Watching a Film (Frozen)

The story of us

 

                                             ‘To freedom! From the harsh reality of exams and from ungodly hours of rehearsal and performances for our dear Hakyeonnie hyung’ Jaehwan’s loud filled the apartment, making Taekwoon flinch slightly. He wanted to celebrate Hakyeon’s freedom, that his friend would now return to sleeping full undisturbed nights and be his usually cheery self. Although Taekwoon would miss the cuddliness and cuteness of the sleep deprived elder, the way he’d worm his way into Taekwoon’s bed halfway through the night with the excuse of missing the other or ‘my muscles are too sore to carry me to my bed, let me stay here tonight’. Not that Taekwoon would ever deny Hakyeon his bed or body heat; he’d never be able to say no to his lifelong friend, unless he tried to do embarrassing things in public. Taekwoon slipped the DVD player into, a small smile on his face as he watched it disappear. Hakyeon had stared at him in disbelief when he’d held up the DVD case earlier that day before smiling and agreeing to rent Frozen for the night. Taekwoon had fallen in love with the songs, the soundtrack on constant replay when he was showering or relaxing, he’d even gone as far as learning some of the pieces of piano, his normal choice being ‘Let it go’. Hakyeon had grown accustomed to the sound Elsa and Anna’s voice by now, making it easier to indulge in the others love for the animated film. Taekwoon’s small pout and excited eyes may have pushed his decision along as well. Just a little bit.

                       Taekwoon could hear Hakyeon humming to whatever Wonshik had said in the kitchen. Jaehwan had been shoved out, shouts of ‘you’ll burn the chocolate!’ follow him as he grumbled but threw himself onto the couch, declaring that he was stealing the best cushion and they could do nothing about it. Taekwoon shook his head at their stupid antics and gnawed his lip softly as he moved towards the other male. ‘Jaehwan-ah’ Taekwoon asked softly, aiming a swift kick at the others knee to gain the brunets attention. Jaehwan whined, going to shout in complaint but the slight pink tinge on Taekwoon’s pale impassive face caught his attention. ‘Yeah hyung, what can Jaehwan do to you?’ Jaehwan asked smugly, crossing his legs and throwing his arm over the back of the sofa. Taekwoon scowled, hand coming down on the top of the others hand, clearly stating his impatience for the others antics. ‘You and Wonshik. Do that stupid and annoy couple taking up half the couch thing. I want Hakyeon’ Taekwoon stated briefly, getting his point across. Jaehwan’s eyes widen as he released what the other was asking, ‘So you want me and my boyfriend to be all gross and cuddly so it force Hakyeon into a jealous rage where he’ll sit on your lap and be disgustingly cute and cuddly throughout the movie despite the fact that you are too scared to actually ask him out and be able to do this without having him jealous first?’. Taekwoon narrowed his eyes, fingers flexing to show his annoyance. Jaehwan raised his hands in defeat, ‘You owe lunch and a duet or new lyrics’. Taekwoon nodded, knowing it was the least he could do to get what he wanted.

                ‘Move aside guys’ Hakyeon whined a bowl of melted chocolate covered popcorn for him and Taekwoon in hand. Wonshik had his head propped up on his hand, elbow resting on the arm of the sofa, lying sideways. Jaehwan was grinning mischievously, bowl of popcorn on stool in front of them, hand reaching back to feed Wonshik. Hakyeon felt a squirming jealously burn in the pit of his stomach as he watched Wonshik clean the chocolate of Jaehwan’s finger absentmindedly as he watched the opening scene unfold before him, Jaehwan was snuggled back against the other, grinning at the eldest of them all. ‘Sorry Hyung, I’m too comfortable, we haven’t been able to cuddle in awhile, just sit on Taekwoon hyung, he won’t mind if you ask nicely’ Jaehwan smiled, turning his attention away from the squirming male and back to feeding his boyfriend between stealing short kisses. Hakyeon sighed, turning to glance at Taekwoon sadly, knowing the other hated cuddling or even letting Hakyeon touch him when the others were around. He was afraid of becoming what the others in college said he would become by hanging around Hakyeon, it hurt Hakyeon to know the truth but he always saw they way Taekwoon would look around to make sure no one would  see them before he’d hug Hakyeon. ‘I’ll just sit on the floor’ Hakyeon mumbled dejectedly, turning to sit but a soft hand caught his wrist. He found himself being manhandled into Taekwoon’s lap, strong hands holding his hips as the other squirmed to get comfortable. ‘You were complaining about your muscles earlier, don’t hurt them even more’ Taekwoon whispered asked Hakyeon’s ear. Hakyeon shiver, hiding his blush in the darkness of the room as Taekwoon moved him backwards to settle his chin on Hakyeon’s shoulder, arms wrapping around Hakyeons slim waist.

                    The movie went by slowly as Hakyeon grew more immersed in it. Taekwoon found the elder squirming in excitement in his lap and laughing along with the jokes, more carefree than he had seen him in weeks. The life finally back in him after weeks of tiredness.  Taekwoon nudged the line of Hakyeon’s jaw with his nose lightly, mouth opening as he waited. Hakyeon smiled, turning to him slightly as he held up a few pieces of popcorn for Taekwoon to eat since his hands were busy holding onto Hakyeon as if the other would disappear at any given moment. Hakyeon shiver as Taekwoon’s lips bruised his finger, giggling slightly at the ticklish feeling before drawing his hand away, wiping the wetness on Taekwoon’s jeans before focusing back on the movie. Frozen was slowly becoming his favorite movie, not only because of the amazing story but also because of the way Taekwoon was holding him close, as if he was the most precious thing on earth and he wouldn’t know what to do with himself if anything happened to him.

                     Taekwoon glanced at the other two, the sound of Wonshik’s soft snores alerting him to the sleeping state of the younger couple. Jaehwan’s face was buried in Wonshik’s shoulder, hands clingy to the others shirt as they slept peacefully. Taekwoon smiled, despite how annoying they could be when awake, they made a cute couple. Taekwoon brought his eyes back towards the man in his lap when Hakyeon shifted, burying his face in Taekwoon’s neck, small sniffles escaping as he tried to hide. The credits of the movie rolled across the screen as Hakyeon sniffled softly, body shaking. ‘Yeon, Yeonie…it’s only a movie…and it ended happily…’ Taekwoon cooed softly, hand through Hakyeon’s freshly dyed red locks. Hakyeon nodded raising his head, wiping away the small tears that had escaped. ‘I know….I just….I wanted to be loved like Christof loves Anna…I don’t want any more Hans in my life, I’ve had enough of them and I just…I’m sorry I’m being so stupid right now…’ Hakyeon chuckled, trying to play it off. Taekwoon shook his head, wiping away ‘It’s not stupid’. Hakyeon smiled a watery smile, looking down to play with his fingers, ‘I just want someone to love me. I want a pure love, no lies or cheating. Just us, just me and whoever in love, taking it at our pace. I want to watch movies and act like Wonshik and Jaehwan do, I want to steal kisses and have someone’s eyes light up with joy when they seem me. I want that, I want the cuddles and kisses and stupid nicknames. Do you think I’ll ever have that Taekwoon?’ Taekwoon smiled shyly, finger going to measure Hakyeon’s against his. He didn’t dare lift his head, didn’t try to look Hakyeon in the eyes for fear of what they’d hold. He could feel the words on the tip of his tongue, just waiting to fall from his lips. He knew that this was the time, that he couldn’t hold it back anymore even if it ended up with the destruction of a five years friendship.

               ‘What if you could have it?’ Taekwoon asked softly, his lips nervously, ‘what if you always had the possibility for it, just never saw it?”. Hakyeon went silent, totally still in Taekwoons lap as he gazed at their hands. The difference between his own shorter tanned fingers and Taekwoon’ long slender pale piano fingers. He tried not to notice how perfect they looked interlaced with his own, how perfectly molded they were like they had been crafted to only fit his. ‘If I did have it and never saw it then I must be blind’ Hakyeon replied shortly. He watched as Taekwoons thumb ran over his knuckles, the soothing action failing to calm the ache in Hakyeons heart that yearned to be filled, the gapping whole that craved love and attention. ‘I really like you Hakyeon, more than I like singing. Singing use to be my oxygen but now I can’t go a day without seeing your face or thinking about smile and I know, I know I am far from perfect. I’m too quiet and I scare people, but I can try be everything that you need. I can love you, I know that much. I’ve been in love with you for three years now and I’m good at it. I’d never hurt you if you gave me the chance’ Taekwoon’s voice was soft, cracking over certain words with fear and nervousness. Hakyeon was gazing at him; he could feel the heavy weight of his eyes on his shoulder as he waited for a reaction, for the screaming to come, the rejection. It never came. Instead Taekwoon found slender arms wrapping arm him tightly, a face pressed into his neck as Hakyeon laughed breathlessly and Taekwoon swore it was the most beautiful sound he had ever heard. He could feel the soft tickle of Hakyeons breath and the wetness of his tears as he tighten his arms around Hakyeon, compressing their bodies together as Hakyeon breathed out the answer he thought he’d never receive. ‘I love you. God I love you Jung Taekwoon. Yes. Yes, I will give you every damn chance in the world because I don’t think I’ll ever find some as amazing as you are’ Hakyeon laughed, placing a soft kiss on Taekwoon pulse point. Taekwoon cradle him close, emotions over whelming him. He swore this was the happiest moment of his life. That was until Jaehwan jumped up, filling the apartment with his high pitched squeals of how damn cute they were and asking Wonshik if he’d got it all on camera. Taekwoon swore that if it wasn’t for Hakyeon’s hand on his chest and the sound of his laughter, he would have killed them for almost ruining the perfect start to what he believed would be the last relationship he ever entered.