3

How to Save a Life

Dara arrived at home looking tired as ever. When she opened the main door,she leaned on the door and closed her eyes. She was so tired and couldn't think straight. A lot of things are running on her mind.She can't get Jiyong out her mind. She has this certain feeling that she needed to help him. She let out a sigh.Just then ,Her younger sister, Minzy, just came down from her room.

 

Minzy: Unnie! Where have you been? You weren't home last night?(kissed Dara on the cheek when she was near her)

Dara: Oh, I was at the hosptoal. Didn't Bom unnie tell you?

minzy: Ani. I wasn't able to see her,too. Chaein unnie is also busy. All of you are. You've no time for me.

Dara: Aisht!Look who's talking?! You're also busy with your studies and with being involved with the company.Aigoo. Mingkki, you have to enjoy your age. Don't grow up too fast. Enjoy your life while you still have the time.

Minzy: Unnie, don't talk like that! I really hate it when you talk like you're going to leave us. Don't lose hope, okay?

Dara: Yes,for you ,Minzy, I won't.

Minzy: Good. Now, I'll go ahead because I still have class. Annyeong, unnie! I love you!

 

Dara watched as Minzy rode her car and sped off. She left out another sigh again. If only I could keep up my promise, Minzy-ah.I'm sorry I can't fight anymore. I'm too tired. Dara thought.She immediately went to her room to take a bath and rest for a while. She still need to check with her manager if she has schedules for today.

 

------------------------------ 

At the hospital, The boys were tasked to take care of Jiyong. His parents and her sister had just left and will come back the next day. Top ,Daesung , and Taeyang are the ones on Jiyong's room when Sunegri suddenly came in carrying a newspaper and he looks troubled.

 

Seungri: hyungs, turn on the television! Jiyong hyung is all over the news!

True it is , Jiyong has been all over the news channels and entertainment channels. They were too focused on the television that they didn't notice someone has already entered the room.

 

Someone cleared and that got the boys attention.

 

Seungri: Dara noona!

Dara: Hi. quite energertic ,aren't we?kekeke

Seungri: I'm just happy to see you,noona. How are you?Are you hear to visit Jiyong hyung?

Dara: Deh. I'm sorry if we weren't not able to get the media to find out about the accident. but I assure you that they will nto be able to get inside this room or even the hosital.

Taeyang :Thank you ,Dara.We owe you and you're sister a lot.

Dara: It's nothing. I'm pretty sure anyone of you will do the same for me if I'm on this situation. Have you have your lunch?

Top:Deh. We already ate.

Dara: OH I see. I brought some cookies by the way. I baked this .JUst grab some if you want some.I'll put it here.

 

They were in the middle of their conversation when the door suddenly opened revealing a familiar figure with a couple of people from the press. Dara and the boys froze for a moment since the situation didn't synched  in yet.

 

" Jiyong!" The girl wearing a tight black dress stopping just three inches above her knees ran towards Jiyong's sleeping body and cried.

 

Seungri: Jiyong hyung is not even dead yet but she's acting like he already is.

Top:Shut it ,maknae. Don't you see she brought some press poeple here.Obviously this is part of her drama.

 

The press started to ask question to all of them.Dara immediately called the guards to tell them about the situation.

 

Mediaman: Miss Park,how are you related to BigBang and To kwon Jiyong? Do you have a realationship? Is that why you're hiding him here in your familiy's hospital?

 

Dara stayed quiet. She's starting to feel a bit dizzy. too much peopole...Too soffucating. Ugh She complained inside.

 

Dara :I don't think this is the right time and place to talk about that. Please leave this place. This is a private hospital and I can sue you and the the person who brought you here.

 

Top: You heard, Dara-ssi.Please give Jiyong and us the privacy we need. We will be releasing an offical dtatement about this but please leave Jiyong alone. He is still recovering.. Sajangnim will be releasing an official statement please anticipate for it.

" What statement are you trying to say ,Top-ssi?" All eyes were now on the girl who came running in Jiyong's sleeping figure a wile ago. She then took a few steps and reached Bigbang, Dara and the the media. Youngbae just closed his eyes for a second and spoke.

 

Youngbae: What are you doing here, Kiko?

Kiko: What kind of question is that?! I'm here for Jiyong, Youngbae!

Seungri: More like you're here for the attention ,attention .

Daesung: Watch your mouth, maknae, she's still a girl...A girl that doesn't act like one.

 

That earned a small laugh from the others.

 

Kiko:God, I hate y'all.

Top the feeling is just mutual,Kiko.

Kiko: Whatever. You(referring to Dara) What the hell are you doing here?!

DAra: It's nice to see you to, Kiko-ssi. Had enough **bleep**in' in Japan and decide to spread your virus here?

 

The boys can no longer help it so they burst out in laughter.

Kiko: Shut it ,you **bleep**. you have stolen quite enough for me and I;m not going to let you take Jiyong!

Dara: First, I never stole anything from you, I don't need to,dear.Second, I'm not doing anytihng YET to get Jiyong on my side.Are you that scared of me?

Kiko: Why You--(raised her hand to slap Dara but Dara was able to hold her wrist)

Dara: Oh please like I will let you filthy hands touch my sensitive skin and my baby face. Who knows what's the last thing you touch with this hand of yours?!I'm not sute why you're here , KIko but there's only one thing I want to tell you, Don't get in my way or I'll definitely make sure that you'll lose everything you have right now

 

Kiko: Who are you to threaten me like that?!

Dara: Oh I'm just your biggest nightmare. you know that when I open this prettly little lips of mine, you'll lose everything. You're career and probably I could convince G-Dragon-ssi as well .But you already broke up with him ,right? So , that's not necessary.

Kiko: You can't do that---

Dara: You know I can.If I didn't back out with Metro Japan , you wouldn't get that job. And not to mention the other jobs I declined for you and for your jealous friends. Now where would you and your minions be if I go back to Japan? i'm pretty sure that offers will start swinging around.right? I can only imagine you getting pissed and dying with jealosuy seeing my pretty face all over Japan. That'll be priceless.

KIko: UGHHHH!! We are so not over,Dara!

Dara: Of course we aren't! you started this and I will be the one to finish this.

 

When Dara saw Kiko get out of the room together with the press people she brought with her, he launched herself on the big sofa with closed eyes. She wanted to look strong but her heart feels otherwise. She did her best to stop hwer tears. She doesn't want the boys to know what happened between her and Kiko. At least not yet.

 

The boys then gathered around her,feeling that there were eyes scrutinizing her, she slowly opened her eyes meeting the curious eyes of 4 men. She smiled sweetly to them.

 

Dara: Hi! (smiled)

Seungri: C'mon noona, spill it. What was that about?

Daesung: Yeah. I didn't know you can shut her up like that. If only I knew, I sghould've looked for you before!

DAra: you guys are crazy.kekeke.

Taeyang: Why are you changing the topic?

Dara: Whio says I am?

Top; C'mon noona,spill it out.

Dara: You really won't let me off with this, am I right?

 

Dara just got a node from the four of them.Dara just sighed.

Dara : Fine. But I'm wating you, this is going to be a long story.

Seungri: We have all day.

 

The boys then sat down and looed at Dara seriously.

 

Dara: You boys look funny. You're so into gossips.

Taeyang: Just get on with your story.

Dara:Fine! Fine! Geezz. calm down.kekeke.. Well, Kiko and I are best ,,wait, let me rephrase that,...were best friends..she was one of the closest people to me. She was almost like a sister to me. But she did something which I think wasn;t right. I talked to her and told her she should stop doing it. She said she will. I thought she'll stop it but she didn't  and what;s worse is that she spread false stories about me. I didn't do anything. I stayed quiet and tried to look for ways to talk to her but I couldn't even reach her through her phone.She changed her number. So I continued with my life and still modeled but tyhe stories she'd made were getting worse and I couldn't take it anymore because Chaerin, which is by the way one of my sisters, heard and she was furious abotu it. Not because she thought it was true but because it was too offending and she know it wasn't true. So I told Chaeri what happened and the next thing I knew is that she's already at my door step the next morning . She drag me to where Kiko was shooting for a magazine whiich was supposedly mine.....

FLASHBACK

 

Chaerin: This is supposed to be your shoot, unnie. Why did you give it to the **bleep**?!

Dara: I thought this'll doo us good. I know she wated for this offer to come. i thought that maybe if I decline this she'll think that I value our friendship and she'll thank me and we'll be back to normal but it got worse. You don't have to do this, Chae. This'll just make everything worse that it already is.

Chaerin: unnie, she's taking advantage with your weakness to the point that she' ruining you! If you let her be well I won't! i'm not  gonna take that!

 Dara: Chae, please. Let's not make this a big deal.

Chaerin: What is wrong with your brain?! dhe's ruunging your reputation and you tell me not to make a big deal out of this? I"m your sister, unnie.! i won't let anyone ruin you especially tell false stories about you!When will you ever learn to stand up for yourself?!

Dara: Chae I-----

 

Kiko: Well, look who's here, people. It's the and one of her sister as well.

 

Dara's eye twitched. Irritation went inside her head and somehow it let loose one of the screws that was holding her sanity. Nobody can insult her sisters.

 

Dara: Did she just call you , Cl-roo?

CL: (smirked)Yes, she sis, big sis. Yes she did. And she also call you one, too.

 

Dara faced Kiko  and her minions with dakr aura clear on his face. Kiko and her other friends were taken aback by the sudden change of the ambiance on the place. Dara's face was serious and her eyes were dark. She was clam but it was clear that she was pissed as hell and she's ready to kill. But, she maintained her composure just like an educated woman should act. Everyone on the set felt the tension and Chaerin jsut smirked knowing what would happen next. She felt excited and just stayed back. She knew her unnie so well and she knows what gets her tick off from her kindness.

 

Dara:Excure me but did I jsut hear you ,right? You called me and my sister ""?

 

Kiko was scared at how calm but firm Dara's voice was. But she forced and looked at her, showing everyone she wasn't scared.

 

Kiko:ye--Yes ,I did.

 

Dara let out a mocking laugh.

 

Dara: You've got to be talking to yourself, Kiko. Do you honestly think that telling everyone false sotries about me will make you more famous?! C'mon you can do better than that. If you're really that great of a model, do you have to ruin my reputaion? You just proved me how low you re. Where did you atudy by the way? Surely,the school from where you're from forgot to teach you about manners most especially, Respect. Or maybe they taught it but you were not paying attention or maybe you're absent that time. Probably busy having xes with another student or a professor to get high grades. you know, just like how you usually get everything you want, the KIko Mazuhara way. How many producers have you slept with? How many models have you tricked? How many abortion did you have to be where you're at right now? No wonder you got so insecure with me. Because I got everything with without even having the effort to lift a single finger or to to have a sweat to fall from my face. You got jeaolus because I am everything you're not. Now, If you'll excuse me and my sister, we have some important business to attend to. We realyl don't want to waste time with people with heads like yours. You can;t process everything we say because you're so stupid and low. See you around, Kiko.

 

Dara then left making saure ot bump her shoulders on hers. She walked away without looking back. Chaerin then shook her head while walking. She's i=now in front of Kiko looking at her from her head to toe and back. She had a wide smile on her face but her cat-like eyes is not showing a happy expression . It was somewhat similar with her sister's .

 

Chaerin: Uhm.. Kiko... I think you dropped something....

Kiko: Huh? (Kiko looked down to look for something she may have dropped) No I didn't.

Chaerin: Oh yes you sis. You fropped your dignity on the floor and my sister just stepped on it.

 

Just like what Dara did, she walked out intentionally bumping Kiko's shoulder. She stopped a few steps away from her.

 

Chaerin: Oh yeah, and one more thing(turns her head to were eveyone is) Don't ever forget this day. At least this should serve as a reminder to you not to mess with any of us.. We can play paly your games. We're not the poeple you should mess with.

 

Everyone shivered. Chaerin's voice was cold.Everyone was dumbfounded and kiko froze on her spot .

 

---End of Flashback----

 

Dara: We still see each other because we were still from one industry but we never fail to piss eac other off. It's fun though but it's quite tiring some times. She jsut won't stop until she gets rid of me. And that's pretty much it.

Seungri: Wow.. I never knew she's that really protective over you.

Dara:Excure me, Panda, but who are you referring to?

seungri: Oh...uhm.. no one noona. I was talking to my slef.

Taeyang: Let her be, Dara-ah. So, you mean to say that Kiko becaome your worst enemy?

dara: No. She's just a stupid insecure fish that I can't get rid of. She really is not that challenging for me. Her stupidity is just for my entertainment. People like her should not be taken seriously.

 

The boys laghed with Dara's bluntness.She sure is something and they can't wait for Jiyong to meet her.