You Know What- Shut up.

This Is War- Just Kidding. I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Park Chanyeol

So, weeks just passed like that with Baekhyun and I barely acknowledging each other during dance practice. And other side was no where to be seen within a mile of us. Meanwhile, I was still surrounded by fangirls, and I was getting annoyed, especially when I found out that Desiree was secretly dating another guy behind my back. Needless to say, I broke up with her. I absolutely loathe people who two-time.

One day, like any other day ever since the two of us broke up, different girls came up to me and tried their luck. I tell you, I was close to shouting at them. Damn, sometimes couldn't they tell when a person was in a bad mood? I was busy reading the Science textbook at the table by myself when a girl came up to me from the side. A group of girls had been whispering and giggling near me for a while but I had decided to ignore them.The girl must have been from the group.

"C-chanyeol oppa..." she stuttered. I looked up at her and looked at her face. Brown contact lenses, pale pink lipstick, and fake bangs. And they think that I would like her? I snorted inwardly and managed a smile, "Yes?" Her group of friends squealed at the corner. "C-could you sign this..?" the girl asked before taking out her phone. 

Thinking that if I signed that phone and the group of them would go away, I took a marker from my pencil case and signed on the phone silently. I regretted my actions later, because the rest of the girls came swarming over. I swore I was about to shrivel up and die amidst the squeals. Those girls could never be the same as Desiree. There was this fire that I had liked about her, not because of her looks.

Just when I decided to yell at them, someone cleared his voice behind them, "Ahem." Everyone looked behind, including me. It was Byun Baekhyun, in all his honour of being a loner. The girls stared at him for a while before looking back at me. Their delight died away and instantly ran away yelling in fright, "Sorry!! Please don't punish us!" 

Baekhyun didn't say anything but looked at their fading image. Still surprised by his appearance, I looked at Baekhyun. However, he just turned to give me an emotionless stare in the eye before walking off. I flipped open the Science textbook once again, somehow thankful to that brat that he had chased away the girls. 

------

That week, the girls didn't stop coming. And it didn't help when my birthday fell on Friday. I nearly fainted at the thought of going to school in the morning, but my mum forcefully dragged me out of bed and sent me out of the house. Along the way, I thought of Yixing's experience on his birthday. I shuddered just by thinking of it. As expected, I went through the same thing.

The moment I stepped into the school compound, I was literally showered with gifts and it didn't help when all five of them were by my side. Later on in the classroom, I fretfully gave the boxes of candies and chocolates to Jongdae and Jongin who were more than delighted to receive them. The rest were just chuckling at the side.

"Dude, it must for you." Sehun commented while we were having lunch. I wallowed in my pity for a moment before answering, "I know right! They just won't stop coming!" Kris stuffed a chicken wing into his mouth thoughtfully and said, "I don't think I'll come to school on my birthday." The three of us continued eating quietly. As I munched, I thought about how my following birthdays were about to become ing screwed. Sad story.

The lessons continued per normal after lunch, but people were still wishing me happy birthday no matter where I went. Finally, I lugged three boxes of chocolate to the usual table where I sat beside the basketball court, feeling quite down. Behind in my mind, I knew there were random girls following me. I groaned mentally and slumped onto the table. 

It was then when I realised there was someone on the basketball court. The repeated bouncing of the ball led me to stare at the person who was playing. He dribbled the ball before doing a three-point shot. The ball landed in the net smoothly and he received the ball back in his hands. I didn't know Byun Baekhyun could play basketball, plus in the school uniform. I shook my head, and looked down at the chocolates. Besides, why are we meeting up so much recently?

Suddenly, I could hear the giggling of girls behind me. My blood froze when I heard it. So much for being a kingka. I was becoming allergic to fangirls. Baekhyun clearly saw me when he turned around to see where the noise is but he just bounced the ball on the spot and stared at the girls. I didn't look up, but I could feel a clearly won war going around me. "Ahhh..." was the only thing I heard before an anxious pattering of feet filled my ears.

When I decided the coast was clear, I looked up and found Baekhyun staring at me. His gaze seemed to be a mixture of confusion, anger and calm - which I didn't know how he could manage. He then wordlessly continued practicing shots. Suddenly, I felt his unwillingness to talk getting uncomfortable. I got up from the table and walked towards Baekhyun.

"Byun Baekhyun." I started but the guy ignored me and scored another goal. I stepped nearer and tried again, "Byun Baek." Then it became apparent he was ignoring me. I then stepped in front of Baekhyun to stop him but he swerved and dribbled the ball to the other end of the court. I chased after him and it became a dog-and-cat game.

Finally, I caught hold of his wrist. He tried to wring my hand off but I was holding on tightly. Baekhyun snapped, which gave me a shock, "What do you want?! Lock me up in the cubicle again for all I care!" We stared at each other for a while. I untied my tongue and replied, "It's so long ago-" "It's not an excuse!" Baekhyun yelled, "You kingkas just don't care about us right?"

I noticed that his eyes were shining with tears. For the first time, I was stumped. Yes, I didn't care. But when it came to Baekhyun, a foreign feeling of guilt came surging through me. Baekhyun shut his eyes and looked down, "Go on. Beat me. Punch me." I didn't. Instead, I pulled the smaller guy into a hug. It was all quiet until Baekhyun sniffled and he broke away, running.

Standing there, I thought about what I had just done. Had I gone mad? You probably had. Somehow, hugging Baekhyun made my day feel slightly better. I shrugged and made my way back to the table. Just then, my phone buzzed. I opened the messaging box to see who had messaged me.

From Little Brat-

"Happy birthday, idiot."

I felt as if the sun had shone a few times brighter when I read the message. 

 

Byun Baekhyun:

 

I must admit that when Park Chanyeol hugged me, my mind was temporarily out of order. The reason why we avoided all of them in the first place was to avoid any more confrontations. Yes, we were scared. But his hug felt so warm and comfy, I stalled there for a moment, then I remembered why I hated him. So, I ran away before I could let one drop of tear travel down my face.

Later, I felt a little compelled to wish him a happy birthday since.. Umm his hug was nice. Yeah. (Your minds now: ..........) 

The next day, we were all at the dance studio near my house for the dance practice. The other boys were quiet and made small talk between themselves, ultimately leaving Chanyeol and I to our own devices.

Slumping against the wall, I gulped down my bottle of water, my thighs aching. I am still wondering who on earth chose Everybody as the song. It is downright, freaking difficult. But it sort of made up for our lack of dancing background, I guess, since the dance was admittedly cool. Park Chanyeol was at the other side of the studio busy tapping on his phone. He definitely looked pissed off, but I assumed it must have been one of the s.

We continued the dance practice for an hour before we bade goodbye and left. "Mr Leeeeee please come and pick me!" I heard Chanyeol saying into the phone desparately. Being the curious me, I stayed behind in the studio and pretended to scroll through my phone. The taller's face scrunched up more more as the other end of the call said something to him.

"But but but-"

"Pleaseeeeeee. I don't want to face the girls!"

"Hello? Hello?! Damn!" Chanyeol fretted as he stared unbelievably at his phone. I smiled discreetly at the corner. He looked unbelievable adorable when he was frustrated. I felt his gaze settle on me suddenly and I quickly turned my attention back to the phone. Seriously, a news article had just shown up on my screen.

Park Enterprises to hold their annual company ball on the 14th of February!

I snorted inwardly. Those people have the time and money to go to a ball. Dumb. I could only have my thoughts for a few seconds when Chanyeol called me, "Uh. Baekhyun." My walls started building up again. Slowly looking up, I gave him a questioning glace. "C-can you walk with me to the subway?" he stuttered. Not feeling pityful today, I burst out in laughter.

"What?"

"Seriously? You can't just get out of here and walk there? Are you that spoiled?"

Chanyeol glared at me before pursing his lips and looking away. He said quietly, "I don't want the girls and reporters swarming around me." I took in his words, and asked sharply, "Why? Suddenly feeling that I'm your friend?"

No matter how I tried to forget, I couldn't. That hour of being locked in the cubicle was unerasable, especially when I heard Park Chanyeol's voice...

Leave him there. That'll teach him a lesson.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter