4

How to Save a Life

Another month have passed and Jiyong still did not wake up. The Bigbang members was supposed to be given separated jobs but they told their Sajangnim that they wanted to be able to also have the time to visit and check on Jiyong.YG was not able to do anything than to postpone all their activities and give the rookies the spotlight which the Bigbang boys didn't mind.  What's imprortant for them is for Jiyong to be okay.

 

Dara also got closer to them. Although, she rarely visits Jiyong these days because of her trips, she still keeps in touch with them and never forget to call whenever she's free.

 

It was just one of those saturdays that the boys are staying in Jiyong's private room. They were playing a video game noisily and didn't notice that Jiyong's eyes slowly opened. He blinked a few times and tried to remember what happened.

 

He creased his forehead. He can remember a few things but not everything. He let out a grunt. His head hurts too much for trying to recall things. Seungri heard it and checked if his ears were not playing tricks on him.True enough, it was coming from Jiyong's bed.With too much excitement,he screamed like a fan girl.

 

 

Seungri: Jiyong hyuuuunnnggggggg!!!!aaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!

 

The other three was startled and panicked thinking that something might have happened to Jiyong.

 

Daesung:What!?!Why?! Jiyong hyung don't die on us yet! We still have to do a comeback! Waaahh!!!!

 

They quickly ran towards Jiyong's bed only to find him staring at them like they were crazy.

 

Jiyong:You dimwit! I'm not dying, My head hurts like hell. What am I doing here? how lnong have I been here?

Youngbae: Ji! i'm so glad you're awake now!

 

They all hugged him. when they have relaxed.

 

Youngbae:Would you belive you were alseep for 2 months?

Jiyong: What?!

Top: You deaf now? Yah, maknae call the nurse and tell them that he's awake.

Seungri: Waahh!!Hyung, I missed you !!!

Daesung: Yah! just call the nurse! Pali!

 

Seungri then called the nurse which immediately called Bom since Dara forced her to personally take care of Jiyong, that way she'll also be updated with Jiyong.Bom wanted to ask her why but she shrugged the idea and just let her do the things that she wants,as long as it makes her happy and it won't hurt her.

 

It was not the first time for the boys to see Bom but it was Jiyong's first time to see her and just like the boys'  first time seeing her, he was in awe. Bom was done checking Jiyong's stats. She removed her stethoscope and spoke...

 

Bom:It's a miracle that you have survived the accident. You're lucky that you were just asleep fro 2 months. If you follow what I say,take the medications that I have prescribed and eat healthy food, you'll be out in no time.

Jiyong: Thank-thank you, Dr. Park.

Seungri:Geezz..Hyung. Don't stutter. I know noona is pretty but don't be too obvious.

Youngbae: Shut up ,maknae. We almsot had the same reaction when we first met Bom noona.

Bom: Aisht! You boys are such nuissance.

Jiyong: You look familiar. I think I've seen you somewhere. I just can't remember....

Seungri: C'mon hyung...you can do it..remember where you saw her.kekeke (smirking)

Top: Don't dwell on it too much,Jiyong. Your head might hurt again. Just rest.

Jiyong: But...but....

Daesung: Aisht! She's Park Bom! Remember the magazine that Seungri showed us?

Jiyong: Oh! yes, I remember. Annyeonhaseyo.

Bom: And now you greeting me? Stop being too formal.

Jiyong: Sorry.

Bom: Well, I have to go now. I'lI still have other patients to attend to. Oh, have you already informed  Dara that he already woke up?

Youngbae: Not yet. but we will call her to tell her Jiyong is awake now. I'm sure she'll be ecstatic.

Bom: Arraso.I'll go ahead now. I'll come back later to check on you.

 

Bom went out of the room. Once she's out....

 

Jiyong: Man, I could get sick everyday! No wonder I woke up in just two months! My doctor's IS a hot one!

Seungri: Man, you never changed. wait 'til you see the one who saved your life. I bet you'll drop your jaws.kekeke

Jiyong: Eh? What do you mean?

Top: She saw you when you had the accident and brought you to the hospital. And you have one common denominator, by the way.

Jiyong: And that is?

Youngbae: Kiko Mizuhara. Does that ring a bell?

Jiyong:Kiko? What does she have to do with the one who saved me?

Daesung:She happens to be the ex-bestfriend of the one who saved you.I tell you, hyung,there was too much drama when Kiko-shii came with all the media men! Dara noona smashed her ego and stepped on it!

Jiyong: She ....came here?

Seungri: Yeah...for the drama...and for the attention.

Jiyong: I don't understand her. She broke up with me and now she came here.

Youngbae: She doesn't love you ,Ji . She loves what your reputation can give her. When will you realize that?

Top: Wow. Way to go, Bae.Shove it to his face that he's stupid.

Jiyong:I...Whatever....

Seungri: It's okay,hyung.Once you see Dara noona, you'll forget who Kiko is and you might forget where you are and what your name is.

Jiyong:That's crazy and obviously exaggerated.

Seungri: Don't tell me I didn't tell you.

Daesung: Oh, so who's going to call noona?

Seungri,Top, Youngbae,Daesung: Me!

Jiyong:Aisht! Why are you all so excited!

Top: You'll find out soon.kekeke

Daesung: Is noona in Korea already?

Youngbae: She told me she'll be back this week but she didn't give me an exact date.She's busy you now. 

Jiyong: When have you been this close to that Dara you're talking about? Who is she?

Seungri: Really, hyung? You don't remember her name and her face?

Jiyong: Do I look like I do, rat?

Seungri:Aisht! Whatever. Let's just call Dara noona. Yah! Top-hyung, put it on speakers!

Top:Aisht!I'm older than you! Why are you scolding me?!

 

After a few rings, Dara answered the call...

 

Dara: Annyeonghaseyo~~~~~!!!

Seungri: Noona! noona!

Dar: Oh,hi panda! how's my favorite,panda?!

Daesung: Hello ,Dara noona!

Dara:Omo!how's my Daesunggie?I bought a lot of Doraemon stuff when i was in Japan, to be added to your collection! They're so cute!

Top: Yah!!! what about me?!

Dara: Of course I wouldn't forget to buy something for Tabi.keke

Youngbae: Yah! Don't you dare forget about me!

Dara: Of course not! You are my SOLmate after all, kekeke.

Seungri:Do you also have something for me, noona?

Dara: Well, I can't put wrap a y model for you panda,so I bought other things .

 

Jiyong was dumbfounded. Even without the boys telling their names, Dara was able to identify them. They did bond well.   Seungri noticed Jiyong and his expression and he smirked.

 

Seungri: Noona! noona! Did you also buy something for Jiyong hyung?

Dara: Yes, of course. I just don't know if he'll like this, though. But anyway,why did you guys call?Miss me already? kekeke

Top:Of course we do! We missed your cooking!

Dara:Aisht! I knew it!

Youngbae: When are you going to come back here by the way?

Dara: Uhm.. that I'm not sure,Bae.We're still doing shoots here and then there's gonna be a Fashion Show tomorrow. I guess i'll be there next week. I'm so exhausted.

Daesung:Don't you know the word  "rest" ,noona?

Dara:(giggled)Silly. I just want to make the most out of the time i have left .

Top: yah! You sound like you're dying. By the way, we have news for you!

Dara: What is it?

Seungri: Jiyong is finally awake! Bom noona just came here to check on him and she said that if Jiyong hyung will just follow all her prescription ,he'll be out here in no time.

Dara: Omo! Really?! That's great? Is he eating the right food and taking his meds on time? Aigoo,How I wish I could be there. You boys couldn't even take care of yourself. How will I expect you to take care of him?

 

The boys laughed while Jiyong froze and blushed. Basing from her voice, she sounds sweet and young. And she sounds caring. They haven't met before but he felt a certain connection to the girl.He felt excited to meet her.

 

Youngbae: Whatever. Finish your work faster so you can visit him here and we miss you already. Do you want to talk to him right now?

Dara: How I wish I could but I don't have enough time right now. The makeup artist is calling me now. Oh. turn on the TV at 12 pm korean time. Club Clio says they're going to release the commercial that time. Annyeong! Bigbang,fighting! Pyong!!!

 

The phone call ended and the boys were now conversing.

 

Daesung: I'm so excited for noona to come home!!Waaah!!!! New doraemon things!

Top: So Ji, what do you think of her basing from her voice?

Jiyong:Well, she sounds...nice and caring...and sweet.

Seungri: Yes,she sure is!

Youngbae: Yah! Daesung-ah! turn on the TV! It's almost 12!Pali!

 

The boys were looking through there television waiting for Dara's commercial..When Dara's commercial was shown ,everyone of them focused on the screen like they were reviewing their performnce. When it was done. Theey remained in awe.

 

Top: She.....

Youngbae: ...was...

Daesung: ..sooo...

Seungri: AWESOME!!!!!BEAUTIFUL!

Jiyong: Was...Was that the one who was on the pohne with you a while ago? Was she the one who saved me?

Seungri: YES!! You're so lucky, hyung!

Jiyong:Are you sure that's her?

Top: Yep.If you won't believe us, that's fine, man.You'll personally see her soon .Your parents and your sister is also fond of her.

Jiyong: They met her already?

Youngbae: Yes. They met here. She was the one that was the one who was here when your parents came here. Her auntie loves her like she was her daughter .Same as uncle. And Dami noona is spoiling her as well! She's been sending her all her items in her store! 

Jiyong: How can..how can she do that?Why do you like her so much?

Daesung: She's the perfect girl,hyung. You'll know why we like her soon.keke

Youngbae: you might even fall in love with her,Ji.

Jiyong:What are you talking about?! YaH!

 

Jiyong blushed and the four of them laugh. Jiyong really wouldn't know how to react. Seeing Dara on TV already made him speechless.Now he's wondering what  her presence can do to him.

--------------------

 

CL: Unnie, are you really trying to make your life span shorter? You're killing yourself! You don't need to work!

Dara:Aisht! aisht, stop nagging at me ,Chae. I'm your unnie.

CL :Yeah,whatever. All I'm trying to sy is don't overwork. Please.

 

Dara saw the sincerity in her sister's eyes. The moment Chaerin knew that she was flying to Paris, she also caem with her, leaving her boutique to her secretary.

 

Dara: Chae, 'm taking my meds on time,okay? You're also here so why are you so worried about me? please ,I don't want to feel so weak.just let me be.

CL: You know I love you ,unnie. I don't want to lose you.(CL sat beside Dara and hugged her,her head leaning Dara's shoulder.. Dara held her head)

Dara: Chaecat, you know time will come that I'll be gone .We can stop that, no one can . I would kill just to live longer with you but you know it will happen sooner. So while I still have the time , I wanted to do the things that I want. I want to live my life and I wanted to live a life that will inspire someone. A life that will make you proud of me..

CL: But we are. Please just go through one last surgery unnie, for us.Please.

Dara: The surgery won't change a thing ,Chae, I'm going to die.It will just give all of us false hopes and I don't want that. It will hurt you more.

CL:Unnie. I'm scared of losing you. (Chaerin is now crying her heart out. Dara wanted to cry but she held her tears knowing that CL might notice her weakness)

Dara: Look at me, Chae.(held Chaerin's cheeks with the palm of her hands)Aigoo, my Chaecat is crying like a baby.(brushed CL's tears) no matter what happens ,Unnie will always be with you.You may not see me through your eyes, but I am always in your heart. I will be there to hug you when it's dark and I will cheer you up when you feel down. I will never let you feel that you are alone. Besides, Minzy and Bom unnie will still be with you. I will always be a part of all of you, Cae. Remember that, arasso?

CL: I can't ,unnie. I just can't be happy without you.

Dara: Don't say that. Only weak people  rely their happiness to someone else and you are not weak,Chae.However, I promise that I'll have someone watch over you and be with you, when I'm gone. But know that I will be beside you, always. Neh?

 

 

CL just nodded. She couldn't let go of her unnie. Among all her sisters ,she was the one to show less emotions but right now, she can't help it anymore. She was losing her bestfriend. Dara was the sister that was always there, although she was close to Bom and minzy, she was closest to Dara. The three of them always held on to Dara. She was their vitamin,she was their sunshine. She was always the one there for them. What would life be without you, unnie?CL asked and she help on to Dara even more.

 

Dara already tucked CL to sleep .She didn't stop crying until she fell asleep. She stood up from the bed and after making sure that CL was asleep and making sure that she is covered and comfortable, she went out the terrace of their hotel room. She watched Paris and it was breathtaking. When she was young, she had simple dreams and one of them was to visit Paris with the one he loves .She smiled sadly. Will that time come? Will she be albe to experience it soon or will time beat her to it? A tear fell from her eye. She felt sad again.She felt so weak. The time she knew she wa dying, she wanted did her best  to look touh in front of her family. She never made hem feel like she is scared of dying. She never was scared of dying,she was afraid of leaving the people dear to her. Who would Bom share her secret craziness with knowing that she does not easily get comfortablearound people? Who would Chaerin tell her heartaches and whose shoulder will she cry on when she doesn't want anyone see her tears? Who will Minzy share her crushes with when everyone treats her like a baby? Who will her mom have her cooking tutorials with every Saturdays and who will her dad play golf every Sundays when she leaves?

 

Nothing hurts more that finding out that you can't do anything to change what's supposed to happen. The only thing she can do is to make sure that they will have someone to rely on one's she's gone,a replacement of her.

 

She looked at Paris again. She released a sigh before closing the door and lying beside Chaerin. I'm sorry, Chaerin-ah. Unnie is sorry. She said before closing her eyes and hoping she'll wake up tomorrow with enough energy to make the world believe that she is fine.