1

How to Save a Life

 

“ Waaaahhhhhhh!!!!! I can’t believe this! Oh my goodness! I can die happily now!”

Four heads started to dart deadly stares at the person who was the source of that exaggerated words.

Seungri slammed the door the moment he entered their dorm.

Top: What are you talking about, maknae?

Seungri then stood in front of his four hyungs who were having their usual conversation in a Saturday morning. If it wasn’t for their annoying maknae, their day would turn out to be normal. But then again, their days will never be normal since they have to live with Seungri.

Seungri: Oh look at all of you! The world has seen the most beautiful goddesses unveil themselves and here you four are talking like nothing out of ordinary happened! They have been all over the billboards! All over all the different networks because they finally graced Elle Korea to cover them!

Youngbae: Hey and when you mean “goddesses”, who do you specifically mean? Are you referring to models?

Seungri: Aigoo, that’s why you don’t have any girlfriend hyung because you don’t know anything about girls.

Youngbae: Whatever maknae. If this is just about one of those girl groups doing a cover on a magazine, then you might as well spare us with your fanboying thing.

Seungri: Aisht! If it’s just one of those girl groups, I wouldn’t really want to talk about them with you randomly. But I have to share this to you because this might be the first and last time you’ll see these gorgeous creations.

Daesung: can you just go straight to the point, Seungri-ya?

Seungri then slammed the magazine that he’s been holding. All four of them looked at him and then leaned forward to check the magazine. Seungri smirked when he saw that his hyungs were speechless when they saw the girls in the cover.

Jiyong: (still looking at the magazine) Wah...Who are these girls? They look familiar but I just can’t remember when and where I saw them.

Seungri: Of course you wouldn’t see them that easily, hyung. They are the most famous women in Korea.. Ani.. I guess the world.

Youngbae took the magazine. The other three followed Youngbae as he goes through the pages.

On the center page were still their group picture and the next pages were each of the girls’ profile. Youngbae returned to the center page and read what was there.

 

Youngbae: Park Sisters: The Femme Fetale 2014?

While the four of them were scrutinizing each of the girls, Seungri shook his head.

Seungri: Aigoo. I can’t accept this. We are the most famous boy group in Korea and the most sought after bachelors but you know nothing about these girls. I pity all of you! Aigoo, Where are you boys from?! What would you do without me?!

Seungri then cleared his throat as Youngbae turned the page to the first profile and the other boys kept their eyes on the magazine as well. Seungri sat down in front of them.

Seungri: The eldest of the four. The profile you are looking at now hyungs belongs to Park Bom. Graduated with flying collars in Harvard University and is currently one of the youngest doctors in Korea. She is currently working at the Seoul Hospital. She has been receiving tons of recognition not just in Seoul but around the world because of her craft. She is one of the most sought after doctors in her field. She was offered to work with one of the most respected hospital in the world but she chose to work here for reasons their family only knows.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSWORxH6fnfVnfnJtt21f

Top: Aisht. Why do rich families always have these secrets?

Daesung: Of course they have to still protect their privacy, hyung.

Youngbae: She sure is pretty. And she’s got nice legs.

Jiyong: Yah! Youngbae! When have you been that interested with women and legs?!

Youngbae: Shut up, Ji. I was just stating what I see.

Seungri: Aigoo. Just turn to the next page, hyung.

Youngbae then turned the page.

Daesung: Oh! I know her. I didn’t know she’s a Park.

Seungri: The name’s Park Chaerin or better known as CL. She is the second to the youngest. Known as a fierce fashion designer and she is also the President of the Park Designs and Co. She studied in London for fashion designing. Her clothes have been featured to a lot for magazines worldwide. Most of the things they wore in the magazine were created by her. She’s known to have a cold characteristic and because of that she refused a lot of interviews as well. This is the first that she agreed to the interview with Elle.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRuLv5NBk8Npepzzmjg3NT

Jiyong: Wow. We should tell sajangnim to ask this girl to dress us in one of our shoots.

Seungri: That’s a good idea hyung but I’m afraid we’ll still have to wait for months before we get her.

Jiyong: Waeyo?

Seungri: Because she is also a very choosy designer. If she doesn’t like the person wearing her clothes, then she declines the offer. I must say this girl is really hard to chase. But that’s one of the attitudes that the other editors and companies are also after.

Daesung: Wow. That’s harsh.

Youngbae then flipped to the next page.

Top: Oh. She’s cute. Her picture is quite different from the other two Parks. This vibe is young.

Seungri: She is Park Minzy and she is the youngest among the four. She is currently a senior in Seoul University and is rumoured to top her batch. She is taking up Business Administration. At her young age, she is already trained by her father with business. Even though she is still studying, she is currently working at the Park Telecommunications as the Creative Director and she is behind all the successful commercials and the great sales of her families company as well. This kid is considered to be a genius.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZBvDxbKc_yuj6kJ_w-1I

Youngbae: Wow. Why can’t you be like her, maknae? Imagine what our life would be if our maknae is like her.

Seungri: Aisht! What are you talking about hyung?!

Jiyong: Shut it you two, Let see the next page.

Stunned. It wasn’t enough to describe the four guys looking at the magazine.

Seungri: As expected. You’re looking at the fake maknae and the goddess herself, Park Sandara. She is the second oldest among them four.

Top: Wow. She is really a goddess. If you didn’t us tell us a while ago, I would’ve thought that she is the maknae among them.

Seungri: Among the four of them, she was keeping a low profile before. There’s nothing much I know about this beauty.

Daesung: What do you mean?

Seungri: She first showed up on one of her sister’s fashion show last year .She was the last model to walk down the runway. After that, she began to gain attention on the internet. No one knew her. Not until she graced the runway again. This time, it was for Gucci. She’s been staying in the US for she has been in demand. She was a runway model, she has done almost all the covers of all famous magazines and endorsed a lot of beauty products, which I think she really doesn’t need. Even in that picture, it clearly shows that her bare face is still breathtaking.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5z-NKjNPGQ7C1-yap1d5

Top: Eh? She doesn’t have any makeup on in this picture?!

Seungri: Yes, hyung.

Jiyong: Wow.

Seungri: Yes wow. Just wow. Not only that, she’s a very well-known photographer as well. She graduated in Yale and topped her class. She has the beauty and the brains plus the face. But the real mystery is why they suddenly appeared at this magazine. I mean they all have their private lives and are excelling on their own field and it’s not like they still have to earn money because they are one of the richest people in the country.

Top: Aigoo. I think we still need this magazine. You already know about these girls. Are you close to them?

Seungri: I’m not, hyung. I am not going to stay young forever so at this early stage of my life, I’ve been looking for a potential wife, and one of those girls surely is my target.

Jiyong: You’re talking non-sense, rat.

Seungri: But aside from looking for a wife, I have another agenda planned.

Youngbae: Why do I have a feeling that I’m not going to like this agenda that you’re thinking of?

Daesung: And why do I sense that we are included in that agenda even if we disagree?

Seungri just smirked evilly.

Jiyong: Whatever is on that small brain of yours, rat, don’t do it.

Seungri: you see one of these girls has a debt to pay.

Top: Stop kidding around, rat! Those kids are rich! What would they owe you?!

Seungri: you’ll know soon, hyung. In the meantime, I have to go to Sajangnim because of some business. Annyeong. Kekekeke

 

Seungri then left.

Jiyong: Why do I have a bad feeling about that rat going to sajangnim?!

Youngbae: Whatever it is, I hope that rat doesn’t screw up again.

 

In the meanwhile, on the other side of Seoul, A girl who was sitting on a coffee shop smiled widely as she finished checking out the magazine she just bought. She took out her Pink notebook and crushed out the first thing that was on her list.

THINGS TO DO BEFORE I LEAVE:

  1. Letting the world knows how amazing my sisters are.

“ Kyaaahh!!! I’m such a genius, aren’t I, Tam-tammie?!”

Dara squealed on her seat talking to her purple stuff toy. She was lost on her crazy world again when she heard her phone ring. Still having the sparkles in her eyes she picked up her phone without looking who was calling her.

Dara: Yoboseyo?

Chaerin: Where are you?!

Dara: Aigoo. Chaerin-ah, I swear you sound older than me; I’m your unnie for goodness sake. Kekeke

Chaerin: well, if you start acting like one, I’m going to treat you as one. Now, where are you? You’re supposed to be at the hospital with Bom unnie but she called me asked where you where. Unnie, what if—

Dara then cut her off. Her mood then changed.

Dara: Chae, I’m just here at a coffee shop. Am I not allowed to drink coffee by myself and read the magazine we were featured in?

Dara heard Chaerin sighed.

Chaerin: Unnie, it’s not that. We’re just worried about you. We’re worried that something might happen to you if we’re not around you

Dara: I know. I’m sorry. I’ll just finish this coffee and head to the hospital, arasso?

Chaerin: Arasso. Just please call Bom unnie so she’ll stop worrying. We’ve already agreed to your request for that magazine. You should do something for us in return and that is to always stay strong and don’t be so hard-headed unnie. I swear I’ll age early because of you.

Dara: Aisht! Fine! Fine! Kekeke. Annyeong, Chaerin-ah.

She ended the call. The smile on her face then disappeared. She couldn’t hide that she feels weak. Although she was always feeling weak these past 2 years but she was not referring to her physical body, she is referring to her feelings. I want my sisters to be happy. Please let them be happy when I leave. She whole-heartedly prayed.

After she sighed deeply, she paid her bill and left carrying her things. She is on her way to meet her other sister not to chat but to have her usual check-up. She’s not doing this for herself; she’s doing this for her family. She knows she doesn’t have enough time but she’s still doing the check-up thinking that the monthly checks and the medicine could give her enough time to do the things on her list... the things she need to do to teach her loved ones to continue living and be happy before she leaves them.. She needs them to learn how to let her go.. She doesn’t want to fight anymore since she knows it will still lead to the same thing, she just needs additional time for them to get used to of not having her during birthdays and other special occasions . She needed to teach them to let go and live before she dies.

----------------------------

It was Friday night and the boys were having their usual night out. Top, Youngbae, Seungri and Daesung were waiting for Jiyong on the VIP area. The four of them already started drinking. Then the door suddenly banged open revealing their already drunk leader. Seungri stood up just in time to catch Jiyong before he hit the floor. He carried him and placed him in the sofa.

Daesung: What’s up with you, Jiyong hyung?

Jiyong ignored him and tried to reach for a beer but Youngbae beat him to it.

Youngbae: Yah, Jiyong! What the hell happened to you?!

Jiyong: She *hik* broke up with me *hik* shtuppiiid woman! *hik hik* Aisht! I gave her everything she wanted *hik*

Top: Aisht! We already told you that Kiko girl is no good for you, Jiyong-ah.

Jiyong: *hik* She *hik* slept with *hik* a *hik* model. That *hik hik* .

Seungri: What’s wrong with you, hyung? You’re Kwon Jiyong! G-Dragon ! you can get any woman you want but you stick yourself to the lizard! What is wrong with you?!

Daesung: maknae, you can never choose who to love.

Jiyong: I *hik hik* gave her *hik* everything. *hik*Even my *hik* heart.

Jiyong started crying. The four of them turned silent. Jiyong was known as the great leader of their bad- group but what others did not know was he was madly in love with a Japanese model. They were in a 3 year relationship but Jiyong was always the one loving the girl, giving her every damn thing she tells him to buy. Jiyong was different when he is on stage. He was tough on stage but behind the curtain he had a good heart and a fragile one.

Jiyong then stood up and Youngbae was alarmed by this.

Youngbae: Yah! Jiyong-ah! Where are you going?!

Jiyong: Imma *hik* go *hik hik* home.

Top: Are you kidding?! You can’t drive in that state! Ya Dae, can you drive him home?

Jiyong: Aisht! I can. Just stay here. I want to be alone.

Jiyong went out and slammed the door. They couldn’t do anything anymore. They didn’t want to force him. At his state right now, they know he’ll be stubborn.

 

Dara was driving her car in the middle of the big city of Seoul. She was listening to Bigbang’s song, Bad Boy. She was banging her head and singing along with it. The traffic light turned red ,and she stopped her car as well.

Dara: Do you think it’s a good idea to include meeting Bigbang on my list, Tam-tammie?! Kekeke

The lights were about to change and Dara prepared to drive but she heard a loud banging. A car just hit the traffic light.

Dara: Omo! Tam-tammie! Stay here! She turned off the engine and the music as well. She went out of her car and checked out about the accident. She saw people approaching the place as well but no one had the guts to stay close to the car. Aisht. How heartless can they be?! She thought. Without thinking twice, she moved closer to the car, people started to follow her as if they were just waiting for someone to lead them. She opened the door where the driver is seated and he covered when he saw who it was. She was shocked not because she recognized him but because of his state. He was bathing at his own blood. Good thing she woke up from shock and pulled her phone from her pocket.

Bom: Yoboseyo, Dara-ah. It’s already late. Are you okay?

Dara: Unnie, I need you to get an ambulance here immediately.

Bom: What?! Why!? Did something happen to you?!

Dara: Aisht! Its’ not me, unnie! Someone had an accident. I need an ambulance! Palli!

Bom: Arasso! Arasso! In the meantime, get that person out from the car now.

Dara: Deh,unnie.

After Dara gave their location they ended the call.

Dara: YAH! ARE YOU ALL JUST GOING TO LOOK AT ME HERE?!Help me get him out of the car!

Immediately, other men started helping Dara getting him out of his car. The ambulance arrived after 5 minutes and after she secured that him inside, she went back to her car and drove her way to the hospital as well.

Bom met Dara when she arrived at the hospital.

Bom: What happened, tokki?

Dara: I don’t know, unnie. I just heard his car crash then that’s it.

Bom: Arasso. Are you okay, though?

Dara: Deh, I am. Please take care of him.

Bom: Deh. I’ll go ahead. You can stay at my office for awhile.

Dara just nodded. After hugging her sister, Bom went inside to help the man who her sister just saved. Dara was about to head through her sister’s office when a nurse called her attention.

Nurse: excuse me, Miss Park, do you know the patient personally?

Dara doubts what she would answer but she nodded. For some reason she wasn’t able to deny it. She just nodded. The nurse just smiled.

Nurse: Please take this. This is his phone. I’ll go in now.

Dara’s brows met and looked at the phone in her hands. When she pushed the power button, she saw a face of a familiar person. Kiko Mazuhara? She asked herself. The phone doesn’t have any codes to unlock it. She slided her fingers to unlock it and she was shocked to see the message. She was lucky that he was near a wall for if not she might have hurt her because she lost her balance. What she read on the message was probably the most heartbreaking message she has ever read and she thought that it might have been the reason why G-Dragon lost his concentration in driving. She didn’t know why but she felt hurt that she cried. It was as if the message was for her.

I don’t love you, Ji. I have never loved you. All those years were nothing to me. Stop calling me and have respect for yourself. I don’t love you. I have never loved you.

That was what the message from Kiko Mazuhara. She felt hurt for him. After she gained back her senses, she then checked his contact. She needed to inform his friends. She looked through his contacts and when she recognized the name,she dialled it. After a few rings someone picked up the call.

Youngbae: What the hell, Ji! Where are you? I thought you were home?

Dara: Oh, I’m sorry. This is not G-dragon-ssi. Uhm. He met an accident and he’s here at the Seoul Hospital.

Youngbae: ww—what?! Wait! He met an accident?!
Dara: Deh.He is in the emergency room, Taeyang-ssi.

Youngbae: de-deh. Komawo. We’ll be there as soon as possible. Komawo.. and who are you by the way?

Dara: Oh, I’m sorry. This is Park Sandara. I was the one who brought him here.