind her voice.  “What’s wrong sweetie?  I can tell there is something you’re not telling Oppa.”  I said hearing her sigh.  She mumbled something.  “What?  You need to speak up so I can hear you honey.”  I said.  “They don’t know how much longer I have!” She yelled causing me to move the phone away from my ear.  “What?” I asked slamming the phone back to my head. “Who said that?  Why?  Do they still not know what happened?”  As she answered my questions I shoved my feet back into my shoes and headed for the door.  “I’m on my way.  Tell them I’m coming so they’ll let me see you.” I said, waited for her conformation, and then hung up.  “I’ll be back guys!” I yelled as I ran out the door.  That way they can’t stop me from seeing her.  I thought running down the stairs.

 

*30 minutes later*

 

As I got out of the car I felt my phone vibrate again.  I saw it was the guys, sighed and finally answered it.  “I’m busy, can I call you back when I’m done?” I asked walking into the hospital.  “Where did you go?  I thought you said you weren’t going to hurt him.” Youngjae said, trying to sound mad.  I scoffed and then chuckled, “You really think I’d risk my career on something like him?  If anyone it’s be…  Never mind.  No, I didn’t go find him.  I had something more important come up.  I’ll be back in a few hours.  I’m hanging up.”  I said and did just that without waiting for a response.  I silence my phone as I waved at the security guard who already had the doors unlocked for me.  “Hey Frank, everyone being good for you lately?”  I asked without stopping.  “Of course, but they miss you a lot.”  He smiled.  I laughed and walked through the door that read “Intensive Care.  Authorized Personal Only.”

I smiled as the nurses greeted me.  “How are you Mark?”  “Good to see you again.”  “Welcome back, some miss you more than their own parents.” One nurse said to me as she tied the gown around my back.  “Oh I doubt that.  No one can love, or miss, someone more than their parents.”  I chuckled as I handed her all my accessories, plus my phone and wallet.  Except maybe me.  I thought.  I put sanitizer on my hands as the nurse opened the doors for me.  “Enjoy.” She smiled.  I nodded and walked through the door.

MARK!!” All the kids screamed and came running towards me.  I smiled and kneeled down, ready to get tackled by the 40+ kids coming at me.  As they all hugged me I saw one little girl sitting in the corner facing away from me.  I whispered to the kids, “We’ll play but I want to see my sister first, okay?” Some smiled, some pouted, but they all understood and went back to playing.  I stood up and walked closer to the girl in the corner.  “Annabelle.”  I said softly, laughing as she turned deeper into the corner.  I stepped even closer.  “Belle.” I called her nickname.  This time she didn’t move at all.  I laughed again and ran over to pick her up.  “There’s my beautiful darling, Annabelle!”  I called tickling her making her smile and giggle.  “You cheated!” She said through the laughing.

I stopped tickling her and put on a serious face.  “Oh, I’m sorry.  Do you want me to leave?” I asked as I started to put her down.  “NO!” She screamed and threw her, death grip, arms around my neck.  “You haven’t been here in almost a month, so that means you owe me the rest of your day!” She smiled and kissed my cheek.  I smiled back and nodded, “Okay, but you do have to share me with the others for a while.”  I chuckled as she started to pout.  “Don’t worry, you’re still my favorite.” I whispered, making her smile return.

I tried to come visit the kids at least once every week if not more.  But with starting promotions for our new album, I’ve been too tired to do anything extra after practice.  I didn’t realize I zoned out till Belle smacked my arm.  “You better not be thinking about someone else while you’re with me!” She complained.  I smiled.  “How could I possibly do that?  You’re my most favorite person in the entire world.” I chuckled and kissed her head.  She gave me a big smile and went back to coloring.  How could this have happened to such a sweet little girl?  I thought.

 

*Flash back* -6 year ago-

 

“Mom!  Do you not hear Annabelle crying?”  I hollered to my mom who was sitting on the couch.  She waved her hand, dismissing me.  “She is just throwing a fit.  Leave her alone, she’ll stop when she gets tired.” She said, turning up the volume on the TV.  I sighed and shut my door.  “This isn’t her fit cry.  There is something wrong.”  I thought aloud, pacing my room.  I waited a little longer, to see if she would stop crying, after 5 minutes I stomped my foot.  “That’s it!  There is something wrong and I’m going to find out what it is.” I said putting my shirt on and heading for my door.

As I was about to open my door I heard my dad come in.  “What the is wrong with that kid now?” He asked my mom, more than likely grabbing a beer.  “I don’t know.  She is throwing a fit, so I’m letting her cry it out.” She replied.  “What about the other brat?  Has he been in his room since he got home?” He asked.  I heard the sound of a can opening, Stupid drunk .  I thought.  “Yeah.  He did his chore and went straight in there.  He asked about his sister but didn’t come out.” She said.

I heard footsteps coming closer so I ran to my desk and slipped open my books.  “SHUT UP!” I heard my dad yell, causing me to flinch.  “Stop crying before I beat you!” He continued to yell.  For a second my sister stopped crying, but then she started screaming at the top of her lungs.  Stupid , you scared her.  I thought.  My door opened and I looked back to see my dad, drink in hand, glaring at me.  “Go take your sister to the park or something to get her to calm down and shut up.” He commanded.  I nodded my head and ran past him to get her.

As soon as she saw me enter the room she stopped crying, stood up in her crib and reached for me.  I smiled and ran over to her, picking her up.  “Don’t worry, I’m taking you away from this horrible place.”  I whispered in her ear and hugged her.  I put her back in her crib to pack her diaper bag.  “I’ll be right back.”  I whispered to her and went back to my room.  I found my school bag and emptied the contents onto my bed, then filled it with as many clothes as I could fit.  I took the piggy bank I had hidden under my bed and threw it in the book bag before I zipped it.  I’m taking us both far away from this hell hole.  I thought going to get bottles from the kitchen.  I peeked into the living room and saw my parents passed out.  I grabbed the bottles and ran back to my sister.  I threw the bottles, and two cans of her formula, into the diaper bag and zipped it.  I got Annabelle dressed in some warm clothes, but not too warm since she was already hot.  I threw the bags over my shoulder, picked up my sister and we left the house, and the crappy excuses for parents, forever.

 

*Present day*

 

“Oppa!  Hello!  Earth to Oppa!”  I blinked as Belle waved her hands in front of my face.  “Where did you check out to?”  She asked sitting back down into her chair.  “What?  Oh nowhere.  Sorry sweetie.”  I said patting her head.  “I have to go to the restroom.  I’ll be right back.  Promise.”  I stood up and walked to the door.  The nurse outside opened it for me.  “Everything okay?  You’re not leaving already are you?”  She asked as she untied my gown.  “Oh no.  I just have to use the rest room and get some air.  My mind is just everywhere today.”  I smiled and heading to the bathroom.

As soon as I got to the bathroom I took a deep breath and splashed some cold water on my face.  “Just breathe; you got her away from them.  They can’t hurt her now.  She is safe.  Breathe…”  I told myself trying to calm down.  I splashed more cold water on my face then dried it.  I took another deep breath and went back to get my phone.  “I need to make a quick call before I go back in.” “That’s fine.  Here you go.” The nurse smiled and handed me my phone.

I went back into the hallway and stared at my phone.  “Who am I going to call?  No one knows about Belle.”  I thought aloud.  I thought about it for another second, but no one came to mind.  I sighed and slid to the floor, putting my head in my hands.  My phone vibrated against my head causing me to jump.  I looked around to make sure no one saw and then looked at my phone.  “JYP” I started at the phone with fear then slowly answered it.  “Hello?”  I said hesitantly. “Where are you right now?” He asked in an angry voice.  “Uh, well I came to see a friend of mine.” I said slowly standing up, still leaning against the wall.  “Who is this friend?  If you don’t tell me the truth, then consider yourself on probation.”  He said, sounding less angry and more like a father figure.  “Sir, do you remember what I told you a few months ago?  The family situation that I told you about, that is where I am right now.  But I don’t want the guys to know just yet.”  I sigh.  “Please, can we keep it from them a little longer?”  I asked.  I heard him sigh and then answered, “You need to tell them soon.  We can’t hide it forever.”  I sighed in relief.  “Don’t worry sir; her birthday is coming up so I’m going to bring them to her party here at the hospital.  Thank you sir, thank you.”  I hung up and decided to go back to my sister.

I did the cleaning routine like always and went back to my sister.  “You were gone for a long time.  Did everything come out smoothly?”  She asked, laughing.  I messed up her hair and laughed along with her.  “Everything is fine.  I had a phone call I had to take.”  I smiled and looked at her drawing.  “What’s that?”  I asked.  She looked down and hid it from me.  “It’s nothing.  Draw your own thing.”  She said shoving paper at me.  “Seriously, what is that?”  I tried to grab the drawing but she smacked my hand.  “How dare you smack your Oppa.  That’s it, the tickle monster is going to get you!”  I said and started tickling her.  While she was giggling and trying to stop me I grabbed the drawing.  “YAH!!  Oppa, don’t look at that!”  She yelled trying to get it back from me.  I stood up and held it above my head.  “If you can reach it you can have it back.”  She sighed and sat back down.  I spit out my tongue at her and looked at the drawing.  It was of me, my members and her at her birthday party.  “What is this sweetie?”  I asked sitting down and handing it back to her.  “I just, I wanted to be with my brother on his birthday.  It would be cool to have GOT7 perform but I know that wouldn’t be possible.  So it’s nothing, just a drawing.”  She sighed and stared at it.  Should I ruin the surprise or make her think I’m not doing anything?  I thought smiling.  She gave me a weird look and went to go play with some of the other kids.

I sat there for a while watching her with the other kids.  I wasn’t surprised how many friends she had since she’s been here for almost 8 years.  I couldn’t believe how fast she grew up, it felt like yesterday I was carrying a little baby into this hospital.