Sticky Situations(Star's P.O.V)

Look At Me!

I sat up with a jolt; it took me a few seconds to remember where I was.  When I looked around the room my members were staring at me.  “What?”  I asked confused.  Instead of answering they just went back to what they were doing before I woke up.  “Yah! Why did you let me fall asleep?”  I asked Haeryung pulling on her headphone string to pull them out of her ears.

“You looked tired.  So I let you sleep.  You might want to check your face.  We go on in 10 minutes.”  She laughed and put her headphones back in.  I looked at her with confusion and she pointed to her cheek and laughed again.  I jumped up off the couch and looked in the mirror.

She was right; I should check my face before we go on.  Once I saw the huge red spot on my face I froze.  What am I going to do?  I can’t go on stage with this big red spot.  What will the fans think?  They will probably write those crazy fan fictions about my members and I…  I shivered not wanting to finish that thought.  And then, not knowing what else to do, I screamed.  Which made everyone in the room, and probably building, jump.

“Guys!!  What am I going to do??  Never let me sleep before a show again!!”  I said frustrated that no one tried to stop this.  But this was one of the faults of being the maknae; they always picked on you.  I was trying everything I could to get it to go away but nothing was working.  I fell backwards into the chair and closed my eyes.  “What am I going to do?”  I sighed.  Just then something cold touched my face and I jumped.

When I looked up Mark was standing there holding an ice pack with a worried look on his face.  “I’m sorry.  Did I scare you?”  He asked.  “I always get red marks when I sleep.  I’ve found that cold gets rid of them quickly.”  He smiled and held the ice pack out.  I took it and smiled, “Thanks.  You’re my life saver.”  I said looking in the mirror to make sure I was covering the spot.

“But how did you know I needed this?”  I asked, looking at him behind me.

“I saw you earlier.  You seemed out of it.  I’m usually a zombie when I don’t get enough sleep.  I asked my members if that’s what I looked like when I was tired and they all said yes.  So I just assumed you were tired.”  He laughed and sat next to me.  “I’m always tired since I have to practice more than the others since I’m the” he made air quotes, “”flying member” of the group.  And then I just assumed, when I heard a girl scream, that you had just woken up with a red mark before you girls went on.”  He laughed at looked in the mirror at my cheek.  “And I was right.”  He smiled showing his perfectly white teeth.

“Well thanks.  My members obviously don’t care if I make the group look bad.”  I said throwing a look to my members.

“We care.  We weren’t going to let you go out like that.  I mean especially with what happened earlier.”  Jiyeon said in her snotty tone.  She couldn’t help but sound like that, it was just how she spoke.

“Wait.  What happened earlier?”  Mark asked.  Yet again I threw a death look to Jiyeon for bringing that back up.  “It was nothing.”  I smiled and touched his knee.  “You shouldn’t worry yourself with it.”

He grabbed my hand and started playing with my fingers.  “You do realize that you’re disturbing my concentration.”  He laughed and cracked my knuckles.  “Yah!”  I said punching him and pulled my hand away.

“Yo Marker!”  I heard someone yell from the door.  We both turned to see JB, and the other GOT7 members, standing in the door frame.  “Marker.  Stop playing with your girlfriend and come on.  We are going on next.”  JB said sounding annoyed. 

Mark sighed and stood up.  “How many times do I have to tell you she isn’t my girlfriend?”  He said walking over to them.  He turned and gave me a silly look then punched JB in the shoulder.  “And my name isn’t Marker, saeng.”  He said, even though it was disrespectful since JB was their leader.  But the guys always joked like that.  “I’ll see you later Star.”  He smiled, waved, and then walked out with s.

I smiled and turned back to the mirror.  He is always so sweet to me.  I thought and pulled the ice pack away from my face.  “WHOA!!”  I yelled.  “Oops, sorry.”  I said looked at my face again.  The red mark was GONE.  I was so surprised that I moved my head around to make sure that it was really gone.  It was amazing, he had been right.  The only bad thing was now my cheek was freezing and sent a chill down my spine.

***

We were finally done performing, and thankfully we were last so we didn’t have to wait for the ending of the show long.  I couldn’t really stay awake much longer.  I was so tired from practicing and performing that I just wanted to pass out.  I closed my eyes and felt myself starting to rock back and forth.  That’s not a good idea.  I thought.

“BOO!!”  Someone yelled behind me making me jump.  I turned around, while holding my heart, to see a smiling Mark standing behind me very proud of himself.  “Are you awake now?”  He asked and laughed.  I punched him in the arm but ended up hurting my own hand.  “Hasn’t anyone ever told you to not punch brick walls?”  He laughed again and brushed off his arm where I punched him.

“You’re not that strong.  I can still beat you with running in heels.”  I said and took off.  I didn’t really want to be messed with right now since I was so tired and cranky.  I caught up to my members who were getting ready to walk onto the stage.  “Hey guys!”  I yelled making a lot of people look.  “Sorry.”  I said to everyone and then looked in front of the others to see SPEED laughing.  My eyes went right to Sungmin and then quickly away.

“Would you shut up?  They are getting ready to go live again.  You’re so dumb sometimes.”  Jiyeon said pulling me closer to them.  I just looked down at my feet as we walked onto the stage.  I really didn’t like that they were so mean to me but I couldn’t do anything.  Once we were onstage I saw GOT7 walking up and saw the look Mark was giving me saying “I’m going to stand next to you and pick on you more.”  So I quickly moved to the other side of my group and sighed.

I didn’t want to look up and see the look he was giving me now so I just kept my head low and studied the floor.  It wasn’t till I heard a low groan next to me that I looked up to see Sungmin standing awkwardly next to me.  I let out a slight whimper and thought, What do I do?  Stand next to Mark and get picked on on live television or stand awkwardly next to Sungmin?  Why do I have to go through this?!  I just smiled at him and looked back down.

After they announced the winner, and we congratulated them, we went back to the dressing room to change and get all of our stuff.  When we walked in there was a HUGE basket of flowers sitting on the vanity.  All the girls squealed and ran over to it and started searching for a card.  “WHAT!?!”  Jiyeon yelled holding a small index card.  She shot me a death glare and looked back at the card.

“What?  Let me see it!”  Haeryung said taking the card out of her hands and reading it.  I don’t think that I’ve ever seen her smile so big till now.  She walked over to me and handed me the index card.  “Read it.”  She smiled.  I looked down at the card and my mouth dropped open.

“Star;
Hope you’re okay.  Sorry about earlier.
I tried to find flowers as beautiful as you.
But I couldn’t.  Enjoy them anyways.
                                                 –XXX”

“They…  They’re for me?”  I asked confused rereading the card.  Haeryung smiled and patted my shoulder.  “I don’t know who XXX is but you seem to have someone that likes you.”  She walked away and I looked back down at the card.  XXX I thought. Who could that be?  Earlier?  The guy from… 

“Star!”  I turned to see Sungmin, and SPEED, walking through the door.  He noticed the card in my hands and took it and read it.  “What’s this from?”  He asked then noticed the flowers behind me.  “Who sent these?”  I shrugged.  “Well that was sweet of whoever it was.”  He gave me my card back and walked away.  I’m so confused!!  What is with him now?  Now we’re okay?  We were just awkward on stage.  I sighed and put the note in my back pocket and went to gather my stuff.