eleven

How to Save a Life

Ailee: There's something fishy about Seunghyun.

Chaerin:What are you talking about?Everything is fishy with that kid.

Chaerin was still busy with checking the new skecches for her new collection when she heard Ailee speak.

Ailee: Come on, Chaerin. Don't you think it's too impossible for him not to remember you?

Chaerin spared her a look.

Chaerin:Look, I don't care if he remembers me or not .What's important to me is that, he should stay away from me.

Ailee: Are you sure its not important to you? I mean you can lie to me but you can never lie to yourself, you know.

Chaerin: Aill\re, I hired you to be my assistant and not to meddle with my personal life.

Aileee:Ow boohooo! Shut up ,Chaerin. I'm your best friend for goodness sake! At least be real to yourself!

Chaerin: Fine. Yes, it matters to me. Happy now?

Aille:Ecstatic! Arasso, I'll leave you alone now.Oh by the way, don't forget the lunch date with the  new clients. I'll send you the details again.

Chaerin:Yes, Thanks.

xxxxxxxx

When Chaerin noticed that Alee is out of sight. She lied down on the sofa inside her office.She stared on the ceiling and sighed heavily.Could he really have forgotten her? She smiled sadly. He was the saddest memory of her college days and he'll forever be her saddest memory. What she is today is because of what had happened to them.

Being afraid of commitments and of love is entirely his fault,it's Lee Suenghyun's fault.

FLASHBACK

Lee Seunghyun was a hearthrob in the university. He has always been the best in everything,be it in the academics or in sports, he's good at it.He's also very friendly and with that, he is known in the entire campus.He's also very good at dancing and is considered one of the best in the school and if possible, the whole country. This is also the reason why he has captured almost every girls attention. Well, almost as I say ,since, Park Chaerin never cared for anything other than her grades as what others may think. She never had many friends except for Ailee who is like a sister to her. She always worked hard and always studied hard. She aced every test.But despite this, she had always been bullied in school .Even now that she's already a senior,it never died down. Her batchmates always ask her why she's taking fashion when she's the least fashionable. She has a weird style when it comes to the way she dress. And she always had her hair tied in a bun. She also had those big nerd glasses. You would never think of her to be able to succeed in the Fashion Industry with the way she looks like.

Despite the teasing and bashing, she remained cold to everyone and never fought back.Why would she even fight back when its clear that the descriptions she receiving is clearly not for her? Chaerin always had this thinking. She will never be hurt since she knows that most words they use to hurt her is not really about her but are about the person bashing her.She wiill never wear the shoe if it doesn't fit her. This was her last year in college and this will be last time she'll be dealing with these pathetic people.

But deep inside this stoic image is a girl secretly in love with the school's heartthrob. Aside from her sketchbook she always have with her is a notebook,or a diary that contains doodles, and drawings of this youngman. She has always been attracted to him the moment she laid her eyes on him. He has always admired his good dancing and singing skills. Not only that, he was always envious of how easy it was for him to befriend others. She could only wish he would befriend her.She waited. All her college life,she waited. It has been 4 years of waiting for him to talk to her but it never happened. He never showed interest it trying to talk to her. It seems that she is the only one in the school that he did not talk to. and this year,she lost hope. But she never lost her love for him.

 

========

The semester just started and Seungri could not feel even more excited. This is the last year in college. After this year, he will practice and debut with YG. The training, although he almost did not make it,it was life changing and it made him realize and discover what he really wanted in life. He couldn't wait to get out of the university and become an idol.Although he is almost like living as one in school, he wanted every person from Seoul know him. He was that greedy with fame but it never changed his attitude.He's still the Seunghyun he was before. He was walking in the campus alone when some of his classmates called him. He never really considered anyone as his best frined. Friends,maybe yes but not those type where you can share secrests. He knew they were after his fame. He politely accepted their invite to sit with thme and talk some time. It eas free period so they had all the time in the world.

Typical Boys that they are, they are giving scores to every girl that psssed by. Seungri joined the fun.

Wooyoung:Woah! This one is hot! I give thir girl an 8!

Taecyon:What an 8?! She's a 10!Your blind! All of them laughed,

Then,Lee Joon noticed the school's nerd coming their wa.He snickered.

Lee Joon:hey! Hey! Look who's coing this way! Hahahaha !!!

Mir:Omo! Omo! hahahahah! Where is that 0 I was hiding?! hahahaha

When Chaerin passed by all the men raised their 0s. She bent her head down and continued walking.Seungri didn't laugh with them. His brows creased.

Seungri:I think she's cute ,though.

The boys stopped laughing and looked at him weirdly.

Seungri:what?

G.O:You just said that girl was cute! Are you turning blind?!

Seungri:Look, guys. Yuo can't just judge a person y how she looks like. I think she's cute so deal with it.

The boys whistled to .

Wooyoung:I think Seungri likes her.hahahaha!

The school's hearththrob is inlove with the nerd girl!I magine what will happen if our famous friends will have that nerd as his girlfriend! He'll lose his popularity

 The boys laughed with Wooyoung.Suengri froze but didn't show he was taken abak by that.

 Seungri:I am not. She's not my type.

Taecyon:Why don't we have a bet then?

Mir:Woah! I like the sound of that!

Taecyon: I'll give you my new car if you make that nerd fall in love with you and I'll announce to the whole school that you're the new captain of the basketball team. Imagine how that will make you more famous.

. Seungri:What?! No way. That's low,man. Besides I can get the spot without your help.

Wooyoung:Don't tell me you can't do it?

The one thing Seungri hates is when someone challenges what he can do.

Seungri:Fine. If I win, I'll have your car.

Taeyon:Sure .But if you lose, you'll have to quit playing basketball and never sign with YG.

Seungri:You have yourself a deal.

Everyone cheered.Seungri wanted to back out but he had already said his word and he can't take it back.

xxxxxxxx

 
Seungri has been pre-occupied ever since this morning. He wanted to back out of that stupid bet because first, its not like him. He is a jerk, he admits but he only plays with those girls who plays around and does not get serious. and he seriously does not want to hurt an innocent person that did nothing bad to him.And two, he doesn't want anything to be in his way. He has been working hard to debut as an idol. This is his chance to become somebody and this bet might give him a bad reputation.He just have to be stupid and egoistic to accept that stupid bet. If he loses, not only will he lose face but he has to give up the contract for YG. Idiot. He told himself.
He was busily cursing himself while he was walking through the hallway when he heard a commotion. He didn't know why hefelt the sudden urge to quicken his fosteps to where the noise was coming from.when she fianlly reached the people that was causing distraction to his already ditracted mind, his eyes went dark seeing what the noise was all about. Without thinking twice, he ran towards the 2 guys and landed a punch on each of their faces.

.xxxxxxxx

 

Seungri and Chaerin are now seating side by sode inside the Dean's office.  The two guys that Seungri punched are also sitting beside each other in the chair opposite as theirs. Seungri had been staring at them dangeroulsy. Almost killing them through his eyes. chaerin had her eyes on thr ground while clutching her skirt. The Dean loked at the students and sighed. She cleared before she started talking.

Dean Song:Mr. Lee, this is very shocking of you. This is  th first time you've done this.What is in that head of yours?!

Seungri: They were about forcing her to come with them! They were about to take her somewhere else, God knows where!

Dean Song: Is that your business? Did you not think that maybe she wanted to come with them?

Seungri:What? Well, obviously not! They were dragging her and she was about to almost burst into dear,ma'am!

Dean Song:Miss Park, is it true? Did they force you to come with them?

Chaerin just nodded without without meeting the eyes of the dean.

Seungri:See! I would never lie!

Dean Song:Mr, Lee, I am not talking to you so could you please keep queit?!

Seungri just rolled his eyes.

Dean Song: Now, Miss Park, what are they planning to do? Where might thry take you?

Chaerin didn't answer. Instead, she gripped her skirt even more. Seungri noticed this and held her hand which made her lok at him. He was smiling her reassuringly.

Seungri:It's okay. Tell her the truth.

Chaerin nodded and loked at the Dean.

Chaerin:They ..they said that...they wanted to take me somewhere fun and warm....somewhere that doesn't need clothes and somewhere they could see what's inside my---OMO!

Before Chaerin could even finish her words,Set again already punched the two guys interchangebly.  The dean had to call security to stop the chaos.

After an hour, Seungri and Chaerin was dismissed from thr Dean's office and the otgher guys were given enough punishment for what they did.

They were now outside the Dean's office standing on each other's side.

Seungri:Damn those bastards faces are made of stone. My knuckles feels numb.

Chaerin:Mian--mianhe.

Seungri:Why are you apologizing?

Chaerin:Because your knucles hurt?

Chaerin took his hand and tried to massage it. Seungri just stared at her while she was maqssaging his hand. For a second, he smiled and her felt warm. Aside from his mom, she was the first girl who panics everytime he felt something hurt no matter how small the wound was.

He chuckled making Chaerin let go of his and.

Chaerin: Mianhe. I'm sorry for touching you. I shouldn't have done that. I..uhm..I have to go. Kamsahamnida.

She was about to leave when Seungri stopped him.

Seungri: Wait, I'm sorry but you haven't told me your name yet.

Chaerin:Me?

Seungri: Yes, you. I was asking for your name. Do you see anyone else here aside from us?

Chaerin looked around and when she noitced that they were the only people there, she shook his head which made Seungri laugh.

Seungri:You're cute. The name's Seunghyun. Lee Seunghyun. Call me Seungri,

Chaerin:Park Chaerin.

Seungri:Park Chaerin, let be friends. From now on, I'll be the knight that will protect you from anyone who will try to harm you.

Hearing those words and seeing him smile to her like she was the only girl in the world made him like him even more. And from then on, she trusted him.

Weeks and months have passed Seungri and Chaerin continued to hang out with each other. Aille, Chaerin's bestfriend never approved their frinedship and always tells her to be careful. But she never thought of anything bad about Seungri.

 Although Seungri never forgot about the bet, he was showing Chaerin genuine friendship.As time passed by, they knew each other more. Chaerin couldn't deny that she had already fallen deeply in love with him. Seungri, on the other hand felt the same way but couldn't confess to her because of that stupid bet. He wanted to tell her how he feels but he was afraid of what might happen next.

Months have passed until the Closing Ball. everyone was excited because it is the night when everyone dresses formally and its a celebration of the end of the semester.

Chaerin was sitting on her usual spot at the cafetteria when Seungri arrived, He sat facing her.

Seungri:Annyeong!

Chaerin:Annyeong.

Seungri:Aigoo, Chaerin-ah, it's been months since we've known each other but you're still shy with me?

They both just laughed.

Seungri:So the ball will be tonight. Who's your date?

Chaerin:No one. I never attend any Cloasing Ball yet. Besides it will jsust bore me and noboy asked me.

Seungri:Chincha?How could they not?You're pretty!

Chaerin:Stop kidding around. You and my sisters are the only one who tells me that.

Seungri:Because its true!

Chaerin:Aigoo. I told you I'm not.

Seungri:Why don't you come with me then?

Chaerin:Are you asking me to be your date?

Seungri:Yes. Don't you want to be my date?

Chaerin:Uhm...okay...sure.

Seungri:Good!

Chaerin smiled back to Seungri. Finally, he's already noticed her.

xxxxxxxx

The night finally came as everyone from the campus gathereed for the Closing Ball for the semester. The Hall was designed like a palace and everyone was enoying themselves as they danced and ate with their beloved schoolmates, friends, and professors. Seungri was still happily chatting with the basketball team. He was holding a glass of juice on his hand. Although he was joining thwir conversation he couldn't stay still. Chaerin hasn't arrived yet. He kepy looking at his wrist watch and checking his phone to see if she already texted him but he got nothing. The Ball is will end in an hour. He lost his hope.He sighed deeply.  She's really not coming.

A couple of minutes later, the hall that waas filled with boisterous laughter fell silent. Everyone's attention was taken by a beatuful lady that just arrived. SMall whispers where heard about her but she was not focusing since her eyes were busy wondering and looking for someone in particular. Seungri and the team noticed this and turned their head to check who has captured the crowd's attention. And when he saw her, it seems that that everyone froze. She was the onlt one that was  moving. He did not leave his eyed on her. And when she looked at him, she smiled. He almost felt his knees wicken. She was so beautiful. She looked like a princess in her baby pink gown. And her blonde hair that was always tied in a bun was let down with perfect curls on the tips of her hair. To say that she was beatuful was an understatement. (See photo below for her dress and hair. Sorry I'm not really good with descriptions. T.T)

pink-jewel-court-train-chiffon-princess-

Seungri: Chaerin.

Finally,he was able to utter her name.It was like a whisper that only he can hear but she might have heard it. Eyes not leaving his, he stared making steps towards him and so did he. When they met at the center of the dance floor, everyone started moving again. But people still started to talk.

Seungri:Wow. you lok different.

She smiled.

Chaerin:I hope its a good "different" or else I'll kill my sisters for this.

He chuckled.

Seungri:Of course! You look gorgeous. Beautiful. Like a goddess.

Chaerin:I get it, pabo.

She chuckled and he scrathced the back of hid head. He was never shy before.

Seungri: But seriously, Chaern, you've always been beautiful to me. Even without all these.

She blushed upon hearing his words.

Seungri:I swear I would poke all the guys eyes for looking at you like a prey.

Chaerin laughed.

Chaerin: Pabo. I really feel weird with all these attention. Maybe because I'm with the great Lee Seunghyun?

Seungri: I'm not that great, though. I'm a guy they think they like because of all those things they think I am. But with you, I'm just Seunghyun. I'm your Seunghyun.

Chaerin smiled.

My Seunghyun. Your my Seunghyun.  She repeatedly said it in her mind.

Seungti:I'm sorry but we can't just talk like this. Would you like to dance milady?

He bowed and offered his hand. This guy is so weird. She chuckled and placed her hand above his.

Chaerin: It will be an honor ,dear sir.

She courtseyed making him laugh. they were about to dance when suddenly Seungri's frineds infterrupted. They clapped and Taecyon had his arm wrapped around Seungr'is shoulder. Seungri paled. His eyes are full of worry. He felt cold and felt nervous of what might happen next. Chaerin was still smiling, still not knowing what's happening.

Mir:Wow. I never thought this day would come! Great job, Seungri You win!

Taecyon: You surely are great, Seungri. Here's my car keys. To think I almost thought you already fell for this ugly duckling who became a beatuful swan. Did you really think Seungri will ever like you just the way you are?

G.O.: Damn, she's more stupid than I thought.

Chaerin:What are you alking about?

She started to worry.The boys laughed together. Seungri  clenched his fists in anger.

Seungri:Stop this. I'll tell her myself. Chaerin,let's get out of here and let's talk.

He was about to grab her hand whenTaecyon spoke again.

Taecyon:We had a bet, Lee Chaerin. And he won. He made you fall in love with him in exchange for my car, the team captain position and accepting the YG contract.

Chaerin froze.She tried to stop her tears escape from her eyes but failed. Seungri paniced seeing her cry. He held he cheeks and wiped her tears but she removed his hands and looked at him. He almost died meeting her gaze. She was hurting. And he saw betrayal from her eyes.

Seungri:Chae, please..please..let me explain all of this. Just come with me and I'll tell you ---

Chaerin:Tell me what?Tell me another lie?

Taecyon:Awwwww...we really wanted to see this drama,Lee Chaerin but we're just don with this game. Seungri already won. You fell in love with him.

 

Seungri faced him.

Seungri:I did not win, Taec. she doesn't love me.

Mir:Wiat,what?

Seungri:She's--

Chaerin:I love you.

Hearing this, Seungri turned to meet her gaze again. It wouldn't have been the happiset momrnt in his life hearing those three words from her if they weren't on this situation. Instead, he felt his world fell apart.Hearing her confess was like hearing her saying it to him for the last time.She was saying goodbye.

Chaerin: I have loved you the first time I saw you. And I lved you even more the time you showed me who you really are. I thought you were everything I have imagined you to be but...but it was all a lie. And I was stupid enough to believe all your lies.I shouldn't have trusted you.

With that, she walked away. He wanted to follow her but his feet was glued to the ground.He couldn't move. He did not have the chance to stop her.

xxxxxxxx

A month have passed when the semester opend again. Everything wnet back to normal except for Seungri and Chaerin. He was still with his so -called friend but he stopped playing with girls and concentrated with training and with school. She avoided all the girls that tried to get close to him.

Chaerin on the other hand, went back to wearing her weird clothes and her glasses.

Seungri tried to talk to Chaerin many times but failed. She acted like he did not exist. And he also earned a blackeye from Ailee, a couple of times. Seungri badly wanted to talk to her and explain.

And the day finally came when she decided to have a talk with him.

It was Saturday night when he receiveed a reply from her. Finally,she agreed to meet him. He waited for her in Han river. He was sitting in one of the benches when he noticed someone sitting beside him . He knew it was her. He smiled sadly and looked at her. Her eyes were on the river.

Seungri:How are you? Takn you for finally talking to me.

Chaerin:Please make this quick .I still have to finish packing. I'll leave for Paris tomorrow. I have still have to pack.

Seungri: Paris? You mean you got the invite for the fashion week?Congratulations Chaerin!

She looked at him with dead eyes and seeing this his smiled died as well.

Chaerin: I'm not here to pretend to be your friend,Seunghyun. Just tell me what you want to say so I could leave.

Seungri:I'm sorry. I never wanted to hurt you--

Chaerin:But you did. And it was my fault for letting you hurt me.

Seungri:I regret everything ,Chaerin. I'm sorry. I...I...everything was never a game for me. I never forgot about that stupid bet but everything I showed you was the real me. I never faked anything. I ne ver have to be someone else I'm not when I'm with you. I loved being with you,I love you.

Chaerin smiled bitterly.

Chaerin:It's funny how hurtful those words are. I should've jumped out of joy hearing that from you. But why does it feel so painful?

She wiped her tears.

Seungri: I'm sorry, Chaerin. I...I never wanted to hurt you. I missed you so much. I thought I would die every day not being able to be with you. To talk to you. To hear your laugh.If you could just give me another chance, I'll make it up to you.

Chaerin:Chance? Why?What is it for this time?Is it for a hundred dollars? Seunghyun, I would never give a guy another chance if I'm just worth a car, a contract, and popularity. I am more than that. You already fooled me once. It will never happen again.

Seungri:Chaerin---

Chaerin:Save it,Seungri.  It still hurts.I'm still hurt. You love me you say? Then let me leave. If we are meant to be then we'll meet sooner. And I hope I can greet you with a smile. I hope I can face you without feeling pain. And I hope you become a better man. It was nice meeting you, Lee Seunghyun.

With that she stood up and never looked back.

Hew stayed frozen on his sit and did not notice his tears falling from his eyes. For a few hours he stayed seated on that bench. He grabbed his bag and took the gift he was supposed to give her. He should've given it to her during the ball but failed. He then took out the notebook she forgot to return to her. He never thought it was her journal. She might've been still wondering where it was all this time. He found it when they were in the library.They fell asleep and when they woke up ,she was in a hurry that she forgot her journal. He was planning to return it but never had the cnahce to do so because he enjoyed reading it. Especially because on that journal, she wrote every memory of them. He knew from then that she liked him but he had to deny it to lose the bet. He denied that she was in love with her to his friends to protect her. He didn't mind to lose everything. He was going to backout that same night of the Closing Ball because he alread fell in love with her. He was ready to lose everything..everything but her..And now it's too late. She was gone. She already said goodbye..

 

xxxxxxxx

BOY!!!!This was a long one! whew! Mianhe! I really get giddy with Ririn! I love them as much as I love Daragon. It will still be a few more chapters for Ririn though. But if you think it's too much please tell me. T.T I love Ririn. T.T

Leave comments please! Thank you!! I love y'all! :D