Playing Games

This Is War- Just Kidding. I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Byun Baekhyun - Eyeliner Rep, Princess No. 2 of EXO (kingkas), Annoying Lil' Bro

Tagline: #bishplease

 

In all honesty, I wouldn't have written if Angel didn't ask me to. She's just so nice. 

Anyway, I don't like to dwell on freshman year. It gives me weird dreams about Chanyeol still, which freaks me out. My feelings for Chanyeol are still not sorted yet, as a disclaimer. That guy is still having his mood swings, so don't look at his mob of curly hair and clown face and decide that he's perfect.

But he's perfect most of the time :P

So let me start.

 

 

Freshman Year:

 

I couldn't remember when was the last time I was so nervous as I walked through the school's corridors, wandering like a lost sheep.

The hallways seemed much larger than my previous school, which just meant for me(sadly) more bullying. My eyes scanned the surroundings warily while walking around, trying to stick close to the walls. The seniors were eyeing me with smirks from their haphazard lockers and I quickly swept my eyes to the ground. I wished that my bangs grew longer, to block out the stares.

Pale faced, skinny and a harmless look, I was the wonderful target for bullies. I had learnt that in middle school. My shoulder still hurt from the deep cut a thug had given last year from pushing me into a corner of a table. Wincing, I took quick but tentative steps forward to my classroom for Math.

The first week at school hadn't been much of a problem, I just wished that this week would prove just as good. I turned the bend just as I saw him. Him. Park Chanyeol. A group of girls had gathered around him, chattering and squeaking. Most of the boys shot him hateful looks, most probably because he was steling away their possible dates.

It was amazing that I remembered his name. It's a wonder that I can remember someone's name in less than a week. Maybe it's the hate involved. I don't know how Park Chanyeol got popular with only one week into the school term. His looks, maybe. Although I would say he looked like jerk and one of those boys perfect for exerting their authority over people. 

I squeezed through the girls, just to realise Chanyeol was hogging up the doorway. Just then, the bell went off and I waited patiently for the girls and him to move off. But after five minutes, the douchebag hadn't moved his off the entrance. For your information, I wasn't too pleased. And none of the seniors seemed eager to move him off as well.

So I decided to take things into my own hands after another few wasted minutes. Rudely shoving a girl aside, I said politely looking into his eyes, "Excuse me, we need to have our class now." Chanyeol looked at me lazily and I wanted to smack that look off his face. "Oh hey. It's you." How the hell do you even know me. Liar. But I kept my cool. 

"Uh yeah. Can you, move it?" I asked one more time, with a forced smile. "Oh. This is my classroom too. Do you mind waiting until the teacher comes?" he flashed a grin at me, causing a few other girls to give happy muffled squeals. I was the opposite of happy. And I usually do not get pissed. This was an exception. Who did this idiot think he was? 

I gave him a smile before kicking him in the knees. A loud thwack could be heard throughout the whole corridor. Lots of gasps could be heard but I couldn't care less, even I was about to get kicked and punched for the rest of my school life. Seeing the giant stumble and fall back onto the floor made about a thousand days for me. 

"Moving?" I asked coldly, staring down at Chanyeol. I raised a foot as he warning and he scrambled aside. I strode inside feeling extremely acomplished. So long, es. 

------

For the whole lesson, I could feel people's eyes bore into me. I was starting to regret what I'd done. Not a great way to start school year, Baekhyun. I swallowed hard and tried to concentrate on the teacher's explanation on an equation.

"Psst." It was the guy sitting beside me. Turning cautiously, I looked at him and asked, "Yes?" He had about the widest eyes I've about seen and had this innocent look. "Umm I saw what you did to... Chanyeol-ssi." Ah great. First complaint. I braced myself mentally for the scolding as I bit my lower lips tightly.

But the guy must have read my mind, because he quickly said, "I think it's really cool. And stupidly daring." Stupidly daring. Not the first. I slowly tilted my head towards him and asked, "Really? Are you sure?" He gave me the slightest of smiles and nodded. "Awesome." This guy passed rule number one on my friendship book. "What's your name?", I asked, slowly grinning.

------

As a result, for the following days I tagged along with my new friend, Kyungsoo. We were kinda alike, two fish out of water and Kyungsoo had told me before that he was usually subject to taunts in middle school. That wasn't new to me, I guess. 

So, we mananged to stay out of trouble's way nicely.  Until one day, when we were walking along the corridor that was open on one side to the garden. "You finished the bio homework?" Kyungsoo asked randomly, staring ahead at the empty walkway. The sun was shining a triffle to bright for my eyes, which irritated me. "Uh... No. I don't know how to draw the leaf." I replied shortly.

"What was it called again?"

"Byprophlum?"

"I don't think so..."

"Why are you asking me? You know I at Science."

We both stared at each other. As the saying goes, birds of the same feathers flock together. Sighing, Kyungsoo continued walking. I quickly trudged after him. His bowl cut seemed to have been a bowl for birds instead. And his eyebags seemed deeper than last week. Something strange struck me. Kyungsoo had been acting all weird lately.

He always avoided the basketball court, the tables in the extra shelter built by the school and a particular corridor in the school, near the badminton hall. I eyed Kyungsoo suspiciously, "Kyung." He turned to me. "Are you hiding something from me?" 

"No? Why would I be hiding something from you." he replied, chuckling, "You're much too kind for me to lie." But the nervous look in his eyes gave it away. I must say, he acted pretty well. Any ordinary person couldn't have noticed that, but I was involved in bullying last time, I could tell easily. 

I put my hands on my hips and looked at Kyungsoo warily, "Come on. Spit it out." This time the boy looked scared. "Uh.. I'll tell you another time. We have to go." Kyungsoo said hurriedly before walking off. Huh? What the heck just happened?

"Kyungsoo! Wait!" I yelled, running after him. Kyungsoo quickly made a turn around the corner. I thought I would have lost him since he could be darn sneaky and fast when he wanted to but all I heard was a muffled shriek. Then a terrified Kyungsoo came running back in my direction. "Baek! Run! Now!" He shook my shoulders violently and looked at me with very evident fright.

I got the message and turned around but two guys suddenly appeared down the corridor, heading staright for us. I grabbed Kyungsoo's arm and changed our direction. And we barely stopped our running when another two guys walked calmly around the end. Chanyeol. And some other guy. I knew it. He'd come back at me. The familiar fright coursed through my veins once again, and I tried to keep my cool.

The other guy seemed to be looking at Kyungsoo. The two of them walked right up to us. We took a few steps backwards but the other guys had come up to us as well. We were horribly trapped. Kyungsoo squeezed my arm tightly as if his life depended on me and his face was unusually pale. "Do Kyungsoo." the dark skinned other guy said, with a playful smirk on his face.

Park Chanyeol was staring right at me with that same lazy smile. The guy stretched out his arm to touch Kyungsoo on his cheek but Kyungsoo snapped his teeth at him. Fortunately, the guy was quick enough to remove his hand, otherwise his hands would have been bitten off. I couldn't help how Kyungsoo was trembling but at the same his eyes blazed with anger.

"Kim Jongin. Get out of our way." Kyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter