Kissing

The story of us

     In the short month they’d been officially dating Hakyeon had learnt a lot about the gorgeous male that had been his best friend for five years, things he never noticed before. He learnt that Taekwoon liked to watch him dance, something he’d never been aware of before. The other would sit on the floor of Hakyeon’s practice room with text books and manuscript on his lap, determined to study while Hakyeon practiced, but Hakyeon had felt the eyes tracing his figure, the eyes that never left him as he moved to whatever beat the radio supplied him with. Taekwoon liked to leave sweet little sticky notes on the bathroom mirror, little rhymes or quotes from his favorite songs that reminded him of Hakyeon or their new relationship. Hakyeon always smiled, saving each and every one of the little post it and put them in a box much to Taekwoon’s embarrassment. There were so many things about the other that Hakyeon was only just learning. He liked to wake up five minutes before his alarm and slip into Hakyeon’s room, sliding into his bed to cuddle the other. Hakyeon had asked him why once and gotten ‘I want to be the first thing you see every morning’ in response making Hakyeon’s heart flutter. Taekwoon liked to back hug Hakyeon when it was his turn to cook their dinner. He liked to take walks through the park on warm evenings just because he enjoyed the change of setting and holding Hakyeon hand.

         Hakyeon was learning a lot about his boyfriend of one month but there was one thing that stood out from all the others. Taekwoons love for his lips. Their first kiss had been a sweet affair, a simple kiss that had both their cheeks flushing pink and eyes unable to meet. They’d been watching a variety show, Hakyeon couldn’t remember which one, they’d watched so many that day, it was a lazy Sunday for them. The topic was relationships; there was a couple talking about the hardships of dating between fights and work. Hakyeon wasn’t paying attention to it much, he was cuddled up against Taekwoon, head resting on his shoulder as the other’s fingers drew small circles on his skin, fingers slipping under the sleeve of his shirt from time to time to rest fingers against his collar bone. Hakyeon was distracted by the others soft touches while Taekwoon seemed to be absorbed in the program. Hakyeon had turned his head to look up at the other, studying the sharpness of his jaw, his high cheeks bones and eyes framed by perfect lashes. He’d lost himself in studying the appearance of the others well sculptured face and failed to notice the closeness of the other. Hakyeon had jumped slightly when fingers curled around his jaw drawing him out of his own world, but before he could say anything Taekwoon’s soft lips were on his own. Hakyeon had melted into it, letting Taekwoon led the kiss as the other’s thumb traced the curved of Hakyeon’s jaw. Hakyeon felt him himself shiver as Taekwoon pulled away, pecking his lips softly before turning his attention back to the television, leaving Hakyeon breathless as Taekwoon pulled him closer and changed the channel.

           That had been the beginning of what Hakyeon labeled Taekwoon’s addiction. It started with regular pecks when they woke up and sweet kisses shared over coffee. All of their kisses confined to the privacy of their apartment, never anywhere where others could see them. Hakyeon, despite  being outgoing and loud, kept their kisses private, not wanting to make Taekwoon uncomfortable with public displays of affection. He understood the taller and his hatred for public displays, he knew how Taekwoon felt intimate acts should be kept between the two people involved and not everyone else in the world. Hakyeon was surprised by Taekwoon’s demand to hold his hand whenever they went out but he never complained and he never pushed the other further then he thought the other was capable of handling. This surprised him when Taekwoon initiated what Hakyeon called ‘their second proper kiss’.

                It had been a tough day for Hakyeon. He’d messed up a basic step, lost his concentration and ended up slipping. He hadn’t hurt himself luckily, Hakyeon no longer counted the bruises on his arms and legs from dancing an injury. He’d been scolded though; his dance instructor was in a bad mood and making a mistake on a basic step lead to Hakyeon being dismissed for the rest of the class. Hakyeon had felt his cheeks flush with shame as the snide comments and sniggers began as he’d grabbed his stuff, apologizing to his instructor before leaving the dance hall. The shame had begun to eat him as he’d showered and changed out of his dance clothes. His mood only made fouler by the way the tormentors followed him as he walked to his locker. He was used to their words, used to the teasing and horrible things they said about him. He clenched his fist and ignored them but they followed words loud and giggles even louder and sharper. Hakyeon could feel the tears pricking his eyes as he’d made his way to his locker hands shaking as he pulled out the books he wanted for study and his project on Modern Dance vs. Traditional Dance. His hands were shaking and he dropped one of his books, slamming his locker in frustration. Before he could bend down to grab it and stuff it in his bag, familiar fingers lifted it from the ground and put it in their own bag. Hakyeon turned his watery pink eyes toward Taekwoon, the other eyes conflicted with millions of question he wanted to ask but Hakyeon shook his head. Taekwoon dropped his messenger bag, pushing Hakyeon up against his locker. Hakyeon squirmed uncomfortably, the metal locks jabbing his bag in a painful way but any complaint was swallowed by Taekwoon’s lips moving against his own. Hakyeon shook softly as he gripped Taekwoon’s t-shirt, the others hands moving to hold Hakyeon’s in his own, detangling them from his shirt. Taekwoon could feel the frustrated tears tickling his cheek as Hakyeon hiccupped into their kiss. Taekwoon sighed softly, pressing soft kisses to Hakyeon’s lips before kissing his closed eye lids and his damp cheeks gently. ‘Let’s go home’ Taekwoon muttered softly, pressing another sweet kiss to Hakyeon trembling lips. ‘But you have class’ Hakyeon hiccupped through his tears. Taekwoon shook his head, pulling the other into his arms, running a hand through his hair, ‘You need me more right now’.

         Hakyeon had grown used to the surprise kisses. He loved the way he was woken up to a trail of soft kisses up his neck and cheek until sleep bitten lips molded against his own and a warm body pressed up against his as his arms sleepily made their way around the others neck. Hakyeon loved the way he’d be lying back against Taekwoon’s strong chest in the garden of their college, shaded by the tree that Taekwoon lay against only to have slim fingers tug at his hair to get his attention only to turn his head and have his lips coaxed apart by Taekwoon’s. Hakyeon grew braver throughout the weeks, surprising Taekwoon with teasing kisses outside his classroom door before smirking and disappearing into the sea of students. Distracting the other from his homework and assignments by turning to him with a piece of candy in his mouth, eyes expectant until Taekwoon would give in and take the candy from him with a sticky kiss that left Taekwoon blushing as he on whatever candy it was once they pulled apart. It turned into a sort of game between them, trying to surprise the other with kisses when they least expected it. Sometimes it ended embarrassingly like the time Taekwoon cornered him in the music room when trying to teach Hakyeon basic piano, the other had pulled Hakyeon into his lap and kissed the other sweetly, only to pull back with the sound of someone clearing their throat. Jaehwan and Wonshik had stood in the door with knowing smirks as Taekwoon hid his face in Hakyeon neck, refusing to acknowledge them or move until they left, leaving Hakyeon to coax the other out of the room. Kisses weren’t rare like Hakyeon had expected them to be. He’d learned that Taekwoon, despite his reserved nature, was a man of surprises, Hakyeon wasn’t going to complain anytime soon if those surprises kept coming in the form of sweet kisses.