Awkward... Awkwardness Everywhere...

This Is War- Just Kidding. I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chanyeol felt as if the world was just being an annoying freak as he stared at the stack of homework on one side and the computer containing company files on the other. The rest had decided to ditch him last minute saying they had other things to do. Right, he thought sarcastically when he saw Jongdae walking past with Angel, laughing and smiling. At least the mob of fangirls had died down during the revision period.

Yixing had promised to study with him, but he disappeared to somewhere over the rainbow, probably the library but Chanyeol was too lazy to find him. Sighing, he picked up his pen and turned his attention to the Science worksheets instead. (He gets really pissed off when he sees the numbers on the computer files.) Science was way better of a torture.

As he did the paper, his mind went on auto, answering the questions and just skipped the ones he didn't know. Then his correction tape dropped for some reason onto the tiled floor. Sighing, Chanyeol bent over to pick it up but the distance was a little off from his hand. He frowned and stretched harder to get that green thing. Yes... Yes... Almost reached it...

Then he fell off the chair.

Chanyeol cursed silently as he picked up the correction tape. As he looked to the floor in a daze, he saw a person standing in front of him. Wait. Those white and red sneakers... He fell over on his bum again as he looked up. Sure, it was Baekhyun. But...

"Are you done being an idiot?" the eyelined male asked the one who was sitting on the floor with contempt. Chanyeol gulped as he stared at Baekhyun. Wow he looked... Hot. Seriously though, Baekhyun looked totally different with eyeliner. More fierce, Chanyeol thought.

Suddenly, Baekhyun threw a notebook to him, "From Jongin. He told me to pass it to you." Chanyeol caught the familiar notebook in his hands, but his eyes kept going back to Baekhyun. Chanyeol suddenly noticed the parts of Baekhyun's face he hadn't noticed before. The eyeliner seemed to bring out the shadows of his high cheekbones and puppy-like eyes. In any words, the guy looked much more alluring and confident.

"Is there something wrong with my face?" Baekhyun asked, jolting him out of his dream-like trance. Chanyeol shook his head and quickly came back to reality. He replied, "No. Nothing." The shorter narrowed his eyes, which made him look threatening for a second, "And get up from there. You look retarded." But his character still remained. Chanyeol sighed as he watched Baekhyun walk away.

He then heaved himself upwards to the chair before staring at his homework. Chanyeol frowned after a minute. Why was his heart beating so violently?

 

------

 

It had never occured to Baekhyun that girls would be interested in him. He was quite prepared to live a single life, mind you. But after his lessons for the day ended, Baekhyun tasted something that he never wanted to taste - popularity.

Baekhyun placed his textbooks in the locker silently and closed it. A voice suddenly asked beside him shyly, "Hi..." He immediately turned and came face to face with a girl who was rather sweet looking. He blinked and gave her a small smile, "H-Hello. Is there anything you want?" She shook her head and just grinned, "Just wanted to say- Wait you're Baekhyun right?"

He nodded his head dumbly, wondering what was going on. The girl grinned even wider before saying, "I saw your picture for the Jem collection modelling. It was really nice!" Baekhyun felt a small sense of pride grow in his chest. "Thanks!" he chirped back. The girl bowed and scurried off down the corridor, though Baekhyun thought he heard her mutter, "Gosh he's so cute!"

His second run in with popularity was when he was just walking down the street to the road side food stall with Luhan and Kyungsoo later on. All three of them were busy disscussing what to order in the line when the one of the girls from the group of girls queing in front of them said a little too loudly, "God. Look at them." Baekhyun managed to see what the girl was showing excitedly to her friends. It turned out to be the ELLE magazine for the month. And yeah, their photos were included.

By sheer luck, the girl was pointing to the page featuring their group photo. Luhan had started staring at the magazine too. "The clothes are nice," he commented softly with a smile. Baekhyun agreed, "Yep. I like the one the girl model was wearing. Such a nice shade of red." Another girl fawned, "Omo. They're so pretty."

At this point, Baekhyun assumed they were refering to the small dress collection at the bottom of the page. Then another chimed, "How can boys be this pretty? They're even prettier than us." Luhan stared at Baekhyun and he stared back. Awkward. He suddenly felt like hiding away before the girls noticed them. However, the holy Do Kyungsoo wasn't exactly the epitome of silence, or gracefulness in that case.

Kyungsoo tripped over his own foot.

Baekhyun smacked himself in the middle of his face. Fortunately, Kyungsoo did not fall flat on the floor. Unfortunately, the girls turned around and looked at all three of them. Awkward. Why is today so awkward? Baekhyun questioned himself as he diverted his gaze to the floor. 

Then one of the girls exclaimed, "You guys are the models!" At that, the others began to realise this fact. Luhan had awkwardly tried to hide behind him, leaving Baekhyun and Kyungsoo staring at them with wide eyes. A second later, a wave of questions and comments crashed on them.

"What's your name?"

"You guys look so awesome in that magazine!"

"Which school are you from?"

"How old are you guys?"

"Why are you so pretty?"

Baekhyun decided to ignore the last one. They just introduced themselves plainly out of courtesy without being awkward as they moved themselves out the queue to prevent blocking other customers. One girl complained, "Hyo Shin High? Man I should have gotten before results and entered that school." After a while of disscussion, Baekhyun actually found the girls quite friendly, so did Kyungsoo and Luhan.

Kyungsoo asked, "You girls heard of Chanyeol, Jongin and Yixing?" The girl with glasses snorted, "Heard? More like overseen them." Her friends nodded in agreement. "You mean, you don't like them?" Baekhyun asked in a surprised tone. Truly, this was the first time he ever come across girls who didn't fawn over them. She replied, "Not that I hate them, just that they're overated. Everyone talks about them as if they're that great. Plus, they're only popular because of their parents."

Baekhyun instantly took a liking to the girl. Kyungsoo was smiling like a madman beside him while Luhan agreed, "You got it right." Honestly, Baekhyun thought that the girl was plain looking, maybe even on a nerdish side. But she had the right attitude. 

Luhan finally stepped out from behind him and asked shyly, "Actually... May I know your names? Maybe twitter friends? Or facebook buddies?"

He didn't need to ask twice. They had gotten all of the girls' names and facebook accounts within seconds. Baekhyun looked at the girl with specs carefully. She reminded him a lot of... Minseok. Those crescent shaped eyes and bun like cheeks. Man even the height of the cheekbones were the same.

Baekhyun blurted out randomly, "Taeun-sshi. You look like this guy over here." And pointed to Minseok in the magazine. Her friend, Kaeri stared between the two for a moment before clapping her hands wildly. "You two really look alike!"

They ended up sharing the same table and food, and Baekhyun honestly enjoyed it. Taeun was a cool person. He wished that Hyo Shin had more cool people. Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter